Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #751
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Only downsize to the Miata is Mazda has made them rather "soft looking" over the years and we... being 6'5 means I can't even get behind the wheel of a NA and in a NB my eyes stare at the windshield frame all the while being cramped.
Look up foamectomy on the miata forums, a lot of taller dudes either do that or switch over to buckets with really low rails, although 6'5 is quite a stretch lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #752
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Nice to see some miata love. Next miata is suppose to go back to it's roots and be light again, can't wait!

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #753
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
Look up foamectomy on the miata forums, a lot of taller dudes either do that or switch over to buckets with really low rails, although 6'5 is quite a stretch lol
A NB that might work as its mainly a hight issue (head being to high). A NA is legs and height. The seat won't go back far enough for me to get behind the wheel.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #754
Corbic
Post Whore!

Check out MotorTrend.

BRZ took 4th as best drivers car, beating out the McLeran... but losing to the GTR.

991 raped them all.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #755
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
BRZ Turbo confirmed. 280hp. That is all.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #756
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
BRZ Turbo confirmed. 280hp. That is all.
From factory? what's your source?
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #757
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
Motortrend. Out late next year.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #758
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Quote:
Motortrend. Out late next year.

Late next year...
Old 10-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #759
markfitz14

Trader Rating: (0)
markfitz14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
TURBO BRZ it could be true!!!
Turbocharged Subaru BRZ In The Works: Report

I would like 280 hp in a 2800lb car sounds nice.
markfitz14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #760
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfitz14 View Post
TURBO BRZ it could be true!!!
Turbocharged Subaru BRZ In The Works: Report

I would like 280 hp in a 2800lb car sounds nice.

Yea. but I don't get why still we are stuck with 2XX HP with 1.8~2.0L engines..

Is it that government's emission standard makes it difficult to push it more?

Still 280hp ish on light weight car is pure awesomeness
Old 10-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #761
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...lops-brz-turbo
Quote:
Subaru is developing a turbocharged direct-injection version of its familiar horizontally opposed, 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. One use for the 2.0T will be the recently launched rear-wheel-drive BRZ coupe, sources say.

The engine uses a single twin-scroll turbocharger and straight direct-injection developed in-house, rather than the DI/port-injection system engineered with Toyota for the current normally aspirated BRZ and the Scion FR-S.

Tuned for the BRZ, the turbo could generate 280 hp and 250-plus pounds-feet of torque. That would be a significant increase in output compared with the 2.0-liter boxer in the 2013 BRZ, which makes 200 hp and 151 pounds-feet of torque.

The BRZ turbo likely will debut as a 2014 model.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #762
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yea. but I don't get why still we are stuck with 2XX HP with 1.8~2.0L engines..

Is it that government's emission standard makes it difficult to push it more?

Still 280hp ish on light weight car is pure awesomeness
Fuel economy, Emissions, Longevity.... and the STi.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #763
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post

The FA20DIT has already been developed, in fact it's already in the Legacy GT in Japan. SUBARU :

As for the BRZ and Turbo, right now it's all cannon fodder as both men in charge of Subaru and Subaru Technica International have said that there would not be a turbocharged version of the BRZ. I'm hoping for it as well, but it seems they don't want to interfere with their STI sales as that is their flagship(Remember Nissan North America and why we didn't get a turbo 240sx?)

In all honesty, I will probably be going forced induction on my own and not worrying about the factory version since it will more than likely be conservatively tuned anyways. Plus these engines are already proving themselves as little powerhouses being pushed into the mid 500hp range so far, and I'm sure they will be pushing for more. I remember when everyone thought the compression on the s2000 was too high for boost and that you needed to lower the CR for any reliability, which is now proven not necessary and there are guys pushing 7-800 hp on stock internals. I can't even imagine that much horsepower in an S2000 or an FRS/BRZ

Quote:
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:50 AM   #764
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This place really needs to get hold of this SpamBot issues.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #765
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Like what I did there? Straight ninja cock tease. Poof. Vanished.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #766
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Figured you guys would like these videos. It shows some of the different features they implemented and why and how they did them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ0sDiL87eE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZcX7Hawhk

Quote:
Old 10-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #767
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:

The FA20DIT has already been developed, in fact it's already in the Legacy GT in Japan. SUBARU :

As for the BRZ and Turbo, right now it's all cannon fodder as both men in charge of Subaru and Subaru Technica International have said that there would not be a turbocharged version of the BRZ. I'm hoping for it as well, but it seems they don't want to interfere with their STI sales as that is their flagship(Remember Nissan North America and why we didn't get a turbo 240sx?)

In all honesty, I will probably be going forced induction on my own and not worrying about the factory version since it will more than likely be conservatively tuned anyways. Plus these engines are already proving themselves as little powerhouses being pushed into the mid 500hp range so far, and I'm sure they will be pushing for more. I remember when everyone thought the compression on the s2000 was too high for boost and that you needed to lower the CR for any reliability, which is now proven not necessary and there are guys pushing 7-800 hp on stock internals. I can't even imagine that much horsepower in an S2000 or an FRS/BRZ

That's an incredible torque line.. LOL max torque @ 2000rpm?
Old 10-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #768
markfitz14

markfitz14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Quote:
Figured you guys would like these videos. It shows some of the different features they implemented and why and how they did them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ0sDiL87eE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZcX7Hawhk
Wow those videos were awesom.
markfitz14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #769
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
That's exactly what I was thinking!

Quote:
Old 10-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #770
Corbic
Post Whore!

I guess Subaru wanted to make sure we all know the BRZ was styled by Toyota.

2014 WRX

Old 10-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #771
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
I guess Subaru wanted to make sure we all know the BRZ was styled by Toyota.

2014 WRX

Why does that look a like Cruz...??

Mand that thing is ugly..
Old 10-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #772
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
kinda reminds me of 1.8 MKIV Jetta's/Golfs'. They reach max torque at about 1800rpm
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #773
K_style
Post Whore!

Did you guys see BRZ with AWD in first video doing dyno?? wonder what that was..
Old 10-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #774
Cheesy Doriftos
Zilvia Member

Cheesy Doriftos is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 10-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #775
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Sup with the speculation of a near $50,000 BRZ STI thing?

lolololololololol
Old 10-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #776
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesy Doriftos View Post

Rocket Bunny wide body kit is a winner.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #777
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^wrong offset not so much.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #778
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
^wrong offset not so much.
Feel bad for keep mentioning but wrong PCD as well.. LOL
Old 10-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #779
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Feel bad for keep mentioning but wrong PCD as well.. LOL
It's not really a big deal anymore since the FRZ has built up such a large popularity, it has practically forced wheel manufacturers to produce wheels in proper sizes and the 5x100 lug pattern. Enkei, Work, RAYS, SSR, and many other name brands are already making many of their wheels in the aggressive sizing. No lug conversion necessary!

Quote:
Old 10-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #780
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
It's not really a big deal anymore since the FRZ has built up such a large popularity, it has practically forced wheel manufacturers to produce wheels in proper sizes and the 5x100 lug pattern. Enkei, Work, RAYS, SSR, and many other name brands are already making many of their wheels in the aggressive sizing. No lug conversion necessary!
I would like to beat the fuck tard that made it 5x100 with a club. It's not just about buying wheels in good sizes, its about having commonality between cars.

STi us 5x114.3 as are all of Toyota's current cars. So why is this POS 5X100 other than they intend to offer a premium with 5x114.3 down the line.