Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
todd5854
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
todd5854 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where do all of you get your parts from?

Just what the title says... where does everyone buy their stuff?

Besides eBay and Craigslist lol

I'm looking for upgraded KA24 internals like pistons and rods, cams, etc and I want to get an idea as to where to buy stuff.. I'm also doing research on whether or not I even have to upgrade the internals.. only looking to run 7 - 8 lbs of boost
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
Check the vendor advertisers here in zilvia
Old 11-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just stop. Go to Ka-t.org. Read. Don't post. Read. I'm not trying to be a badass zilvian but this has been covered so many times there's literally a specific forum for it. You're probably looking for a basic bottom mount T25 setup. There's comete instructions on what to buy on their technical forum. Just read up over there, there's a fountain of knowledge. You'll get torn apart and misinformed on zilvia for the most part.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
Nismo240driftSX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Nismo240driftSX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I didn't build my motor and ran a Garrett T3T04e turbo, Greddy front mount, 370cc SR injectors with a Jim Wolf ecu. Made 250whp and ran like a champ even at 164k when I sold it. All on the original motor, never rebuilt.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
todd5854
Leaky Injector

And this is why I post here. I get tons of advice. I know about ka-t and I have a few of their pages bookmarked. I hear of people running stock setups at 7 psi. Wanted some opinions on that. It seems I can keep it stock to be honest.. just with another motor on deck of course
Old 11-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
todd5854
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo240driftSX View Post
I didn't build my motor and ran a Garrett T3T04e turbo, Greddy front mount, 370cc SR injectors with a Jim Wolf ecu. Made 250whp and ran like a champ even at 164k when I sold it. All on the original motor, never rebuilt.
How long was the car running like this? I have friends who tell me I'm the dumbest ass in the world for looking to run stock setup lol
Old 11-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's all about tuning man. You can do outlandish things with a KaT on a good tune. Just do a lot of research before pouring money into shiny things from enjuku. I got an S14 Ka with 87k on it from a local shop with an exedy clutch kit for $400. Call your local shops, meet rad dudes, get hookups. Guys are always pulling these out for sr20's. Ka-t can be done well "on a budget." just don't skimp on tuning. Get a wideband, know what you're dealing with and meet guys in your area who can help you out.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #8
todd5854
Leaky Injector

The sad thing is, half of the shops around here don't know what a 240sx is, let alone a Nissan, lol :/ Now they know all about F150s and Trans Ams though. You're right though, I just gotta find the right people. I do have some local friends who all have 240's so it's not like its just me.

I heard that the KA can put out 250whp on the stock bottom end with a good tune... truth?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #9
240dream
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240dream is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/459815...results-2.html

I made that thread and that's my Dyno on complete stock motor. My car was Dyno tuned that's where you will get the most benifets
Old 11-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #10
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
first off, compression and leak down test.....that will tell you whats going on with your particular motor and give you a judgement on if it will last for a while. The ka is hit or miss due to mileage/abuse. Mostly because noobs throw the shit on and skimp on tuning. Then give the motor a bad name saying it's junk because it blew in a week. When in most cases they started with a worn out motor to begin with and just have an overall crappy poorly thought out setup that cut corners. I can remember when people were using FMU's for tuning lol. KA-T.org is the only place you should really be looking for advice. If you just want overall 240 "culture" and are looking for a few good laughs this place is ok. The for sale section is top notch. Find some quality pieces.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I get mine from the parts store.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
zo0d
Zilvia Member

zo0d is on a distinguished road
Frsport.com most things qualify for super saver shipping.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #13
todd5854
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240dream View Post
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/459815...results-2.html

I made that thread and that's my Dyno on complete stock motor. My car was Dyno tuned that's where you will get the most benifets
That's pretty amazing. I would love to achieve the same results. 260WHP is plenty for me. This car is a daily, so while I want it to be quick.. yeah not too quick lol.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #14
Nismo240driftSX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Nismo240driftSX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd5854 View Post
How long was the car running like this? I have friends who tell me I'm the dumbest ass in the world for looking to run stock setup lol
I owned it for a little over 2 years. It was boosted for at least 2 before I bought it. Ran like a top at 6 psi. It was boosted for at least 40k miles. I never had any issues with it. Like I said, the motor was all original and just well maintained. I was the 3rd owner. One of the cleanest hatches I've ever seen.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #15
Chuki_KA24e
Leaky Injector

Chuki_KA24e is an unknown quantity at this point
I purchase as many parts as I can off eBay. Especially the knock off and cheap ones. It's a 240 not a Lambo, forged internals are forged internals...
Old 11-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #16
SuperWOW

SuperWOW is an unknown quantity at this point
Besides myself, i like purchasing from FRSport.com and RHD Japan the most. Quality parts and service and these guys know how to pack and ship properly.

Other than that definitely check out the Zilvia advertisers.

-Mishimoto
-Enjuku Racing
-Touge Factory
-Phase2Motortrend
-240sxMotoring
-Broadfield

Just to name a few more.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:40 AM   #17
MamangSorbetero
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
MamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
FRSport is local to my area so I just walk into their lobby.

But even they can get finnicky with supply and what they display on their site. They have lots of parts they don't even tell you they have.

If you look hard enough there are specialty shops that sell particularly to Nissans. I got ARP head studs and main studs from a Mr. Arias himself over the phone
Old 11-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #18
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
the parts store? Man that is helpful. What did you eat for dinner? FOOD.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:37 AM   #19
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
the parts store? Man that is helpful. What did you eat for dinner? FOOD.
Left overs actually.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:48 AM   #20
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Depends on what you need, when you need it, how much you have to spend, and how much effort you have to put into it.

There is not alot you can not find here in zilvia. Plus depending on popularity and price, will dictate who I buy from. I am not loyal to anyone other than a price and whether or not you can trust the merchant.

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Old 11-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #21
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
When I need parts I just put them on my tab at Harry's..

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
Old 11-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #22
jholman05
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
jholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nicejholman05 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jholman05
I've had my stock KA turboed for over 4 years, from a T25 at 7psi, to a T28 at 12psi. I replaced the headgasket and arp headstuds, but that wasn't due to the stock stuff failing. I would imagine my car has close to 100 1/4 mile passes on it, driven from Cincinnati to deals gap a few times (5 hours one way, then 13 miles and 312 curves)

http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic...er=asc&start=0

Ran a best of 12.4 @ 110 on 12psi before putting my cams in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9ZgJ6acYWQ

Like mentioned above, tuning is the key. I used to run a CalumRT but have now switched to Nismotronic, since a local guy is the hardware developer. I have my CalumRT I can sell with both a N60/370cc and N62/550cc tune on it.

That being said, I will be building my engine this winter, just because I think I've given the stock components enough hell, I will most likely buy the parts through my engine builder or a couple other local shops.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #23
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangan_cruiser View Post
Check the vendor advertisers here in zilvia
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoremk2 View Post
Just stop. Go to Ka-t.org. Read. Don't post. Read. I'm not trying to be a badass zilvian but this has been covered so many times there's literally a specific forum for it. You're probably looking for a basic bottom mount T25 setup. There's comete instructions on what to buy on their technical forum. Just read up over there, there's a fountain of knowledge. You'll get torn apart and misinformed on zilvia for the most part.
This again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I get mine from the parts store.
This could work too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob2121 View Post
When I need parts I just put them on my tab at Harry's..
Only if you're desperate and if you have a mad scientist with you that's willing to rip apart the block, and replace the piston rings also.

OP, search. This has been discussed way too often.

xquizitditz
Closed Thread