Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-02-2013, 12:43 AM   #1
Breareos
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Breareos is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Urethane overfenders?

I've done a search and haven't come up with the results I was looking for. I'm wondering if there is anybody that makes urethane or FRP hybrid (like ings +1 makes for their body kits) over fenders. Reason I ask is because I'm really not sure how prone FRP is to cracking, and I'd really hate to find cracks in my over fenders after pulling my car out from winter storage or just avoid them cracking from anything short of an accident as I plan on putting on a fairly expensive paint job.
I was planning on running 9" wheels in the front with 245/40/18 rubber and 10" in the back running 275/35/18 and I would like to have absolutely no tire stretch because I don't like the look and I don't want to run the risk of debeading the tires.... Unless someone can tell me whether running a small amount of stretch can guarantee they won't debead. Oh, and this is for an S14..

if no one makes urethane or FRP hybrid over fenders, can anyone vouch for the durability of Origin over fenders? Or if even the OEM metal fenders can be pulled enough without looking too ugly to support those kinds of wheels and tires?
Breareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
245/40 is going to look huge and a major pain in the ass to fit even with overfenders unless your running a really low offset. I run a 255/35/18 on 18x9.5 all around on stock rolled/pulled fenders. It has barely any stretch. With the right offsets you dont even need to run overfenders for the tire sizes you want.

Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #3
Breareos
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumslapper View Post
245/40 is going to look huge and a major pain in the ass to fit even with overfenders unless your running a really low offset. I run a 255/35/18 on 18x9.5 all around on stock rolled/pulled fenders. It has barely any stretch. With the right offsets you dont even need to run overfenders for the tire sizes you want.

That's not bad, I should have mentioned I was planning on getting Work Emotion XD9s, 18x9 +20 front and 18x10 +18 rear with 2* front camber and 1.5* rear.... kind of like this setup I found on Rimtuck.

RIMTUCK.com - Setup
Breareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Love it....thread jacking a bit but just brainstorming since I am already here and its rather similar.....245/40 on front on an S14 with 17x8.5 +30 (with 15mm spacer)......do you feel that will cause any fitment issues? Havent gotten anything mounted yet or had time to go to the shop so I havent had a chance to mount them and test fit them.

I also have the option of running the 245/40 on a 17x9.5 rear if I had to.

@Breareos.....I am with you. Not into the extreme tire stretch or the risk of debeading/exploding tires especially with a higher HP build.

Already searched and did the whole Rimtuck and WillTheyFit thing just trying to thread jack and see if anyone has any first hand knowledge/experience.

Last edited by 2muchboost; 04-02-2013 at 11:49 AM..
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
All im saying is do research you can do the exact setup u want with stock fenders with a roll and slight pull with camber.
If you do a over fender you will most likely have a sunken look. The best over fenders i would have to say are chargespeed but only come in 50mm
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breareos View Post
That's not bad, I should have mentioned I was planning on getting Work Emotion XD9s, 18x9 +20 front and 18x10 +18 rear with 2* front camber and 1.5* rear.... kind of like this setup I found on Rimtuck.

RIMTUCK.com - Setup
why would you need overs for those wheels????
those will fit fine under stock fenders unless you're running mega-wide tires like 255 or larger.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #7
InsTanCeZ
Zilvia Addict

InsTanCeZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly, anything bigger than 17x9 on the front of s-chassis is pretty dumb. Most people in Japan use 17x9 with 235/40r17 in the front and 18x10 or 18x10.5 with 265/35r18 in the rear. If they are grip driving they may use 255/40r17 in the front. These are professional drifters/time attack racers so I think they know what they are doing lol. 17/18 stagger works perfectly on s-chassis and stops rubbing in the front.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
dragonfly

dragonfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumslapper View Post

Nice fitment....what's the offset
dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
Breareos
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsTanCeZ View Post
Honestly, anything bigger than 17x9 on the front of s-chassis is pretty dumb. Most people in Japan use 17x9 with 235/40r17 in the front and 18x10 or 18x10.5 with 265/35r18 in the rear. If they are grip driving they may use 255/40r17 in the front. These are professional drifters/time attack racers so I think they know what they are doing lol. 17/18 stagger works perfectly on s-chassis and stops rubbing in the front.
I agree on that regard, I wouldn't dream of going anything bigger than 9 inches in the front. Would going 17 in the front and 18 in the rear look kind of weird? I mean they're different wheel sizes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
All im saying is do research you can do the exact setup u want with stock fenders with a roll and slight pull with camber.
If you do a over fender you will most likely have a sunken look. The best over fenders i would have to say are chargespeed but only come in 50mm
I'll definitely do some research into my set up, see what can be done to make it work. I just want to ensure that I have full suspension travel that nothing rubs through any points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
Love it....thread jacking a bit but just brainstorming since I am already here and its rather similar.....245/40 on front on an S14 with 17x8.5 +30 (with 15mm spacer)......do you feel that will cause any fitment issues? Havent gotten anything mounted yet or had time to go to the shop so I havent had a chance to mount them and test fit them.

I also have the option of running the 245/40 on a 17x9.5 rear if I had to.

@Breareos.....I am with you. Not into the extreme tire stretch or the risk of debeading/exploding tires especially with a higher HP build.

Already searched and did the whole Rimtuck and WillTheyFit thing just trying to thread jack and see if anyone has any first hand knowledge/experience.
well if I'm trying to run a wider and larger wheel, I think what you're looking for in a set up should work no problem, with very minimal fender work necessary. Maybe I should go down an inch in my proposed set up widthwise to 8" front and 9" rear just so there's absolute no question that they will fit....

I appreciate the responses guys, thank you very much.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #10
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
^^I think 17's up front of our S14 chassis looks awesome. As noted, in Japan many cars run 17 front and 18 rear. I chose to sell my 18x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rears so I could run some more tire under the stock fenders with minimal modding.

Yes a 9"-wide rear would be ideal for me as well but I think anything less than 8.5"-wide for the front will look super sunken in (I will need spacers to make mine look somewhat flush). I am hoping I can get as close to 0-camber as possible both front and rear.

Here is a quick google search of some S14's running 17f and 18r:

i put in WORK » NZ S14
CAR SPOTLIGHT>> TAYNO'S STREET S14 - Speedhunters
Muski’s S14 | Infinite Focus
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #11
Breareos
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
^^I think 17's up front of our S14 chassis looks awesome. As noted, in Japan many cars run 17 front and 18 rear. I chose to sell my 18x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rears so I could run some more tire under the stock fenders with minimal modding.

Yes a 9"-wide rear would be ideal for me as well but I think anything less than 8.5"-wide for the front will look super sunken in (I will need spacers to make mine look somewhat flush). I am hoping I can get as close to 0-camber as possible both front and rear.

Here is a quick google search of some S14's running 17f and 18r:

i put in WORK » NZ S14
CAR SPOTLIGHT>> TAYNO'S STREET S14 - Speedhunters
Muski’s S14 | Infinite Focus
wow, that looks better than I thought it would. I think I'm convinced... I'd rather run that and have enough meat on my wheels than roll on rubber bands stretched out.

I think I heard somewhere that 1° of camber = 7 mm clearance. Since I wanted to run a functional amount of camber of about 2°, then I get about 14 mm of clearance.