Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #661
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
HAHA i love how DeMarcus Cousins is like "WOW, really? OK, I'm just going to shoot the 3 and test the refs by trying to draw the foul Chauncey Billups style... Well... of course I didn't get it.. this shit is fixed so whatever, might as well shoot the 3 again and try to tie"

Kind of glad the refs are not calling that pump fake, get the guy in the air, then shoot and jump into him to get the foul bullshit. Good try Cousins and I respect you for having the courage to try to expose the refs, but we all know this game is fixed from those last few replays.

I guess everyone is also complaining about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVjf18427DQ

i think it could have went either way. If Kobe did clearly hit Rubio's hands, then I think it should have been called, but from those angles and to me, it looks like Rubio got the ball out of his hands before Kobe hit him so I think it should be a no call. who knows, maybe i can't see it from those replay angles and maybe kobe did hit rubio's hands right before the release since that shot is way off like Blake Griffin or DeAndre Jordan shooting a free throw.

I do agree with that Sacramento game though. officiating was was really bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #662
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
More proof of rigged games for the Lakers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZatX_6i5WY
Old 04-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #663
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
More proof of rigged games for the Lakers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZatX_6i5WY
Dam... I guess Stern really wants to get the Lakers in the playoffs.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #664
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
LMAO Get real. Anybody can string a group of questionable calls together in a video and make it look like a conspiracy.

The league doesn't need the Lakers in the playoffs...and i'm a die hard Laker fan. Even if they get in, we've seen how they've been playing. They'll probably get bounced in the first round. The fact is, the league's money maker and golden child is Lebron James and the Miami Heat...who benefit more than ANY other team from the refs, mind you. Lebron is Sterns money maker. Disagree with that and you're a moron. If the league was absurd enough to "need" any team to be in it, it would be Heat.

The league needs the Lakers to make the playoffs....you guys are fucking ridiculous. Lakers hate is one thing, but COME ON, this is getting out of hand.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 04-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #665
jamg
Nissanaholic!

jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
do you not see the business side to the lakers?

all david stern sees is $$$ in his eyes. the lakers make him lots of it.

lakers fan base> miami.

maimi wasn't a statement in the league till lebron joined them. there are more lebron fans than maimi fans as a whole.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:17 AM   #666
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post

lakers fan base> miami.

maimi wasn't a statement in the league till lebron joined them. there are more lebron fans than maimi fans as a whole.
Don't insult my intelligence. Of course i know the business side and how much money the Lakers make. That's not the point. The point is, it's stupid to suggest that the league "NEEDS" the Lakers in the playoffs in order to save itself from some sort of impending financial doom and so much so that it's willing to change the outcome of games to get them there. The Lakers aren't very good this year. They've had years like this before and didnt make the playoffs and the league kept on ticking. I

No shit the Lakers fan base is larger than the Heats. It's a marquee organization of the league like the Celtics and Knicks. This isn't new. This doesn't mean the league needs them in the playoffs. The Knicks continually make more money than the Lakers and have had FAR more shit seasons. The point is, the league gets it's money from these organizations whether they win or not.

Furthermore, Stern is retiring in less than 4 months. He doesn't give two shits about this years playoffs. And to say that HE actually LIKES the Lakers and is actively pursuing ways to enure their playoff birth is downright laughable. Its actually quite the opposite. If Stern was really dead set on the Lakers success and "maximizing their money making potential" he wouldn't have vetoed the Chris Paul trade. He would've let that shit happen, let them swap bynum for howard like they were planning to do and allowed another "super team" to form. He would've reignited the Lebron VS Kobe finals showdown talk and fans would've flocked to see both teams compete night in and night out in the hopes that they would meet in the finals. Eastern juggernaut versus western juggernaut. Imagine the kind of money THAT would have made. But i digress.... Stern doesn't give a damn if the Lakers make the playoffs or not.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 04-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #667
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:

lakers fan base> miami.

Miami won a championship (2006) before LBJ joined the team. I think they were a 'statement' that year with Wade and Shaq. My

PS - Knicks with 10 straight...not 27 or even close, but still worth mentioning

xquizitditz
Old 04-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #668
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
The fact is, the league's money maker and golden child is Lebron James and the Miami Heat...who benefit more than ANY other team from the refs, mind you. Lebron is Sterns money maker. Disagree with that and you're a moron. If the league was absurd enough to "need" any team to be in it, it would be Heat.
I would argue that the if the Knicks where in the Finals it would generate more money. Larger fanbase and it would have the shock factor since no one besides the Knicks are picking the Knicks.

Quote:
there are more lebron fans than maimi fans as a whole.
Oh really? The amount of Lebron Fans was equal to Miami fans when he left Cleavland from what I remember. Or are we playing revisionist history here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
PS - Knicks with 10 straight...
4,670 days since they last won a playoff series. Thats 12 yrs, 9 mo, 11 days...but who's counting.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #669
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Don't insult my intelligence. Of course i know the business side and how much money the Lakers make. That's not the point. The point is, it's stupid to suggest that the league "NEEDS" the Lakers in the playoffs in order to save itself from some sort of impending financial doom and so much so that it's willing to change the outcome of games to get them there. The Lakers aren't very good this year. They've had years like this before and didnt make the playoffs and the league kept on ticking. I

No shit the Lakers fan base is larger than the Heats. It's a marquee organization of the league like the Celtics and Knicks. This isn't new. This doesn't mean the league needs them in the playoffs. The Knicks continually make more money than the Lakers and have had FAR more shit seasons. The point is, the league gets it's money from these organizations whether they win or not.

Furthermore, Stern is retiring in less than 4 months. He doesn't give two shits about this years playoffs. And to say that HE actually LIKES the Lakers and is actively pursuing ways to enure their playoff birth is downright laughable. Its actually quite the opposite. If Stern was really dead set on the Lakers success and "maximizing their money making potential" he wouldn't have vetoed the Chris Paul trade. He would've let that shit happen, let them swap bynum for howard like they were planning to do and allowed another "super team" to form. He would've reignited the Lebron VS Kobe finals showdown talk and fans would've flocked to see both teams compete night in and night out in the hopes that they would meet in the finals. Eastern juggernaut versus western juggernaut. Imagine the kind of money THAT would have made. But i digress.... Stern doesn't give a damn if the Lakers make the playoffs or not.
no one is saying there is a need for them to be in the playoffs. it's only clearly evident that they teams they play aren't getting calls and it benefits the lakers. stern would do this, stern does that, it doesn't matter.

yes, there's tons of videos of this happening to most teams, etc etc etc etc.

Quote:
Miami won a championship (2006) before LBJ joined the team. I think they were a 'statement' that year with Wade and Shaq. My

PS - Knicks with 10 straight...not 27 or even close, but still worth mentioning
yeah, after that, they went under the radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
I would argue that the if the Knicks where in the Finals it would generate more money. Larger fanbase and it would have the shock factor since no one besides the Knicks are picking the Knicks.

Oh really? The amount of Lebron Fans was equal to Miami fans when he left Cleavland from what I remember. Or are we playing revisionist history here?

4,670 days since they last won a playoff series. Thats 12 yrs, 9 mo, 11 days...but who's counting.
knicks no longer have cash cow players anymore. the last was Lin with his 7 game win streak lol

lebron has 13 million likes on FB, the miami FB page has only 7 million. i'd say that's a good guesstimate on how big the gap was between being a team fan, and being a player fan.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #670
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Of course i know the business side and how much money the Lakers make. That's not the point. The point is, it's stupid to suggest that the league "NEEDS" the Lakers in the playoffs in order to save itself from some sort of impending financial doom and so much so that it's willing to change the outcome of games to get them there. The Lakers aren't very good this year. They've had years like this before and didnt make the playoffs and the league kept on ticking.

Quote:
no one is saying there is a need for them to be in the playoffs. it's only clearly evident that they teams they play aren't getting calls and it benefits the lakers. stern would do this, stern does that, it doesn't matter.

yes, there's tons of videos of this happening to most teams, etc etc etc etc.
The league won't go into bankruptcy and doesn't NEED the lakers to be in the playoffs, but it looks like they are pushing for it.

I don't blame them either, I mean, if you already had a hot wife at home and she suggests she wants a threesome with the girl of your choice, would you rather that girl be be sexy (LA Lakers) or not so sexy (Dallas Mavericks or Utah Jazz)? Even if that threesome last 2 minutes (1st round playoff exit), it's still a threesome.

Why should Stern just settle for a threesome with his hot wife and some hag when he could be doing the nasty with two sexy bitches? He is already making money, but I'm sure he rather have the team that will generate him the most money. Everyone always want to have their cake and eat it too if possible. Stern is no different.

Quote:

Quote:

lebron has 13 million likes on FB, the miami FB page has only 7 million. i'd say that's a good guesstimate on how big the gap was between being a team fan, and being a player fan.
I agree here.

At the time, even in Cleveland, Nike was pushing LBJ to be a global marketing icon like Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan and LBJ's popularity and reach was worldwide.

Whereas, most of the Miami Heat's popularity and fans stemmed mainly from the local hometown area with some scattered here and there.

If anything, I'm pretty sure LBJ joining the team made the Miami Heat even MORE popular around the world.

In fact, I see Miami Heat band wagoners all the way out here in California who don't know shit about basketball and weren't even Heat fans during the Alonzo Mourning/Tim Hardway days or even the pretty recent Dwayne Wade days.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #671
enkei2k
Super Moderator

enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Ugh, why is there not a SINGLE NBA game on tonight?

xquizitditz
Old 04-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #672
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Ugh, why is there not a SINGLE NBA game on tonight?
Because the NBA happens to respect events in other sports. Tonight is the NCAA Championship game

And I write too!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #673
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
^Yup

I would say that game is gonna be better to watch then any NBA game going on this season.

Louisville is gonna take the title
Old 04-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #674
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Because the NBA happens to respect events in other sports. Tonight is the NCAA Championship game
What about the Super Bowl? There were games on Super Bowl Sunday. I just thought it was weird is all. Was it always like this? Never noticed.

xquizitditz
Old 04-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #675
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
What about the Super Bowl? There were games on Super Bowl Sunday. I just thought it was weird is all. Was it always like this? Never noticed.
All games were over before the Superbowl started, and there were ZERO games on Thanksgiving.
Baseball's opening day? Uninteresting games on the schedule. The NBA pays proper respect to other leagues' major moments.

And I write too!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #676
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I foolishly watched the NCAA game. Now I remember why I cant fucking stand college basketball, seriously fuck that noise.

Bring me the NBA playoffs already geesh!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #677
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
I foolishly watched the NCAA game. Now I remember why I cant fucking stand college basketball, seriously fuck that noise.

Bring me the NBA playoffs already geesh!
I like it fine, I just prefer professional basketball more, personally. Where I live, however, saying that is SACRILEGE.

And I write too!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #678
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It's sad that the Refs have been dominating the NCAA news the past few weeks all the way up to the final game. That was a horrible foul call on the fast break. Oh well, atleast I got to see someone's shin bone break in half. It reminds me of when Bryant Young f'd up his knee in that 49'ers game a few years ago... Yuck
Old 04-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #679
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Well, thanks to the Bulls loss and the Hawks win the chances of the Heat sweeping the first 2 rounds just shot up. lol

This also makes for a somewhat interesting East playoff matchup in the Group B with Knicks/Boston and Pacers/Bulls for the first round. Second round could be a tough battle as well in that group.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #680
FRpilot
Post Whore!

50-16 What is that?

The Free Throw disparity between the Lakers and the Warriors tonight. HAHAHA

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #681
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
And..... possible torn Achilles for Kobe. Bah

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 04-13-2013, 01:04 AM   #682
jamg
Nissanaholic!

damn... sucks kobe had to go out like this. sources say that it's likely a full tear. full tear of a tedon is a possible career ending injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
50-16 What is that?

The Free Throw disparity between the Lakers and the Warriors tonight. HAHAHA
DAVID STERN CAN SUCK IT.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:08 AM   #683
Jsal32
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
And..... possible torn Achilles for Kobe. Bah
More like probable.... And ultimately sad. Depending on how bad it is he might be out next year as well. Huge loss for the NBA, L.A., and fans. As for Kobe himself....there is no quit in this guy! Believe that IF he comes back he's coming with something to prove.

Sad, sad day in the Laker-world.

-Jose
Old 04-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #684
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Hope thats not true, you hate to see a guy go out like that.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #685
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
This was from 5 days ago...

Quote:
"That's the risk that we're running with Kobe," Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni said. "His legs, we're playing a little bit with fire and we wouldn't like to. But we're putting ourselves in a position where we have to.

"Obviously, if that doesn't work, then I should have done something else. Right now, I don't know. I sit him down and we lose; that's not going to work either.

"Kobe's our best bet going forward to win games, and he says he's going to retire after a year, so we'll get our money's worth for two years."
I'm assuming people will bring this up.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #686
Jsal32
Zilvia Member

Jsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really nice
Matt Barnes says it all last night thru one of his tweets:

Quote:
Shame they ran him into the ground
-Jose
Old 04-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #687
Jsal32
Zilvia Member

Kobe likely out 6-9 months:

NBA Kobe Bryant likely out 6-9 months - ESPN

Lakers post season:

OVER!

Jose
Old 04-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #688
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Sad news to hear about Kobe.

I have had a love-hate-love relationship with him throughout his career. I idolized him as a teenager when he first came into the league, hated him for a few years when he became cocky and arrogant around the shaq era, then admired him again a few years ago compared to other stars in the league when I realized his dedication and how hard he works on his game (even though at times I think he shoots too much).

I wish him the best and know he'll come back. He's too much of a competitor and I can't imagine this guy just hanging it up after this. (Although, it does sound like he's facing the reality of his injury and the fact that for first time in his life he's being challenged by something that he might not be able to overcome).

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #689
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Also, not to add insult to injury, since it is already ridiculous that Barnes got called for a foul when it was obvious Kobe fell on his own because of a torn achilles, but did kobe really blame barnes for kicking his foot?! C'mon man..

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #690
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This is what having Mike D'antoni as your Coach does to your franchise. Can someone remind why Jeanie Buss isn't running the Lakers instead of that fuck up of a Douche bag Jim Buss? Seriously sad to hear this about Kobe. Jim buss has all but sealed the Lakers fate for the next 10 years because of his lack of IQ.... This is a sad day....
Closed Thread