Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Media Forum / Pictures / Videos

Media Forum / Pictures / Videos Forum dedicated to media, such as pictures and videos.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
Zander

Trader Rating: (0)
Zander is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking Zander's True Love S13 Hatch!!

Alright so I have owned a number of 240's now throughout the years, some stock KA, some SR, some finished, and some never finished. After this whole process I realized how much money I have lost buying a stock 240sx, then buying boat loads of parts for it and later selling it for waaaay less than I have into it. So I sold my last S14 Kouki about a year ago and was getting the itch to own a 240 again. This time... S13... something about an S13 I just love. I wanted to go a different route this time though. Instead of buying a stock one and building it up, find a 240sx that had already alot of parts and money into it, but the seller just wanted to get rid of because of financial problems. We have almost all been here at one point or another. I just decided this time I want to be on the good end of it this time. My specs for the car were as followed.

89-94 240sx Hatch.
ZERO Rust or Body Damage
No Sunroof
Manual Windows and Locks.
Must have some different motor swap (SR, RB, LS, 2J)
As many extra aftermarket parts as I can find on it for cheap.

Well after a few months of searching craigslist, eBay, and autotrader I just couldn't find one I was looking for. It was hard because I live in Minnesota so alot of the 240's up here have rust or if they don't have rust, they were basically stock and people wanted tons of money for them, or they were highly modified and guys wants like 12k+ for them.

One day though... after all this searching... I find a 240sx on eBay in Florida. It was everything I wanted and more! It is a ONE owner, 1990 240sx Hatch, Rust Free, No Sunroof, Manual everything. To top it off it has a LS1 Swap with only 35k Miles with Sikky Swap Kit in it! It had been stripped, and repainted, a BN Sports Body Kit, a OS Giken 2 Way LSD and 18 Inch Axis Wheels . The owner had reciepts of over $25k of work from a shop done on the car.

What was the current bid on this car you may ask? there was 2 Days left and it was at $5,000...

Now many of you know that just to buy a ls1, complete with t56 trans, accesories and wiring is roughly $5k by itself, and that would be with like 100k miles on it. This one only had 35k.

At first I was skeptical, I thought to my self this thing is gonna sell for like 10k at least. But I will just watch it and see what happens.

Well a few days later and only a few hours left in the auction and the current bid was at $6,000. So I started watching it, and I said If I can get it for max of $6,500. I am buying it. This would the perfect 240sx to keep and build up from here. So as time ticked closer and closer to the end of the auction I bid 6100, and was the high bidder. Shortly after I was out bid at 6200. So I waited to the last 10 seconds and threw a max bid of $6,600 out there. $100 more than I wanted to spent but I really wanted it. I was the current high bidder. The last 10 seconds was the longest 10 seconds I have ever sat threw I swear...

The page refreshed and I had won her for a price of $6,600! I was stoked to find a Zero Rust, one owner 240sx that was super clean for this price. I have seen people pay almost that price for stock non abused clean ones. Mine was going to come with a LS1! Here is a few photos of it below that was on eBay.

Zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2013, 12:19 AM   #2
evilevox

evilevox is an unknown quantity at this point
looks sick!
evilevox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
Zander

Here is video from the seller of the car getting on the transport truck.

Then here is a video of when it arrived up in Minnesota. It was awesome to hear the V8 sound come from that car.

And taking it for a little spin.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
Zander

On the Truck

Brought it in the shop to check it out.

Filling up with some fresh gas.

On the lift at a buddys shop to make sure everything was tight and there was no leaks. Along with a fresh oil change.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
Zander

and at home in my garage with my other toys

My Cat "Nismo" Even wanted to check it out
Old 06-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
Zander

So now is where this story and build takes a turn...

I had brought the car over to my friends because the clutch felt like crap, and engaged literally at the top of the pedal. So we spent a good long while getting it adjusted somewhat ok. LS1's suck for bleeding the clutch.

After that we did some work on a few other cars then decided to see which car was faster...

My 01 S4 or the 90 240sx with a LS1..

Well after multiple runs the 240 stomped on my S4 all day long, pulled on it in every gear... which was awesome and also disappointing at the same time lol.

Well after one last pull from like 60-80. I hear a rattling noise coming from underneath my car, so I quickly took the next turn down a neighborhood street. As soon as I put the clutch in to turn, the car died... and I could not restart it.

So without power steering I muscled it down a side street and parked on the side of a street near someones house. I tried to start the car but nothing, the motor wouldnt turn over. I first thought maybe my battery died somehow, but I had power to everything. So maybe my starter was bad? But if that had been the case I wouldnt of hear the start clicking at all to try and move the motor. So I came to the conclusion that something let go in the motor, and cause it to sieze and lock up... As you can imagine, I was pretty happy about this.

Meanwhile while all this is happening, very dark storm clouds are moving in... some crazy rain and storms are about to hit us. So we quickly took off the front bumper before it got bad, and ran to my buddys house to grab a truck and trailer. As soon as we get to his house, it start downpouring... and not just some normal rain... like tsunami, hurricane type rain it seemed like. So we set out to get back to the car and have to recruit my two brother, and two other guys to push my car up onto the trailer, then strap it down. Of course as soon as we get it up there and back to my house... it stops raining... great timing...

Well we unloaded it, pushed it into my garage, and there it sat till a few days later I could begin the process of finding out what happened. Pictures and descriptions of to follow.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
Zander

starting to tear down.

Found these in the oil pan after draining the oil... never promising to see big metal shavings like that...

Old 06-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
Zander

Getting ready to pull the motor

And pulling the motor... which is super annoying cause of the headers that came with this car, they were a Pain in the A$$!

AND BOOM! Motor is out!