Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #331
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Finally got some free time to finish up everything.

Decided to take the car out for a little bit on saturday afternoon and took a few pics

Took the car home and gave it a little cleaning...

Got up Sunday morning and decided to take it to a local car show.

A high end car club from Chicago came up for the show even.

i think all together their was 14 Lamborghini's 5 Ferrari's 2 Ford GT's a ton of Vipers and Corvettes, then all of your old car stuff as well.

car has about 40 miles on it this weekend hasn't skipped a beat yet!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #332
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Everything looks great. Not a fan of that front end on a stock body car though. Any plans to fit the rest or change the front to factory aero?

Either way, glad to see you made it out and finished up what you wanted/needed to.

All these builds finishing up makes me want to get mine on the road asap.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #333
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
We currently have the rest of the aero in the basement actually. Plans were to have that installed this winter and do some paint and body work on the car, But you know how that goes. So hopefully later this year we can get around to that. I'd love to do an OEM "Aero" bumper and skirts/valances. but the prices people want for an OEM Aero bumper is crazy.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #334
wattupbaii
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
wattupbaii is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you have videos of this car?
wattupbaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #335
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
looking good man
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #336
NismoboiZ33

NismoboiZ33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Badass build its nice to see something different
NismoboiZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #337
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattupbaii View Post
you have videos of this car?
Yeah, i have a few different videos on my youtube channel.
Flicktitty's channel - YouTube
Nothing too good to be honest. I'll get more this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_nice View Post
looking good man
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoboiZ33 View Post
Badass build its nice to see something different
Thanks! it's been a long time coming.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #338
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

got about 175 miles or so on the car. Took it out to the 3rd "TRUE STREET" show in Milwaukee this past saturday night.

Also left the show with this.

My buddy Ethan's S13 just got out of paint the day before the show.

Monday night we took the car out to a local bistro that has a car show/cruise night. We were the only import there. And much to my surprise we were welcomed with open arms. Had alot of people stopping and looking at it,taking pictures and asking questions. It was pretty cool going to a show where the majority of the cars are from the 70's and earlier and people actually cared to look at the car.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #339
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Had an issue with a misfire on the car.

Checked the plugs they seemed fine, went and removed the boots off the coil packs and found this...

They say a small hairline crack that's hard to see will cause a misfire, so i was sure this was the issue (all 6 were like this) I tried the heatshrink theory that people say can work and it didn't seem any better. So i went ahead and picked up some new coilpacks from Broc down in Indiana. 1 day later had these babies at my door.

While i was at it i figured i should just go ahead and replace the wires and connectors as those are known to become brittle over time. So i made a call down to Curt at Elmhurst Toyota and had him send me out the stuff....this is the box it came it, A bit overkill if you ask me.

And the "goods"

Went ahead and replaced the coilpacks, the connectors and the pigtail wiring. and started the car up car ran FLAWLESS! seemed to idle the best it ever has. let the car run for a few minutes everything was good. Decided to go for a spin around the block got about 1/2 mile away and the misfire came back. Was pissed off took the car home, popped the hood with it running started checking the wiring, and noticed when i pulled the harness it would misfire, and when i pushed it the car would run great, went to check the connections at the ignitor and poof! no more misfire!

Took the car out to a local cruise night at the Dairy Queen for a few minutes.

That cruise night was pretty dead, so i decided to try the next one down the road and there was a few hundred cars!

Again seemed to have a pretty good reception at this car show. Took the car home and gave it a bath as their was a pretty big import meet coming up.

While cleaning i remembered i had the window sticker

Ended up going to the meet with my buddy Ethan (Red S13 Hatch) and Andy (White Hatch) and Tyler (Fiat Abarth)

While we were at the meet my buddy Jay from Jaybaumphoto.com came and took some pics.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #340
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
keep it up! car looks good!
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #341
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinggg View Post
keep it up! car looks good!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan671 View Post
Maybe I missed it, but... Why the autotragic trans?
Wanted to try something different, And wanted to have a fun AUTO car, So many people say they aren't fast/not fun. We wanted to show it can be fun.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #342
tukn9s
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
tukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Lots of hard Parkin goin on,,, looks clean.
tukn9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #343
soundboy
Zilvia Junkie

soundboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn, You really love those shows. Car looks excellent , it really needs a kit tho. The last set of rims look clean
soundboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #344
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukn9s View Post
Lots of hard Parkin goin on,,, looks clean.
Sure is. I don't drift, Never planned on doing it, Believe it or not their are people who own 240sx's who don't do that. I'd rather not have to replace bumpers, fenders and rear quarter panels from drifting. We have about 250 miles on the car, Want to get some normal driving and cruising miles on the car before we take it the drag strip/auto-x/road racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundboy View Post
Damn, You really love those shows. Car looks excellent , it really needs a kit tho. The last set of rims look clean
Yeah, i've always been a car show guy, get to meet great people and look at other cars and have a good chance to talk. The rest of the kit is in the basement waiting to install it and paint the car at the same time. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #345
tukn9s
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
tukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Never once said a thing about drifting.
tukn9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #346
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukn9s View Post
Never once said a thing about drifting.
true that's just how 91% of this forum talks in relation to "Hard Parking"
Old 08-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #347
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Looks great. Finish that kit and paint and this thing would be perfect
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #348
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Love the cluster, did you make it your self?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #349
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Looks great. Finish that kit and paint and this thing would be perfect
Thank you! Those are the plans for this winter if everything goes right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konster View Post
Love the cluster, did you make it your self?
Thanks! yes i did, With alot of inspiration from Broadfields work i decided to try it myself and it turned out pretty good i think.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #350
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Kind of a nice feeling not having to work on the car much throughout the year. Just your typical checking of fluids and having some fun.

ran into a few issues, with the HKS Hypermax RS coils being set to full soft the rear tires rub at this ride height going over uneven roads, unsure if i want to raise the car up more, or if i want to try pulling the rear quarters out to see if that will stop it from rubbing. Or if i should look into a rear over setup. Also something with the serp belt drive makes a bad bearing going out, not 100% what that is as EVERYTHING is new, but we will see might try and tackle that next weekend. Other than that car has had pretty much zero issues! So far so good, hoping to get another month or two of use before having to put it away.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #351
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Hey Flick,

Am i seeing things or is your hood trimmed on the underside?

Loving this coupe... every time I come into this thread I get inspired!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #352
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Hey Flick,

Am i seeing things or is your hood trimmed on the underside?

Loving this coupe... every time I come into this thread I get inspired!
Yeah we had to cut out the supports, The hood shut but it rubbed a few spots on the engine (Engine hook on turbo side but thats removed now) and it slightly rubbed the spark plug cover, and with that painted i didn't want it to ruin the paint, I also massaged different spots of the bracing by the throttle body and the turbo just to make sure i was clear.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #353
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
that window sticker is a thing of beauty. i really wish I had a window sticker for my car
Old 09-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #354
soundboy
Zilvia Junkie

soundboy is an unknown quantity at this point
How's the transmission holding up? What is it from? A soarer

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
soundboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #355
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:

Pretty sure it's still the aristo automatic trans
Old 09-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #356
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:

So far it's been ok. it's the Aristo A340E, these trans like all autos are really fluid and temp dependant, so make sure the fluid is good and keep it cool and it should be ok, but i do have 2 spares just incase i need one and cant afford a built one at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda671 View Post
Are you doing a Single or stick with the Twin Turbos.
Been single for a long time.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #357
600SX

600SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Every time I see this car, it looks better and better. Keep up the good work Nick.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #358
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
So far it's been ok. it's the Aristo A340E, these trans like all autos are really fluid and temp dependant, so make sure the fluid is good and keep it cool and it should be ok, but i do have 2 spares just incase i need one and cant afford a built one at the time.
Stock TCU or?
Old 10-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #359
specv118
Leaky Injector

specv118 is an unknown quantity at this point
I still love this car.

I started reading from the beginning for the first time, and just wow. You both really have done a nice job with this whole project!
specv118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #360
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600SX View Post
Every time I see this car, it looks better and better. Keep up the good work Nick.
Thanks Jim, Liz doesn't get on the forum stuff, but she has done a metric shit ton of work on this thing as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Stock TCU or?
TCU as in the time control unit? Yes that is stock. ECU wise it has an AEM EMS V2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by specv118 View Post
I still love this car.

I started reading from the beginning for the first time, and just wow. You both really have done a nice job with this whole project!
Thanks Preston! It's been a long time coming, but nice to see it paying off!