Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #1891
Primo's Silvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
Primo's Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by danshaz View Post

kamikaze in its near future maybe?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #1892
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by danshaz View Post
why people paint their headlight surrounds anything but black is beyond me.
Guessing its kids sitting around with nothing better to do, find random can of spraypaint and think "Hmmmm...."
Old 09-02-2014, 10:00 PM   #1893
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=576381

It's like a nothing got done on this thing...

"Oh, aero kit, oh! silvia headlights, oh! wheels, oh! suspension, oh! shiny paint...

Wut? The rest? Fuck it #AINTCARE"
This car absolutely perfectly illustrates what is wrong with the 240sx community. All the responses defending this shitpile prove that. That car is NOTHING but flash, every single thing that was done on it was done half-assed as all hell.

Who cares though, it has mad swag yO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaddock View Post
It would take a decent enthusiast a weekend trip to the hardware store and order a few inexpesive parts to clean that up.
This statement is CLEARLY coming from a person who has never actually cleaned up one of those messes before. To put that car together right would take hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars. I KNOW this because I've cleaned up builds like this in the past and am actually working on one right now. When you half ass the whole car like that you've gotta take it completely apart and start from scratch. I guarantee you there is an absolute wiring nightmare to be dealt with. The engine is probably leaking from every possible place. Not only is it missing all sorts of random components, but also random fasteners everywhere. Dude hacked out the fenderwells to "tub" it and never went any further. I mean the list goes on and on. That car is doing it wrong in EVERY manner.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #1894
Bullitt_180sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Bullitt_180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^ you're never going to get through to those that are defending it, I tried for 2 pages lol....
Old 09-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #1895
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
This statement is CLEARLY coming from a person who has never actually cleaned up one of those messes before. To put that car together right would take hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars. I KNOW this because I've cleaned up builds like this in the past and am actually working on one right now. When you half ass the whole car like that you've gotta take it completely apart and start from scratch. I guarantee you there is an absolute wiring nightmare to be dealt with. The engine is probably leaking from every possible place. Not only is it missing all sorts of random components, but also random fasteners everywhere. Dude hacked out the fenderwells to "tub" it and never went any further. I mean the list goes on and on. That car is doing it wrong in EVERY manner.
You're right, I started my 240SX from a bone stock, one owner chassis and would never buy someone else's project. You're probably right about taking hundreds of hours too but we've been disputing over hypothetical work for over three pages haha.

Let it go.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:28 PM   #1896
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
^ that zenki s14 + paint, corner lights, and grill. Ball Out.

hardly doing it wrong...not nearly as bad as this:

I love to bone
That car sucks enormous dick but people seem to get mad when it's posted because "it's on the first page of the Zenki thread".

Old 09-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #1897
l adam l
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
l adam l is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What I'm getting from this thread - it's okay to half ass your car as long as it doesn't look like complete dog ass. Pop rivets, driving a 'project' around for months/years with unfinished body work, wavy trash fiberglass body kits...all doing it right. Smh

although these people bickering was entertaining the shit is getting old. Post picture - talk shit about it. If you have something positive to say you're in the wrong thread. This is the 'doing it wrong' to ridicule bad ideas...not encourage them.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:38 PM   #1898
harris180
Zilvia Member

harris180 is an unknown quantity at this point
It also seems like a lot of people are taking photos of half completed cars, or cars that are missing headlights for whatever reason, and instantly lumping them in with the ratchet crowd..

That s14 higher up the page is clearly halfway through mods, its guards are all chopped and pulled out, which is what literally every person does that goes crazy with their guards.. Should we just not be taking progress photo's of cars incase someone decides that its ratchet?
Old 09-03-2014, 12:16 AM   #1899
XMcEvilson
Zilvia Member

XMcEvilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
That car sucks enormous dick but people seem to get mad when it's posted because "it's on the first page of the Zenki thread".
weren't you like 2 years old when that pic was posted, who cares
Old 09-03-2014, 12:38 AM   #1900
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
If the mods want to edit out more than half my fucking post just delete the whole damn thing. All the content is gone. The whole point was to show how it's done.

Thanks for once again showing how great the moderation is on this forum. Ninja edits are always always always wrong. You could have sent me a message or simply removed the image tags but I'm sure deleting everything and leaving a stupid comment without identifying yourself was easier.

How to do it wrong : the moderation edition
Old 09-03-2014, 12:56 AM   #1901
l adam l
Zilvia Member

l adam l is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post

how about no, resize those pics.
how about fuck your ninja edit.

lol

msguuygbjklhjk
Old 09-03-2014, 02:19 AM   #1902
XMcEvilson
Zilvia Member

XMcEvilson is an unknown quantity at this point
lol each pic was 19 monitors wide though
Old 09-03-2014, 06:01 AM   #1903
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
If the mods want to edit out more than half my fucking post just delete the whole damn thing. All the content is gone. The whole point was to show how it's done.

Thanks for once again showing how great the moderation is on this forum. Ninja edits are always always always wrong. You could have sent me a message or simply removed the image tags but I'm sure deleting everything and leaving a stupid comment without identifying yourself was easier.

How to do it wrong : the moderation edition
OH quit bitching. I deleted the pics. I said resize them because they were too big and you know it, hence the post below it. It would not kill you to resize the pics instead of whining about it for two pages.

I make ninja edits in post all the time. Why? Its called moderation. Posting in a thread I did something has little point, the change is still made. Honestly know that you know it was me, what does it change? Nothing what so ever. You still need to resize the pics to post them.

Only thing is now instead of acting like an adult and just simply complying with a request, you make an ass of your self for two pages and blame the staff.

Congrats

Old 09-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #1904
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by living4surf View Post
gabby to be fair thats my old aero i sold the guy and he never finished the car. yes it looks like shit if he had finished it the car would of been pretty nice (i don't agree with putting aero on before its ready to go straight to bodywork/paint)
I have no problems with the aero, it would probably look great with some actual paint on it. The dude just listed it f/s on facebook. "buy an auto car, no one every trashes them". This is a complete daily driver to him, and "reliable". he also wants 5k for an auto KA that looks like dog shit. Had he just left the factory aero and w/e the fuck happened with the corner lights this car wouldn't be so jacked up. this is what happens to just about every 240 that doesn't because "ratchet" around town. I don't see it is a vast improvement over the flat black and duct taped shit boxes. Yes he bought some real parts and that is commendable, but not taking any effort to do it correctly is even worse than the zip stitching to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
^ that zenki s14 + paint, corner lights, and grill. Ball Out.

hardly doing it wrong...not nearly as bad as this:
This isn't "doing it right". Buying Legit parts and not bother to execute them them properly does not abstain you from being wrong. How do you defend a car that is daily driven without corner lights and is 11 different colors.... because it has spiffy wheels? Shit, if anything I think that is worse, least when the car is chucked full of ebay and Jank stuff, nothing rare is hurt in the process.

Maybe another wind shield sticker will make it doing it right instead.

believe me I have seen worse, and there are worse here, but this isn't doing it right....
Old 09-03-2014, 06:28 AM   #1905
aga
Zilvia Junkie

aga is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah what's up with all the missing cornerlights? is there a cornerlight thief running around?
Old 09-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #1906
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by harris180 View Post
It also seems like a lot of people are taking photos of half completed cars, or cars that are missing headlights for whatever reason, and instantly lumping them in with the ratchet crowd..

That s14 higher up the page is clearly halfway through mods, its guards are all chopped and pulled out, which is what literally every person does that goes crazy with their guards.. Should we just not be taking progress photo's of cars incase someone decides that its ratchet?
Ratchet isn't the only #doingitwrong.

Half assed work, poorly thought out fabrication, etc. I honestly have been impressed with this thread b/c nobody has made fun of a clean car that had knockoff wheels, just because it has knockoff wheels. Think about it. Every car that has been posted in this thread has been put here b/c of shoddy decisions by the owner that was reflected in the appearance of the car.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:04 AM   #1907
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
When you half ass the whole car like that you've gotta take it completely apart and start from scratch.
You're doing it wrong then.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #1908
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
Ratchet isn't the only #doingitwrong.

Half assed work, poorly thought out fabrication, etc. I honestly have been impressed with this thread b/c nobody has made fun of a clean car that had knockoff wheels, just because it has knockoff wheels. Think about it. Every car that has been posted in this thread has been put here b/c of shoddy decisions by the owner that was reflected in the appearance of the car.

Agreed.

It's the fact that these people half assed the cars and are proud of it that is the issue. Someone made the concsious decision to run a car with no corner ligts. Its the mentality that being shitty is a fad, so much so people take cars that are in great condition, beat them up purposely to be "drift spec".
Old 09-03-2014, 09:48 AM   #1909
theericsmith
Zilvia Member

theericsmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Agreed.

It's the fact that these people half assed the cars and are proud of it that is the issue. Someone made the concsious decision to run a car with no corner ligts. Its the mentality that being shitty is a fad, so much so people take cars that are in great condition, beat them up purposely to be "drift spec".
^^ this so much.
the no corner light people watch video option, see a car smash it's corner light and sees the team remove both before the next run/continuing to run no corners for the rest of the video clip

after that, it's the cool jdm thing to do.

also, i think a lot of people disagree on who's doing it wrong because there is no context behind some photos.
like myself for instance thought the navan that g35gabby posted was not that bad at all. needs a few things and would look pretty good, right?
until you find out it's auto, daily driven, not worked on, and for sale as a "complete daily", makes you look at it a bit different.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #1910
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIEMAN909 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qgk16h3uVI#t=165

This guy has really good driving skills however, without a doubt the cars are doing it wrong.
That is way more entertaining to me than this.

http://youtu.be/75M-gxDzOkA

Super clean cars, all paint matched in Japanese style. but the driving sucks so bad. What's the point?
Old 09-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #1911
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloray View Post

Super clean cars, all paint matched in Japanese style. but the driving sucks so bad. What's the point?
Yeah, you're also from Florida. So I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Also, I was at Final Bout the entire WEEKEND. Two days of driving.

The video you posted was OBVIOUSLY taken over multiple days at numerous locations.

A two minute and 50 second video is NOT a summation of the driving that happened at Final Bout.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #1912
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

Old 09-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #1913
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
A two minute and 50 second video is NOT a summation of the driving that happened at Final Bout.
Exactly, the driving that went down all weekend was awesome despite the poor weather on Saturday. Especially for those that stayed into the afternoon on Sunday got to witness some absolutely amazing driving. Crazy tandem trains and everyone pushing each other to drive faster and closer then the previous run.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #1914
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:

Was your first experience with Drifting this:

Or this:

'Murica ruined drifting. Beer V8s boobs and fireworks for everyone. Its a fucking spectacle. The wave of people who's first brush with drifting purely US style seem to be more inclined to "ain't care" IMO. Final Bout is the best thing I've seen in US drifting in years.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #1915
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Was your first experience with Drifting this:

Or this:

'Murica ruined drifting. Beer V8s boobs and fireworks for everyone. Its a fucking spectacle. The wave of people who's first brush with drifting purely US style seem to be more inclined to "ain't care" IMO. Final Bout is the best thing I've seen in US drifting in years.
Not at all. I knew nothing of drifting when i started. Just had a 944 turbo with an lsd. So it kinda worked out. I'm not a fan of the aint care attitude. I do believe in clean cars, but i hate seeing people with all this effort into their clean cars, and they can't even link a track. It's just pitiful.

I love having a nice looking car, and I do feel that this is important, but that feeling fades quickly. I enjoy driving my cars so much more. if a $700 paint job makes a car look good, or a $700 tune gains me power, and drivability, I will get way more use out of that, than a paint job. No sense in polishing a turd. Function, then form.

Despite this, I am not a fan of the "rachet spec" scene, zip ties, half assed builds for instant gratification. It just an excuse to be lazy.

Last edited by tayloray; 09-03-2014 at 01:57 PM..
Old 09-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #1916
240sxdriftin
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (25)
240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Final bout was on a mid second gear track. Anyone with a ka24 can "look cool".
Old 09-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #1917
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
truth. RSD just did a 2 day festival at Pocono International Raceway, team tandem comp as well. I didnt drive in the tandem comp, but I did drive the day after.

The east course featured 100mph entries on the back straight. depending on what gearing you have, the course is mostly 3rd gear. 4th gear for the entry on the back straight for me. I sucked all day, but it was def a skill builder.

But we still can't discredit the amount of hype and awareness that Club FR was able to generate for the event. Being able to effectively reach out to your intended target market is everything these days.

Last edited by bataangpinoy; 09-03-2014 at 02:35 PM..
Old 09-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #1918
unwtdhero
BANNED

unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
Bwaggs dropping bodies, or ego's....
Old 09-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #1919
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Hardest course I've driven yet. Fun though.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:41 PM   #1920
TwoForDeh
Zilvia Junkie

TwoForDeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
truth. RSD just did a 2 day festival at Pocono International Raceway, team tandem comp as well. I didnt drive in the tandem comp, but I did drive the day after.

The east course featured 100mph entries on the back straight. depending on what gearing you have, the course is mostly 3rd gear. 4th gear for the entry on the back straight for me. I sucked all day, but it was def a skill builder.

But we still can't discredit the amount of hype and awareness that Club FR was able to generate for the event. Being able to effectively reach out to your intended target market is everything these days.
Off subject and I apologize, but, how is Pocono? I want to take my RB car up there next event. I've heard the track is spectacular
Closed Thread