Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Anyone happen to know what axle stubs are interchangeable? I guess the lengths of the stubs are different between chassis. It would be nice to know what works with what.

Was reading this thread for reference> http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=570091

I'm basically trying to fit 5x1 10mm flanges (for j30 axles) into a USDM open diff LSD (Kaaz or Cusco RS) and want to know which ones I can use.

I'm sure there are others out there wondering the same thing since the open diff LSDs are a lot more common.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #2
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
Anyone happen to know what axle stubs are interchangeable?

From what I can tell the USDM 6 bolt stubs (3x2 open diff) and USDM 5 bolt stubs (VLSD 5x1) are not interchangeable.

Also looks like USDM and JDM s-chassis axle stubs are not interchangeable.

But it looks like the JDM 6 bolt stubs and JDM 5 bolt stubs are (from what I've seen on YAJ listings with cusco diffs). Can anyone confirm?

Also trying to avoid the 5 star 8mm stubs since they won't work with J30 axles... anyone know specifically what cars used these?
You're only adding confusion here..

Viscous LSDs use very specific output shafts and as far as I know, are not interchangeable with much other than a VLSD.

The 5 and 6 bolt flanges you are referring to as "JDM" are the 30-spline shafts that use 10mm hardware. Again, this has been discussed.

Re-read the thread.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote