Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The 2016 Miata ND Thread

This car really needs it's own thread. Still a long way before it goes on sale and lots of info still to be had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODkHFI1CPts

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9uiePIekUM
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:19 AM   #3
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
They seriously need to make a coupe. I wonder if it would sell though, being a coupe would bring it closer the frs/brz market, minus the back seats (which could be seen as a good or bad thing with consumers i suppose).
Old 09-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #4
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
They seriously need to make a coupe. I wonder if it would sell though, being a coupe would bring it closer the frs/brz market, minus the back seats (which could be seen as a good or bad thing with consumers i suppose).
Co-signed. Even if they did a very limited run like they did with the NB's.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #5
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I dunno, the past 25 years have shown me that the Miata does not need a coupe version to be successful and the s2000 showed that a coupe version isn't isn't the only way to have a balanced/stiff chassis.

I'd rather have a robust factory turbo option that exceeds the Mazdaspeed NB.

Last edited by simmode1; 09-07-2014 at 02:40 PM..
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #6
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The Official 2016 Miata ND Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I dunno, the past 25 years have shown me that the Miata does not need a coupe version to be successful and the s2000 showed that a coupe version isn't isn't the only way to have a balanced/stiff chassis.

I'd rather have a car without a smiling face.

Why can Porsche design this absolutely disgustingly beautiful car that is nearly flawless in design but Mazda gives us a reject from the next "Cars" movie.

I'm surprised Mazda couldn't integrate catfish whiskers or LED googelie eyes.

Last edited by Corbic; 09-07-2014 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: fix
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #7
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post

What is funny is certain people above putting a label on the Miata but not lumping the S2000 into that generalization.

Oh I should add Boxsters are fucking ugly and 911 cabriolets are ugly too.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #8
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
What is funny is certain people above putting a label on the Miata but not lumping the S2000 into that generalization.

Oh I should add Boxsters are fucking ugly.

Styling. Just like no one would call a GTi a girls car but people will make fun of you if you roll up in a Turbo New Beetle.

The S2K (which I hate) is at least aggressive. The Boxster is timeless.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #9
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Styling. Just like no one would call a GTi a girls car but people will make fun of you if you roll up in a Turbo New Beetle.

The S2K (which I hate) is at least aggressive. The Boxster is timeless.
Ya but the new Miata just owns in styling there is nothing girly about it. It's actually got an aggressive sexy way about it. Oh ya it's got a smile on its face.

Ya A lot do Ferraris do too and I see no one putting them down. Face it this is a personal issue on your part. No one seems to be agreeing with you about it being a problem.

Counseling perhaps? I kid but really get off the face thing man. It's a minor detail in a major improvement. One would say you can't see the forest for the trees.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #10
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i dont see too much of a face on the new miata, the older one yes..
i see an inlet for air not a face
although it looks a little droopy for my taste

still excited even though i dont have the funds for one
its nice to see new sport cars done right in this day and age of styling

genisis is as fat as a camaro... half the time i see a FRS i mistake it for a TC

so i cosign this as well... looks like a fun car haha
any info on the engine thatll be thrown iin there

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #11
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm so excited for this. I think it looks bayad ayass. I'm a little underwhelmed by that exhaust note though.

a photoshop from the other thread:

2016 can't come fast enough. I gotta replace this little guy:

gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #12
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviasandbeer View Post
so i cosign this as well... looks like a fun car haha
any info on the engine thatll be thrown iin there
its a 2.0 liter skyactive. no hp figures yet but i'm guessing 175ish. the 2.0l skyactive in the line up right now is 150hp so a sporty upped version would probably be 175ish. 200 would be cool but 175 would be fine. this thing only weighs 2200 pounds. 2200 pounds! less than my NB.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:06 PM   #13
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
200 would be cool but 175 would be fine. this thing only weighs 2200 pounds. 2200 pounds! less than my NB.
thats where the mod bug comes in

2200 is impresive for a modern day car
sweet looking NB btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #14
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
thats where the mod bug comes in
true.

Quote:
2200 is impresive for a modern day car
sweet looking NB btw
thanks. it's a fun car.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #15
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Gonna be honest here... I love Mazda's smiley face cars. Makes me smile whenever I see the previous gen Mazda 3. Brings back fun childhood memories of Wheelie & the Chopper bunch... lol
Old 09-07-2014, 10:41 PM   #16
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I just don't like how low down and skinny the headlights are, it's got a bit of a Hunchback of Notre Dame look, like the new Mustang.

Otherwise the rear end is on point, I'm very interested to see what it looks like with a hardtop on atleast. I'm not anti-vert, I've owned a S2000, but I always prefer a hardtop just for maintenance and security reasons.

Good on them though for making it so light weight, hopefully they keep it simple on the electronics.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #17
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
love the front, wheel well arch, smiley grill and all.

my complaint is the rear, its kind of flat/plain on the design. maybe it needs a trunk lip or wider wheels to hide that pinched look.

I still cant believe its only 2200lbs. in the year of bulking sport cars. go mazda!

fuck you nissan
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #18
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
I still cant believe its only 2200lbs. in the year of bulking sport cars. go mazda!
We've been here before with the Mustang. I'm not getting my hopes up until official numbers are released rather than a lot of speculation.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:06 PM   #19
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
2200lbs and 175hp sounds like a good time to me! i think i'd get one as a "daily" and then it would end up as a full track car in a couple of months haha
Old 09-09-2014, 10:59 AM   #20
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
2200lbs and 175hp sounds like a good time to me! i think i'd get one as a "daily" and then it would end up as a full track car in a couple of months haha
Old 09-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #21
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
NISR20MO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Overall pretty excited about this car. Going to be interesting to see how it ends up. Since the looks have been addressed I'll chime in and say the headlights seem a little small or maybe a little low and forward in my opinion. I feel like it would be nicer on the eyes with a little tweaking.

As far as weight, I read 2400lbs, and if it is under 2500lbs I'd still be impressed. If this comes in lighter than the FR-S like projected, well, then what I'm curious about is the dimensions. The FR-S is pretty small. One thing I have a hard time seeing is the premise of 2200lbs and 175hp. Automotive development has exploded, and yes you can get crazy power right off the showroom floor, with a warranty to boot. But I still would not expect an entry level car like a miata to have that impressive a power to weight ratio stock. Regardless, I know Dave Coleman is involved in development, and that is really really good.

Offtopic: Everyone on this site should know of Dave from project silvia/sport compact car mag, and I recommend any gearhead follow MotoIQ.com

Last edited by NISR20MO; 09-09-2014 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: Kant focking cpell
NISR20MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:14 PM   #22
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
That is fugly. I am sorry to say it.. It really is ugly. Old miata was happy and looked cute and now this. It looks like it want's to rape and eat you.
Juucso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:12 PM   #23
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^ No, you wanna know what fugly looks like? Go look at the FT-1 & the Nissan Vision GT Concept...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISR20MO View Post
Regardless, I know Dave Coleman is involved in development, and that is really really good.
Holy crap... That man is legend. Where'd you hear this?
Old 09-10-2014, 02:20 AM   #24
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Fucking noobs and 15 year olds coming out of the woodwork . Lol

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-10-2014, 02:29 AM   #25
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Fucking noobs and 15 year olds coming out of the woodwork . Lol
Umm.. Why so mad? I was just my opinion. Old miata looks better imo. FT-1 looks nice and nissan doesn't.

Ot: I hope FT-1 does have inline 6 twin turbo like 1JZ and 2JZ.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #26
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
Umm.. Why so mad? I was just my opinion. Old miata looks better imo. FT-1 looks nice and nissan doesn't.

Ot: I hope FT-1 does have inline 6 twin turbo like 1JZ and 2JZ.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #27
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Ahahaha
Juucso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #28
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection

OH, YES: This Is What a 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Coupe Would Look Like
Old 09-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #29
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
They got it right I think! Makes me wanna give it a go
Old 09-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #30
unwtdhero
BANNED

unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
Take this shit to a miata forum
unwtdhero is offline   Reply With Quote