Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-10-2004, 08:09 PM   #1
vegita319
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
vegita319 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vegita319
240sx gone...

So yeah guys, I'm not going to head out to the drift event on october 23 at infineon raceway. I was driving last night out in Montana de oro in san luis obispo, california and i rolled my car into a ditch. The car rolled about 4-5 times and is completely totaled. I was swerving around a deer and my tire blew out. The thing is, my tire was patch earlier in the day. They did it for free so i have no proof to say it was their fault. Well I'm ok and my friend is too. I've had that car in my family for so long. It was the most reliable car I ever had and now its comepletely rolled. I want to go out and shoot that deer. It was the cleanest 240 anyone has ever seen. It didn't have the infamous torn driver seat. THe leather was still original and it was still plumped. Engine compression was around 185 in all 4 cylinders. It was a 1991 SE super HIcas. It had original paint and everything. No sunroof whistling even at 80-90 mph. It was as perfect as perfect can be. It was like a completely new car. Now its compeltely gone. I will never be able to buy another 240 in that same condition. EVER!!! Every car i have seen has all kinds of tears and rips in people's carpet. O well. That's life I guess. It was a complete waste of one of the best 240s around. R.I.P my 240.
vegita319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2004, 08:24 PM   #2
TurK
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
TurK is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurK is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurK is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurK is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurK is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TurK
wow you need to stfu bout ur car and be thankful that you and your friend is ok....i bet you woudnt really care bout the car if somethin happnd to ur friend or you.....cars are replaceble,anyway good to hear ur safe man, im sure youll come around an other 240 that youll dig one day.
TurK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 08:24 PM   #3
s13silady
Nissanaholic!

s13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfection
im sorry to hear about your 240... thats how i felt about my old 240...mine looked like it was straight off the lot...BUT, im glad you and your friend made it out safe... deer suck... hope you can find another one close to the one you lost..
Old 10-10-2004, 08:43 PM   #4
vegita319
Zilvia Junkie

yeah, i know cars are replaceable. I'm glad though. One thing i learned... DON"T GET TIRES PATCH. They really add to wat happened last night. Well, if i can salvage some things and insurance lets me, i'll take some pictures and see if anyone wants some really good leahter seats. Or better yet, trade me your torn seats and i'll give them for a very good deal. I just dont' want the seats and interior to go to a wreck yard. Those parts need a new home where they can be happy.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:00 PM   #5
Phrantic5

Phrantic5 is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to hear about the 240....i live in monterey califonia...and are right by laguna seca..which i go to the skit pad a lot....unfortinatly i have the torn seats....and tell me what u got...and i might need some of it....hit me back up....
Phrantic5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 09:09 PM   #6
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
keep the diff and other good parts... find another ride.

get back on that horse.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 09:22 PM   #7
vegita319
Zilvia Junkie

As soon as i sort things out with my insurance, i will let everyone know. Thanks for the replies though guys
Old 10-10-2004, 09:28 PM   #8
XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
Zilvia Junkie

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is making a name for him/her selfXxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
sorry to hear about your car and im glad to hear that you and your friend are ok. but yeh i have four tires patches on my rear passenger tire. haha, and the other one on the drivers side keeps going flat. but i have no money to replace the damn tire. and it sucks in rain, i dont even skid it just makes a sliding noise. but thats how life is without money i guess
XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:35 PM   #9
vegita319
Zilvia Junkie

Yeah man, I feel you, but from now on, I'm going to see things as its worth it to pay the extra money to be safe. It was to close of a call.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:42 PM   #10
WhiteNissanS13
Zilvia Addict

WhiteNissanS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to WhiteNissanS13 Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteNissanS13
that sucks dude, sorry for your loss.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:58 PM   #11
rainier
Nissanaholic!

rainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to rainier
show some pics of the car now

rainier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:36 AM   #12
vegita319
Zilvia Junkie

i will when i go back to the wrecking tow yard. Gotta make sure i find my digicam though.... but i definitely will. Just curious, does anyone wants parts for it? its goign to cost me around 400 to buy back and just wanted to know if its even worth buying back. Its a 1991 Super Hicas Se, Immaculate condition so interior is as best as it can be. Heres the parts i know i can get money for: my brand new koyo KA radiator that i installed a day before the wreck, vlsd, hicas parts, 3 wheels maybe the 4th, leather seats (no tears) sunroof cover, manual???, and other parts that will help me cover cost of buying car back and towing it to a storage yard. O yeah, that night i got a wreck, i was testing out my new radiator and seeing if it would over heat climbing the mountain. It didn't overheat, in fact stayed in C for a long while, only to end up rolling my car 2 hours later. Pisses me off, I might be able to let the insurance pay for the radiator since I just bought it a few days ago and still have the receipt. BUt i might be nice and help out my fellow 240 lovers and and sell it to u guys. So yeah, let me know if its worth it to buy back. THanks.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:05 AM   #13
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
you can sell your 5 spd swap for 500-700. Vlsd for ~ 300. Koyo for ~ 250. Hubs and spindles for ~100. that's all i can think of at the moment and it doesnt seem to be worth it.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:11 AM   #14
drifterx
Premium Member

drifterx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to drifterx Send a message via AIM to drifterx
take the parts off the old one (seats and carpet) and put it in the new one you buy
Old 10-13-2004, 12:29 PM   #15
BadMoJo
Nissanaholic!

BadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to BadMoJo
Is the car still in San Luis? If so I may be interested in some parts. I live in SLO so it would be easy for me to checkout.

----Gone----
BadMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:49 PM   #16
The ROMAN
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
The ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegita319
I was swerving around a deer and my tire blew out.
Yeah, bullshit.
How many 240s get totaled cause a "deer jumped out" or cause "I didn't see how tight the turn was" or "My car lost trac on some ice".
None get totaled cause the driver was screwing around.
The ROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:41 PM   #17
old_s13
BANNED

old_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I want to go out and shoot that deer. It was the cleanest 240 anyone has ever seen.

awww... you care more about your car than you do about bambi, faig. cars are material objects, remember that we SHARE this world -- we dont own it.

seriously man, a deer jumps out.. you smash your car.. and you're all butt-hurt. Just be glad you and your friend are okay and that you didnt kill the deer.
old_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:54 PM   #18
240Stilo
Junkie

240Stilo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 240Stilo
It's just a natural reaction to swerve around things. I almost ran over a skunk but swerved around it to dodge it. I barely missed a pole trying to go around that thing. I bet everyone would have thought I was out trying to get sIdEwaYs if I did hit.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:11 PM   #19
vegita319
Zilvia Junkie

yeah, car is still in san Luis. I talked with some guy on the road and he told me to check out slocarz.net I didn't check it yet, but hopefully i'll find somethign on there and i can get back on the road. So yeah, private message me and i'll let you know wats up, i go to cal poly and live on campus.