Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #391
Sky80
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Sky80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
No more ET Streets?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #392
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
No sir, going to try and put the RE-11A's to work. Hopefullly they will hook decent.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #393
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
UPDATE:

I installed the ISC N1 PRO coilovers (believe i posted a pic on the previous page) Well they rubbed the front/wheels and tires. So i ordered a set of Ichiba 15mm spacers from Karl @Sonic Motor, They showed up threw them on the car and it still rubbed, So i had a pair of 5mm spacers and i threw those on as well and they clear the coilover. As pissed i was that i needed to run spacers to clear the front coilovers, i'm quite happy cause i really like the way the fit now. I also lowered the car all around. And removed the black stripe along the bottom of the car.

Went out and got a fresh tank of 93 in the car. drove the car a mile and decided to try a 2nd gear hit on the new tires, Tires spun pretty hard... I figured being new and cold to try it again, went to get in it and noticed a misfire. Spent the next couple weeks chasing down the misfire (ended up being bad injector o-rings and or bungs) Replaced those took the car out made another hit and the car hooks good now, Quite happy that the tires seem to work pretty well at the current power level. We will see how it goes once boost goes up in the future. Now that the car runs good i can finally get it to an alignment shop . After that it goes to get the cage and turboback exhaust redone.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:02 AM   #394
Sky80
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Sky80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Hey thanks for the follow up on the review of the tires, car looks great on the new stance. What spring rates did you go with?
Old 05-29-2014, 08:50 AM   #395
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
What hood strut kit are you using?
Old 05-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #396
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky80 View Post
Hey thanks for the follow up on the review of the tires, car looks great on the new stance. What spring rates did you go with?
Thanks! I believe they are 10F / 6R for the spring rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
What hood strut kit are you using?
Hmmm I THINK they are the Circuit sports ones, been so long since i bought them. NRG makes them too.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #397
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty;5462053[IMG
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o624/axisracingwi/cars/IMG_0862_zpsdc0be09f.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
Hey Flick,

For the brake booster vac did you use an M12x1.25 Banjo Bolt to M12-3/8" Barbed Banjo?
Old 07-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #398
rswails
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
rswails is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I used my same stock brake booster hose on my 2jz and it worked fine. No fittings needed to be changed.
rswails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:54 AM   #399
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswails View Post
I used my same stock brake booster hose on my 2jz and it worked fine. No fittings needed to be changed.
I dont have a banjo bolt on my manifold at the moment... GOt pics of what you did?
Old 07-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #400
rswails
Leaky Injector

Quote:
I dont have a banjo bolt on my manifold at the moment... GOt pics of what you did?
Mine wasn't banjo bolts. Mine had nipple on the 2jz intake, and nipple on the brake booster. I just used the stock vacuum hose to connect the two.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #401
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Hey Flick - is your AEM MAP Sensor screwed right into the intake manifold? Did you have to drill/tap the hole? Any ill effects from not being mounted vertically?
Old 08-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #402
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Hey Flick,

For the brake booster vac did you use an M12x1.25 Banjo Bolt to M12-3/8" Barbed Banjo?
I believe so, i can't quite remember i know it was kind of a pain in the dick to find one that worked, I eventually went to my local diesel/fuel/turbo rebuilder shop and talked to them and somehow the dude had one that he had made for his project of some sort.

Quote:
Hey Flick - is your AEM MAP Sensor screwed right into the intake manifold? Did you have to drill/tap the hole? Any ill effects from not being mounted vertically?
Yes, screwed right in, i don't believe it's the correct thread pitch but it's screwed in real tight, not real sure if i've had any issues with it mounted that way i haven't heard of anyone having a problem.

Sorry for the late response, haven't checked this thread in a while as this car has been pissing me off.

Last edited by Flicktitty; 08-06-2014 at 10:23 PM..
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:01 AM   #403
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

lol no worries - I bought some fittings on eBay and made it happen. I'll update my thread with the info soon. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2014, 06:02 AM   #404
rswails
Leaky Injector

Yalls didn't have nipple on back of the intake? No screw needed for me. Maybe that's a vvti difference?
Old 08-07-2014, 06:03 AM   #405
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswails View Post
Yalls didn't have nipple on back of the intake? No screw needed for me. Maybe that's a vvti difference?

I'm running the non-vvti 2jz and the only nipple on the rear of the manifold was too small for the brake booster line
Old 08-07-2014, 06:20 AM   #406
rswails
Leaky Injector

Is that not the stock nipple for the booster on yours? If not where is the stock one?
Old 08-07-2014, 11:10 AM   #407
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

there is a nipple on the backside of the intake manifold, i'm already using that for the FPR source.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:51 AM   #408
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Used some fittings to plumb the brake booster vacuum from the top of the manifold

Ill get a pic of it installed later
Old 09-29-2014, 11:35 PM   #409
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Well i guess i could do a little update, Though it isn't very exciting or impressive. And i don't have a ton of pictures of the news.

I spent most of the summer in the garage tracking down various issues the car somehow developed over the winter. I was having an issue with the alternator not chargine the battery. All signs pointed to a dead alternator, Which kind of pissed me off cause it's only about 4 years old and it's an Eagle Auto 160AMP modified alternator. I pulled the Fans,radiator out so i could get to the Alternator easier, once that was removed i decided to have to rebuilt, after it was rebuilt by a local shop for $40 i went and re-installed it, put everything back together, got the car up and running, and a little while later poof dead. Go back do some more tests, and think maybe its the battery (which was also less than a year old) Took that out had it tested, and it checked out fine, i went home and pulled the alternator off and had took it to the place that rebuilt it, checked out fine...awesome. So i knew it was somewhere in the wiring harness that went bad. Pulled out some FSM's and did some reading online, and then started to tare into the wiring, about 8" from the alternator i found two broken wires going to the alternator fixed the wiring and no more dead alternator/battery. But of course i would only figure that out after removing the fans/radiator TWICE! ugh...

After fixing that, and letting the car warm up i noticed when the flex a lite fans turned on the one made a lot of noise, after listening to it for a little bit and watching it on turn on and turn off i discovered something happened to where the fan was separating from the motor. Here is a post i made regarding that issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post

Felt the need to post this, As fans are always a hot topic on here.

This is my proof that you get what you pay for. Me and my fiance ordered these Flex-A-Lite 410 series fans about 2 years ago for her 2JZ 240sx build, the fans/radiator have been pulled and installed a few times, these fans are kick ass and never have an issue keeping this big motor cool.
This past weekend i noticed one of the fans was making a bit of noise, the more i looked into it, i saw that the one blade was loose and hitting the radiator and the shroud a little bit. Monday afternoon i called Flex-A-Lite to see if i can put the blade back on the motor or if i should just replace it. The guy on the phone told me to replace the motor and the blade, we talked a few minutes he got my information and then asked for my address and said we will ship you them out for you, i asked how much and he said not to worry about it. I thought how cool is that, Got off the phone with them and started to wonder if i'll actually get them. Today i got a big box from Flex-a-lite with 2 motors, and 2 blades. Talk about AWESOME customer service and standing behind your product! I looked an noticed on the box 2nd day Air (Flex-a-lite) is out of Seattle, Washington and i’m in Wisconsin and they shipped it so i could have it for the weekend, So instead of buying some fan setup or random part to save you some money, and when the part eventually fails having to buy another cheap part or then buying an expensive part, just buy something that the company stands behind.

CLIFFS: Buy quality part, Quality part broke after 2+ years, 1 simple phone call got all new replacement parts with a week at no charge, no hassle, no questions asked.

After replacing the fans i installed everything all the way back over and let the car warm up this time good and quiet!

I then Decided to take the car out for a quick spin around the block and the tune seemed to be all sorts of wacky, I'm putting the "blame" on a sensor or the shit ass wiring harness that is in the car for the issue. I also decided i wanted to do a battery cut off in the car, so i went ahead and picked up some 1-0 welding wire and made a new battery ground and hooked up the battery cut off switch i then fired up my AEM and made a few slight adjustments to get the car down to a local car show. Here are some pics from the Show.

In Wisconsin we have a thing called "Hobbyist plates" it's a one time fee of $200 and your car is forever registered, as long as it is a modified car, and you have another car registered, Also the car can't be driving in January, which is one of our coldest months anyway. So on goes hobbyist plates, but not before getting rid of the ugly GREEN of the plates, We just wrapped the plate in White Vinyl and Black Vinyl over the numbers. So long SLOW I6 Plates.

While getting ready to leave the show i noticed the brake lights were stuck on, AWESOME. upon further inspection i found some broken plastic pieces on the floor mat, sure enough the brake stopper broke off. So had to drive home with the brakes on.

After making a quick fix with a plastic push pin from the trunk plastics (Ordered new stoppers from Nissan, but the truck the parts were on broke, and wouldn't be here till Monday, and i needed the car for a big event on Sunday, Just goes to show how much this car is cursed that even the truck the parts were on broke!

Took the car to the Stance Wisconsin Modified Madness, had a great time with some good friends! But man you never notice how much of an "off white" the 89-90 White is compared to a WHITE car.

My fiance Liz (who owns the car) wanted to make some stickers for the car for the show, since she has a sticker shop she made these up real quick....

After the show we had some dinenr with the people we went to the show with, and discovered the car had a brake like out.... LOL told you CURSED!

After that the car home to sit in the garage, as the season is almost over, and we didn't do but maybe 100 miles in the car all year, and had nothing but little problems pop up. I'm sure we will do more work and a little more driving before the seasons done.

After that we took a spin to our buddies house who just blew up his 500whp STI. here is some carnage pics of his car.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:35 AM   #410
Drink&Drift
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Drink&Drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drink&Drift
how much boost are you running? and how soon do you get power? debating this same turbo on my 2J
Drink&Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #411
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drink&Drift View Post
how much boost are you running? and how soon do you get power? debating this same turbo on my 2J
Currently it is on wastegate spring so 14psi. Full boost is in the mid 3000rpm range. Pretty hard to tell, cause i have a 3500 stall torque converter so that is pretty much a perfect match, but safe bet is 3500ish. I have USDM Camshafts btw, which may effect it differently than stock JDM cams.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:31 PM   #412
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

With weather this past weekend in the mid 60's (For Wisconsin at the end of October it's Gorgeous!) We decided now would be a good time to pull the car apart.

The BIGGEST change that will be happening is a well deserved new wiring harness from the guy's over at Wiring Specialties! After talking to Matt and Yuri we kind of got a ballpark idea of what we are doing with the car, Do to the fact this is an automatic car we had to talk it over on how they would do the harness, So first things first, The old Tech2 Wiring has got to go!

BEFORE:

Figured that since the car was out to move it to the middle of the garage to take a quick picture, or two....

Time to bring it into the garage for tare down.
[/URL]

The other big thing to do is FINALLY getting around to a new turbo-back exhaust system, Here are some pics of the cobbled up mess of an exhaust we had built years ago.

After a few hours of messing with the car and removing the harness it was finally out!

Must say i am beyond happy to have this old harness out of the car, It's been a long time coming to get a new harness in the car, but it is finally going to happen!
Old 10-28-2014, 06:36 AM   #413
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

You will not be disappointed with a wiring specialties harness!
Old 10-29-2014, 02:11 AM   #414
wiring specialties
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
wiring specialties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Thanks for the mention Nick. Look forward to speaking with you again next week.

- Matt
wiring specialties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:41 AM   #415
AzS13hatch
Leaky Injector

AzS13hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
I just finished reading through this post and I am quite amazed. Great looking car and can't wait to see more progress. Makes me wish I could go work on my car (just finished my 1jz s13) but sadly I'm now out of country for the next year.
AzS13hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:34 AM   #416
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
spools420a is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

Where did she get the steering wheel?I have the same one only teal/white but have no clue where its from or what brand.Thanks.
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:38 PM   #417
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiring specialties View Post
Thanks for the mention Nick. Look forward to speaking with you again next week.

- Matt
Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzS13hatch View Post
I just finished reading through this post and I am quite amazed. Great looking car and can't wait to see more progress. Makes me wish I could go work on my car (just finished my 1jz s13) but sadly I'm now out of country for the next year.
Thank you, It's been alot of work, I tend to have a fire lit under my ass towards the end of the car season lol. So like clockwork i'm back to figuring out a to-do list for winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spools420a View Post
Where did she get the steering wheel?I have the same one only teal/white but have no clue where its from or what brand.Thanks.
I got it from Pink Godzila on here. He used to (maybe he still does) sell "JDM" colored wood wheels as he called them, From doing a bit of research i've come to find out they are infact called "Big End" Steering wheels. Though i've never been able to find a website or a place online other than Yahoo Japan Auctions. Some claim they are for boats, but i'm not sure.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #418
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
I tend to have a fire lit under my ass towards the end of the car season lol. So like clockwork i'm back to figuring out a to-do list for winter.
Ive noticed this from you haha, cant wait to see your car again next year. Ill have mine out and about next spring for sure, car looks awesome as usual guys, I posted it my coolest s-chassis thread. Keep it up Nick & Liz!
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #419
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
Ive noticed this from you haha, cant wait to see your car again next year. Ill have mine out and about next spring for sure, car looks awesome as usual guys, I posted it my coolest s-chassis thread. Keep it up Nick & Liz!
Thanks bud! Shoot me a PM with your number as we should get together again i can't imagine the one i have from 7 years ago is still the active one.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:48 AM   #420
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
spools420a is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
BEFOR

Figured that since the car was out to move it to the middle of the garage to take a quick picture, or two....
also where did you get the silvia headlight covers?those are too awesome and cleans up the wiring.
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote