Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Cool NC emissions military

Im just trying to see how everything works out near ft bragg.

Ive got a 96 s14 w/ a cammed LS1 that i know wont pass emissions. I researched that hoke county doesnt do a sniffer.
Would i still fail any visuals, even if all the safety components on the car work?

If i must then ill swap back to a stock cam before i come over. I really dont want to

Also can i keep my plates out of state? The dmv wesite says 90 days after the one on your car expires. Hoping we can get away with not changing

Thanks for any help
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2014, 01:07 AM   #2
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
military exemptions bro. you can definitely keep your car registered in your home state(assuming its non emissions) as well as your license; you do have to do the inspection locally and have them sign off on a form that you send back to your home DMV. the only thing you have to do is switch your insurance to where the car resides. I kept all my shit registered in NC when i was stationed at Polk for 3yrs; taxes are x2 as much in LA as they are in NC.

also, its REALLY easy to find a shop in the area that will help you out.
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:05 AM   #3
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can get reg your car in your home state, dependent where that is they might waive state inspections if required. Im a NC resident, and live in CA, my waiver always got approved event though they have a limit IIRC. But I moved to MD and they wanted me to drive down for the inspection. Luck was on my side, so I didn't have to, but my other car I didn't escape. So it's all up to your State laws. And why woundn't and LS pass?
Old 11-03-2014, 10:07 PM   #4
FairladyJae

Trader Rating: (0)
FairladyJae is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
In Hoke County where I live its a visual inspection only so, if you dont have a check engine light on, and have high flow cats or have some metal welded around the exhaust to look like cats it will pass. If you get here and are dead set on paying all of the stupid taxes ect that are involved with plates here and dont have cats hit me up i can help with that. Welcome to Fatalville hope to see you around.
FairladyJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:31 PM   #5
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the quick replies!

I emit high emissions at idle due to the cam overlap. You can smell all the exhaust easily
I also dont have any EGR components so thats why i was asking about the visual. No engine light though.

My goal was to keep my washington plates where i dont get any inspections

And on another note is hoke county good for family living? Im trying to stay away from the hood
Old 11-04-2014, 12:42 AM   #6
FairladyJae

Trader Rating: (0)
FairladyJae is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
Thanks for the quick replies!

I emit high emissions at idle due to the cam overlap. You can smell all the exhaust easily
I also dont have any EGR components so thats why i was asking about the visual. No engine light though.

My goal was to keep my washington plates where i dont get any inspections

And on another note is hoke county good for family living? Im trying to stay away from the hood
Spring lake is pretty hood most places in fayetteville are pretty hood. I live in a nice neighborhood near Rockfish ( Raeford address) Little to no crime, you get to know your neighbors and everyone looks out for each other. All of my neighbors are also military. Seems like the best areas are here in Rockfish area, Southern pines ( 35-45 minute drive) or Broadway area which is a very busy drive into base via 421. Hoke county is where its at.
FairladyJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:52 AM   #7
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

That looks like the place for me. Im used to a 30 min drive so thats no big deal

Thanks again for the replies
Old 11-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #8
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Fucking right southern pines. I lived in pinehurst for a few years, loved it.

It may be a a 35 min drive..but around Sanford is cheap living, but shit type schools. Harnett county has decent schools but cheap property taxes and good property values. Southern pines is your best bet.
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote