Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items

For Sale Items Post items for sale here. ABSOLUTELY NO COMMERCIAL SALES.

Old 01-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #1
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Arrow BNIB Garrett GT2871R 0.64 A/R

This is a BRAND NEW GT2871R CHRA straight from Garrett. Housings are used, but compressor o-rings were replaced upon disassembly. 0.64 A/R turbine housing. The compressor housing is a T04E 0.50 A/R (which is normally on a GT3071R), which flows more than the usual T04B housing you find on a GT2871R (better inlet geometry on the T04E hsg, which I made even better as stated below). WG Actuator is 14 psi.

The turbine housing is welded to a very well ported and polished stock S13 manifold. The turbine and compressor housing (inlet and outlet) have also been ported and polished. Over 12 hours of work went into the manifold and housings to achieve as close to optimal as the elliptical inlet (compressor)...

...and 2-3 degree divergent expanding nozzle on the turbine inlet. All tooling clearance "bumps" in the manifold and turbine housing casting were painstakingly smoothed down, and the entire surface finish of the manifold was polished. The turbine housing and manifold were also exactly port matched and aligned before welding. This is pretty much the ultimate stock manifold/T2 turbine housing combo from a flow perspective. The welded housing to manifold means you'll never have to worry about turbine inlet gaskets again (there are Grade 19 titanium nuts with stock locking plates on stock studs as a backup measure).

There's a 316 stainless steel Swagelok/Parkerlock fitting for adding an EGT probe in the collector (just insert 1/8" thermocouple with a Parkerlock swaging collar and tighten, done, leak free).

And again, the CHRA is 100% brand new, zero miles, never been on an engine, no oil or coolant flowing through it. Comes with Garrett accessory kit for T25 turbos.

I suggest replacing the header wrap, as it really keeps compressor temps down. It's kinda ragged now, but it'll come as it's shown.

Pics:

$975 shipped and paypal'd
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2015, 06:37 PM   #2
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
So did you ever test run the weld on the exhaust manifold to turbo ex/housing?

I'm sure it's not this set up, but I remember you said you where going to experiment this on the track... Results?
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:45 PM   #3
Def
Post Whore!

Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboyizmlg View Post
So did you ever test run the weld on the exhaust manifold to turbo ex/housing?

I'm sure it's not this set up, but I remember you said you where going to experiment this on the track... Results?
This turbine housing to manifold weld has over 20+ track days on it with no issues. It won't crack if it hasn't by now. It's welded all the way around.

The original GT2871R CHRA died after many track miles, so I got a replacement CHRA and reused the housings.

But it took me so long to mess with the snap ring on the compressor housing (bought the biggest pair of pliers I could find to do it) that I just put a T25 in for now. T25 with just a spot weld on each side is holding up fine.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:47 PM   #4
Def
Post Whore!

Oh, also forgot to mention I replaced the actuator e-clip with a 15-5 precipitation hardened stainless steel clip. It'll last forever, and no rusting.

Ultimate GT2871R bro
Old 01-06-2015, 08:17 PM   #5
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
.....someone's going EFR
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #6
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Want so bad but the timing.... ugh
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 02:35 PM   #7
Def
Post Whore!

BTW - all turbine bolts have 2600 deg F anti-sieze on them, so it's no problem to replace/fix/inspect/whatever the turbo/CHRA/wheels if you need to get to them. Actually less involved than if you had the turbine housing bolted to the manifold, as you just unbolt the CHRA from the turbine housing with 6 bolts and then put the other one back in.

It's basically the same as an integrated cast manifold/turbine housing like you get on new cars like a GTR/BMW M4 etc.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:41 PM   #8
Def
Post Whore!

Budget baller turbo and manifold!
Old 01-08-2015, 02:57 PM   #9
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Seems like the only thing you didn't do was extrude hone the manifold and do an external wastegate. Nice setup though.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:31 PM   #10
Def
Post Whore!

The porting and polishing I did is far superior to extrude honing. I removed a lot of material around the tooling bumps to smooth out the runners, instead of just taking material off everywhere.

I never had a problem with the IWG, but it wouldn't be hard to do to the manifold as it sits.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:17 PM   #11
Def
Post Whore!

Bump - 400 rwhp capable setup!
Old 01-13-2015, 07:28 PM   #12
Def
Post Whore!

Bump - solid setup!
Old 01-13-2015, 10:07 PM   #13
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
This turbine housing to manifold weld has over 20+ track days on it with no issues. It won't crack if it hasn't by now. It's welded all the way around.

The original GT2871R CHRA died after many track miles, so I got a replacement CHRA and reused the housings.

But it took me so long to mess with the snap ring on the compressor housing (bought the biggest pair of pliers I could find to do it) that I just put a T25 in for now. T25 with just a spot weld on each side is holding up fine.
Glad to hear it's holding up fine.

I'm considering doing this some time in the future... Seems like a good idea.

Free bump, glws
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:40 AM   #14
Def
Post Whore!

Bump - most baller GT2871R setup on Zilvia!