Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #3
the3SecondJerk
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
the3SecondJerk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Very clean car. No sunroof is a plus. It would for sure be worth $8500 if it was an original M/T car. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I would consider this car to be in the $6500-$7500 range.
Coming from the collector car world (especially one where colors matter) I definitely get that about the M/T thing to a degree. On one end it's a plus, because by nature of the beast it hasn't been abused. A great platform to start a project or for the casual enthusiast. As a collector vehicle there are obvious downsides of it being automatic transmission (which operates flawlessly might I add). I'm guessing in 5-10 years a clean completely stock (rare color: BN6 LS1 KR5) M/T will pull in at least $15k and A/T closer to $12k.

It is a strange transition time for the rarer versions (let's be honest: colors) as these are beginning to be collected more, but the tuner market is also very much alive which puts it in a weird space in between the two.