Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #91
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
S15 Helical and R34 GTS-T are 30 Spline

just thought id add that...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2016, 05:00 PM   #92
S-Verteen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
S-Verteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brndck, I have an s13 with a 350z diff approximately 1/4 wider on each side paired with 350z axles and gktech lower control arms extended about 1 inch.
S-Verteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:15 PM   #93
Drink&Drift
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Drink&Drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drink&Drift
anyone been running the 350Z axles for awhile, and/or used them for drifting? thinking about jumping into that setup.

or does anyone have any recommendations for upgraded/reman axles?
Drink&Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #94
240sxrb30
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
240sxrb30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Is anybody running a 350z rear end and axles in a s14.
240sxrb30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:25 PM   #95
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
NA Z32 / Early J30 Rear Axle INNER BOOTS appear to be discontinued and NLA

Does anyone have a source for these?

Inner Boot PN: 39741-03P27
Outer Boot PN: 39241-73L28

I am totally bummed about this.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:35 PM   #96
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
5-bolt J30 inner and outer boots still available.

http://www.nissaninfinitiparts.com/o...iti/c9bda73l28

http://www.nissaninfinitiparts.com/o...iti/3974103p27
Old 07-05-2016, 10:56 PM   #97
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Not when you try to place an order through any NISSAN dealership. Doubt that trademotion website is current.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:12 PM   #98
claaasssiiiccc21
Leaky Injector

claaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
NA Z32 / Early J30 Rear Axle INNER BOOTS appear to be discontinued and NLA

Does anyone have a source for these?

Inner Boot PN: 39741-03P27
Outer Boot PN: 39241-73L28

I am totally bummed about this.
I had to do the runaround for a while trying to find them then found some random ad on (iirc) rock auto for a beck and arnley part number, then went to Oreilly with that part number and had them within a week. Did it a year ago and don't remember the part number. z32NA inner
Old 07-06-2016, 09:05 AM   #99
S-Verteen
Leaky Injector

S-Verteen is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CV-Joint-Boo...9V3e8S&vxp=mtr Found this listing and a good beck and arnley pn
S-Verteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:05 AM   #100
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This thread should be cleaned and sticky'd. Good info
Old 07-06-2016, 10:20 AM   #101
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Only prob is that I wanted to keep with OEM since i know these boots will last decades. I have a hard time buying aftermarket. I am going to look into Japan market and see what I come up with
Old 07-11-2016, 10:25 PM   #102
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone has rear axle lengths for the R32/R33/R34 Skyline, for both GTR and non-GTR. This would be useful info to add to this thread.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:07 AM   #103
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Just curious....has anyone tried these out? Feedback on the setup?

http://villainsdrift.bigcartel.com/p...b-for-s13-diff
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:16 AM   #104
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post

/\/\/\/\ I have these, and imo they're the best option available to solve this problem. Villains has very good customer service as well, plus, they'll give you a discount if you can send them multiple sets of stub axles.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:37 PM   #105
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

@BRN...thanks for the info bud. What diff setup are you running if you dont mind me asking. I found 2 sets of Z32tt axles but the going rate for them has more than tripled since I last picked up my 3.54 diff setup.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:01 PM   #106
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
@BRN...thanks for the info bud. What diff setup are you running if you dont mind me asking. I found 2 sets of Z32tt axles but the going rate for them has more than tripled since I last picked up my 3.54 diff setup.
carbonetics 1.5way, s13 pumpkin w/s14 greddy rear cover (s14 subframe in an s13), villains stub shafts, z33 axles, z32 uprights.

if you're running z32tt axles, make sure you use z32tt hubs too. tt and na are different spline size.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:04 PM   #107
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Rear Axle Discussion

Quote:

I have them on my current setup, but my car is undriveable. They looks super stout and shouldn't pose any problems. Nate's customer service was above and beyond. +1 for the Villains

Nismo 2-way in S14 diff housing
3.69 final drive
SPL solid diff bushings
OE z33 axles
Gktech rear knuckles
Contano hubs
Old 08-11-2016, 04:13 PM   #108
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

@BRN...thank for the info. Yeah still tossing the idea around of running another 3.54 setup in the near future. Had the setup on my Zenki which was junked. This was 3-4 years ago when I picked up my setup with TT hubs but I see the price of the Z32 TT axle is getting pretty insane.

@Mister....awesome bud once again thanks for the help.

Pretty much just brain storming at this time. Would love to find another 3.54 setup if I decide to go FI with the next frankenstein build but if not just looking at other options that will provide similar strength. I never really did any drifting (on purpose) as most of my projects have been built for street and straight line action.

Last edited by 2muchboost; 08-11-2016 at 07:45 PM..
Old 08-11-2016, 06:25 PM   #109
ixfxi
Post Whore!

thats wicked. i hope those parts are aligned, balanced and properly welded though.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:25 PM   #110
EnergeticPhenom
Zilvia Member

EnergeticPhenom is making a name for him/her selfEnergeticPhenom is making a name for him/her self
Herb, those would be some sick options to 1.) get away from relying on the z32TT axle, and 2.) to run a non VLSD setup.

I think with all that I have put together, I maybe spent close to $1000 for everything (Z32TT hubs, Z32TT Dr. axle, Q45 Dr. Axle, Non ABS S13 Pumpkin, Q45 VLSD 'I think' with the 6 Star Stub axles, and 3.69 Final drive and pinion).
EnergeticPhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:59 PM   #111
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
thats wicked. i hope those parts are aligned, balanced and properly welded though.
This was a question I had running through my mind as well. I asked them and so far they haven't had any issues with their products. With my luck I'll probably be the first victim...
Old 08-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #112
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

x2 that was my thought....everything better be perfectly spec'ed out or the first hard launch and those will become nice paper weights. Still better than the adapters I have seen around...oy vey just the thought of using them under a hard launch.

Sup Wil! Thats the thing, when I bought my 3.54 setup a few years ago I think I spent well under $450 with everything including shipping. Hell I got my first Z32TT axle for under $100 shipped from Washington State to NY. BTW if you are using the Z32TT axles and Hubs then you have the 3.54. The 3.69 (later q45 vlsd) is 5 bolt and the 3.54 (earlier q45) is 6 bolt...the 5 bolt is not compatible with Z32TT Hubs.

Luckily I have some time to brainstorm but will keep up with this thread and those stubs for sure. I have been reviewing a few of the drag forums on FB to see what they are using. Since my cars have always been used in the street I could never see myself using a solid rear end enjoying it.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:58 PM   #113
ixfxi
Post Whore!

someone should check these for runout and that they are perpendicular and centered.

and welded with a mig, no less. crazy!
Old 08-11-2016, 09:04 PM   #114
Busta

Busta is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice for the villains stubs didnt know about these until now. I get the vibes about concerns on balance and proper welds though. What exactly you guys use for hubs z33 or s13/s14 ?
Busta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:01 AM   #115
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
someone should check these for runout and that they are perpendicular and centered.

and welded with a mig, no less. crazy!

If you guys know anyone in vegas that can perform these checks, I'll gladly take my stubs to their shop.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:28 PM   #116
ixfxi
Post Whore!

i imagine that any competent machine shop should be able to check that
Old 08-13-2016, 07:14 PM   #117
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
i imagine that any competent machine shop should be able to check that

Ah I'll look around, but if anyone has a contact that'll hook it up free of charge, let me know. The diff will be going into the car soon and I'm not concerned enough to pay someone to check it. Unfortunately I don't have any machine shop contacts of my own.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:51 PM   #118
ixfxi
Post Whore!

^ cheap fuck syndrome
Old 08-13-2016, 11:58 PM   #119
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Garret over at get nuts offer the same service and balanced

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFaPRPHE...rretnuts&hl=en
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:46 AM   #120
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Rear Axle Discussion

Quote:
^ cheap fuck syndrome

Eat shit. I don't care enough to go get it done. If it was a major concern of mine then I wouldn't have purchased them in the first place. You guys seemed to want some info and I was willing to help since I have the parts in my possession. Since you are such an angry cunt, though, you can fuck off.