Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:57 AM   #1
mikovu

Trader Rating: (0)
mikovu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s15 1999 Nissan Silvia S15 RB25 Build Vancouver, BC

I've always thought about creating a build thread on a car of my very own; with a new year I thought it would be a good idea to give it a try. To start things off I am 23 years old and currently an Automotive Service Technician Apprentice. First off, acquiring this car was a 2 year long goal as I decided to sell my 1991 Nissan 240sx with a S14a SR20det.

Which lead me immediately to a 1996 Subaru Legacy RS-B

After a year of ownership i then sold that and moved onto a 1999 Mitsubishi Evo VI

That didn't last very long and after 2 long years a gem finally popped up in the local craigslist and I immediately had to jump at the deal.
1999 Nissan Silvia S15 RB25

Vehicle had come with a large handful of goodies already, my original plan was to buy a spec R and swap out for a rb25 down the road. This vehicle despite being a spec S had already saved me a lot of the work, time and money. The only thing left being a spec S was an open diff. However not all gems come perfect, the vehicle did not have power steering, the radio did not work and the engine would burn oil under boost.

Continuing on with the build, not even 1 hour had passed during owner ship and i had already began throwing mods on the vehicle with parts i had acquired and held onto for 2 years. The Nardi 330mm Deep corn steering wheel was the first to go on, shortly after were cusco front and rear strut tower bars. I had immediately wrapped the vehicle with michelin pilot sport tires all around.

After a short month of searching for bride FG rails I finally mounted my Bride Zeta 3 bucket seat

The previous owner was nice enough to give me 4 fake greddy gauges and i figured i'd install it and worst comes to worst the readings would be inaccurate but at least it would give me a rough idea on my temps and pressures. My favourite part of the S15 are the AC vents and the potential to add gauges as their replacement. To start with i had to remove the radio and long and behold ran into some really messy wiring management.

The AC vent pods were then removed and dissassembled with a replacement of gauges which were 60mm and managed to be a very very tight fit. I ended up slightly heading the pod mounts in order to squeeze the gauges in the mounts as shown.

The piggy back harness then needed to be extended in order to link the 3 gauges together. All said and done i was rather pleased with how well they fit.

Sponsored Links