Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-10-2020, 07:22 AM   #1
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Guys I?m running Redline MT-85 fluid and I get some nasty shifts when the trans is cold but it shifts great once it finally warms up. You guys have the same experience? What?s everyone using?

Also with a the brand new trans do you guys change the fluid after a few miles or nah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-10-2020, 09:22 AM   #2
Boostin Caffeine

Trader Rating: (0)
Boostin Caffeine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What?s up dudes.. Newbie, but FAR long time lurker of the forums, just here to shed some info that may or may not have been covered before.

Starting off, the Factory CDXXX to End of service cover is 28?

With the collins A340, it?s the same 28?. Maybe useless to know, but that means the sandwich plate Adaptor adds about 1/2? to the total length.

I?m running factory flywheel M/T 3RZ bolts, this is because the Collins kit comes with some trash nonflanged grade 10.9 bolts. The 3RZ are 12 point, and high grade with factory thread locker cost: $20 from my local Yota dealer.
The collins Full Kit comes with some trash Ebay clutch setup, so I opted for a Southbends Clutch, and my Slave cylinder is a factory GM part, as far as my clutch lines and Bleeder valve, I went with the ISR T56 remote kit (comes with Wilwood MC setup). As far as the shifter goes, many probably know by now the collins shifter is trash, I made the mistake of buying it, and I?ll post a vid of how suicidal the shifts are.

Collins Shifter:
https://youtu.be/eolBShUOVfY

The Diff I?ll be using is an Early model Q45 6 bolt diff, with z33 axles. This diff is a similar ratio as the factory 350z rear diff, but complete bolt on for S13s.

I?ve bought both my CD009 Transmissions for $200, the trick is to look for 05? G/Z transmission, most of these are marked CD#1 on the casings. This doesn?t mean they are CD001 or CD008. Nissan recalled some transmissions for the syncros, and replaced the transmissions with Early CD009s. I?ve confirmed my ?Gold? transmission is in fact a true CD009 with ConceptZMotorsports. But it was for sale as a CD001, and I?ve seen others posted for sale the same way. Just a good thing to keep in mind while looking for them.

Sorry for longish post, but hopefully something is useful to someone.
Boostin Caffeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:48 PM   #3
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Guys I?m running Redline MT-85 fluid and I get some nasty shifts when the trans is cold but it shifts great once it finally warms up. You guys have the same experience? What?s everyone using?

Also with a the brand new trans do you guys change the fluid after a few miles or nah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Switch to amsoil. Helped my cd a lot back in the day in my Z.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:53 PM   #4
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Word ill have to give it a shot. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2020, 03:57 PM   #5
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Wild, I didn't like Amsoil in my G35. Was notchy in the winter when cold, Redline MT85 has been great for me.

I know some of the older trans pre-CD009 were notchy simply due to the unrevised syncro setup on those (double cone vs triple cone in CD009). A lot of people just call any Z33 trans a CD009 not realizing the early models kinda sucked.

Last edited by LoSt180; 05-13-2020 at 01:04 PM..
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 06:08 PM   #6
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Wild, I didn't like Amsoil in my G35. Was notchy in the winter when cold, Redline MT85 has been great for me.

I know some of the older trans pre-CD009 were notchy simply due to the unrevised syndro setup on those (double cone vs triple cone in CD009). A lot of people just call any Z33 trans a CD009 not realizing the early models kinda sucked.
We're in Florida not Maryland. Mike run the amsoil trust me on this.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:41 AM   #7
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
We're in Florida not Maryland. Mike run the amsoil trust me on this.
Link to which formulation or details to which Amsoil gear oil you used?
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:07 PM   #8
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Link to which formulation or details to which Amsoil gear oil you used?
Their Manual Transmission Lube 75W-90 is GL4 formulated.
https://www.amsoil.com/p/manual-tran...be-75w-90-mtg/
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote