Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-26-2020, 09:13 AM   #271
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody_sir View Post
Hi all,

Recently purchased an R200 (oem s14?) diff for my car and will be running 350Z axles with it. I already have the output shaft adapters however my question comes to the bushings. Can I just purchase regular SPL s14 bushings or would I need to buy the 350z conversion bushings (example gktech conversion bushings).

Thanks for the help in advance.
Conversion bushings. Unless you wana do fabrication.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2020, 09:38 AM   #272
cody_sir

Trader Rating: (0)
cody_sir is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdeath View Post
Conversion bushings. Unless you wana do fabrication.

Doing more research I don't think that is the case. Since I am running a stock s14 diff still and purchased the output shaft adapters for the z33 axles which will fit onto the s14 diff, regular diff bushings will work...at least this is what I am being told.

If I was to run an actual z33 diff then I would need the conversion bushings also...
cody_sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:23 PM   #273
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Oh I didnt read you had the stubs, yes just normal bushings.

foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:09 PM   #274
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post

S13 left - 23" compressed, 25" relaxed
S14 left - 23" compressed, 25" relaxed

S13 right - 25" compressed, 26-1/2" relaxed
S14 right - 25" compressed, 26-1/2" relaxed
So with this info, if I'm running an S14 subframe at a pretty close to stock ride height with the Maverick dual caliper plates (space the bearings off the uprights 8mm) I shouldn't need the spacers that get sandwiched between the axles and diff stubs? Because I am waiting on them to be back in stock but I'd also like to throw this rear end back together...
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:13 PM   #275
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
You could get away with no spacers. Thats if ur at stock height and new/refub axles..old ones the boots tear when stretched
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:31 PM   #276
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
You could get away with no spacers. Thats if ur at stock height and new/refub axles..old ones the boots tear when stretched
Cool, yeah the boots are in good shape and the subframe is setup so it's damn near stock ride height. The z33s are in the future but I just want to get this thing going without another fucking project within this project.

Thanks
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:13 AM   #277
relaxamigo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
relaxamigo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
so i've got the villains stubs, z33 axles, and 10mm gk tech axle spacers. i think 15mm spacers would actually be perfect, but the axel boot already slightly rubs the ruca (due to having pbm drop knuckles) and my guess is that extra 5mm would totally destroy them. anyone know of any rucas with more clearance than pbm?

if someone would just make some stub shafts that were 15mm longer that'd make things a whole lot more convenient...
Interesting - when I spoke to Villains Nate specifically noted that axle spacers would not be necessary with this application, did the drop knuckles change that? I noticed you first installed them in 2017 with a 4.3 and no issues, then put in spacers in 2019. How's the setup holding up so far?
relaxamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 03:30 PM   #278
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxamigo View Post
Interesting - when I spoke to Villains Nate specifically noted that axle spacers would not be necessary with this application, did the drop knuckles change that? I noticed you first installed them in 2017 with a 4.3 and no issues, then put in spacers in 2019. How's the setup holding up so far?
My car is pretty slammed and the drop knuckles push the knuckles further out, but don?t help the axle geometry at all, so not only are they at a shitty angle, they?re also over-extended. The 10mm was pretty much necessary for my setup. Since doing the 10mm spacers and changing out the axles I haven?t had any issue other than the axle nut at the hub coming loose regularly because I cans rock the cotter pin with the spacers.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:40 PM   #279
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Would it be better to just have Villains make you a new set of stubs that are 10-15mm longer by the axle flange? Then you wouldn't need that spacer at the hub spline.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:17 PM   #280
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Would it be better to just have Villains make you a new set of stubs that are 10-15mm longer by the axle flange? Then you wouldn't need that spacer at the hub spline.
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
if someone would just make some stub shafts that were 15mm longer that'd make things a whole lot more convenient...
That's what this was supposed to mean, but I didn't articulate very well haha
Old 05-11-2021, 07:13 AM   #281
relaxamigo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
relaxamigo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
This was essentially why I asked. I'm on the driftworks geomaster rear knuckles and I love the correction on the arms but I'm worried about compatibility issues when running the villains stubs because these knuckles do push the hub out just a bit, like deolio described. I'd like to avoid using the spacers but that may be the way to go unless they'd like to extend the stub a bit, but I'm not sure if that's possible granted they probably have a jig for this - let's see what they say
relaxamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:14 AM   #282
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Weir stub axles seem maybe a little bit longer? Hard to tell as one has the oil seal trim thing. Double the price though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8RGADtDlq8

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:44 PM   #283
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Just in case I missed it - a Z33 Dif is no stronger then the older S/R Diffs, correct? It's only the axles that are an improvement, correct?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 01:46 AM   #284
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Just in case I missed it - a Z33 Dif is no stronger then the older S/R Diffs, correct? It's only the axles that are an improvement, correct?
Can I bump this? Curious as well.

?Haha? for you
Old 05-19-2021, 05:48 AM   #285
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Z33/34 diff is an R230, so yes, it should be physically stronger. Unfortunately it's up in the air whether or not the output shafts are stronger, as there's not a lot of people making enough power to actually break them.

Z33 axles are definitely stronger and Z34 even more so as they're 30 (IIRC) spline at the hub side.

Technically the strongest Nissan diff you can put in your car is a Z32 TT diff (R230) which has 32 spline outputs, and then DSS will modify them with 300M shafts. Not really sure how you'd break that this side of a Formula D car...

Old 05-19-2021, 09:01 AM   #286
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Z33/34 diff is an R230, so yes, it should be physically stronger. Unfortunately it's up in the air whether or not the output shafts are stronger, as there's not a lot of people making enough power to actually break them.

Z33 axles are definitely stronger and Z34 even more so as they're 30 (IIRC) spline at the hub side.

Technically the strongest Nissan diff you can put in your car is a Z32 TT diff (R230) which has 32 spline outputs, and then DSS will modify them with 300M shafts. Not really sure how you'd break that this side of a Formula D car...

Got it, thank you for clearing that up. I am already at the R200 early Q45 3.54 gearing using the z32TT hubs, one z32TT axle and one q45 axle. I?ve been told to change to a z33 but wanted to see the gains. The ratio is fine for me with the LS/T56 but I?m open to ideas. Especially with Z32TT axles being scarce and pricey. I have one spare ready to go I got here recently but once that one goes I?ll be concerned haha.
Old 05-19-2021, 09:13 AM   #287
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Got it, thank you for clearing that up. I am already at the R200 early Q45 3.54 gearing using the z32TT hubs, one z32TT axle and one q45 axle. I?ve been told to change to a z33 but wanted to see the gains. The ratio is fine for me with the LS/T56 but I?m open to ideas. Especially with Z32TT axles being scarce and pricey. I have one spare ready to go I got here recently but once that one goes I?ll be concerned haha.
You should be able to directly swap to Z34 axles as far as I know.

Old 08-03-2021, 01:24 PM   #288
Corbic
Post Whore!

Mazworx has a Ford 8.8 swap kit.

https://www.mazworx.com/mazworx-240sx-8-8-irs-kit.aspx

At that point the aftermarket is unlimited in diff types and R&P ratios.
Old 08-03-2021, 05:09 PM   #289
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I sent my stubs to get done up at Villians so my S13 KAAZ in my S14 with Z33 axles concoction works.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:57 AM   #290
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Rockauto sells a brand new Z32 TT axle for like $90

its made by a company called "Trakmotive" which makes new axles for a ton of different cars. I Used one in my swap and its got 30k on it.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:09 AM   #291
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Rockauto sells a brand new Z32 TT axle for like $90

its made by a company called "Trakmotive" which makes new axles for a ton of different cars. I Used one in my swap and its got 30k on it.
That?s great actually, I always worry about reman stuff. Well what?s the benefit of that over the Z34 then? Is the oem Z34 still stronger?
Old 08-04-2021, 11:30 AM   #292
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
That?s great actually, I always worry about reman stuff. Well what?s the benefit of that over the Z34 then? Is the oem Z34 still stronger?
Z33 axle has the same outer hub splines as s13/s14.

Z34 axle has the same outer hub splines as z32TT, skyline GTR etc.

Typically if someone breaks a z33 axle setup it's at the outer hub spline which becomes the weak link. Or the stub axle breaks.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 12:51 PM   #293
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Yea I understood that. I’m already on the Q45 Frankenstein swap but I was saying the oem axles people want a fortune. I’ve been skeptical on the aftermarket axles that aren’t from let’s say DSS or a driveline shop. If the Z32 TT axles are just as strong as oem Z34 then of course purchasing new has a nice ring to it.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:14 PM   #294
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Z33 axle has the same outer hub splines as s13/s14.

Z34 axle has the same outer hub splines as z32TT, skyline GTR etc.

Typically if someone breaks a z33 axle setup it's at the outer hub spline which becomes the weak link. Or the stub axle breaks.
R32 GTST-4 same as a GTR?
Old 03-24-2022, 09:29 AM   #295
RedSled
Leaky Injector

RedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-known
Are the z34 and gtr axles the same length, can the z34 be a direct replacement for the gtr axles ?
RedSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 02:37 PM   #296
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post

The Z33/Z34 is classified as an R200, not an R230. The pinion gear is larger, but it is still a 200mm ring/crown gear.
Old 03-28-2022, 03:25 PM   #297
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
R32 GTST-4 same as a GTR?
It is the same.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:37 PM   #298
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Alright guys I need some help. I currently have a s13 Silvia k's that I swapped in an open 240sx r200 with the 3x2 stubs.

I am looking to upgrade to a Nismo Gt pro LSD. I know that bnr32 come with r200's and they use the 6 bolt output shaft.

Does anyone know if I was to order the gtr version of this diff, if it would fit into the 240sx r200 housing and allow me to use 350z axles? Basically I really want to run this LSD while also upgrading the axles.

Or

Is anyone successfully running the villains stubs with a nismo gt pro LSD? If so then ill just order the correct LSD for my housing and toss the stubs that come with the nismo diff and use the villains stubs instead.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:39 AM   #299
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Have you called villains and tried to ask? They may know, but they also may not. Out of curiosity, why not run a kaaz or tomei which we know can be used with villains stubs?
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 09:29 PM   #300
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Alright guys I need some help. I currently have a s13 Silvia k's that I swapped in an open 240sx r200 with the 3x2 stubs.

I am looking to upgrade to a Nismo Gt pro LSD. I know that bnr32 come with r200's and they use the 6 bolt output shaft.

Does anyone know if I was to order the gtr version of this diff, if it would fit into the 240sx r200 housing and allow me to use 350z axles? Basically I really want to run this LSD while also upgrading the axles.

Or

Is anyone successfully running the villains stubs with a nismo gt pro LSD? If so then ill just order the correct LSD for my housing and toss the stubs that come with the nismo diff and use the villains stubs instead.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
If im reading this correctly, you have an OPEN diff R200 in your car and you want to use a Nismo LSD. I know that open diff shafts/stubs and LSD output shafts/stubs are different.

LSD output shafts are different lengths. LH side output shaft/tub is shorter than the RH side shaft/stub. I have my LSD output shafts/stubs that I sent it to Villains to have the flanges added, pictured with their lengths.

In order to use the 350Z axles, you'd use your LSD differential output shafts/stubs and have them modified to 6-bolt to mate to the 350Z axles. If you currently have the OPEN/Non-LSD output shafts, you will need to get the passenger LSD output shaft so that the 350Z axle + shaft/stub length are the same.

I hope that makes sense.

*Also, I recall Nismo LSD's provide output shafts, but find out in advance if that is still the case.

2022-11-06 20_19_51-Photo - Google Photos by Jaime Vargas, on Flickr