Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-03-2021, 07:28 AM   #31
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i have my 240sx since 2009. currently working on a 1uz swap.

I live in the Netherlands, and my car is imported from the USA (not by me)

i also infected my younger brother, and he owns bought also bought one in 2018

ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2022, 05:50 PM   #32
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
bought my car in 2008. Still have it, still doing crap to it. still drive it.
Old 03-25-2022, 07:06 PM   #33
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Bought my 95 in 2004 and still going strong. Just twiddling my thumbs waiting for my NAVAN parts from the paint shop.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 01:35 PM   #34
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Got min in 2010. I have turned down so many offers to sell. She is living the jackstand life now but she is my end of the year goal this year. Just got to find someone reputable to rebuild a notchtop SR20.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 01:49 PM   #35
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Got min in 2010. I have turned down so many offers to sell. She is living the jackstand life now but she is my end of the year goal this year. Just got to find someone reputable to rebuild a notchtop SR20.
Only person I would've recommended moved to Texas

Andrew Molina from Animal Auto would be a close second. His work seems solid, Ryan Litteral and Hert just seem proficient at blowing engines.
Old 03-28-2022, 02:02 PM   #36
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Only person I would've recommended moved to Texas

Andrew Molina from Animal Auto would be a close second. His work seems solid, Ryan Litteral and Hert just seem proficient at blowing engines.
Look up jp_S14 on IG.

That dude does some pretty legit work at the machine shop he's at.

They're constantly slammed.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 02:11 PM   #37
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
It seems a lot of the S Chassis gurus are on the west coast. Here in Metro ATL I have found a potential but there is zero info about them.

https://www.nightowlperformance.com/
https://www.facebook.com/NightOwlPerformance/
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 03:13 PM   #38
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
It seems a lot of the S Chassis gurus are on the west coast. Here in Metro ATL I have found a potential but there is zero info about them.

https://www.nightowlperformance.com/
https://www.facebook.com/NightOwlPerformance/
Apologies, I have you mistaken for Falkon240 who just moved down to so cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Look up jp_S14 on IG.

That dude does some pretty legit work at the machine shop he's at.

They're constantly slammed.
yeah that's the catch 22 with any machine shop that does good work. Exactly why I have a spare motor.
Old 03-28-2022, 03:22 PM   #39
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Had my S13 for 12 years. Sold it for the Cobra. Now I have an R32.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 03:45 PM   #40
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I had mine since 2002 so thats about 20 years in a blink of an eye....

Last time on track was 2012... now on stands. I finally got my velocity elements manifold and finishing touches for start up. I guess 10 years, bought a house, got married, 2 kids will delay things

Old 03-28-2022, 04:16 PM   #41
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Look up jp_S14 on IG.
+1 for JP. Known him longer than he?s been building engines and I?ll vouch for his work for sure.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 09:35 AM   #42
OaxKouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
OaxKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I've had mine since 2007, was my daily driver up until about 4 years ago. Now it just lives on jack stands in the garage until I can find the time to fix it up.

OaxKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 10:02 AM   #43
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaxKouki View Post

I did a triple take on this car. I have a photo from the last CIP meet (240sxmotoring) with a white kouki with gold / polished gullflames. What an excellent combo.
Old 03-29-2022, 11:39 AM   #44
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Still have my car. Frozen build, waiting on me to buy a house before I spent significant $ on it again.

Bought in March of 2011, stockish for a year, crashed it, rebuilt it, swapped it, stripped it down for paint, and SKRRRRRT. Hasn't touched public pavement since 2012 or 2014. Everything works, just waiting to buy a house to trailer it there (not painting it at my current residence)

Clean daily S14 was purchased in 2014. Constantly get love letters left on the windshield for me to sell it.

Track S14 ready to be touched by my loving hands now that the weather is better.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 11:39 AM   #45
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
bought my car in 2008. Still have it, still doing crap to it. still drive it.
Your for sale thread was epic lol.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 12:13 PM   #46
tuzzio
Post Whore!

I bought mine in December of 2013. So, 8.5 years which isn't much compared to many of you. Put 8,000 miles on it last year. I'll start taking it out soon since the weather is finally shaping up in New England

Old 03-29-2022, 01:03 PM   #47
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaxKouki View Post
are those old GP Sports Gullflame Gravitys i spy?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 03:09 PM   #48
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I bought mine in December of 2013. So, 8.5 years which isn't much compared to many of you. Put 8,000 miles on it last year. I'll start taking it out soon since the weather is finally shaping up in New England

Thats hot..... 8k miles is real man..... what snail you got there, it looks pretty big from the pic
Old 03-30-2022, 12:44 AM   #49
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
I had mine since 2002 so thats about 20 years in a blink of an eye....

Last time on track was 2012... now on stands. I finally got my velocity elements manifold and finishing touches for start up. I guess 10 years, bought a house, got married, 2 kids will delay things

Wow! your story is scary similar to mine! i parked mine in 2012 too, bought a house, got married got 2 kids.
but i'm happy i never sold it.
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 04:05 AM   #50
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Thats hot..... 8k miles is real man..... what snail you got there, it looks pretty big from the pic
I did 11K miles the covid year. Gas was cheap, nothing better to do but drive around aimlessly. Its a Garrett GTX3076 Gen 1. I have a build thread I recently updated so we don't clog this.
Old 03-30-2022, 07:03 AM   #51
OaxKouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
OaxKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
are those old GP Sports Gullflame Gravitys i spy?
Sure are, still my favorite wheels. They are a bit faded now so I'll have to get them refinished soon, one of the many things on my list.
OaxKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:26 AM   #52
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I did 11K miles the covid year. Gas was cheap, nothing better to do but drive around aimlessly. Its a Garrett GTX3076 Gen 1. I have a build thread I recently updated so we don't clog this.
Dude that is awesome.... will check out the build thread. I am always too lazy to put in a build thread... Gas is cali is ridiculous now, hopefully will start trailering soon.... seeing if my Rivian will get here soon enough..... hahahah

I calculated I can make it on 1 charge to the track and charge up at the walmart to make it home....
Old 03-31-2022, 10:30 AM   #53
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingmar F View Post
Wow! your story is scary similar to mine! i parked mine in 2012 too, bought a house, got married got 2 kids.
but i'm happy i never sold it.
How it goes bro.... But 10 years too long. Just got my intake manifold. State of it now.... Praying the machine work and headwork looks good.... Bottom end was done by a reputable hotrod shop, top end was vac tested by an OK shop..... I put the mazworx headsteads and put it in.... So yeah crossing fingers all the wiring is done correctly by myself..... Basically only have time to work on it from 10pm to midnight after work and kids....

Old 03-31-2022, 11:46 PM   #54
Umi_R98

Umi_R98 is an unknown quantity at this point
bought mine new in 1998, still have it. still being maintained and driven 5 days a week.
Umi_R98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 12:10 AM   #55
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Also got mine in 2004, September I think. Still have it for some odd reason, probably will never get rid of it. Never drive it, i don't even drive anymore, thanks corona.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 02:28 PM   #56
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
got my 97 s14 in Jan 05 with 43k miles. Still have it but hasnt moved since 2016. Nothing wrong with it, just no time for her. Still sitting at 90k miles
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:36 AM   #57
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Haven't had the same one that long, but have been around a while. Bought my first 92 hatch back in 2000 just before graduating high school. Did a SR swap and S15 front conversion all based on Sport Compact car and Import Tuner magazines as well as early versions of these websites.

Had a kid, sold the car, ended up buying a 98 a few years later. Posted some pics of that progress in the OEM+ thread. It's still currently at a body shop getting a full exterior restoration and paint.

Now my kid is 17, and has her very own project S13 hatch that she got last year. I only thought it was time to move on to a more modern platform, but nope still going strong. Just a bit harder to find quality parts now.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 01:43 PM   #58
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Bought my 97 Kouki in 2007 and have had her since, crazy how time flies.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:15 PM   #59
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Got my coupe in June 2004 after having wrecked my 95 the previous summer.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:12 PM   #60
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umi_R98 View Post
bought mine new in 1998, still have it. still being maintained and driven 5 days a week.
Most underrated comment here. Are you the stock red kouki s14 I see driving around SD once in a while? I don't see too many s-chassis's around here..

I've had mine since '05 and I'll still put 4-500 miles a week occasionally. The car has been reliable, fast and still gets 25mpg!

spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote