Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-22-2005, 07:28 AM   #1
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
REVIEW: R-S2 vs FK-451

I was looking for tires and came to 5 tires, dunlop fm901, BFG g-force sport, hankook r-s2 z212, falken rt-615 and falken fk-451. I searched around and found that fm901 side walls suck and the g-force wasn't too popular among drivers from reviews. plus falken didnt make the sizes i wanted for 615s :C SO i have decided to go with 1 of these 2 choices.
I am lookin at 225/45/16 front 245/45/16 rear. heard good reviews between these 2 tires but wasnt sure which is more preferable and better quality. These will be for daily drive tires with a welded diff.

Hankook r-s2 z212

Specifications:
Treadwear: 200
Traction: A
Temperature: A
Speed Rating: ZR

Falken GR beta fk-451

Specifications:
Treadwear: 280
Traction: A
Temperature: A
Speed Rating: ZR

thanks in advance
Old 12-22-2005, 07:39 AM   #2
01SaturnL200
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
01SaturnL200 is making a name for him/her self01SaturnL200 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 01SaturnL200 Send a message via Yahoo to 01SaturnL200
i have the fk 451's on the front of my car....when it ran it had excellent grip in wet and dry! i love them and would recommend them to anybody.....btw i had 225/50/16's
01SaturnL200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 07:52 AM   #3
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
heh surprised to see u awake this early haha thanks for the response
Old 12-22-2005, 08:54 AM   #4
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

KOUKI KA-T is on a distinguished road
I run 235 r-s2's on 9's all around on mine. For the price they are the best tire out there right now IMO. Very comparable to the old azenis 215's that you can't really get anymore, just slightly better wet traction and a bit quieter due to the smaller treadblocks.
The rs-2's have stiffer sidewalls than the 451's, and they are slightly "oversized" like the old azenis were as well.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:37 AM   #5
RPS13_SR20DET
Leaky Injector

RPS13_SR20DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to RPS13_SR20DET
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUKI KA-T
The rs-2's have stiffer sidewalls than the 451's, and they are slightly "oversized" like the old azenis were as well.
Sorry to thread jack, but what do you mean by oversized?
RPS13_SR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:02 AM   #6
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I love my BFG g-force sport's and so do others running my old wheels. I got them on my new wheels too. Great in the wet.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:34 AM   #7
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
I had the FK451's on my s14 awhile back. They grip very well, I also had a welded differential on it.

It was quiet, didn't make too much noise. Treadwear is OK.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:07 AM   #8
KOUKI KA-T
Zilvia FREAK!

KOUKI KA-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS13_SR20DET
Sorry to thread jack, but what do you mean by oversized?
wide.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:57 AM   #9
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
flybert convinced me to go RS2 for the rear. and i will be because the FEDERAL tires i want i cant get.

st115s are still a good 15-20 bucks cheaper but ill try something new.

he said the grip good and smoke nice, pretty responsive and consistent and dont chunk! sounds good enough to me, ordering some 235/40/17 for the rears today
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 03:06 PM   #10
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
flybert convinced me to go RS2 for the rear. and i will be because the FEDERAL tires i want i cant get.
haha shush on the federali's thats on the low!

SS595's, im geting them soon so we'll see how they do, stupid cheap for 215/45

jdm mag rates them high

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:09 PM   #11
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
yeah most japanese guys who buy their own tires use federals. haha
my friends in jland do too
Old 12-22-2005, 06:20 PM   #12
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Im running the BFG g-force sports, I like them. For the price, theyre great daily driver tires. Alot better than Kumho for the price since you wont shred these in 4 months. Okay in the rain for summer tires, just watch out on the freeway.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:49 PM   #13
TurDz
Nissanaholic!

TurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TurDz
isn't traction (bascially, wet traction) for the Hankook R-S2 rated at "AA"? (according to edgeracing.com)

should be pretty good if you're in the bay since it's been raining a lot lately.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:50 PM   #14
NekoPunch
Leaky Injector

NekoPunch has a brilliant futureNekoPunch has a brilliant futureNekoPunch has a brilliant futureNekoPunch has a brilliant futureNekoPunch has a brilliant futureNekoPunch has a brilliant futureNekoPunch has a brilliant futureNekoPunch has a brilliant futureNekoPunch has a brilliant futureNekoPunch has a brilliant futureNekoPunch has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUKI KA-T
Interesting, at least according to the measured ratings they sound a bit undersized compared to some other comparable tires out there...

Section Width in. / Tread Width in. for 235/40-17:

Advan AD07: 9.6 / 9.1
Dunlop FM901: 9.3 / 8.5
Hankook HRII: 9.5 / 8.0
Falken ST115: 9.6 / 8.3

Hankook RS2: 9.3 / 8.5

I did a comparison since I want to try them out in front, but I also want to avoid rubbing problems. So a bit undersized with good grip would be a positive thing for me...
Old 12-22-2005, 08:53 PM   #15
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

ad07s are hella oversize along w/ RT215s
damn
235/40 rubbed on my 9" wheel my fenders and wheel wells!! argh so mad. i should have gotten the 215/40 or 45 series..next time!
so now i saved them till my 9.5" TE37s came in. hehehe..no worries then

neko:
go w/ the RT615s
i used them up front oer the weekend, VEYR NICE. i like them A LOT
215/40/17 over 9"
haha. small but no rubbage, raised front, gripped great, braked well, and well felt wonderful. i love sticky fronts
vulcantire.com is where i got them
i think thats the right website
Old 12-22-2005, 09:24 PM   #16
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
i have the falkens on my 240 and i love them!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:55 PM   #17
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
between those two rs-2's hands down. But the bfg's are nice and I really like the st115's and 615's if I had to choose between the rs-2's and 615's I would go with 615's.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:08 PM   #18
sncs14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
sncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
can't complain about the GR-B 451's. had them on the front for 4,000 miles now. just got the rears on (been broke lately), only had them on for about 100 miles before i got in a fender bender last week. so far i like the way they feel, they grip well wet and dry and are pretty quiet too. didn't really get to slide on them or get them very hot before the accident. i like them so far though.
sncs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:02 AM   #19
speedfiend
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (68)
speedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedfiend
I definately recommend the Falken FK-451's. I have them on the rear of my s14 right now and have loved them so far. I live in an area where ruts in the road are horrible so when it rains it is like driving on lakes and these tires still perform great. I plan on putting them on the front too but funds arent allowing that right now. For a daily driver I would definately go with the Falkens. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your decision.
speedfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:54 PM   #20
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

heh thanks for the help u guys imma go with the falkens
Old 12-24-2005, 06:28 PM   #21
IGSDann
Zilvia Junkie

IGSDann is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the FK451's, set of four all around. Great, very grippy tires. Stiff and stable, pretty good at Auto-X. I enjoyed them as a street tire more though. Great stuff, though I wanna try another brand next.

Pushing 14.7 PSI of all natural boost!!!
IGSDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 09:17 PM   #22
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
heard lots of good stuff about r-s2. probably going to run those next.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:18 PM   #23
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

heres an update about the r-s2 apparently i read a review that it can start scaling and rip off small chunks if u take them to the track. read them in some magazine but forget which one.