Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #271
jdmcoupe07
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
jdmcoupe07 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjdmcoupe07 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjdmcoupe07 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjdmcoupe07 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjdmcoupe07 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Really clean porps on that nice work
jdmcoupe07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2009, 12:41 AM   #272
92Shark

Trader Rating: (0)
92Shark is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well I got to clean up my cragasm now.
92Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:56 AM   #273
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro4 View Post
mind me asking where you buy your bride cloth? hope you dont mind sharing ur techniques but did you use 3m adhesive to hold the fabric on center console, door panels n glove box? im diggin your bride shift boot! you think you could sell some?

thnx bro
I buy the material from Driveline Motoring. They are actually a vendor on here. Just ask for Eric, he'll hook you up. They stock almost every Bride material made.

As far as glue, I use a couple different ones. I use one from my distributor that cannot be bought in stores. I also use a 3M Super Trim Adhesive. You may not be able to find that in stores either. I hate the standard 3M spray adhesive that you DO find in stores. Are you wanting me to sell you a shift boot, or just the material to make one?

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #274
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
I plan on opening my own shop one day.

I want you to work there.
LOL.... thanks man, but I already own a shop. Which means you would have to pay me A LOT of money to come work for you

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #275
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (71)
hpipro4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 71 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
I buy the material from Driveline Motoring. They are actually a vendor on here. Just ask for Eric, he'll hook you up. They stock almost every Bride material made.

As far as glue, I use a couple different ones. I use one from my distributor that cannot be bought in stores. I also use a 3M Super Trim Adhesive. You may not be able to find that in stores either. I hate the standard 3M spray adhesive that you DO find in stores. Are you wanting me to sell you a shift boot, or just the material to make one?
did you add anything else behind the bride fabric when you glued it on?like thin foam lining anyting like that?

how much would you sell a complete made bride shift boot? any fabric options? how much would just the materail be?

thanks
hpipro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #276
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
did you add anything else behind the bride fabric when you glued it on?like thin foam lining anyting like that?

how much would you sell a complete made bride shift boot? any fabric options? how much would just the materail be?

thanks
The Bride fabric comes standard with a 1/8" foam backing already on it! The only fabric I have is the two types I used in my car.... so the Hyper Black and the standard Black. You would be looking at about $25 shipped for enough material to do a boot or two. I probably wouldn't make a boot for someone. I am not an upholstery guy, I just do it for myself and close friends.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #277
gospdracer90
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
gospdracer90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Thanks man! Sorry, I sold the seats earlier this spring.

I can make you a gauge cluster if you like. I do custom work for a living.
really? how much would the same setup be?
gospdracer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:52 AM   #278
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospdracer90 View Post
really? how much would the same setup be?
Now when you say same setup, are you just wanting the cluster? Or the HUD or the center gauges etc?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-19-2009, 10:02 AM   #279
AznDrftr.
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
AznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AznDrftr. Send a message via MSN to AznDrftr. Send a message via Yahoo to AznDrftr.
sorry if this was covered, but where did you get your vent gauge pod for the 60mm correct?
AznDrftr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:08 AM   #280
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
does the digital climate control work?

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #281
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240trainee View Post
Details on the electroplating setup?

lol.

Shit looks reeeaaaaaaally good man. OEM silvia aero would set it off for sure. Would be incredible. More than it is. Lol.
X2....

I've been looking into trying this myself.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #282
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
The Bride fabric comes standard with a 1/8" foam backing already on it! The only fabric I have is the two types I used in my car.... so the Hyper Black and the standard Black. You would be looking at about $25 shipped for enough material to do a boot or two. I probably wouldn't make a boot for someone. I am not an upholstery guy, I just do it for myself and close friends.
how much fabric would i need if i were to do both door panels, arm rest, shift boot and glove box? whats price am i looking at here??alot?

i notice driveline website is down so id figured if you could sell me some bride fabric that would be nice!

got any comparison between the two types?

thnx
Old 09-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #283
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
talk about attention to detail, damn! very nice work, i see you really like that car. if you need something dipped let me know.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #284
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just wondering how you clean and prep your painted interior parts. I sprayed my dash pieces last year..all turned out great except the climate control bezel. In the upper corner, the paint had a spider web look like paint would on your bumper in a collision. The surface was perfect prior to painting, so I don't think it had any imperfections in the finish. I used rubbing alcohol to clean the surface before painting..I'm wondering if that had something to do with it. I've noticed on on other plastic parts since, if I used alcohol some times the paint will bubble up or not want to stick. Maybe I'm not waiting long enough before spraying..I wait until the surface looks dry???

Thanks for any input. Sick work btw with interior and exterior of your car
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #285
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Lol, Looks like you opened Pandora's Box here Broadfield.
Set-up is amazing. Can't say anything that hasn't already been said.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #286
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to kuruptR
Truly the cleanest car iv seen on zilvia.

a little off topic, but i looked in the engine bay shots thread. I could only find older shots, but could you post a pick of your engine bay.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #287
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruptR View Post
Truly the cleanest car iv seen on zilvia.

a little off topic, but i looked in the engine bay shots thread. I could only find older shots, but could you post a pick of your engine bay.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #288
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
how much fabric would i need if i were to do both door panels, arm rest, shift boot and glove box? whats price am i looking at here??alot?

i notice driveline website is down so id figured if you could sell me some bride fabric that would be nice!

got any comparison between the two types?

thnx

Oh, I don't have that much material left over. I just thought you wanted enough to do a shift boot. You will need to buy a whole sheet from Eric. Just call them, they are a vendor on here..... so you shouldn't have any problem finding their number.

What are you wanting a comparison on?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #289
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13pignose View Post
Just wondering how you clean and prep your painted interior parts. I sprayed my dash pieces last year..all turned out great except the climate control bezel. In the upper corner, the paint had a spider web look like paint would on your bumper in a collision. The surface was perfect prior to painting, so I don't think it had any imperfections in the finish. I used rubbing alcohol to clean the surface before painting..I'm wondering if that had something to do with it. I've noticed on on other plastic parts since, if I used alcohol some times the paint will bubble up or not want to stick. Maybe I'm not waiting long enough before spraying..I wait until the surface looks dry???

im assuming you are going for the stock look in interior.

first of all, if its abs plastic, alcohol isnt needed. im assuming you are using shitty single stage paint from walmart? in that case you can scuff it up with scotch brite, blow it off and spray. light coats, but not too light so you dont dry spray it.

if its polypropelene you arent going to get to paint to stick forever unless you prep it right, it will always rub off/peel/crack etc.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #290
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznDrftr. View Post
sorry if this was covered, but where did you get your vent gauge pod for the 60mm correct?
I made it, and they are 52mm.

I cut aluminum for the back plate then bought angled gauge rings from Summit. I texture coated everything with a SEM Texture Coat and then a finish color of SEM Landau Black. I then came up with an ingenious way to mount the whole thing into the vent hole.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #291
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
does the digital climate control work?
Of course! Fully operational.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #292
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13pignose View Post

I don't have any painted interior parts in my car except for the cluster and the center vent pod. However, for work I do tons of painting plastic, fiberglass, wood, metal etc. For plastic I clean it with a dish soap to get all the grease, and interior protectants off. If you don't do this first, then you are only going to grind that stuff into the plastic when you sand or scuff it. Then like 420sx said, scuff it or sand it depending on the item. I will usually finish with a wet 400 even if I am putting a texture on it. That way I can make sure there are no pin holes or slight imperfections. I then blow it off with a blow gun to get all the sanding dust off. Then it's time for light coats of paint. I prefer SEM Color Coat, Flexible Coating colored paints..... especially when painting plastics. They offer it in tons of OEM dash colors etc.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #293
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Oh, I don't have that much material left over. I just thought you wanted enough to do a shift boot. You will need to buy a whole sheet from Eric. Just call them, they are a vendor on here..... so you shouldn't have any problem finding their number.

What are you wanting a comparison on?
ah alright then...but how much fabric you have left? maybe i can buy it off you?

i wanted a camparison on the hyper black and black bride fabric but i think i see the difference now....

clean bay by the way...very inspiring!
Old 09-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #294
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
X2....

I've been looking into trying this myself.
The electroplating isn't horrible. It does take some practice and then takes a lot of time..... but it's nothing difficult. I started off with a Zinc plating kit found here:

Caswell Inc. - Copy Cad® and Zinc Plating Kit

I did the 1.5 gallon kit, as I was doing fairly small parts. I also bought the black and yellow chromate for my finished colors. You can obviously just leave it the natural zinc color if you like or add the brightner if you want it bright silver.

I used a Rubbermaid container for the process instead of the bucket. I also bought the better power supply since they gave me a good deal on it.

I also fabricated my own rotating barrel that does dozens of really small parts, like the gold rotor hat hardware in one of the pics on page 9. I made a self standing rig that angles the barrel(plastic bowl with lots of holes drilled in it) into the solution. The bowl is attached to a pole that is turned by a rotisserie grill motor. The motor is REALLY slow and has lots of torque... so perfect. So as the barrel turns, the parts constantly fall to the bottom. So I have the cathode output out of the power supply resting at the bottom of the barrel. Since the parts are constantly rotating and touching each other and the cathode at the same time, they get plated from the charge of the cathode.

There are lots of little pointers and details on electroplating, which I found out by trial and error. So if you get a kit and have some questions just give me a shout.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-19-2009, 04:37 PM   #295
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
ah alright then...but how much fabric you have left? maybe i can buy it off you?

i wanted a camparison on the hyper black and black bride fabric but i think i see the difference now....

clean bay by the way...very inspiring!
This is the best comparison I have. The standard black fabric is on the left. This is what the main part of the seat is covered in. The Hyper Black is on the right. This is what the cushions are generally covered in..... it's textured. This is the same material they use for the trademark gradation material. I only have enough material left to do shift boots.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #296
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
LOL.... thanks man, but I already own a shop. Which means you would have to pay me A LOT of money to come work for you
where can i send in my resume?
Old 09-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #297
frizzle
In time-out for misbehaving.

Trader Rating: (45)
frizzle is on the path to ruinfrizzle is on the path to ruinfrizzle is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 45 reviews
Where did you get the red belts? and is your motor built?
frizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:13 PM   #298
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
where can i send in my resume?
Do you have the skills to pay the bills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzle
Where did you get the red belts? and is your motor built?
They are Kevlar belts from Power Enterprise

The top-end is built, but not the bottom-end..... yet. I will probably just wait until it goes before I do. I have been daily driving it at 400whp for almost 3 years now..... so it may never give out

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 09-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #299
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hey Broadfield, quick question about the DCC. How much does/did it bother you that it was all in Celsius? Or can you make it read Fahrenheit? I want to get one, but that's my biggest reservation.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:23 PM   #300
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
Hey Broadfield, quick question about the DCC. How much does/did it bother you that it was all in Celsius? Or can you make it read Fahrenheit? I want to get one, but that's my biggest reservation.
Doesn't bother me at all. For the simple fact that 98% of the time I have it set on all the way hot in the winter or all the way cool in the summer. I simply adjust fan speed to get just the right feel in the cockpit. Otherwise I'll just adjust the temp a couple notches. It could read in shapes for all I care. Having a bachelors degree in physics and mathematics, I've had my fair share of chemistry and working with metric measurements anyway. All of the gauges in my car are in metric.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds