Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-27-2014, 10:49 AM   #271
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Like with all things, you can do it on the cheap, or you can get stupid with it.
I'm damn near $10k into mine, but I also bought new cp Pistons and manley rods, N1 cams, bnib p12 valve cover, and $2k in WPC treatment.
I regret not doing a wpc treatment on my engine parts ... yet again im in Canada and there is nothing close to me with that service

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #272
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
I regret not doing a wpc treatment on my engine parts ... yet again im in Canada and there is nothing close to me with that service
I'm fortunate that WPC is near me in Torrance. I go through a shop called MKS/Bluemoon for that service. Bluemoon has built many engines for formula D cars

I went way overboard, but just having them do bearings is very beneficial and quite cheap.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #273
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
I'm fortunate that WPC is near me in Torrance. I go through a shop called MKS/Bluemoon for that service. Bluemoon has built many engines for formula D cars

I went way overboard, but just having them do bearings is very beneficial and quite cheap.
What did it cost you for bearings and Pistons? I've been on the fence about doing it on my next motor. Did you do rings as well? I need to throw my 9.0:1 VE pistons I got from you up for sale. I've changed my mind and want to go 10:1.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #274
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Id say roughly 3-5k depending on the route you take and what's purchased new. For some that seems excessive when you can buy an RB that can handle more power, but I'd say it's far less than the 2J swaps.
Geez it's not that much. On the last tuercked he was a c's garage they had a SR22VET making 600hp on 21psi I was suprised by this starting looking into it. A well will keep going with my jz swap just have to pick up the 1jz-gte

Quote:
Like with all things, you can do it on the cheap, or you can get stupid with it.
I'm damn near $10k into mine, but I also bought new cp Pistons and manley rods, N1 cams, bnib p12 valve cover, and $2k in WPC treatment.
This goes without saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
The Canadian dollar isn't making things easy right now. I'm having to do bulk orders.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:26 AM   #275
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
I need to throw my 9.0:1 VE pistons I got from you up for sale. I've changed my mind and want to go 10:1.
IMHO this is a silly decision. 9:1 and 10:1 really aren't that different on a turbo engine, I seriously wouldn't worry about it. Keep the pistons, you'll make the same power. I make the same kind of decisions all the time and always end up kicking myself in the butt because all I did was waste time I could have been driving the car.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:39 AM   #276
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
IMHO this is a silly decision. 9:1 and 10:1 really aren't that different on a turbo engine, I seriously wouldn't worry about it. Keep the pistons, you'll make the same power. I make the same kind of decisions all the time and always end up kicking myself in the butt because all I did was waste time I could have been driving the car.
In all honesty, I somewhat disagree with this. The high compression ALWAYS yields a much better power curve and increases the area under the curve. Outright power is a side benefit, but the biggest benefit is definitely area under the curve and all around better drivability (especially out of boost and boost transition phases). Is it worth the trouble?? 50/50 on this as if he has the means and cost is minimal, why not!

What I find silly however is people still building 8.5:1 and 8:0:1 compression engines. Tuning technology and fuel technology allow us to really approach the knock limit and still be within a safe region. I mean, the damn Honda boys have been running 9.5:1 and above compression engines for YEARS and once the tuning solutions were figured out, I see so many people running 10:1 compression on E85!!

My 9.5:1 SR20 with a T3/T04E 0.64 back end and 50 trimmed wheel had similar throttle response to my 8.5:1 SR20DET with a GT28R on there in addition to area under the curve. The T3 9.5:1 had much better out of boost throttle response and drivability.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:55 AM   #277
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Have you seen back to back dynos of 9:1 vs. 10:1 compression on the same setup? I have, and I have driven the car with both setups on it. The difference is dang near negligible. Sure there is a bit more response with the 10:1, but a proper twin-scroll turbo setup makes 10x the difference vs. a point of compression. It's much easier and cheaper to turn the boost up 5 more psi than sell and buy another set of pistons. Like I said, just my two cents.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:59 AM   #278
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
I see your point!

It may not be worty the extra headache in the end
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 04:18 PM   #279
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
figured I'd give this thread a bump, since my car is finally ready to go to the dyno this week!

Old 03-06-2015, 04:24 PM   #280
Goldhawg

Trader Rating: (0)
Goldhawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotechmotoring View Post
If you are on a budget here are the options for intake manifold which is the biggest portion of the conversion other than the cylinder head itself.

#1 Cut/modify/rotate the factory intake manifold. This will allow you to run stock TB.
any links to anyone that has ever done this? If I go the VVL route I might be up to the fabrication challenge. thx!
Goldhawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:22 AM   #281
wiring specialties
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
wiring specialties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Let us know if you have any questions regarding wiring, we have plenty of SR20 harnesses for multiple different cars
wiring specialties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:19 AM   #282
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Old 03-30-2015, 07:53 AM   #283
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
keeping my eyes open for a P11 head for my sr e30 with one of these intake manifolds.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:46 AM   #284
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Here is mine.

Twin Scroll x GTX3582R

Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:49 AM   #285
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I can't figure out where to buy that tubing he's using for his coolant swirl pot setup anywhere. The stuff that came with my greddy swirl pot ended up not being long enough to put it where I wanted, so I had to use black tubing. But I don't like not being able to see the fluid inside it to see if there's air or if it's working correctly.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:02 AM   #286
DanielS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DanielS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I can't figure out where to buy that tubing he's using for his coolant swirl pot setup anywhere. The stuff that came with my greddy swirl pot ended up not being long enough to put it where I wanted, so I had to use black tubing. But I don't like not being able to see the fluid inside it to see if there's air or if it's working correctly.

try ridenow or any other motorcylce/jetski shop. my buddy carries line like this at his shop they use it for fuel and vacuum line

i just found this link hope this helps
http://www.partsreloaded.com/PWC/Air...g0gf7c03nfm025
DanielS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:08 PM   #287
lg54
Zilvia Member

lg54 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys, quick question.

What timing chain are you guys using, p11/p12? or sr20det? Do you need upper timing chain guide for p11/p12 head?

thanks
lg54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:17 AM   #288
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Here's a video of my Touge Factory built time attack sr22ve-t 350z starting up at the end of Tuner Galleria in Chicago after it won best in show for it's debut. The car was only partially tuned for the show (ran out of time) and it's actually going back next week to get finished up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgl9SFt7IqM

Photo of the engine.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:30 PM   #289
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 04-25-2015, 08:41 AM   #290
cbcm2435
Zilvia Junkie

cbcm2435 is an unknown quantity at this point
PRL Motorsports makes everything needed for the VE swap a decent prices, i have dealt with their products in the past and i can tell you that they are very high quality. http://prlmotorsports.com/sr20.aspx

**and for some reason a few pages back Autotech was posting pics of PRL's intake manifold, and saying it was theirs, so idk whats up with that
cbcm2435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:56 PM   #291
240SXK
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Hey guys im from connecticut and the other day i got my ve+t started for the first time ever, been building it since oct 2013, dyno soon because my rear main seal failed

240SXK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:52 PM   #292
d k

d k is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello

Is the neo head that worthwhile of a conversion?

I imagine its pretty expensive when all said and done.
Could you get that kind of power by spending the money elsewhere?

David
d k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #293
candyred_240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
candyred_240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My sr22vet:

Still lots of buttoning up to do though.

Last edited by candyred_240sx; 08-09-2015 at 07:01 PM..
candyred_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:56 PM   #294
candyred_240sx
Leaky Injector

Dyno Graph of current tune.

Old 07-26-2015, 12:44 PM   #295
d k

d k is an unknown quantity at this point
Any chance you have a graph showing rpm's?

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyred_240sx View Post
Dyno Graph of current tune.

d k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:39 PM   #296
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Have any of you guys been able to check if the vvl oil pump/front cover will work with the original det cylinder head? I've been wanting to do just a vvl pump, but my concern has always been that the top two bolts from the head to the cover are on the outside, whereas the det head/front cover they are inside the timing area. So idk if the vvl pump bolts would line up with the det head?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:53 AM   #297
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Here is a link to the online version of the article Super Street Magazine just did on my sr22ve-t race car, in this month's issue. Hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...pr=16350961839
Old 08-12-2015, 07:18 PM   #298
AUSs14200sx

AUSs14200sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally have mine on the road.
Advanced motor mechanics engine.
Carello rods, cp pistons, p11 head with p12 cover
Plazmaman inlet manifold, throttle body and fuel rail
6boost exhaust manifold
Haltech ps1000, id1000 injectors, walbro 460 pump
Oem brand new rb25 5 speed box, custom tailshaft
Os giken Twin plate clutch
Advanced motor mechanics adapter plate
Gtx3067 on pump 98

AUSs14200sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:10 PM   #299
candyred_240sx
Leaky Injector

Latest tune:
Old 08-20-2015, 10:18 PM   #300
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Which cams? Stock P11's?

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote