Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #271
AceUp
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
AceUp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Back From the Dead

Alright once again Iam proving to be terrible at this but Ill keep it going!!

This year started off slow on the car as Ive been trying to put money into Ace Up rather then this car stuff BUUUT a deal came up that I could not resist. Mr Leask was parting out his Silverbullet and first I inquired about his Driftworks spindles, but somehow ended up with his S14 Rear Subframe modified for the Z33 Diff, all his arms, and his fuel system as well.. So I said screw it since I already did terrible at the first proam event of the year I just decided I will make the car what I wanted to make it. Louder, Wider and Lower.
Had to sell all the old stuff to afford the new stuff and then it begin..

Since Stewie's Knuckles were drilled out for straight bolts instead of tapered Shanks I had no choice but to get the modified S14 control arms that feature the Maverick Racing Spherical Bearing.

Drilled out my prehistoric but awesome Tein HE Windingmasters for the S14 Front strut bolts

Then for the guys who run the rad Sikky front sway bar, you know that the worst part about them is the small bracket that bolts down to the control arm. The problem is its super hard to tighten as there is no space to put a wrench on the bolt. So I improvised and just welded the bolts

For the rear I couldnt take looking at the terrible quality poly bushings that the DW spindles come with, so I opted to installing Spherical all around. MAN does it make a huge difference and frees up any binding the rear suspension has under load!!

Since I run the Maverick Racing Dual caliper brackets, by suggestion from Stew I had the back two bolt holes counter sunk to make it easier for install on the DW spindles.

The last thing for the suspension, was the Diff. I was able to pick up a super cheap Z33 3.3 open diff. Since Iam not sure what iam going to end up doing with it i just ended up welding it for now. The gearing is definitely not something Iam pumped on but I did want a little bit longer final drive as 1 and 2 gear were complete waste of space with the 4.10. Iam sure eventually I will get the Tomei 3.9 setup for it.

Since the car is going to have a complete make over I stripped off all the stickers and fell in love with it all over again. This is how it sits now and ill update as we do the fuel system and body work and paint soon!! But Iam done with stickers

Old 05-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #272
Shanevasquez
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Shanevasquez is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice Build!
Shanevasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #273
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Looking awesome dude. Looking forward to seeing this thing rip (in pics and video). Haha
Old 06-02-2013, 04:48 AM   #274
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
I don't know man you sure you got it low enough now?

I worry if we ever again get to tandem you'll just slide right underneath me.
lookin damn good brother!
Old 10-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #275
Az240sxs13

Az240sxs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
are you still doing fab work? I am interested in a bash bar. thanks
Az240sxs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #276
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Last i knew aceup is doing more fab work than ever, give them a call their local to you after all
Old 10-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #277
Az240sxs13

Az240sxs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great I didn't know that! Thanks
Az240sxs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #278
bova17
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
bova17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
for the dash did you pull off all the old fake crap, or did you just fiberglass it because i need to do that so bad
bova17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #279
AceUp
Zilvia Member

Welp its been a while yet again. Ive come to conclusion Iam the worest Build thread creator in existence.. So the car has gone through some changes lately the end goal is to have it look like a complete street car but inside be a race car while maintaining a show car quality.. So here are some pics of the progress

After I lowered it with the DW spindles, i couldnt understand why i was leaving a smoke trail just driving down the street. took off the fenders and found this

once again

Then I had a genius idea to install this sweet ATL fuel cell that I got from Mr. Leask of his Silver Bullet
once again

So I cut things uncontrollably until there was nothing to cut. After that i decided to overthink the whole rear tube structure and came up with a Main structure that is held on by 10 bolts, a slide in bash bar with break away pins and smaller diameter corners that are tacked on the bashbar for easy replacement.

After that contraption was complete i knew I would need to make a firewall just in case my overthoughtout tubular rear end rips off and explodes behind me. And ofcourse nothing on this car is complete without dimples!!

Ive always hated this cage in the car as it was my first i ever did and used 1 3/4 .120 tubing so instead of cutting everything out (which I shouldve) I decided to spice it up with more dimples

After I dimpled the complete inside of the car, I figured I should just add some more dimples in the engine bay and get rid of the ugly tubs.. why not? However I also decided I didnt really care for the "7" mount I had so with the help of John from Future Fab a new much more efficient and smooth flowing Core was built to create a real "V" mount.. oh yeah I ditched the stock Intake manifold to the cooler looking highly customized Driftmotion Unit.

After most of the fab work was done, I sent it off to Elevens Paint and Fiber to get a new coat of white throught the interior.. (You can see the sweet prehistoric press in the background that i used for all those dimples)

Once I got the car back I hit up another local amazing company Maverick Motorsports to talk about their JZ to CD0009 adapter plate. After nerding out with George about how amazing it would be to not feel like iam shifting a pick up truck transmission, i decided to pick up their adapter plate and have them machine my housing to accept the custom Spec Twin Plate setup.

Before this Ive never really dealt with CD009's in person, so I didnt realize just how gigantic these are until i tried to stick it in the car.. Well long story short I didnt want the back of the tranny to drag all over the ground so I cut the top of the trans tunnel and the stock trans bracket mounting points (after the interior was painted mind you) stuck the tranny back in, stretched the sides out and made a removable aluminum Cover.

After the trans tunnel was complete it was time to assemble.. and add some Rice to the car..

If you are in the market for harnesses, Crow offers their new BlackBird Series harnesses that are Legit and are way more affordable then those crazy fancy name brand ones.

Made a new Engine harness using some Tefzel wiring

and the final pic of the engine bay. Now its time for the exterior stuff but thats all going to be handled by the dudes over at Eleven's as I have no idea what Iam doing with fiberglass... Ill try to post more pics as time permits. If you guys have any questions on anything dont hesitate to ask!

Old 08-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #280
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
DAYUM!! I cannot wait to see some videos of this car. I love the V Mount setup and rear end. Awesome!!
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #281
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
GameOver!!! shit is fire bro
Old 08-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #282
EvilEgg13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
EvilEgg13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
This car just gets better and better.

Do you have any more pictures/information showing that slick power steering reservoir setup?
EvilEgg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #283
AceUp
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEgg13 View Post
This car just gets better and better.

Do you have any more pictures/information showing that slick power steering reservoir setup?
The PS reservoir is off a NA 2j and just chromed. I wanted to keep as many important reservoirs between the frame rails just in case this chassis gets trashed one day I can swap everything to a different one without having to do to much Fab work.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:22 AM   #284
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
What did you use to light up the interior and the trunk? That lighting is nuts!
Old 08-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #285
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ohhh dayum!! This thing is amazing!!
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:49 PM   #286
AceUp
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
What did you use to light up the interior and the trunk? That lighting is nuts!
15dollar eBay bright white LED strips!!
Old 08-07-2014, 02:04 AM   #287
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hey Vitaly, you are running a z33 rear diff in your s13 rear subframe? Any pictures of that install and fabrication to mount that rear end in there? I'm wanting to do the same thing to match the z33 rear with my z33 trans on my sr20.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:00 AM   #288
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceUp View Post
15dollar eBay bright white LED strips!!

Got pics or a link of what they look like? Such a sick build
Old 08-07-2014, 06:43 AM   #289
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Been watching it come together on Instagram - super awesome man. Love the comeback!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:11 PM   #290
AceUp
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Hey Vitaly, you are running a z33 rear diff in your s13 rear subframe? Any pictures of that install and fabrication to mount that rear end in there? I'm wanting to do the same thing to match the z33 rear with my z33 trans on my sr20.
Iam using a S14 Subframe to run the diff as its half the work. Here is a link to a quick summry showing it on the 14 frames. For 13's You will also have to replace the back section and basically create a 14 subframe

Z33 Diff Into 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Got pics or a link of what they look like? Such a sick build
LED Strips

Only thing that sucks is you have to solder the wires on to the strips your self after you make the cuts. They come with 3m backing tape, but i had to use a little bit of crazy glue for it to stick!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #291
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceUp View Post
LED Strips

Only thing that sucks is you have to solder the wires on to the strips your self after you make the cuts. They come with 3m backing tape, but i had to use a little bit of crazy glue for it to stick!
Sweet thanks! Im going to order a roll and see what I can do. Loving the lighting inside your car man.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:48 AM   #292
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
Hands down probably the best build of builds that was ever built.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #293
EvilEgg13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
EvilEgg13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Do you have the low pressure fuel pump mounted upside down? Is there a specific reason for that?
Old 01-13-2015, 12:08 PM   #294
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
what turbo psi are you running?
Old 01-19-2015, 09:13 AM   #295
lg54
Zilvia Member

lg54 is an unknown quantity at this point
great build.
lg54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:21 PM   #296
sharpe_corners
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
sharpe_corners is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Any photos of the CD009 shifter mods?
sharpe_corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:16 AM   #297
josh_cooper
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
josh_cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i know I'm only 4 years late but................. dang id trade my mint 72 pinto for one of those joe dirte stickers
josh_cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:52 AM   #298
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Lookin good!

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #299
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Did you manage to get the z33 trans up higher than the chassis rails? That's the only thing holding me back from finishing my trans swap. With normal height the trans hangs a couple inches below the chassis which is a no-go with my ride height. I gotta figure out how to raise it up higher, which probably means removing the entire trans tunnel and ebrake lines.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:49 PM   #300
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Did you manage to get the z33 trans up higher than the chassis rails? That's the only thing holding me back from finishing my trans swap. With normal height the trans hangs a couple inches below the chassis which is a no-go with my ride height. I gotta figure out how to raise it up higher, which probably means removing the entire trans tunnel and ebrake lines.
yeah, with how big that trans is, you hit the tunnel before you get the trans to clear the frame rails.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote