Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 10:32 PM   #271
Sean1978
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Sean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sean1978
well, I'm as excited to hear some new news about this as a kid is on christmas eve.. I really want to see what kind of power that setup is going to make. Hate to sound like everyone else but good job!, Nice to see someone experimenting with something new for the KA24DE....

now bring the dyno sheet or tell us how the tuning is going!!
Old 06-12-2005, 06:06 PM   #272
docrice
Zilvia Junkie

docrice is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to docrice
Any news lately? just seeing how the tuning is going, still waiting for our sound clip/vid
Old 06-12-2005, 08:50 PM   #273
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

m0rex is on a distinguished road
Thats sooo cool i wouldnt try it though i think i'd be too much work and expensive for me. I really like n/a ka's and thats looking real good.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:56 AM   #274
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
well my friend with the good camera just got it stolen last night, so it will be a little while. Besides, it'll sound better when it's all tuned.

After having done enough tuning today that it runs fairly well under all loads under 4500RPM, I've decided I'm going to try out Alpha N' (TPS based fuel map, instead of map sensor). I now know why almost all n/a ITB engines with standalones use this type of setup. This is because under low load (but constant acceleration) you can achieve map values that are the same as WOT. This is a problem because there are vastly different amounts of air entering the engine under the two conditions, but the standalone is looking up one area on the fuel map. so you can tune it to either WOT or low load, and get the correct a/f ratio, but not both. So I'm gonna try out a TPS based fuel map and see if that works better for me. I'll keep you guys updated as progress is made.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:37 PM   #275
IGSDann
Zilvia Junkie

IGSDann is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, it's been a week... Any updates?

Pushing 14.7 PSI of all natural boost!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 07:03 PM   #276
kapower
Leaky Injector

kapower is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been running MS II as a fuel controller for a couple of weeks now, and it has a blended alpha n' and speed density control alga-rythm option. It's the best of both worlds. Thanks for the timing map, I cant wait to remove my MAF sensor.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:50 AM   #277
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
no big updates. Wideband still isn't here so I really can't tune it. Starting to piss me off. But patience is of the essence.

I'll post an update as soon as I get some more tuning done.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:57 PM   #278
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
NA is lame.
You know it.
I know it.

Stop kidding yourself. Slap a smog pump on there.

=D
Old 06-21-2005, 11:07 PM   #279
IGSDann
Zilvia Junkie

I would love to see another KA running ITB's except turbocharged. Add it to the wet dreams list...

Old 06-21-2005, 11:09 PM   #280
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGSDann
I would love to see another KA running ITB's except turbocharged. Add it to the wet dreams list...
Shh you're giving it away.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:51 AM   #281
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmKAyyy.... ok ill be the one doing the ITB turbo/supercharged.. in my dreams.... dont forget im running nitrous also....... j/k
Old 06-24-2005, 05:50 PM   #282
junkilo
Leaky Injector

junkilo is an unknown quantity at this point
This really deserves to stay on the front page.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:25 AM   #283
kenshinS14sks
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
bump...just cuz i wanna see the damn video already
Old 07-15-2005, 10:12 AM   #284
SHIFT_control
Leaky Injector

SHIFT_control is a well-known jackass
been awhile..... hows the tuning and everything going? we need an update
Old 07-15-2005, 10:45 AM   #285
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
Well its KA. And NA. I think Scooter dyno'd it... 96 rwhp. FUCKIGN SICK. Way up from the 79 rwhp a normal intake mani KA24DE makes.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 07-15-2005, 11:16 AM   #286
s134
Zilvia Addict

s134 is a well-known jackass
lol stock ka's make way mroe than that bud.... unless you are running a dynojet lol
Old 07-15-2005, 11:17 AM   #287
s134
Zilvia Addict

s134 is a well-known jackass
i want audio more than video! audio clips!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 03:04 PM   #288
Mervyn
Zilvia Member

Mervyn is a well-known jackass
looks nice to me
Old 07-15-2005, 06:18 PM   #289
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriftoSlut
I think Scooter dyno'd it... 96 rwhp. FUCKIGN SICK.
Yeah, it's a very impressive increase over the 79 considering the block is still stock. haha

Tuning is going well. I'm FINALLY taking it to get dyno'd next week, as well as the fine tuning done. I was going to do it 2 weeks ago but I had some ignition problems. However, I've got them all sorted out now.

I'll post up the results of the dyno session.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:18 PM   #290
Enemy
Zilvia Member

Enemy is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to Enemy Send a message via Yahoo to Enemy
I cant wait to see/hear the final results. I just read the last 10 pages of this just now and I'm uber impressed.

Good Job & Congratulations!
Old 07-15-2005, 08:04 PM   #291
IGSDann
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriftoSlut
Well its KA. And NA. I think Scooter dyno'd it... 96 rwhp. FUCKIGN SICK. Way up from the 79 rwhp a normal intake mani KA24DE makes.

YEAH anD TEH SR20DET makes ABoUT 4000HP STOCK TO THE WH33LS! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNN FUCK THOSE TRUKC ENGINS!!!!

Old 07-15-2005, 11:31 PM   #292
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
Hahaha Scooter has a sense of humor! Jeez people, lighten up. Haha. I have a 780ps stock S14 SR20DET.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 07-16-2005, 05:57 AM   #293
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
scooter how is gas mileage initially with ITBs. and once your strapped, wrapped, and tuned.....howz mileage

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
Old 07-17-2005, 02:21 AM   #294
i8yourfwd
Zilvia FREAK!

i8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to i8yourfwd
Wowwww, I saw/heard this car (I think it was this car, don't think there's any other DOHC KA's with ITBs) at the shocker bbq. Holy mother of god it sounds crazy. Do you ever get cop trouble though? How much did it cost to do everything to get it running?

Quote:
S13SilviaGirl: Mel are you that big?
Old 07-17-2005, 11:50 AM   #295
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

I'm not sure about gas mileage yet. I've been tuning it since I got it running, so almost all WOT all the time. I'm on my first tank where I'm taking it easy, so i'll let you know.

Yeah, that was my car at the shocker bbq. Haven't had cop troubles yet, but that's because I'm in Santa Cruz. Cops here don't give a fuck about that kind of shit. I wouldn't last a day in San Jose tho. hahaha

It cost ~$925 for all the parts. However, I'm selling a bunch of my stock parts, which is making a substantial amount of money back. It'll probably be around ~$700-750 once all of my stock parts are gone.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:55 AM   #296
sr240mike
Zilvia FREAK!

sr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her self
OMG did your car scream. I heard it for about a mile from Luke's. It sounds awesome!!!!!!

TWO IN THE COOT, ONE IN THE POOT
Old 07-17-2005, 12:27 PM   #297
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
We need vids!!! I want to hear this monster. I have always wanted to build an N/A KA. I'm very interested to see what kind of power this puts down as well. What other mods do you have?

JVD.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:16 PM   #298
Drunk Bastard
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Drunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drunk Bastard
Scott, when we ripped it up the street...your car was SOOOO damn loud. Almost sounded like you were running open header. Good job!!

See ya at Altamont on Thurs.

-Joe
Old 07-17-2005, 04:07 PM   #299
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
no shizit scooter ur gonna be at altamont i gotta check this out... hit me up with a PM
Old 07-17-2005, 05:39 PM   #300
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
mike and joe= nut huggers.

NVM...just joe.