Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Engine looks good bro.
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
ka24debt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
well good news is i got jic magic coilovers i guess as a temp for my car.. bad news is my whole spl arm kit could be washed away.. who knows? lets thank hurricane sandy. my neighborhood is obliterated. 80% of staten island has no power, and 100% of staten island has NO gas. im definitly going to be out of work thanks to this. just about every other block has a power line down or 4 giant trees that fell. thankfully my block is spotless.. the 240 and my parts are ok.

the sad part is alot of people are not ok here and there honestly isnt enough being told or shown about it. i live just about in the center of my borough and obviously being an island, if you are near water you are practically fucked. 2 of my best friends lost their homes, belongings.. everything. my girlfriends best friend had to be evactuated from the top of her roof because of the water.. thousands of peoples homes flooded.. 18 wheeler containers flying on peoples homes. private boats washing up a mile away from where they were originally parked.

after 7oclock.. staten island looks like a zombie apocolypse.. most of manhattan subways are ruined.. its a nightmare. and to think this was a category ONE storm and not a drop of rain fell is scary. its safe to say this build will be on hold for a little bit and i wanted to share some pictures of what not everybody is really seeing or hearing about.

my girlfriends friends house enterance.. theres a picture somewhere floating around(no pun intended) of a z32 in this exact complex that went thru somebodies home with water peeking out over the t tops

my girlfriends job is across the street. safe to say shes fucked.

pics of driving around at 5am to see some actual damage.. this is the highway with no power and not a soul on it.

oh hi boat..

boats and hoes..

random house blown away

a train station 4 stops away from the water. and theres only one directly mta line on staten island so theres obviously no train now either.

and the saddest to report is my good friend richies 1jz supra. probably one of the nicest mk3's around. if youve followed my build thread he sold me his bride bucket a while ago and i have some pics with his car.

he parked in this exact garage because where he lives he has no garage and is by the beach so he parked it in here think it would be safe and sound and is a bit farther from the beach then this is.

and he wasnt so lucky. the ocean water rushed in so far out into the mainland it had to claim this car. its floating in this garage i feel so bad. i probably wont ever sell this seat now or i might just give it back to him. i know it would mean alot to him.
ka24debt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
taran!
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
taran! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Glad you're okay man. I know what it feels like to go through a hurricane and all your shit is just destroyed or ruined. Hope you can get everything back on track soon. Hope everything goes well man.
taran! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
thats just a bloody shame.... horrible really. But glad you and your buddy are in good physical health. Cars can be rebuilt..
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Had no idea things were so bad up there. Here in FL we're so prepared for hurricanes that a Cat 1 doesn't even rustle our feathers. Like others said, glad you and your car are okay, and best wishes for friends and family.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
purplove
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
purplove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I sent in my resume last night for a job cleaning up after Sandy. I hope everythings okay out there man, its sad to see NY get destroyed again.
purplove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
j20accord00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
j20accord00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to j20accord00
feel your pain man..i lost my home and my families business in seaside heights.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #8
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

i can only imagine. things have been so rough. most of the power here has been restored and this gas crisis should be over by next week. i have some updates in a little bit
Old 11-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #9
food7373
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
food7373 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I hope everything is going okay for you man...
food7373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #10
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by food7373 View Post
I hope everything is going okay for you man...
everything is ok, things are returning back to normal and im at work again.. so its only fair to say the build can continue in whatever way possible.

got another full 5 lug setup with s14 flcas, spindles, knuckles etc.. and in the rear everything is off a r32 gtr. i finally will have a functioning e brake with the adapter bracket!

letting my friend chris weld everything up in my car which is good practice. hes never even touched a car but has built plenty of obstacles at the local skatepark, handrails and other things and so far everythings come out awesome. cant thank him enough. (he bought my previous sr)

before i grinded , smoothed everything out and painted it.

more strut tower work

cutting everything out. gonna relocate the fuse boxes and make a nice neat plate.

more goodies

rusty approves
Old 01-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
daily missile
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
daily missile is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka24debt View Post
rusty approves
you name your car after your cat.

but this is a really great build. and its the only build that ive actually read through all the pages instead of just skipping around to random pages. theres only certain hatches i like and this is def one of them
daily missile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #12
benz88
Leaky Injector

benz88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks great dude, I wonder how long the bike grip isolators will last though. I'd think the soft rubber would just crumble apart quick no?
benz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #13
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_Monster View Post
BIKE GRIPS!!! Awesome idea dude. Im doing that this weekend

Also car is coming along nicely.
thank you! your still the king of dope tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily missile View Post
you name your car after your cat.

but this is a really great build. and its the only build that ive actually read through all the pages instead of just skipping around to random pages. theres only certain hatches i like and this is def one of them
thanks so much it means alot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz88 View Post
Looks great dude, I wonder how long the bike grip isolators will last though. I'd think the soft rubber would just crumble apart quick no?
the flanges are def way thicker then what spl gave me and its not like the whole subframes gonna shake and frictions gonna ruin it. like anything else if it breaks u improvise or replace lol im sure itll be fine. btw i found the spl insolators in a box when i was cleaning out the garage -__- too late now i aint dropping that frame again!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #14
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I'm glad you and your loved ones are ok. You are lucky to have a friend with a welder!
Old 11-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #15
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
I'm glad you and your loved ones are ok. You are lucky to have a friend with a welder!
i know thankgod. if i didnt i probably woulda towed my car to long island to get my whole frot end fabbed up by the guy who did smellslikecurry's engine bay on the s14 but its never too late todo anything. im glad im actually being hands on with my car though
Old 11-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #16
lm7240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
lm7240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
yah sandy killed us i see you riding around every once a wile car looks good if you need any help lmk lol im building a ls 240 but sandy put me back alot
lm7240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #17
Supra_Lover

Supra_Lover is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude, i love YOU!!

NO HOMO
Supra_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #18
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm7240 View Post
yah sandy killed us i see you riding around every once a wile car looks good if you need any help lmk lol im building a ls 240 but sandy put me back alot
shit good luck and thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_Lover View Post
Dude, i love YOU!!

NO HOMO
lmfao thanks!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #19
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

matching bucket with the same bride rail? wooot!!

bit the bullet.. im gonna tub it. i wanna say im siked but i really dont wanna relocate fuse boxes or create potential electrical issues. like everything else ill take my time
Old 11-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #20
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka24debt View Post
bit the bullet.. im gonna tub it. i wanna say im siked but i really dont wanna relocate fuse boxes or create potential electrical issues. like everything else ill take my time
Not to take away from the people who have had electrical issues after relocating their fuse box and know what their doing but if done correctly, it should be like-stock, in terms of function. The box will just be in a location as it's name suggests.

I've never heard of a friend's car having electrical problems/bad connections after a fuse box relocation. Just make sure you do it right and you should be fine.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #21
M3Too

Trader Rating: (2)
M3Too is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
great build, but be careful with using a grinder and no safety glasses. It would suck to go blind by a careless mistake! Based on the picture, it looks like some shavings even hit you in the face.

great progress and build.
M3Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #22
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Not to take away from the people who have had electrical issues after relocating their fuse box and know what their doing but if done correctly, it should be like-stock, in terms of function. The box will just be in a location as it's name suggests.

I've never heard of a friend's car having electrical problems/bad connections after a fuse box relocation. Just make sure you do it right and you should be fine.
yeah i know but i wanted to keep everything in a oem position so save headache but ill def do everything correct. i just dont wanna have dumb issues like my tail lights being stuck on or my singals not working because i wrapped the wires too tight.. or how my car turned off 3 hours into a road trip because my fuel pump hardwire got pinched from the rear hatch paneling. just dumb things keeping me from enjoying the car peeve me so much. i honestly hate working on the car. i just like driving it lol. i guess thats why im so anal about things being neat and clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Too View Post
great build, but be careful with using a grinder and no safety glasses. It would suck to go blind by a careless mistake! Based on the picture, it looks like some shavings even hit you in the face.

great progress and build.
thanks and yeah my friends a moron. i got him gloves and glasses the other day. safety last!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #23
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

been a hectic holiday season, making sure everyone was satisfied with gifts and what not lol. i havent been updating this because ive been busy saving and it definately wasnt easy but perfection has no time line as they say.. but for me it does, im sick of being 240less and i wanna get this thing to the track in time for the first event.

just missing z32 inners that ill be getting this week hopefully

then these guys came in..

the tub came in too but i guess when im ready to start welding we'll get some pics of that. the excessive frame rail should be in this week too.

goodbye suzzy rust

it was a high of 38 degrees today.. perfect day to spend 12 hours outside and reassemble a subframe from scratch.. pull the shitty roller one out and reinstall the new one. -__-

all knuckles, rlcas are pressed with energy suspension bushings too

officially frost bitten at this point..... didnt care to eyeball align the car or anything "aint nobody got time fo dat"

sore and unmotivated to do anything after a 10 hour shift i just took a daylight pic..

the weather should be warm this week.. still waiting for my tension braces to be done but in the mean time chrischeezer boxed in my s14 flcas.. someone should go buy his skyline already

http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/494859...nismo-etc.html

Old 01-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #24
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Looking good man
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #25
Driftpretty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Driftpretty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii your pretty
Driftpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #26
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

so i realized one of the shims was missing from the frame so in order to even slip it in i had to drop the whole subframe.. also forgot my rucas are installed backwards so i needed to drop this thing down again.

i also wound up losing the rubber insulators that come with the subframes so i had to improvise and i must say im pleased with the results.

come downnnn

shims in and bike grip flange perfecto

then the following day finally got to tackle the front end. i got z32 inners, got my tension rod braces boxed in also so they dont bend inwards from hitting the ground so much like before.

a few hours later i have this

cleaned it off for the first time since june

next issue is.. everything is tight.. i adjusted the tension rods pretty far up. the toe is basically straight for the most part up front but at full lock my steering angle is VERY shallow. any insight? maybe the z32 inners are playing a role? ill post a pic tomorrow
Old 01-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #27
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Did you put the spacers on the Z32's? If not, you're at stock steering angle... Also, if you're pulling a lot of caster, you're going to lose some angle.

Nice thinking with the bike grip, haha.

Looks really good man!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #28
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Did you put the spacers on the Z32's? If not, you're at stock steering angle... Also, if you're pulling a lot of caster, you're going to lose some angle.

Nice thinking with the bike grip, haha.

Looks really good man!
it was my girlfriends brothers idea so i cant take credit lol

but nay to the spacer.. i have stock z32 inners so i have no angle spacer but im def gonna install em
Old 01-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #29
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
Just read all 10 pages, inspiring man!

I'm in the exact same spot, 20 years old, in university, with a 22 year old nissan requiring WAY more money than I can give it. making $200 a week isn't cutting it. Too bad RBs arent as cheap and plentiful as SRs are...lol. Good luck dude, keep the ball rolling.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #30
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
BIKE GRIPS!!! Awesome idea dude. Im doing that this weekend

Also car is coming along nicely.
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote