Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 01-27-2021, 08:41 PM   #271
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
You know how you decrease birthrates in a positive way? You're going to love this.

Better pay, free education, access to healthcare, and equal rights. All the places with shrinking birthrates treat women, children, and minorities with respect and decency.

P.S.
Africa and South have had more than enough intervention from white people. They need their sovereignty respected first and foremost.
I think Corbic is saying decreasing birthrates are a symptom of over-indulgence.

...but also, Japan lol.

The point is (and kind of ties into why having a discussion here is good) is that Kids These Days (TM) would rather indulge in self and self-image. This disconnect makes it easier to divide us all and even easier still for people to dehumanize others...especially when it comes to politics. What you see as a racist, redneck, diehard Trump supporter might just be a single-issue voter that wants his/her guns.

You can appear to be anyone through the lens of social media, so why would you have a family and a 9-5 when you can put 'entrepreneur' in your IG bio and take 10 selfies (in different outfits) on one trip to the Bahamas to leak out to your 'fans' over time? The same goes for virtue signaling. Why actually be a good person or work towards progress when you can simply add a French flag overlay on Facebook during the aftermath of their (next) terrorist attack?

Non-sequitur rant, sorry.

Also, good job. We have managed to mildly annoy each other but not fall off the rails for a whole page. Look at us go, Zilvia making the world a better place.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:13 AM   #272
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Particulates are an issue. A simple search on your favorite search engine will teach you the error of your ways quickly- this isn't something you can just feel. Remember the term "facts don't care about your feelings?" This is one of those instances.

I thought you were advocating for nuclear power, not against. I am in favor of. If you don't think solar, wind, or nuclear can provide for our power needs, then you're thinking like a nihilist with similar outcome guaranteed.
these are all things that make you feel better about how you come to your own conclusions. your in your early 30s and think that all of lifes problems can be figured out with metrics and searches. you remind me of the many car nerds i encounter who think its all numbers, when in reality there is another half of how cars are tuned that requires age, experience and intuition.

i hear all the time from nerds how their solar panels on their roof have reduced their energ... blah blah... costs... blah blah.. its all words and they dont mean shit. driving all over socal you see these bullshit wind farms, its just a cluster fuck of stupidity. and nuclear just takes it one step further, because you've got these science nerds who think they can control something that clearly cannot be controlled. no answer to the casks with no proper home in san onofre. no answer to the contaminated land from the partial meltdown at the ssfl here at santa susana. no answer for fukushima. no answer for chernobyl. and thank god no answer for three mile island. oh yeah, and no answer for the guy who got pinned to the roof in that other failed reactor that i cant remember the name of.

but i enjoy listening to your comments because you use a lot of fancy words when responding.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:23 AM   #273
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
If only like a virus happened that would help cull the herd...

Imagine what would happen to property prices in LA if like 10% of everyone just *poof*.

But noooooo.....

What these idiots don't realize is this shit fixes itself faster, organically, without government intervention.
now if only we had a politician who stood up and said "hi guys, i know you dont like this virus / pandemic thing, but let me be the first to remind you that death is a part of life." instead, we have a walking corpse telling us that we're sitting across the table with an empty chair where grandpa used to sit. give me a break.

we should start a poll, who/what will last longer.... this thread (before its locked) vs biden's lifespan. i put my money on this thread.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:06 AM   #274
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You know there a modern nuclear power plants running on waste product exactly like what we've been trying to figure out what to do with? All your complaints about nuclear and renewables are right out of the 80s. Maybe stop yelling at the clouds about the tragedy of youth and put some up-to-date information in your brain.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:25 PM   #275
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Reddit traders buying GameStop shares have already done more damage than a full year of Occupy Wall Street and this is just beginning.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:40 PM   #276
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
these are all things that make you feel better about how you come to your own conclusions. your in your early 30s and think that all of lifes problems can be figured out with metrics and searches. you remind me of the many car nerds i encounter who think its all numbers, when in reality there is another half of how cars are tuned that requires age, experience and intuition.

i hear all the time from nerds how their solar panels on their roof have reduced their energ... blah blah... costs... blah blah.. its all words and they dont mean shit. driving all over socal you see these bullshit wind farms, its just a cluster fuck of stupidity. and nuclear just takes it one step further, because you've got these science nerds who think they can control something that clearly cannot be controlled. no answer to the casks with no proper home in san onofre. no answer to the contaminated land from the partial meltdown at the ssfl here at santa susana. no answer for fukushima. no answer for chernobyl. and thank god no answer for three mile island. oh yeah, and no answer for the guy who got pinned to the roof in that other failed reactor that i cant remember the name of.

but i enjoy listening to your comments because you use a lot of fancy words when responding.
It's funny to hear someone who doesn't know that my day job is running a shop restoring vintage cars tell me that numbers don't matter. They don't until they do and they do until they don't. Feel does matter, intuition does matter, but neither can measure the parts per million of particulate matter in groundwater.

Feel does matter until you realize you don't have a clue about market penetration or whether or not your advertising campaign is costing you money because you have zero metrics to track them.

Why is wind power and solar power a cluster fuck of stupidity, exactly? I mean exactly, not your feelings. Is it because it's ugly? Because Trump said it kills birds?

Fukushima was a failure to anticipate, but has yet to prove its negative influence on the world around it- no increase in stillbirths or birth defects has been proven. Chernobyl was proof of communism's fucking stupidity- didn't you watch the show? Three Mile Island was a compounded human problem with no statistically significant increase in cancer rates in the surrounding area. Santa Susana resulted in a maximum exposure to the nearest residential building of 0.018 millirem. A dental x-ray is 0.4 millirem. Do you think Southern California Edison or the California Coastal Commission should be slapped in the dick for the caskets at San Onofre? SCE is only following CCC's guidance.

It's like you've regressed into a troglodyte. Science is evil! Numbers are fake!

Oh, and fuck Wall Street. Robinhood can gargle my balls.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:11 PM   #277
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:

lets go down a side path for a moment.

from feb 2020
https://ourworldindata.org/safest-sources-of-energy
this is from 2011
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...yQC_story.html
this is from 2019
http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2019/ph241/marshall2/
from 2013
https://climate.nasa.gov/news/903/co...nuclear-power/
also 2013
https://energycentral.com/c/ec/death...d-other-causes

generally speaking, you have no clue what you're talking about w/r/t deaths in industry, pollution from power plants, etc.

I won't even start into how little the waste from nuclear is compared to any other source (cliffs: the amount of spent nuclear fuel per person over their LIFETIME would be about the size of a 12oz coke can, try matching that in coal or natural gas)

but by all means, go on

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:15 PM   #278
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I think Corbic is saying decreasing birthrates are a symptom of over-indulgence.

...but also, Japan lol.
Actually, not at all.

What I'm saying is prosperity creates easy living. Easy living changes your tolerance levels.

Where once we had no tolerance for other competing groups (Irish, Asian, Italian, Black, etc) we are all about diversity.

Where once we had no tolerance for infidels and sexual deviance, now we are all about diversity.

Once we expected to die in a steel plant accident at the ripe old age of 27, today we shriek and cry if you want us to make our own coffee at the office.

All these modern SJW issues are the symptom of life being so easy and good in America. People got tons of free time and brain space to come up with injustices to cry about.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:16 PM   #279
Corbic
Post Whore!

So what's Joe gonna do about this? I mean he's ya'll home boy, a defender of the poor, right?

https://youtu.be/enLiJfijWBI
Old 01-28-2021, 05:17 PM   #280
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Who is "we", Corbic?
Old 01-28-2021, 06:49 PM   #281
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
I'll take "Antifa Genderqueer Pansexuals" for $500, Kilburn.
Old 01-28-2021, 07:46 PM   #282
Corbic
Post Whore!

https://youtu.be/tb35Z9tSRmA
Old 01-28-2021, 07:46 PM   #283
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Speaking of, transgenders are allowed in the military again and an Army Chaplain is under investigation for saying transgender people are mentally unfit and a waste of military resources.

Anyone else have any firsthand experience with this? Because I do.

This was the type of pandering I was worried about and we have it in the first 10 days. If anything, retention is so low that they just want more bodies for the machine.
Old 01-28-2021, 07:52 PM   #284
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Speaking of, transgenders are allowed in the military again and an Army Chaplain is under investigation for saying transgender people are mentally unfit and a waste of military resources.

Anyone else have any firsthand experience with this? Because I do.

This was the type of pandering I was worried about and we have it in the first 10 days. If anything, retention is so low that they just want more bodies for the machine.
Gender dysphoria resulting in transgenderism will prevent you from having a driver's license in Russia (public safety mental illness).

Russia is pretty strict on drivers licenses btw.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:11 PM   #285
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Well if Vladimir approves of the policy then by all means.
Old 01-29-2021, 06:58 AM   #286
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Not sure where it fits in that diagram, but I'd like to see an expansion on the use of geothermal energy. It's probably not the most profitable for the private sector now but an investment from the Fed. govt could jump start efforts and bring in more jobs.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:18 AM   #287
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Not sure where it fits in that diagram, but I'd like to see an expansion on the use of geothermal energy. It's probably not the most profitable for the private sector now but an investment from the Fed. govt could jump start efforts and bring in more jobs.
I'd like to see proliferation and output as well.

Dog power has 0 deaths and 0 emissions.

But then again it also has 0 sites and produces 0 electricity.

I've also read articles about how windmills are potentially a net negative long term once you calculate in manufacturing costs and maintenance and energy retention.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:35 AM   #288
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Nuclear energy provides approximately 20% of the US' energy and over 70% of France's energy.

As far as wind turbine generators, they have issues with disposal- but they also have a 20-year lifespan. As far as a net negative, you may be thinking of this.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:48 AM   #289
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

It's my opinion that over reliance on the private sector is the major issue in energy production. Return on investment is irrelevant. Utility to users in the long-term is the goal. We should be building our version of Roman public works that still deliver water after 2000 years.
Old 01-30-2021, 11:17 PM   #290
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
lets go down a side path for a moment.

from feb 2020
https://ourworldindata.org/safest-sources-of-energy
this is from 2011
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...yQC_story.html
this is from 2019
http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2019/ph241/marshall2/
from 2013
https://climate.nasa.gov/news/903/co...nuclear-power/
also 2013
https://energycentral.com/c/ec/death...d-other-causes

generally speaking, you have no clue what you're talking about w/r/t deaths in industry, pollution from power plants, etc.

I won't even start into how little the waste from nuclear is compared to any other source (cliffs: the amount of spent nuclear fuel per person over their LIFETIME would be about the size of a 12oz coke can, try matching that in coal or natural gas)

but by all means, go on
that chart is laughable and makes great toilet paper. that might work at some bullshit corporate board meeting or student lecture, but it doesnt work with me. you can add up numbers all day in order to make or skew a point. is there any validity in your point? sure. but simultaneously, you're too quick to disregard a differing viewpoint - so why even waste any time to try to convince you. i can count in my hand the amount of people in this thread who've tried to keep an open mind and be neutral in their thinking, and dizzariot is like the only one. the rest of you fall into one extreme or the other.

i'll stick to my healthy pessimism and continue to call bullshit on solar and wind and chalk them up as a waste of time, energy and resources.
Old 01-30-2021, 11:25 PM   #291
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
It's funny to hear someone who doesn't know that my day job is running a shop restoring vintage cars tell me that numbers don't matter.
allow me to respond:

It's funny to hear someone who doesn't know that my day job is running a shop restoring vintage cars tell me that numbers do matter
Old 01-30-2021, 11:38 PM   #292
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Feel does matter until you realize you don't have a clue about market penetration or whether or not your advertising campaign is costing you money because you have zero metrics to track them.
the only metrics i care about are my earnings, everything else is bulllllshit. not trying to offend here, but you come off as the biggest fucking nerd. do you ever get laid? christ, my sympathy for whoever has to sit down and listen to you go on and on for hours on end about metrics and graphs. for fucks sake.

Quote:
Fukushima was a failure to anticipate, but has yet to prove its negative influence on the world around it- no increase in stillbirths or birth defects has been proven. Chernobyl was proof of communism's fucking stupidity- didn't you watch the show? Three Mile Island was a compounded human problem with no statistically significant increase in cancer rates in the surrounding area. Santa Susana resulted in a maximum exposure to the nearest residential building of 0.018 millirem. A dental x-ray is 0.4 millirem. Do you think Southern California Edison or the California Coastal Commission should be slapped in the dick for the caskets at San Onofre? SCE is only following CCC's guidance.
hey mr vintage car restorer, you might want to listen to some of the well educated scholars like dan hirsch when it comes to the negative effects that all of these disasters have had on our planet, he's more articulate and certainly more educated on this topic than you are.

your comment which i highlighted in bold shows just how ignorant and carefree your attitude is. we have an area that is contaminated and has been for decades, and you're dumb enough to try to downplay it as if its perfectly safe. my advice, buy one of the newly developed houses in simi valley and go live there. have fun raising your family there. you're on a soon-to-be politician level of stupid.

Quote:
It's like you've regressed into a troglodyte. Science is evil! Numbers are fake!
its not called regressing, its called coming to terms and understanding that humans are animals. you are just delusional and out of touch with nature and reality. you have too much faith in humanity and in progress. you like hearing yourself talk and worse, probably like smelling your own farts.

....nothing worse than a person who enjoys the smell of their own asshole. yuck.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:04 AM   #293
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

In that entire post, you made exactly zero counterpoints. It was the ranting of a child angry that his world is changing, and angrier that he doesn't understand it. No wonder you resort to insults rather than information.

Pessimism and doubt are good- when used in good faith. "Is this a reliable source?" is a perfectly legitimate question and one we should always ask ourselves. Except you're not asking yourself that question and searching for answers- and anyone who provides a counterpoint is "dumb."

I do like hearing myself talk. It allows me to get ideas out, to hopefully be either vindicated with additional data or possibly to be proven wrong, and to learn from the experience in either instance.

PS- You might want to look up Ramsar, Iran, Kerala, India, or Guarapari, Brazil. The conversion factor is 100millirem to 1millisievert.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:41 AM   #294
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

The only way ixfxi has garnered any respect on this forum is by shutting the fuck up outside of specific technical discussion. He's blowing it all here. Every single opinion posted has been a complete asspull laughing in the face of facts. Zero value.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:35 AM   #295
Corbic
Post Whore!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_...ith_Statistics

Old 02-01-2021, 07:16 AM   #296
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

In comes Corbic with the save and the crowd goes wiiiiild.

*elated shouts from people with three nicotine-stained teeth and confederate flags on their realtree*

Too bad this shit's friggin' tee ball.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:57 PM   #297
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I understand that our legislature is designed to be slow and deliberate. It's always odd when/why they find the balls for decisive action.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...timatum-464382
Old 02-01-2021, 06:22 PM   #298
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
The only way ixfxi has garnered any respect on this forum is by...
click on my name and visit my home page, its all you need to know
Old 02-01-2021, 08:01 PM   #299
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
In comes Corbic with the save and the crowd goes wiiiiild.

*elated shouts from people with three nicotine-stained teeth and confederate flags on their realtree*

Too bad this shit's friggin' tee ball.
That's not a meme but an actual book. Link is in my post.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:51 PM   #300
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
click on my name and visit my home page, its all you need to know
We all already know who you are. That's the point.

And based on your work it's obvious that you know numbers and stats are not just important but vital.