Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Archive and FAQs

Archive and FAQs Archives and Frequently Asked Questions about the 240SX are in here.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:45 PM   #3001
kingsol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
kingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kingsol
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognition
oh my... what's with that bumper?

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.
-Emerson
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2004, 10:33 PM   #3002
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
s14 My S-14 under the knife

Ah yes! the retro Flash Gordon/Speed Racer bumper. It all goes. Here is what it looked like before it was put into the container in Japan. Pretty funky, but it had
one owner and it never saw a accident. No super hicas.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:45 PM   #3003
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
Super Hicas on a s14? s14's dont come with super hicas...

Is the car legal?
Drift Unit
Old 11-01-2004, 11:09 PM   #3004
BadMoJo
Nissanaholic!

BadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to BadMoJo
An S14 Silvia could have Super HICAS... If you didn't notice the car is JDM tYte y0.

----Gone----
Old 11-01-2004, 11:19 PM   #3005
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBoy
After painting the car, it makes me want to get another 240 and refinish it purple, like the picture on the far left, 2nd down.
like this??

Old 11-02-2004, 12:55 AM   #3006
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Ah yes! the retro Flash Gordon/Speed Racer bumper. It all goes. Here is what it looked like before it was put into the container in Japan. Pretty funky, but it had
one owner and it never saw a accident. No super hicas.

awesome! good to know you got the mission in! that car has been sitting forever! veilside bumper eh. we have 2 of those in the warehouse right now...
Old 11-02-2004, 10:26 AM   #3007
kognition
Premium Member

kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
No Super Hicas

It arrived as an automatic, and from my understanding automatics are usually outfitted with Super Hicas. We changed out the automatic with a manual jdm s14 tranny. I did get some nice Rota Actions until i can afford some good Advan's or Volk's. I just decided last week to get the titanium exhaust which btw weighs in at only 12 Lb's . I am planning to take it to the autocross at JGTC
next month and have some fun. No my car is not legal, and I don't intend to make it legal. Track only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ootranceformeroo
Super Hicas on a s14? s14's dont come with super hicas...

Is the car legal?

Last edited by kognition; 11-02-2004 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: added text
Old 11-02-2004, 10:33 AM   #3008
kognition
Premium Member

Hey, Brian... I think I met you at David's a few times yea? You have the black 240?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
awesome! good to know you got the mission in! that car has been sitting forever! veilside bumper eh. we have 2 of those in the warehouse right now...
Old 11-02-2004, 01:14 PM   #3009
01SaturnL200
Banned from the Marketplace

01SaturnL200 is making a name for him/her self01SaturnL200 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 01SaturnL200 Send a message via Yahoo to 01SaturnL200
Talking

i know this is a 240 site but i figured u might wanna see my daily driver as well as my 240 here are a few more pics, http://www.phatsaturns.net/240pics eventually ill get the 240 lookin good and running the same just gimme some time, i hate my driving habbits lol
Old 11-02-2004, 01:40 PM   #3010
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
yes i met you many a time at David's. although i can't remember your name... because my name recognition is horrible.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:08 PM   #3011
kognition
Premium Member

Name's Mike.
Have you been to the new shop yet? If you haven't, you should. It's alot closer
to me so I have been able to ride my bike there since all my cars seem to be on jackstands lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
yes i met you many a time at David's. although i can't remember your name... because my name recognition is horrible.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:52 PM   #3012
BobbyBoy
Zilvia Junkie

BobbyBoy is making a name for him/her selfBobbyBoy is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to BobbyBoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaDriver
like this??

Yes just like that. But then again we can't have 2 purple S15 face 240sx up in the San Jo.

BTW which color is that? And come out to the next meet dammit, so I can get shots of the cars together.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:49 PM   #3013
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBoy
Yes just like that. But then again we can't have 2 purple S15 face 240sx up in the San Jo.

BTW which color is that? And come out to the next meet dammit, so I can get shots of the cars together.
your right we cant have 2 purple s15 face 240s up in san jo. so u need to move out. hahahaha jk

the color is super sonic blue pearl. it turns purple and blue depending on light. for some reason i look at other SSBP on other cars and it seems as if mine is a LOT mroe purple than others. another meet? juss aim me, im too lazy to check the meet section
Old 11-03-2004, 10:28 AM   #3014
i-love-my-s14
Zilvia Member

i-love-my-s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I finally got some pics of my car after the swap. Here they are.

Old 11-03-2004, 11:46 AM   #3015
nissantuner22
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (-1)
nissantuner22 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nissantuner22

Current Project: Operation: N/A SR: 93 Silvia Q SR20DE Engine with go fast goodies. ,
"Common problems 240sx's suffer from are curbs, trees, ditches, and other immovable objects."thx247

"on the tounge... there is no guardrails."- citizen
Old 11-06-2004, 09:35 PM   #3016
cdigity
Leaky Injector

cdigity is on a distinguished road
recent pics:

jgs front mount
split-second a.i.c.
vortech s.f.m.u.
walbro 255 lph
Old 11-06-2004, 09:46 PM   #3017
kingsol
Zilvia FREAK!

kingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enough
crazy paint...

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.
-Emerson
Old 11-07-2004, 01:51 PM   #3018
Lurkable
Zilvia Member

Lurkable will become famous soon enoughLurkable will become famous soon enoughLurkable will become famous soon enoughLurkable will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lurkable
lol, interesting paint, at least you only notice it when it's in the sun.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:21 PM   #3019
blue109
Zilvia Member

blue109 is an unknown quantity at this point
cdigity.....im not into graphics or that kind of stuff, but that paint job is beautifull. if i remember right you did that yourself, right?
living specimen caress
when the earth is vacated
and the populous cleared
ill be the last starfighter
sipping a goblet of my tears
Old 11-07-2004, 05:19 PM   #3020
RoYaL FLuSH
Leaky Injector

RoYaL FLuSH is on a distinguished road
s13

Here's some pics of my 240sx and Montreal's first right hand drive Silvia

Old 11-07-2004, 06:22 PM   #3021
justinhustle
Nissanaholic!

justinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enough
cdigity...

im so not into lowrider kinda paint jobs...

but that shit is hot as fuck. i absolutely give you 2 huge thumbs up if you did that yourself
Old 11-07-2004, 06:32 PM   #3022
RiceEata
Zilvia Member

RiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to behold
new mirrors.........
Old 11-07-2004, 08:52 PM   #3023
Carisma•FR
Zilvia Member

Carisma•FR is on a distinguished road
RiceEata, your car is hot!!! Care to share the wheel specs?
Old 11-07-2004, 09:55 PM   #3024
RiceEata
Zilvia Member

RiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to beholdRiceEata is a splendid one to behold
The wheel specs from roja is 18x8 +23 and 18x9 +23 but i measured it and i think its closer to +16, 24lbs.....there formula 5's, I got them from www.wheeldiscounters.com when they had a bunch of um on ebay but i think they ran out.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:27 AM   #3025
mad s13
Zilvia Member

mad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to all
whats up folks... Decided friday night i'd take some new pics of my car in the office garage to show off the new front end stuff, and tinted tails, and my hardcore no carpet interior....lol. Paint will be coming in a few months...finally..
oh and I know..sunken battleship...don't remind me....but a plan is underway to fix that

Later
Gray
Old 11-08-2004, 11:09 AM   #3026
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
two words " wheel spacers" then ull be fine
Old 11-08-2004, 12:07 PM   #3027
mad s13
Zilvia Member

mad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to all
actually i've got a set of 20mm ones sitting around..the only thing is the wheel studs are just long enough to interfere with proper torquing...lol that and I need to have the rear fenders rolled, the front may be getting an offset boost with a set of s14 lca's...

Gray
Old 11-08-2004, 12:40 PM   #3028
psychedelicbeats
Zilvia Addict

psychedelicbeats is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by psychedelicbeats; 11-09-2004 at 01:18 AM..
Old 11-08-2004, 03:13 PM   #3029
kingsol
Zilvia FREAK!

mads13: i donn't know about the whole tinted tails and side marker... get the rest of the kit... and are those eyelids?!

-Emerson
Old 11-08-2004, 04:53 PM   #3030
Doriftomodachi
BANNED

Doriftomodachi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Just converted this rhd to manual tranny from automatic. Installed Nismo clutch
and lightened flywheel. Full titanium exhaust and intercooler next. Lots to do still
but the sr20 has only 49K miles. Plenty of life left in her.

Did you buy that ca from Magic Garage/Auto Conexion?