Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #30481
endlessboost
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
endlessboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Dear Fro,

I like the color of your vehicle. It is unique and really stands out with that color.
Did you cut the cross bar outta the bumper yourself?

Navan photo shoot next spring with alcolade and whore hey?
endlessboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #30482
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessboost View Post
Dear Fro,

I like the color of your vehicle. It is unique and really stands out with that color.
Did you cut the cross bar outta the bumper yourself?

Navan photo shoot next spring with alcolade and whore hey?
Thank you for the compliments kind sir.

I am still unsure of my feelings towards the color of my automobile as it appears different every time I look at it - regardless I prefer it to the multicolored look of previous times.

I did remove the crossbar out of the bumper myself after a late night tow strap failure. I removed the bumper from the car and used a hack saw blade (out of the saw) and slowly removed the sections. It was easier than expected.

We shall have a photo shoot when you are ready. Let us prepare for this moment.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #30483
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I think it would look LOADS better with OEM corners, clear turn signals, and clear sidemarkers.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #30484
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
I think it would look LOADS better with OEM corners, clear turn signals, and clear sidemarkers.
Probably.

But I don't like clear corners/lenses/side markers.

Long hair don't care.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #30485
Teddy Bruckshot
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Teddy Bruckshot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I love the color choice fro! I originally wanted to paint my car something similar to that , but a little darker and less prismatic. Your build is coming along nicely
Teddy Bruckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #30486
240sxdriftin
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (25)
240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Let the rebuild begin... (hood isn't staying just set there for storage haha)

Old 10-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #30487
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Amber got to go.

Edit: I just never liked amber lights.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #30488
SidewayzAsFck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
SidewayzAsFck can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtsunami View Post
lower it, sand down and plastidip your lip like I did!
Yea I would love to lower it but I didn't want to break the bank on some coils before getting my engine. Any suggestions on good coils that I can possibly get for a decent price? Or any other options
SidewayzAsFck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #30489
doitsidewayz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
doitsidewayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewayzAsFck View Post
Yea I would love to lower it but I didn't want to break the bank on some coils before getting my engine. Any suggestions on good coils that I can possibly get for a decent price? Or any other options
Fortune autos!
doitsidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #30490
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
... I prefer it to the multicolored look of previous times....
same, oldy. idk, probs because it had lows and stuffs
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #30491
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Renelovesnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Probably.

But I don't like clear corners/lenses/side markers.

Long hair don't care.
Car looks good! im just wondering what wheelchoice your gonna go with? and id honestly think itll look a million times better without the amber corners/turnsignals..
Renelovesnike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #30492
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #30493
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomisiu View Post
same, oldy. idk, probs because it had lows and stuffs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renelovesnike View Post
Car looks good! im just wondering what wheelchoice your gonna go with? and id honestly think itll look a million times better without the amber corners/turnsignals..
It's going back to this ride height/wheel combination shortly.

Also, considering stripping the amber film off of my marker lights now that you kids have me thinking about it. I really like the bumper lights and side markers amber, but after adding a hood badge, I'm coming to the realization that there may be too many different colors on the front end. The hood badge is black, the grill is black, and the head lights are white/clear... So I'm thinking that I need to cut down on the amber to allow everything to flow better...

Somewhat related:

Painted/Dyed my door cards, front and rear seats black. Came out pretty decent, sorry for the shitty picture, I'll get out a real camera once the wheels are on.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #30494
JonathanPrem
Zilvia Addict

JonathanPrem is an unknown quantity at this point
Let me know how that goes. I wanted to do that but i'm scared the dye will fade on to my clothes
JonathanPrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #30495
SidewayzAsFck
Zilvia Junkie

SidewayzAsFck can only hope to improve
If anyone has a set of coils that are in good condition they are selling send me a pm! Can't take the monster truck madness wave!
SidewayzAsFck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #30496
eDmSiL80
Zilvia Junkie

eDmSiL80 is an unknown quantity at this point
forget bodykits! Im going for this lol. HMU if you got a Zenki front lip!!!!!

eDmSiL80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #30497
hypercrush
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
hypercrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hey fro the car came out cool, i wanna see more pics! sorry i didnt get that info to you in time, but you did just fine i think. let me know if i can help in any other way
Old 10-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #30498
WindVS
Leaky Injector

WindVS is an unknown quantity at this point

here's mine
WindVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #30499
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
love it
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #30500
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Renelovesnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
^That must sound WONDERFULL! c[=
Renelovesnike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #30501
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
holy fucking rake.

either raise the front or lower the rear.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #30502
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I used that dupont interior vynle and fabric paint and dye and it holds up, and gets softer the more you use it.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:05 AM   #30503
kanekoa28
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
kanekoa28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Finally got it running straight. Just need to paint now

Had some fun with the GoPro

kanekoa28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #30504
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanPrem View Post
Let me know how that goes. I wanted to do that but i'm scared the dye will fade on to my clothes
As of right now, I haven't had any issues with the dried paint coming off of the seat. I found that giving the seats a good 24hrs to dry before sitting in them is a good idea. I had some minor issues with my driver's seat as I tried to work with it immediately after painting, but otherwise, nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercrush View Post
hey fro the car came out cool, i wanna see more pics! sorry i didnt get that info to you in time, but you did just fine i think. let me know if i can help in any other way
Thanks bro. After I source some Ganadors and a Kouki wing, I might look into spraying the car again, but I'm not sure. Kind of wish the teal was more like yours. :/
Old 10-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #30505
pmq.s14

pmq.s14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Kanekoa28, are you riding 18's? I want the same aero, but the problem is I can't be that low around here or i might have to find bigger wheels just to get a bit more ground clearance.
pmq.s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #30506
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
im thinking of maybe changing out my silvia grill for a navan one... what do ya'll think? i'm kinda up in the air at the moment
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #30507
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
im thinking of maybe changing out my silvia grill for a navan one... what do ya'll think? i'm kinda up in the air at the moment
I kind of like the Silvia one better than Navan, but that's just me.

Any of you dudes running either a Bride Gias or Stradia on a Planted Bracket? I'm looking at buying one Monday, but I just want to make sure that it's not going to sit higher than stock.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #30508
Turbo Nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
Turbo Nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Old 10-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #30509
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

if you want info copy and paste that in the address bar, but cliff note, Tomei is going to develop parts for the usdm 240sx. They sent their s14 from their shop here in Lake Forest Ca there with their FRS. Pretty stoked on this.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #30510
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough