Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 02:41 AM   #301
nisco
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
nisco is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo-kun View Post
Um, that Japanese license plate clearly states it's not euro spec.
i think he is referring to the lights in the bumper
Old 07-05-2009, 05:10 AM   #302
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
blue kouki is an aussie in japan he has a build thread on zt

kouki 180's came with a pillar and mirrors painted
Old 07-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #303
Carlossr20det

Trader Rating: (0)
Carlossr20det is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
biggest gripe about the red 180 is the license plates so fucking ugly lol take that off atleast for pics or move to a country without stupid shaped plates

4-lug also minus street cred

you have this huge fender roll in the back, take advantage of it and lower your car more looks like i can fit my head in that ugly gap

remove what appears to be s15 markers? get clear sidemarker instead of tinted amber

and for the love of god if you're gonna do sleepyeyes the rule is 3 fingers not 1 penis

Let me see picks of your car

Quote:
"I love my roads like I love my women; wet and curvy"
Old 07-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #304
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruptR View Post
i believe kouki 180's come factory paint on the pillars and mirror.
Correcto. I painted my roof and mirrors gloss black. I've always felt capsule cars like the hatch should have a black top. When painted body color, the a-pillar and mirrors stand out like a sore thumb and dont flow with the black sections of the rear 1/4 windows. no biggie though, to each his own.

Quote:
biggest gripe about the red 180 is the license plates so fucking ugly lol take that off atleast for pics or move to a country without stupid shaped plates

4-lug also minus street cred

you have this huge fender roll in the back, take advantage of it and lower your car more looks like i can fit my head in that ugly gap

remove what appears to be s15 markers? get clear sidemarker instead of tinted amber

and for the love of god if you're gonna do sleepyeyes the rule is 3 fingers not 1 penis
watch this... if its your car, you can:
- remove license plate
- raise or lower car to your liking
- raise or lower headlights to your liking
- change sidemarkers
- add 5-6-7-8-12 lug hubs

i mean, when i hear people gripe about how low a car is... or minor shit like that, it sounds stupid. its like whiney 22 year old kids saying "dude to look hot you gotta do THIS" like its fresh out of a recipe. i dont excessively lower my cars because it ruins the function of it all and fucks up the bumper and undercarriage.

some people dont care and just wanna do whats hot. i think its all bullshit, do what makes you happy. as for the side-markers, they should be j-spec s13 coated with some gloss smoke paint. again, not a big pro or con.. his style. it takes 5 seconds to remove..
Old 07-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #305
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
people who's cars arent nearly as badass seem to be the people who complain the most and nit-pick on everyone's car.

soapgun post pics of your car. because you seem to be so 'expert'
Old 07-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #306
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG View Post
people who's cars arent nearly as badass seem to be the people who complain the most and nit-pick on everyone's car.

chill aaron, hes outside adjusting his ride height and sleepy headlights for ultimate mac-user status :-)

edit: hey carlos, i just noticed the car is actually RHD... cool, is it a 96-98 or did you add all the aero? i take it its not driven on public roads, or......?
Old 07-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #307
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
oh yeah i forgot. your right. shit takes like all day. because its not 2001-cool unless your car is at submarine ride height.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #308
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
chyeah homie gangster wahoo
Old 07-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #309
kensreliableb18b
Zilvia Addict

Location: so cal - 626, 909, 562 and 949. 818 if i feel like running away
Trader Rating: (1)
kensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
gotta show some gpsports type r love:

and yes, that's a clearcorners sticker. lol
Old 07-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #310
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
for ultimate mac-user status :-)
Hey, hey, hey Mike, cheap shot . LOL hahahhahhahahhahahhaha

seriously though. The slammed, stretched police are out of control.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 07-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #311
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

YEs
i love gp type r
shit is so awesome.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:13 PM   #312
GREXS14
Leaky Injector

GREXS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
oh yeah i forgot. your right. shit takes like all day. because its not 2001-cool unless your car is at submarine ride height.
Taken from pink godziras site.

ENTER...
...at your under carriage's risk!
We're slammed to the asphalt and ready to suck up the tire dust from your ploughing front tires!!

Everyone knows slammed is better!
Old 07-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #313
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
YEs
i love gp type r
shit is so awesome.
yea to bad i can't find it anywere.....
Old 07-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #314
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
yea to bad i can't find it anywere.....
Jspec, either he has it or can get it. I know he has the Valences.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 07-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #315
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREXS14 View Post
Taken from pink godziras site.

ENTER...
...at your under carriage's risk!
We're slammed to the asphalt and ready to suck up the tire dust from your ploughing front tires!!

Everyone knows slammed is better!
yeah and pg is pretty much dead. its just me and danny still driving these days. brian does like 1 event a year haha

that site is old. geocities is gone in oct 09. so will the site. rarely updated.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #316
Carlossr20det

Carlossr20det is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
chill aaron, hes outside adjusting his ride height and sleepy headlights for ultimate mac-user status :-)

edit: hey carlos, i just noticed the car is actually RHD... cool, is it a 96-98 or did you add all the aero? i take it its not driven on public roads, or......?

It's a 96 aero came with the car I just picked and chose what would be most cost affective to do to the car and such for example 5 lug conversion.. For example WORKS make 4 lug Meisters and its a 4 lug car so why re-invent the wheels literally. OH it's driven my friend all ova. People may not dig what direction we take with our cars, but that's just why there ARE cars.

People bitch and complain well frankly because that's what they are bitches

Quote:
"I love my roads like I love my women; wet and curvy"
Old 07-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #317
GREXS14
Leaky Injector

GREXS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
yeah and pg is pretty much dead. its just me and danny still driving these days. brian does like 1 event a year haha

that site is old. geocities is gone in oct 09. so will the site. rarely updated.

That sucks to hear! The drift scene where I am blows so blogs and forums is all I have LOL!
Old 07-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #318
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Quote:
watch this... if its your car, you can:
- remove license plate
- raise or lower car to your liking
- raise or lower headlights to your liking
- change sidemarkers
- add 5-6-7-8-12 lug hubs

i mean, when i hear people gripe about how low a car is... or minor shit like that, it sounds stupid. its like whiney 22 year old kids saying "dude to look hot you gotta do THIS" like its fresh out of a recipe. i dont excessively lower my cars because it ruins the function of it all and fucks up the bumper and undercarriage.

some people dont care and just wanna do whats hot. i think its all bullshit, do what makes you happy. as for the side-markers, they should be j-spec s13 coated with some gloss smoke paint. again, not a big pro or con.. his style. it takes 5 seconds to remove..

Quote:

No, you're both absolutely correct. Only reason I talk so freely about how a kouki 180sx should look is because if you look at all the good-looking 180's in the pictures i posted they all have certain things in common. Its the ULTIMATE cookie cutter spec and that image is engraved in my head. Throwing a couple things off from the mix then it just doesn't FIT that picture perfect car. BH made his s13 in that same image and did it pretty well and it was all the same idea's i have in my head, straight cookie cutter 180sx.

Aaron, I am by no means an expert. You would be considered the expert here as you have much more REAL experience and that counts more than anything. I'm not trying to come off like that but what I don't have to offer to this forum is TECH advice and other things I don't know about. I like car style, I feel that's what I know best so I just try and offer my opinion, which is PURELY OPINION, to this forum. Take it however you feel though.

As for my car, I had two 240's before the car I have now, just got the hatch in October and have been gathering parts for it ever since but it just got recently hit and run and the whole front end is smashed. Nothing to see here yet.

Also, It would be great if I was in my late twenties / early thirties with a full time job so I could drive sick cars all day and post on a forum. That is just not the case though, I put all the money that I have to try and build a nice car as a college student. Not like other kids on this forum who buy a shitty rusty s13 and slap uras megan and mb wheels on their cars with welded diffs then go post pictures all day on zilvia. I'm actually taking my time building MY CAR and doing it right with all the means I can.

So far its OEM everything

kouki tails
kevlar panel
wing
rear valences
sideskirts
front bumper
front lip
ganadors
dmax hood when they restock
origin clear markers and dmax front winkers
5 lug with some blitz 03's since brian copped out
stance coils for now but hopefully i can score brians zeals if he parts the car
spl arms and a kaaz diff
then r33 gtr brembos and ka-t when money permits

hopefully my car will be sweet and i can then be an EXPERT

hope to be done with the car by spring

Quote:

was that supposed to be funny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlossr20det View Post
yeah, i really hope i also drive an s13 when i'm 32 like you.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #319
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
thats the thing i like when people build off the cookie cutter and add their flavor.

the changes help to make the owner's car diff from all the other ones. I mean we have all seen the packs of cookie cutters. Couple diff ones, correct?

but ever cook, must make the recipe their own
Old 07-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #320
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
for ultimate mac-user status :-)
ultimate Mac-user status.. hahhahaha ..cookie cutter... makes so much....

Quote:
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #321
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlossr20det View Post
Quote:
yeah, i really hope i also drive an s13 when i'm 32 like you.
hehe pot shots

age doesnt matter if you ask me. why? because i dont clown on people being 16, 18, 28, 38 or 48... it doesnt matter. as long as you love the car, thats all that matters.

what makes you think that carlos owning an s13 at 32 means that its his only car? how do you know he doesnt have a mclaren f1, turbo supra, R33 GTR, or anything else? no one knows and its no ones business.

believe it or not, my friend knows a car collector who has a million different exotic cars, and yet he has a 240 and a miata in his collection. he loves each car for what their designed to do, and each car brings a certain type of enjoyment to the owner. look at jay leno, same thing.. multiple cars each for a different occasion.

but some of us have a hard time thinking out the box. like when my wife told a bunch of people at some school project review that she does all her work with a PC. they all looked over at her like she was crazy for not using a mac. its all bullshit. if you are good, you should know how to work with multiple platforms. fortunately for me, i am an idiot and am self-restricted to working solely with pre-vista PCs . ignorance is bliss.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #322
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
cars .
Old 07-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #323
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
bored
Old 07-06-2009, 01:26 AM   #324
lflkajfj12123

hahah my shit sucks

installed all of the shit for now need to put on the kouki wing

needs paint
Old 07-06-2009, 01:43 AM   #325
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
still my fav koukie style kit,
GT-1 Beak Ito Style

btw anyone know what issue this, or does anyone have it....
omg who carry's this in the US? i would so rock this!
Old 07-06-2009, 06:51 AM   #326
ScottMan
Zilvia Junkie

ScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ScottMan
Here are a few that s0apgun didn't put up, but probably has somewhere on his computer anyway.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:53 AM   #327
ScottMan
Zilvia Junkie

ScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ScottMan

*Sorry about any duplicates to previous posts*
Old 07-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #328
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge s14 View Post
omg who carry's this in the US? i would so rock this!
RHDJapan.com sells it
Old 07-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #329
turbo_dreams
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
turbo_dreams is making a name for him/her selfturbo_dreams is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i read about every page from time to time but lost track...anyone mind adding cliff notes wether or not anyone still sells the lip+extensions?

www.tm-spl.com
Kouki's & some apple juice.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:04 AM   #330
mel@performancenissan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
mel@performancenissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
the front lip is discountinued. No Longer Available.
if your looking for bumper,sideskirts,lighting visit
MyNismo.com - NISSAN JDM 180SX Type X Aero
Closed Thread