Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #301
gregfarz78
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gregfarz78 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nice fab skills
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2008, 11:30 PM   #302
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSntra91 View Post
Done Son! But it doesnt clear the radiator doah! Oh well more modifying to do....

Mike in action:

this is going to be a project that never runs isn't it?
Old 11-19-2008, 01:11 AM   #303
brunswick240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
brunswick240 is making a name for him/her selfbrunswick240 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brunswick240
damn, Im proud to say I live in ohio too haha. subscribed.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:38 AM   #304
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
don't be a hater...

it's been 7 months so far...but i have faith...

do you have any type of timetable in your mind? Or do you just plan to do what you can in your free time and when it's done it's done?

I can't wait till you get it running cuz i'm curious as to how that engine will sound. I wonder if it will sound more RBish, or VQ35ish. That's my only reference in nissan 6's. I love my RB and think it's a blast, but another .5 liter of dispacement should add to the fun

I don't know if it's been asked, but do you know the weight of the VQ30 setup vs. SR vs. RB? Weight distribution would surely be better with the V6, but how much....

/end rambling

keep those updates coming!!
Old 11-19-2008, 05:41 AM   #305
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Nope, its just going to take awhile. I am very particular about how everything is and when your like that things take time. If your going to do it do it right or dont do it at all. If I wanted to this thing could be half assed and almost on the road by now but its not and wont be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post
don't be a hater...

it's been 7 months so far...but i have faith...

do you have any type of timetable in your mind? Or do you just plan to do what you can in your free time and when it's done it's done?

I can't wait till you get it running cuz i'm curious as to how that engine will sound. I wonder if it will sound more RBish, or VQ35ish. That's my only reference in nissan 6's. I love my RB and think it's a blast, but another .5 liter of dispacement should add to the fun

I don't know if it's been asked, but do you know the weight of the VQ30 setup vs. SR vs. RB? Weight distribution would surely be better with the V6, but how much....

/end rambling

keep those updates coming!!
I hope to have this project completed or near completion sometime next year. Its all about the cash flow. If I had more of one I would be even closer. The motor will surely sound more VQ35ish because thats in fact what the motor is. The VQ30 is my friends, I have the VQ35.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #306
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Nope, its just going to take awhile. I am very particular about how everything is and when your like that things take time. If your going to do it do it right or dont do it at all. If I wanted to this thing could be half assed and almost on the road by now but its not and wont be.

I hope to have this project completed or near completion sometime next year. Its all about the cash flow. If I had more of one I would be even closer. The motor will surely sound more VQ35ish because thats in fact what the motor is. The VQ30 is my friends, I have the VQ35.
hmmm...somehow i thought you were doing the vq30det. vq35 is even better then! I heard a turbo 350Z a couple days ago that sounded pretty mean
Old 11-19-2008, 10:24 AM   #307
240sxnlr
Zilvia Member

240sxnlr is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to 240sxnlr
Man!!! This is one incredibly insane build. I damn near could not keep my laptop on my lap while reading this thread. I can hardly wait for the next installment on this one. I wish you the best of luck, which does not seem necessary with your skill. I hope I have enough patience to build a much quality in mine when I get back home.

Rejoice, for something really bad is about to happen!
Old 11-19-2008, 11:14 AM   #308
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Looks like you're makin progress! Keep it up, and keep us posted.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 11-19-2008, 12:42 PM   #309
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
dude, there's doing it right. and then there's going the extra mile. As far as I can tell your on mile 20! lol but seriously this is looking more and more like that track car build that gravster or w/e his name is, took for ever on and was eventually at a point where something came up and just decided to sell it.

you could of done it right and had it running first, then took the time to go turbo.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #310
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
wow, just read this from start to finish, dont know how I missed it. SUBSCRIBED!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:45 PM   #311
bblack_91240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (23)
bblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Dude you are insane in the brain!! I want to do the foam thing, but I can't decide if all that work for the gain would be worth it. Thats why you have earned the status of HERO in my book!!

Old 12-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #312
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Put the front end on so I can determine how much room I have for the radiator, intercooler, and A/C condenser.
A little black and white action playing with my new phone:

Removed the intake manifold to get the G35x engine harness removed, as I was doing so I decided to take this project a little further....

I am going to design and fabricate my own intake manifold.
The start of the tideous wiring, I am doin this car American Chopper style, I am making sure everything is fitted and where I want it before it goes in for paint.....

Old 12-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #313
ROUGE180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
ROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ROUGE180 Send a message via Yahoo to ROUGE180
If I ever pass though Ohio again I'm stopping through to see that even though it's not finished.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:25 AM   #314
EF8kid

EF8kid is an unknown quantity at this point
This is such a sick build!
Old 12-05-2008, 03:53 AM   #315
wgJoY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
wgJoY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wgJoY
damn. I just spent a good 45 minutes reading through all of this. This is the first I've seen of this thread, and goddamn I am impressed! Holy lord man!

I was scrolling down, reading, scrolling, reading, and all of a sudden.. I hit the last post.. more more!
Old 12-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #316
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

We finished the shifter bracket today, after we removed 4 inches of the shift linkage:

Old 12-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #317
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

unlegendary is a well-known jackass
i see you like playin with big balls.

hey do you think the cross member is too low for daily driving or something to that affect?

edit:
make sure to make record files so you can send your potential customers on how to do the wiring!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:26 PM   #318
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlegendary View Post
i see you like playin with big balls.

hey do you think the cross member is too low for daily driving or something to that affect?

edit:
make sure to make record files so you can send your potential customers on how to do the wiring!
The crossmember sits at the same height as it does factory, so it should be fine.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:07 PM   #319
Slidefox

Slidefox is an unknown quantity at this point
Update?????????
Old 12-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #320
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunswick240 View Post
damn, Im proud to say I live in ohio

I don't hear this often.

Nice build.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:43 PM   #321
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

timtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to timtiminy
fanfreakingtastic! Love it!, best build thread ever! You are seriously the Foose of Nissans!!!
Old 12-13-2008, 02:12 AM   #322
David Steele
Zilvia Member

David Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
dude, there's doing it right. and then there's going the extra mile. As far as I can tell your on mile 20! lol but seriously this is looking more and more like that track car build that gravster or w/e his name is, took for ever on and was eventually at a point where something came up and just decided to sell it.

you could of done it right and had it running first, then took the time to go turbo.
Practice what you preach.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:46 AM   #323
ragnarok
Zilvia Member

ragnarok is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet build man! keep it up
Old 12-13-2008, 06:59 AM   #324
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

timtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the rough
dont know if you have something in mind for your driveshaft but i have some info you may be interested in concerning using a carbon fiber driveshaft. pm me.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:39 AM   #325
ChiSleepyEyes
Zilvia Member

ChiSleepyEyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ChiSleepyEyes
subcribed! very very sexy build
Old 12-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #326
kash_money

kash_money is an unknown quantity at this point
wow...what a fucken crazy ass build man... i thought you were crazy...picking up that shell at first...but dang... wat a fucken build it has been... major props to you and your boys... fucken fabrication masters....
Old 12-13-2008, 09:46 AM   #327
rb25crazy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
rb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
more wiring!!!! are you going to use the stock pcm? or you gonna go aftermarket?
Old 12-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #328
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

He said he is using the sock unit, thats why he is doing the wiring the way he is.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:56 PM   #329
rb25crazy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
rb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
ohh, thanks didn't know that =D
Old 12-25-2008, 10:20 PM   #330
95 maxima se
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
95 maxima se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
any updates?
Closed Thread