Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #301
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
squats vs leg press..
I can do leg press in my room on my soloflex with weights on it, if i do squats, i have to use dumb bells held over my shoulders..

I find the leg press setup fairly easier to set up. Do you guys see any advantages of one over the other?
join a real gym.

serious.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2011, 12:52 AM   #302
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
join a real gym.

serious.
LOL seriously....

Off topic, but if one more person comes at me and tells me there gonna do fukin p90x cuz their boy lost 25lbs doing it Im going to laugh in their faces and tell them sure any fatfuck at 25%bf who eats burritos and sits infront the couch all day can lose 25lbs in 6 weeks too if they actually got off their ass a few hours a day. It aint p90x, its your lazy asses finally doing something. Its a bloody miracle these lard asses can still get a fukin erection. Funny how some fat asses talk about wheel fitment and cant even fit in the right size pants...wtf
Old 04-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #303
Rabbi010
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Rabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the roughRabbi010 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
LOL seriously....

Off topic, but if one more person comes at me and tells me there gonna do fukin p90x cuz their boy lost 25lbs doing it Im going to laugh in their faces and tell them sure any fatfuck at 25%bf who eats burritos and sits infront the couch all day can lose 25lbs in 6 weeks too if they actually got off their ass a few hours a day. It aint p90x, its your lazy asses finally doing something. Its a bloody miracle these lard asses can still get a fukin erection. Funny how some fat asses talk about wheel fitment and cant even fit in the right size pants...wtf
they need it. some people can't set a regimen themselves. if it helps them, i say do it. I even recommend weight watchers for some people because the point system makes everything 2304852305832058x times easier. hats what people need. Weight watchers and p90x is smart to capitalize on that too.
Rabbi010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #304
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
how can i check my body fat for the hell of it?
Old 04-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #305
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
im seeing great results from home. Id join a gym when i get better financially, but i can just about do everything at home with what I got.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #306
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Get a digital scale from target or walmart. They cost around 50.00 for a quality one. It wont be exact but it will at the least provide you with a baseline to start with.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #307
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
im seeing great results from home. Id join a gym when i get better financially, but i can just about do everything at home with what I got.
mine costs $10/month.

i stopped eating out 3 times a month to cover that cost.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #308
itwillboost
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
itwillboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
LOL seriously....

Lmao, my favorite thing is when those people weigh 300 and talk about how expensive car weight reduction cost.
itwillboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #309
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
mine costs $10/month.

i stopped eating out 3 times a month to cover that cost.
I eat out only once or twice a week now and that covers my juice costs...hahahahhahaha the gym to me is a nessecity bill, not a luxury. The human body needs atleast 5 hours of physical fitness a week to be healthy. To look good it takes more. To look great it takes sacrifce...
Old 04-15-2011, 11:25 PM   #310
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwillboost View Post
Lmao, my favorite thing is when those people weigh 300 and talk about how expensive car weight reduction cost.
Lol or they gut their cars out thinking that the interior panels, 10lb back seats and carpet is the problem and not them. Theres a reason why most racing seats are smaller than a 32 waste...
Old 04-16-2011, 12:58 AM   #311
jamg
Nissanaholic!

same here. it's a lifestyle.

a lifestyle to get to where you want to look like, and being able to maintain it.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:35 AM   #312
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
gym, protein, nutrition, supplements is like paying bills to me I have budget for it everymonth, even over car parts.
Bottom line is a HOBO could afford a gym membership. its 1$ per day.
I guarantee you could go outside of a 711 for 5 minutes every other day and pay for your gym membership.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #313
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
gym, protein, nutrition, supplements is like paying bills to me I have budget for it everymonth, even over car parts.
I guarantee you could go outside of a 711 for 5 minutes every other day and pay for your gym membership.
+++1111

Seriously if you cant afford a gym membership then you cant afford results. The grocery list alone is 10x more expensive than the freakin gym membership and all the steroids you'd need in a month. Have you looked at the price of chicken and salmon lately???? LOL bodybuilding is for the financialy stable person. Look at it like this, Work Wheels and pizza to eat and show off at the next meet or a 6 pack abs and some real arms to get some punani with at the next pool party. Your choice guys!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #314
itwillboost
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
itwillboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
+++1111

Seriously if you cant afford a gym membership then you cant afford results. The grocery list alone is 10x more expensive than the freakin gym membership and all the steroids you'd need in a month. Have you looked at the price of chicken and salmon lately???? LOL bodybuilding is for the financialy stable person. Look at it like this, Work Wheels and pizza to eat and show off at the next meet or a 6 pack abs and some real arms to get some punani with at the next pool party. Your choice guys!!!
Lol, that's why I rock stockers to work and the gym, than some sweet enkei's for the meets. You get that money from work, that bodybuilding from the gym, and that sweet ride from your leftover time lol. Body building takes alot of time, but doesnt waste time. It's all about time management and smart decisions.
itwillboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #315
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Look at it like this, Work Wheels and pizza to eat and show off at the next meet or a 6 pack abs and some real arms to get some punani with at the next pool party. Your choice guys!!!
but you only have to buy wheels once! lol

i did a pretty good leg workout yesterday (squats, leg curls/extensions, calf raises) thank god my clutch pedal is light I probably couldn't have driven home from the gym had I installed a stage 3 lol
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:37 PM   #316
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
but you only have to buy wheels once! lol

i did a pretty good leg workout yesterday (squats, leg curls/extensions, calf raises) thank god my clutch pedal is light I probably couldn't have driven home from the gym had I installed a stage 3 lol
lol... no way on buying wheels once. youknow you gotta change it up everyonce in a while.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:52 AM   #317
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Bottom line if you cant get your diet, routine, time, life straight, then you will not see results.
Its proven that people who are in shape are much more successful than those who arent.
This shit is hard work, dedication, blood, sweat and tears.
But what you do in the gym and the goals you set and complete while you are there will transform your life outside of it.
NO ONE WILL HAND YOU THIS SHIT. YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR IT! BOTTOM LINE.

"SWEAT EQUITY BITCHES!"- Greg Plitt

lol
Old 04-17-2011, 01:21 AM   #318
jamg
Nissanaholic!

you CAN workout without weights, and get good results.

but you are going to have to change your goals.

also, you CAN workout at home, by buying all of your gym equipment and weights. there are plenty of people who do.

but i just like the environment of the gym more.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:58 AM   #319
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
s13 gym

the gym atmosphere is ok but i prefer small and secluded! Any of u guys participate in competitions? I doing an event in a few weeks a squat max and bench press rep contest! I can do my body weight at least 20 times, i weigh 170 lbs! I really care about the squatting part of the contest im hoping to squat ant where from 475 - 500 lbs. I do 3 sets of 5 with 415. i haven't maxed out in a while but i think i will be good!
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:04 AM   #320
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post

Ehh some gyms are ripp offs. A few around here are 40-45, or so I hear. My 24hr Fitness is from like the early 90s so I only pay $23 :ghey:

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #321
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

My golds gym with free daycare(ive got 2 runts), tanning and a freaking cardio cinema costs 19.00 per month. Just think of a movie theatre with treadmills and stairmasters instead of seats with cupholders. It makes 1 hour cardio sessions flyby. They only play fast paced current action movies.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #322
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i used to go to a gym back in 07 til they closed, was 15 a month, small athletic club, was cool, so i know what to expect.

I may be flying out of state soon for a few weeks, where I wont have access to work out due to visiting family /my grandpa is ill . I really dont want to lose much of what I gained so far, so any suggestions on stuff I can do?
Old 04-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #323
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Supplements? Who uses them? (didnt read through the thread)

(eg- http://www.lifemana.com/285.html)

I will drink some protein mix after a workout, but I've had coaches tell me it's "only going down the toilet" and a good ol' PB&J will be better.

I've been doing this for about a month now an I have noticed incremental weight gain (which is my goal overall)

Is this just a waste of $$? Could I be seeing the same results of I just added to my diet and cut out the drink?
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #324
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
i used to go to a gym back in 07 til they closed, was 15 a month, small athletic club, was cool, so i know what to expect.

I may be flying out of state soon for a few weeks, where I wont have access to work out due to visiting family /my grandpa is ill . I really dont want to lose much of what I gained so far, so any suggestions on stuff I can do?
pushups, situps, pullups, and lunges

Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post

(eg- Protein Drink Mix)

I will drink some protein mix after a workout, but I've had coaches tell me it's "only going down the toilet" and a good ol' PB&J will be better.

I've been doing this for about a month now an I have noticed incremental weight gain (which is my goal overall)

Is this just a waste of $$? Could I be seeing the same results of I just added to my diet and cut out the drink?
if you need to ask, eat PB&J then.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #325
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post

(eg- Protein Drink Mix)

Stuff is legit.

http://www.universalnutrition.com/fe...realgains.html

-Jorge
Old 04-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #326
jamg
Nissanaholic!

supps arent going to make you big.

food is.

real food>any supp.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #327
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

I got big faster with than without, eating habbits stayed the same...

-Jorge
Old 04-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #328
jamg
Nissanaholic!

youre doin it wrong
Old 04-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #329
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Well im no doctor, but to me protien is protien. Its way more convenient to blend one up with the proper nutrients than having to spend 30-40min cooking one up.

And if I were doing it wrong I dont think I would have gained 5lbs in 6 days.

-Jorge
Old 04-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #330
jamg
Nissanaholic!

the quality of protein bro.

5lbs of what? water retention? fat?

i know for a fact that it's not 5lbs of muscle.