Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:34 AM   #301
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This build is baller.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:21 PM   #302
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So jelly of this car but i'd glad it went to this guy. You are taking great care of it!
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:46 AM   #303
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Over the weekend, I was able to pick up my exhaust manifold from the welder. HKS manifolds have really beefy tubing...way thicker than normal manifold and good welds so it is less prone to cracking than most manifolds. However I've personally seen a HKS manifold cracked so I wanted to make sure this brand new one is braced like other manifolds to prevent that. After all, I don't want to waste my time taking it off if it does crack and plus HKS manifolds are almost impossible to come by these days. I think this brace will do great.

Origin Fabrication is the shop that did this for me. Top notch welding work.

garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:28 PM   #304
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Man, I love your attention to details with this build. And I also like that you're taking your time with it. Too many people think it's a constant sprint to the finish.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:57 AM   #305
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

I received my clutch in from south bend/dxd racing yesterday. I custom ordered this clutch because the standard clutch for sr20 has a sprung disc. On S15, they have a dual mass flywheel. I did not know this before but you need a unsprung disc if you have a dual mass flywheel.

I had trouble finding a unsprung clutch in the market. I think the only one I could find for a reasonable price was ACT. I think OS Giken and ORC had one but they were well over 1k.

I had a dxd racing clutch in my previous car and loved it. Great price, great pedal feel, held plenty of power and never had any issues with it. So I called John at south bend clutch to see if I can custom order a unsprung disc with the sr20 clutch. He said not a problem so I asked what the turnaround is...expecting several weeks. He tells me just an extra day. Ordered it, took 2-3 days to make, shipped it out and was at my door in just 2-3 days.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:54 PM   #306
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Cluchmasters FX500 is an unsprung setup as well. Pedal feel is stock and holds 500 ft lbs (at the wheels). Price is about $390 shipped and I have had very good luck with them on several different vehicles (Just a FYI).

Great build! Keep it up.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:08 PM   #307
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Do you get cheaper prices calling Southbend as apposed to buying from a vendor?
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:03 PM   #308
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Cluchmasters FX500 is an unsprung setup as well. Pedal feel is stock and holds 500 ft lbs (at the wheels). Price is about $390 shipped and I have had very good luck with them on several different vehicles (Just a FYI).

Great build! Keep it up.
Damn that's good to know. I never had experience with clutchmasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Do you get cheaper prices calling Southbend as apposed to buying from a vendor?
Not really. It is actually cheaper through a vendor. I did ask them to price match with the cheapest vendor I could find and they came within 20-30 dollars of them. Free shipping and no sales tax so I just went through them direct.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:44 AM   #309
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Old 02-11-2016, 09:07 AM   #310
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Did you buy your intercooler kit already? Which one did you get and did you have to notch your frame rails? I cant see from the pics
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:46 AM   #311
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Did you buy your intercooler kit already? Which one did you get and did you have to notch your frame rails? I cant see from the pics
Yes I did. I originally had a S13 intercooler core and use S14 piping. It was a Greddy RSPL that I had laying around. That core would have required me to either 1) cut clearances in the frame rail 2) cut the bumper to fit (requires a lot of cutting)

So that's when I went back and forth on a few different kits...mainly between Greddy and Blitz since those are really the only 2 affordable ones out there right now. I also had considered buying a garrett core and welding custom endtanks.

I ended up buying a brand new Blitz LM kit off a zilvia member for 500 bucks which is a crazy steal. I believe since the Blitz LM is fitted for S14/S15 it sits in the proper place so you don't have to cut the frame rails. There is minor cutting of the bumper required though.

Then few weeks later a brand new ARC FMIC popped up on ebay. The lowest I could get the price down was 1400 iirc. I was so tempted but then I stepped back and thought...what's the point. A FMIC is going to get banged up with rock chips and it would suck to mess a ARC up. Plus you won't really see it once the bumper is all installed.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #312
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelu View Post

Then few weeks later a brand new ARC FMIC popped up on ebay. The lowest I could get the price down was 1400 iirc. I was so tempted but then I stepped back and thought...what's the point. A FMIC is going to get banged up with rock chips and it would suck to mess a ARC up. Plus you won't really see it once the bumper is all installed.

QFT!! Not sure why anyone would spend that kind of coin for a brand name..... In addition, the (ARC) cores are nothing out of the ordinary and the typical Greddy RSPL core would cool just as well, without impeding airflow and minimal pressure drop.

Glad you used common sense thinking instead of "Omergaerd!! ARC!! BJ please!!!" and said "Da fuq?!?! Who the hell is going to know there is a run of the mill......sorry, ARC core in the bumper opening??"

Sure the fan boys are just foaming at the mouth with that choice

RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:45 PM   #313
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
If you purchased the Blitz kit, there's minimal modifications that needs to take place. It's the same one I had purchased for my old S15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
QFT!! Not sure why anyone would spend that kind of coin for a brand name..... In addition, the (ARC) cores are nothing out of the ordinary and the typical Greddy RSPL core would cool just as well, without impeding airflow and minimal pressure drop.

Glad you used common sense thinking instead of "Omergaerd!! ARC!! BJ please!!!" and said "Da fuq?!?! Who the hell is going to know there is a run of the mill......sorry, ARC core in the bumper opening??"

Sure the fan boys are just foaming at the mouth with that choice

Old 02-12-2016, 05:37 AM   #314
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Old 02-12-2016, 06:43 AM   #315
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Ugh, so stoked for you Kevin. My dream. One of these days... lol.

Can't wait to see this!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:31 PM   #316
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
looking damn good. gonna be so nice once its back on the road
Old 02-12-2016, 09:46 PM   #317
S15_Night_Rider

S15_Night_Rider is an unknown quantity at this point
So sick!

Just planning on sticking with the stock Spec R aero/width of body and enjoying it that way?
S15_Night_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:29 PM   #318
SilviaForTheWin

SilviaForTheWin is an unknown quantity at this point
absolutely love your s15! only ever seen a couple that are this clean, so yours is one of the greats! hope my s13 will one day be on this level
SilviaForTheWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:21 PM   #319
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15_Night_Rider View Post
So sick!

Just planning on sticking with the stock Spec R aero/width of body and enjoying it that way?
Yup. S15's are one of the few cars that looks worse with a widebody/aero...imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaForTheWin View Post
absolutely love your s15! only ever seen a couple that are this clean, so yours is one of the greats! hope my s13 will one day be on this level
Thanks bro. Anyone can build a clean car...just need patience and a little money and time.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:35 PM   #320
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

My painter called me this morning to give me a few updates. The car is going through re-assembly and final touch ups. Detailer going to do his thing on Saturday. So looks like I'll be picking the car up next Friday!!!

Time to knock things off the list one by one. Only 1.5 months till my wedding so not too much time left.

ARC radiator got polished tonight. It was in pretty rough condition when I got it so went over it with 3000 and finished it with mother's mag polish.

Borrowed some tools from work. My job responsibilities mainly deal with tooling and torque for the past 6 years so over the years it is just habit to make sure every bolt is torqued to the right spec on my car. For some reason it was really difficult finding the torque spec for the compressor and exhaust housing bolts. But finally found it...18-21 Nm. So I borrowed a torque wrench from work and set it to 20 Nm. The click wrenches from work allow interchangeable ends. It's impossible to get to most of the bolts on the turbo with a socket. So I was able to torque all of them with a open end and boxed end on the click wrench I had.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:56 PM   #321
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Totally forgot that you had that ARC rad. I can't wait to see pictures of this thing in the sunlight!

Old 02-18-2016, 03:52 PM   #322
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Great turbo!

Finally got mine tuned and it pulls very nice.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 05:38 AM   #323
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Updated pic from my painter. Looks like it just needs final detail and then I can pick it up. Today I'll be cleaning the 3 year old dust that has collected on my parts so they will be ready to install as soon as the car gets back to the shop.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:40 AM   #324
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
hope to see you at import alliance sportin those Yeezys
Old 02-28-2016, 06:41 PM   #325
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Went ahead and replaced all the exhaust manifold studs. The original ones were a little corroded.

Installed Tomei rocker arm stoppers today.

I decided to run aeroquip stuff this time around. I looked into XRP but their stuff is ridiculously expensive compared to aeroquip. Caterpillar, where I work, uses mostly aeroquip as an OEM for hoses and plumbing so its great stuff. Plus I can go down to the summit racing store on the way home from work and grab it whereas XRP you'd be waiting a week or 2 for it.

Got everything routed nice and tucked behind the turbo. All I need is a 120 degree -6 fitting for the turbo. I bought a 90 degree and it hits the wastegate arm.

Tomei is making some killer stuff. Great fitment and quality.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:06 PM   #326
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Went to go check on the car this past Friday. There are a few issues that need to be fixed by the body shop so goin to have to wait another week or so before I can take it back to the garage.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:36 AM   #327
wsmiteh
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
wsmiteh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looking great, always love seeing builds like this.
wsmiteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:15 AM   #328
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Simply amazing Kev. Attention to detail is fantastic man!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:31 PM   #329
Will.
Leaky Injector

Will. is an unknown quantity at this point
hey kev, its w2tang from Instagram,

amazing build!
Will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:25 PM   #330
S15_Night_Rider

S15_Night_Rider is an unknown quantity at this point
So beautiful! Love fantasizing about bolting together my S15, with everything either new or cleaned/refurb'd.
S15_Night_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote