Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #301
Kouki Chick
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Kouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kouki Chick
Yeah dunno what else to do with the gauges, I have never liked the pillar but it was my last resort. The dash and interior is 110% perfect. I have cd player, ac, defi controller and all that jazz in that area so I am kinda outta ideas as to what to do with the gauges though I have always been open to suggestions. Gotta keep the a/c and heater controls due to this being my daily..

As for "Ice" I have a pioneer (I think) cd player, ipod adapter and infiniti's all the way around. No bumps..thumps...nothing special.

Now I need to install the manifold and avcr. Next up will be rear suspension, new kit, and hopefully new wheels..
Kouki Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #302
harangatang
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
harangatang can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouki Chick View Post
Yeah dunno what else to do with the gauges, I have never liked the pillar but it was my last resort. The dash and interior is 110% perfect. I have cd player, ac, defi controller and all that jazz in that area so I am kinda outta ideas as to what to do with the gauges though I have always been open to suggestions. Gotta keep the a/c and heater controls due to this being my daily..
lol
just get a STACK
done and done
nice car btw!
harangatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:43 PM   #303
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
or ATI gauge pod, i'm going this route on mine so i can install a full cage... i know it only holds 2 but i'm sure stu can come up with something creative for the other one

ATI EZ Pod Dual 52mm Dash Gauge Holder S14 Nissan 240SX

Old 04-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #304
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
stack or run a setup like stews , or start cuttin 52mm holes in ur dash lol
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #305
Kouki Chick
Zilvia Member

Kouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Fielding...Ribbit ribbit. That totally reminds me of frog eyes haha.

No holes in dash..or anywhere.

Petty really had me going on the AIM but damn they're expensive!
Old 04-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #306
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
hahaha its not too bad! mine will have white faced gauges both OEM and in the pod, so should mesh well...

here's a random google image shot, and i'll post pics of mine when it comes in.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:25 PM   #307
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
id relocate your climate control to somewhere you dont mind (even inside the center console) and mount the gauges in place of it, like this. Arturo's car, xxchurroxx on here.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #308
MeanS14
Zilvia Junkie

MeanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Aubrey have you thought about getting the kignition design radio bezel delete?
The only thing it would get rid of is your cigarette lighter and change tray

Here's a pic of it in a 14
MeanS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #309
reaxion
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
reaxion is making a name for him/her selfreaxion is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to reaxion
hot damn man props on a clean ass build
reaxion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #310
s14sport
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
s14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
hey aubre! its been a long time...car looks awesome!!
s14sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #311
Kouki Chick
Zilvia Member

Hey Jeremy how have you been? Long time no chat..hows the s14? and did you get the z?

That kognition design is a lot closer to what I would rather use..only bad thing is you cant see your gauges easily...hmm so indecisive.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:31 AM   #312
s14sport
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
s14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Me and my wife Silvia are doin good. Our relationship has been kinda rocky, but, we decided to stay together and work it out... The 'thing' with Fairlady was just that...a fling and it didn't last...

So now, I'm pulling out the motor to do a few more things to it and adding alil 'kouki chick' bling to it. Plus re-doing the whole interior to increase driver happiness.

I guess I should start my own build thread soon...alittle late, but, whatever.

Good to see you're up and running and looking good as hell!
s14sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #313
MeanS14
Zilvia Junkie

MeanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

That kognition design is a lot closer to what I would rather use..only bad thing is you cant see your gauges easily...hmm so indecisive.
Yeah I feel the same way. All my gauges are warning/peak hold so I don't need to keep a constant eye on them
MeanS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #314
Kouki Chick
Zilvia Member

Elite GTR..I present to you your old wheels..

Don't kill me...

Please?
Old 06-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #315
Johny5
Post Whore!

Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
mmmm silver
Old 06-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #316
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
hot hot hot.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #317
EliteGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
EliteGTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
ahhh wtf! silver! white on white would of looked so hot. oh well, silver will still look just as good. hurry and put them on the car
EliteGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #318
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self
YouTube - Peter Frampton-Baby I love your way
lookn sharp

unionautoclub.com
dori_sil8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #319
Banda1d

Banda1d is an unknown quantity at this point
wow clean build keep it up..
Banda1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:35 PM   #320
papa
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
papa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to papa
ugggh white and silver <3
Old 06-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #321
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:

As for "Ice" I have a pioneer (I think) cd player, ipod adapter and infiniti's all the way around. No bumps..thumps...nothing special.

Now I need to install the manifold and avcr. Next up will be rear suspension, new kit, and hopefully new wheels..
The cleanest is usually the simplest, Try the greddy informeter touch and the boost sensor. Pm me if you want to pick one up bnib for a great price!

IG Holy_khal
deadghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #322
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
I HATE GIRLS WITH NICE CARS...

like seriously.

shits kinda intimidating. Raced a pretty lady in a 2g allwheeler with a 16g/smim/fmic and stuff a few years ago... She launched it on me pretty hard - I was nervous as hell until i got past her. I dont wanna do pulls with her anymore in case something happens where i cant catch back up :P

plus shes stronger than me.

i like ur car tho... just stay away from philadelphia so u cant beat me up

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #323
Kouki Chick
Zilvia Member

Yeah so I still have a bit to go. I need to sell the AME's..buy black valve stems, tires, repair my current aero prior to a quick respray and toss in the vertex wing. The car is supposed to be done by the end of the month to make it into Vibrant Performance's product catalog for 2010.. that means the paper weights have got to go first.
I am kinda at a blah moment with the car. My never ending love hate relationship. Sometimes I think of semi-parting it out then I know I would hate it with crappier parts on it. Sometimes I think I'd like to get rid of it completely..then I look at it and it makes me smile.
I took it to the last event or one of them and spent all day trying to learn how to master transitioning and it just pissed me off. By the end of the day I had it, though I can't say I could tell you what I did or be able to do it again. I easily got down the 1st to 2nd clutch kick and throw which is super awesome..and as Matt Petty would say I use "Mantry's". It is said my driving style is aggressive and fun to watch but I have no patience for learning. I want to go there, know it, and do it with my eyes closed. We will see what happens..maybe after the new stuff I will fall in love with it all over again..
Oh and Angle?? MA? Stew? What?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:27 PM   #324
silcoupeguy987
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
silcoupeguy987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
I am kinda at a blah moment with the car. My never ending love hate relationship. Sometimes I think of semi-parting it out then I know I would hate it with crappier parts on it. Sometimes I think I'd like to get rid of it completely..then I look at it and it makes me smile.

^^ im the exact same way

although i did semi part out my car it was not long till i had all the parts i got rid of back, plus more lol

let me tell you one thing, i thought i was tired of my coilovers till i got stock suspention...... god it felt like a boat!!!!!
silcoupeguy987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #325
Kouki Chick
Zilvia Member

Oh that's one thing I would never sacrifice. Coilovers were my first purchase and I could never go without them..See it as a backbone
Old 06-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #326
jbuckley
BANNED

jbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of light
pics on car , pics on car ????
jbuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #327
Kouki Chick
Zilvia Member

I should say the same to you..pics on car Josh..pics ON CAR!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #328
speedracerturbo
Leaky Injector

speedracerturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to speedracerturbo
would you completely hate me forever, if i was to steal your pink valve cover idea. ITS HAWT! im VERY impressed by your car
speedracerturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #329
jbuckley
BANNED

jbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of light
jbuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #330
NMs14.5kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (38)
NMs14.5kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
how much you trying to sell wheels for? i might be interested send me a pm about them. what problems were you having with transitioning?
NMs14.5kouki is offline   Reply With Quote