Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:48 PM   #301
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
older 4 cam v8 just get called quad cam, mostly because that is what they were called at the time. to say a car had a quad cam motor implied that it was atleast a v6
Old 09-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #302
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Heres some pics, surprisingly it only took a few hours of fabwork and bracketry. All i need is an intercooler and a tune and i can drive it, intercooler is en-route, tune is what im missing/ dont know where to get.

pics

Old 09-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #303
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
YouTube - VH45de s14 supercharged first start
Old 09-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #304
Nezahualcoyotl
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Nezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
quick updates. i like.
nice set of tires
Nezahualcoyotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #305
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
jesus.....
Old 09-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #306
nissansrbetter16
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
nissansrbetter16 is making a name for him/her selfnissansrbetter16 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
holy hell that thing is going to be nasty
nissansrbetter16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:55 PM   #307
southerncross
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
southerncross is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dammit i want video with sound and hauling ass sequence. i think this is my favorite swap so far.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #308
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
You are amazing pure and simple.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:19 PM   #309
mondojackal
Zilvia Member

mondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to mondojackal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
so next time i see one of these

i'll be sure to call that thing a 275 GTB-DOHC
Good thing that car has a DOHC motor. The guy you quoted was right. A "quad-cam" car with two heads is still a DOHC setup. Just as how a "twin-cam" car can still be SOHC (i.e. SOHC 4.6 liter modular motor). Quit bringing up stupid stuff in this thread.

And I totally agree with southerncross. I can't wait to see this beast in action!
Old 09-12-2009, 04:05 AM   #310
BENRYS

Trader Rating: (1)
BENRYS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hey mate, as i said via pm. i think ya car is tops. i've been hesitant on what set up to do on my s14 (twin turbo of supercharged or trumpets). this however has made me a bit more happy cos i now know it'll fit.

this is my s14 i'm building. and i also got the mazworx kit. but because i'm in australia, and we drive on the other side of the road, i've had to get rid of clutch master cyl/booster.

but one thing i wanted to ask you, wanna send me the brackets for ya charger (my welder broke) LOL

best of luck with the build champ. i wanna see specifics on the charger and dyno results
BENRYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:46 AM   #311
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
your an animal.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:43 AM   #312
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
how bout having the best of both worlds and twincharging the ish*?
redline racer510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #313
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Holy macaroni.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:48 PM   #314
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

all the bracketry and oil feed are done, intercooler is also mounted, tommorow intercooler piping, blow off valve and oil return.

pics of pulley and belt arangements

Old 09-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #315
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
I saw that you're trying to figure out what the hell to do for a tune. I recently installed a Gen I AEM EMS in my miata that's making 18psi on a stock long block with a wipple. The price on the GenIs has dropped to around a grand for a brand new one since the GEN II just came out. It looks like all kinds of people are using the honda boxes on all kinds of custom projects (part number 1050 I think). This is possible because all of the sensor inputs are fully configureable. For example I'm using RC injectors, GM 3 bar, and a GM air intake temp sensor inplace of the mazda stuff. Just tell the ECU what to expect and you're all good. Plus the AEM has fun stuff like programable traction control, integral 2 step, and great logging software that is included at no extra cost. It would be some work, but it's an affordable solution.
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #316
2forty less

2forty less is an unknown quantity at this point
damn too bad this wasnt ready for last weeks fun in the rain lol. that would have been sick to slide around the big loop.
2forty less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #317
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

sicbastard i already ended up going with nistune, and ill be trying to fine tune myself, with help from a friend

todays work, intercooler done

Old 09-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #318
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
IC routing looks f'n perfect.
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #319
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Sick Build Brah.

How is the light output on those headlights?
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #320
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

wooh, what a day. i cant tell you the countless hours i spent doing the simplest of tasks, 2.5hrs to do the oil feed line, due to the proximity of the headers, frame rail, crossmemeber, motormount and steering, it was a nightmare, i had to weld up a tool just to get the damn thing out. needless to say everything is done. The ecu should be here wendsday and all i really have left is hook up the blowoff valve.
on to the pics

3 inch intercooler piping FTW!!

Everything back together

Welded a bung to the timing chain tensioner window access point for oil return.

Back side of the supercharger

Some vids

First crank up of the engine with boost, untuned of course just idling

YouTube - Vortech supercharged Vh45de s14

Ofcourse i couldnt resist myself, plus i needed to see how much it was boosting, so i pulled about 8-9 degrees at the CAS, and bumped up the fuel pressure, no incar unfourtunatly but you get the idea

YouTube - vortech supercharde vh45de s14 first drive

Well since i pulled so much timing across the rpm band plus bumped up the fuel pressure, plus being untuned it pretty much ran like crap, very sluggish and bucking and hesistating, really bad that is up until about 5500rpm, then it screams, theres so much left in it ofcourse once the tuning is done, but i feel like its gonna be a monster, fwiw boost hit peak of 8-9 psi at 7000rpm, im gonna go one size down on the pulley for now.

Special thanks to Abe for helping, and steve for the tuning.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #321
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Hell yea, get a smaller pulley!! I wanna see it do AT LEAST 12psi

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #322
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

i mean less boost lol, i think im gonna max the injectors at 8-9 psi
Old 09-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #323
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
damn this build is so sick!
Old 09-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #324
S13SILVIA|E46M3
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
S13SILVIA|E46M3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
This car is KickAss. Makes me want a VH real Bad!
S13SILVIA|E46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:27 PM   #325
2forty less

2forty less is an unknown quantity at this point
sick cant wait to see it friday night

how are you going to squeeze an air filter in there? that looks awfully tight between the blower and core support
2forty less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #326
sil80 monster
BANNED

Trader Rating: (5)
sil80 monster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
sooo clean, i love it!!!!!
sil80 monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:37 AM   #327
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
real nice, lets see that Dyno Graph

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:17 AM   #328
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
real nice, lets see that Dyno Graph
appointment for dyno on friday
Old 09-22-2009, 07:51 AM   #329
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

rican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to rican_nick
nasty! good stuff man.

My Seller's Review Thread
rican_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #330
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
appointment for dyno on friday
I request a vid of said event.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote