Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #301
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
The wangan midnight anime was pretty good TBH
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #302
meteorite_flo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
meteorite_flo is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm into more serious anime.

Here's my favorites:

Name/title: Beck
Genre: comedy, drama, slice of life
Theme: music
Plot summary: Tanaka Yukio, better known by his nickname Koyuki is a 14 year old who feels disconnected from life in general. Through the act of saving a mismatched dog, he meets guitarist Minami Ryuusuke, and becomes involved in Ryuusuke's new band BECK. Koyuki's life starts to change as the band struggles towards fame.

Name/title: Honey and Clover 1 & 2
Genre: comedy, drama, slice of life, romance
Theme: fine arts
Plot summary: Takemoto Yuuta, Mayama Takumi, and Morita Shinobu are college students who share the small apartment. Even though they live in poverty, the three of them are able to obtain pleasure through small things in life. The story follows these characters' life stories as poor college students, as well as their love lives when a short but talented 18 year old girl called Hanamoto Hagumi appears.
meteorite_flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:24 AM   #303
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro21 View Post
Is Wangan midnight anime anything like the movie? Cause that movie was entertaining but cheesy.
I guess thats up to you to decide. Not as fun or good as Initial D, IMO... but it's ok.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jglD51ZJUFs
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:40 AM   #304
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Damn I've been trying to step my anime up lately.

I'm finishing up Angel Beats! right now, which is a pretty good anime in my opinion.
Bakemonogatari is my favorite by far from last year. Animation is beautiful and the story is dope, imo.

I'm watching Kimi Ni Todoke which I find pretty fucking funny. Also started Code Geass and trying to start Shiki

Naruto is def. a watching anime. Soul Eater is pretty dope, but I haven't gotten that far into it.

I like a bunch of different shit, but I've been really into those drama/romance ones lately. Kind of a guilty pleasure lol, but the stories are always worth it. I agree that not all Gundam series are good, but Gundam Unicorn is pretty chill so far. 08th MS team and Gundam Wing were some of my favs. I never got around to watching 00 or SEED which I hear are good.
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #305
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
I found Wangan Midnight very entertaining
but not as good as Initial D
high school student can afford to build a car like that - garage, motor tear downs, etc.
top tuners do work for free...!? right
and the main guy is kind of annoying

Beck sound like something I would like
funny, I've known of it for years but never developed any interest
I'll see if I can track it down

NANA might be something Beck fans may also enjoy - drama with music subplot
oh and can't forget Detroit Metal City... lol
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #306
SinGarage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
SinGarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Haven't been watching animes lately but my wife got me into "kore wa zombie desu ka" and "beelzebub". Pretty funny IMHO.
SinGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #307
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
I forgot I recently saw finished

Desert Punk

gotta say pretty awsome. very funny, lots of very very dark humor in this one!
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #308
ManoNegra

ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Well I started watching BECK last night
simple plot and production value isn't very high but I'm hooked
rock band theme anime? I'm in
Old 03-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #309
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Beck is pretty dope. I started it awhile ago but just never finished it. I'll prob try to finish it up this week but I'm quite a fan of it.

Soundtrack is decent too for an anime.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #310
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

I started watching evangelion just now.

it's funny, I got into anime through gundam, and mecha anime's are my favorite. But I have yet to see evangelion even though its been recommened to me a billion times. 2 episodes deep and I am already loving it!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #311
jasonxle

Trader Rating: (1)
jasonxle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Well I started watching BECK last night
simple plot and production value isn't very high but I'm hooked
rock band theme anime? I'm in
Watch K-On its about a rock band
jasonxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #312
ManoNegra

the more I think about Eva the more it
seems to me like Gainax lost direction with it
the ending is so disjointed and nonsensical
but at the time it was so ahead of it's time that it became cult
hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonxle View Post
Watch K-On its about a rock band
seen it, not memorable though
if slice of life and moe stuff is you thing then sure it's very good at that

damn, that BECK opening song is so damn catchy
Old 03-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #313
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by word sux View Post
I have been meaning to see ergo proxy just havn't gotten around to it
Ergo proxy probably had the most cathyiest fucking opening song ever, almost like a nickelback number 1 hit or something and I hate nickelback.

The show's animation quality is what hooked me, but once I got to the end I was just disappointed.

stuff I think everyone should watch

Katekyo Hitman Reborn - high school comedy which turns into bad assery later on.

Death Note - I hear the manga ending is WAAAAY better, I googled it and it wasn't much different than the anime really. It was just really fascinating how the writer thought of all of these fullproof scenarios and just when you think you discovered a plot hole BAM they address it in a future episode.

Summer Wars - my girlfriend hates anime and she thought this was a wonderful movie.

very clever series.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #314
ManoNegra

really, I found the ending of Ergo Proxy pretty poignant and satisfying
I agree with everything you say Dwayne
i grabbed Summer Wars in 1080p and my hardware is having difficulties playing it back
fuuu.... only seen about 20 mins of it but really looking forward to it
looks like something Murakane would do

Hitman Reborn... lol... I tried watching it and couldn't get past a few episodes

did you check out Beelzebub yet?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:30 PM   #315
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Oh hey I saw Summer Wars

It was pretty good despite the theme
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:07 AM   #316
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Shit Summer Wars looks sick.

As far as movies, besides the typical, I recommend Tekkonkinkreet. I think the animation is fucking sick, Summer Wars kind of reminds me of it. It's fucking beautiful honestly. The story is good imo also, but some people didn't like it.

I watched 5cm Per Second the other day. If you are prepared to watch something kind of sad, then that's a fantastic movie to watch and the animation is beautiful as well.

I think I am gonna watch Summer Wars right now
Old 03-24-2011, 02:10 AM   #317
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
Oh hey I saw Summer Wars

It was pretty good despite the theme
the person that wrote/directed summer wars actually did digimon 2 the movie : the plot and theme pretty much are EXACTLY the same.

but then you'd be labeled a gay for watching digimon.

Nah no bezelbub, haven't watched anything on crunchyroll due to their servers being super shitty as of late.

If you come to the 626 meet on friday Juan and have a ps3 I have summer wars on blu ray if you want to borrow it.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:19 AM   #318
josephin510
Zilvia Junkie

josephin510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftphunk View Post
I watched 5cm Per Second the other day. If you are prepared to watch something kind of sad, then that's a fantastic movie to watch and the animation is beautiful as well.

I think I am gonna watch Summer Wars right now
5cm per second was something different but good.
I think i need to watch this Summer Wars
Old 03-24-2011, 02:33 AM   #319
GeneStarWindGSW
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
GeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant futureGeneStarWindGSW has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
my name says it all lol.

there is a lot of good animes out there. miss the good ol days

btw 5cm per second was definitely something i wasn't expecting when i saw it.
GeneStarWindGSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #320
ManoNegra

thanks Dwayne but no PS3 or bluray player
I got one of these networked to my laptop which has a couple of external hard drives attached

I think that if I reboot and not run anything on the background
I may be able to watch it without hiccups

saw 5cm Per Second recently too
was pretty good but left me wanting more
reminds me of I Can Hear The Ocean
Old 03-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #321
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

can anyone give me a list of good movies to watch? Most of the anime's I have seen are series except maybe vapire hunter d and the armitage movies.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #322
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
I found Wangan Midnight very entertaining
but not as good as Initial D
high school student can afford to build a car like that - garage, motor tear downs, etc.
top tuners do work for free...!? right
and the main guy is kind of annoying
I totally agree. I thought Initial D took the cake on "THAT'S BULLSHIT!!!" moments... But no, oh no... Wangan Midnight is the King! The most tradgically hilarious one I can remember was the guy who built that insane R33 and he goes on a rant about how highway racing is superior to training on a circuit track. And then this asshole lets his business go bankrupt trying to beat that old ass Z...

Not too mention the dickhead who left his pregnant wife so he could keep streetracing... LOLWTF...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #323
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I totally agree. I thought Initial D took the cake on "THAT'S BULLSHIT!!!" moments... But no, oh no... Wangan Midnight is the King! The most tradgically hilarious one I can remember was the guy who built that insane R33 and he goes on a rant about how highway racing is superior to training on a circuit track. And then this asshole lets his business go bankrupt trying to beat that old ass Z...

Not too mention the dickhead who left his pregnant wife so he could keep streetracing... LOLWTF...

yea I wish my dad would buy me a formula atlantic motor
Old 03-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #324
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Summer Wars hummm seems to be popular choice i'll have to check it out.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:07 AM   #325
ManoNegra

finished BECK last night
kinda bummed on how they rushed it at the end
guess they tried to finish the story quickly when they didn't get a second season greenlit
overall I liked the show
but that's no surprise since I love music
objectively it isn't very good though
the band BECK tries to be a JDM RATM but doesn't come close
and Koyuki is supposed to be this amazing singer but that just doesn't come across to me
I rate it a 7 out 10 and would recommend it to music/anime
Old 03-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #326
SinGarage
Zilvia Addict

Just an FYI. Anybody watching beelzebub, there won't be any new episodes anytime soon. The makers location was one of the ones that was greatly hit in the tsunami.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #327
Mew2Senshi: The Driver

Mew2Senshi: The Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneStarWindGSW View Post
my name says it all lol.
I totally forgot about Outlaw Star! That series rocked!
Mew2Senshi: The Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #328
ManoNegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinGarage View Post
Just an FYI. Anybody watching beelzebub, there won't be any new episodes anytime soon. The makers location was one of the ones that was greatly hit in the tsunami.
ep 10 is out

things are slowly starting to pick up again
looking forward to a few of the news shows
hope scheduling won't be severely affected by recent events
Old 03-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #329
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew2Senshi: The Driver View Post
I totally forgot about Outlaw Star! That series rocked!

yea i saw outlaw star a long time ago

fucking awsome
Old 03-28-2011, 12:19 AM   #330
SinGarage
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
ep 10 is out

things are slowly starting to pick up again
looking forward to a few of the news shows
hope scheduling won't be severely affected by recent events

Yup. Just watched it yesterday with the wifey. It seemed like a filler but supposedly in the manga. Hopefully the next episode has more action.