Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #301
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20detman View Post
i didnt even know you were there Lloyd?
i left at 1 lol, had to be home to catch up on sleep and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
are you an angel? because i want to put my penis in your vagina.
http://yourenotdown.net/
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #302
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (68)
kevmeistah21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kevmeistah21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee M Rolly View Post
i left at 1 lol, had to be home to catch up on sleep and stuff.

nice seeing you mang! andd happy birthday again.
Late Night Crew... #02 <3

Bought anything from me? Please leave me a review!

http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...meistah21.html
kevmeistah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #303
dRift_g0ddess
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (44)
dRift_g0ddess is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
These are the only pics I got :c Anyone get any pics of the 909 (60 freeway) caravan?

Old 05-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #304
Eazy_tom
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Eazy_tom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Thanks to the guy that gave me an my buddie some chicken!
It was kinda weird people were staring at us putting soda in the big cooler..
Eazy_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #305
curbhuggerrps13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
curbhuggerrps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to curbhuggerrps13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy_tom View Post
Thanks to the guy that gave me an my buddie some chicken!
It was kinda weird people were staring at us putting soda in the big cooler..
they were making sure u weren't gonna say tap tap.
curbhuggerrps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #306
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmeistah21 View Post
way to be late!

who left with my grill?

NP baby cakes. LATE ARRIVAL SWAG.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #307
silly240

Trader Rating: (0)
silly240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My first zomg experience this year had a great time got to meet a couple people and over eat as well lol, really hope this event dosn't have to die beacuse of a small group of people.
silly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #308
Team DET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
Team DET is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...ouchebags.html
Old 05-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #309
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
new blood homo's.
"New Blood Homos" LMAO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmeistah21 View Post
same guys that were drinking and smoking..
Thats pretty shitty.
Guess this is their first and last ZOMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik05v View Post
people need to stop with all the bs of gald i didnt go blah blah blah the bbq was great..................... this was my first time
The BBQ sucked dude.
There was a lot of sticker bombed crap in the parking lot.

This year is like riding the little 25cent ride outside the Lucky's grocery store, and the other years where like fucking Disneyland.

....well, maybe not that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjesus View Post
As for the IE guys, idk what to say, they did stay in a small group and keep to themselves, I tried my best to mingle with a lil of everybody....I'ma IE guy myself and also was like "wtf guys"
I feel that most car people are socially awkward to begin with. Especially 240 people.
I think thats the big problem with meets.
People need to nut up like they do online and just talk to people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUD240 View Post
I went to the Ratsun forum BBQ last year probably the best one I have ever been to they had 4 or5 bbq's going all with different stuff cooking people asking ya to try what they were making .
But most of the Ratsun guys are more mature and welcoming
Let me correct you, cause your not actually getting it.

But most of the Ratsun guys are older and have fucking jobs.

Thats the problem.
Why dont you lazy fucks get a god damn job, then you wont worry about sharing the fucking $20 in food that you brought.

Teddy will have another ZOMG.

The ZOMG's of the past where almost all people that ran their cars at the track or were at the core meets every week for years.
So everyone knew each other already.

This last year, there was a ton of people that own 240's but dont actually do anything with em.
So theres no real sense of community, since these people arent acutally involved in the community yet.

Just cause a guy has a pair of Nikes on doesnt mean we are a community or have anything in common. Just cause you drive a 240 doesnt mean i have anything in common with you.

A lot of new guys dont have anything in common with the original members of the BBQ. The original BBQ was mainly people that sank a lot of time and money into 240's, despite how the car looked.

So go do a couple 626 Drift or grip events, actually join the 240sx community and introduce yourself to people at the event.
I personally know I trust people that I meet at the track a lot more then some guy that owns a rattle can paint job, $1500 car and cant afford to bring anything to share.

And if people feel they can trust you, then its a good basis for bringing you into their circle, and makes for a better meet all around.
I would love to have more people in the community and to make new friends.

Despite the negative, I think it was mainly positive, I am glad everyone came.
And I dont think it was as bad as people made it.
Little antisocial vibe everywhere, but not horrible, lol.
There will be more, but maybe a list or invite only.
At the size it is now, it actually needs a person running it all day and volonteers, and thats not what it is about.
And thats no fun for Teddy to do.

Maybe there needs to be a seperate Zilvia/Nico BBQ, where its not a pot luck?

And next time we are hiking the trail behind the carousel to the old abandonded zoo, to look for Zombies.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #310
lalo167
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
lalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Pictures of 562 caravan and the bbq! ZOMGBBQ 2011 pictures by lalo_16 - Photobucket
Old 05-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #311
beeracing s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
beeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Damn that white S14 with white Cr kai rims is the cleanest of all S14s..so simple.. and its the closest to Hyper rev styling. white on white.
beeracing s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #312
Pignose Slider

Pignose Slider is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP-AE86 View Post
wasnt us. it came from a green sebring.
It was some idiot with a whack white hatchback with a black painted hatch running on donuts. TOTAL HONDA OWNER!!!!
Pignose Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #313
lalo167
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
lalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeracing s14 View Post
Damn that white S14 with white Cr kai rims is the cleanest of all S14s..so simple.. and its the closest to Hyper rev styling. white on white.
Yeah that was my fave out of all, that's why there's so many pics of it
Old 05-29-2011, 07:17 PM   #314
Pignose Slider

Pignose Slider is an unknown quantity at this point
I just want to say thanks for the food and drinks. First time there and it was pretty cool. Coming from the evo scene I get the comradery that comes from these community. There was some incidence's with food, but next time we could get more organized.

I know I'm a newbie, but just wanted to say thank you.
Pignose Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #315
E2EKIELR34
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
E2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond reputeE2EKIELR34 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Yeah I'm over it. I think that may have been the last zomgbbq.

People were charging 25 cents for forks, others were refusing to share food and were separating their stuff from others.

Not the vibe I like to see. This is supposed to be more of a family event but I was more annoyed about the whole day than anything.

What the fuck is wrong with the 240 scene? It wasn't like this before.
Good thing some of the SD kids didn't show up this year. Sorry to hear what happened Teddy.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #316
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by E2EKIELR34 View Post
Good thing some of the SD kids didn't show up this year. Sorry to hear what happened Teddy.

yea, i was planning on going to. i had a blast the last time i was there. I went back in 09 tho. that was my first. if you didnt bring food, you didnt get to eat. simple as that. seems easy that way.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #317
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
i'm under the impression that the zilvia members who have been around longer tend to look down on the newer guys...and that if you don't have X-brand rims or this brand part or that, then don't bother talking to them because you're just a bang wagoner. not all of the "og" members, but just enough to get the impression of elitism but whatever it happens...just felt like getting that off my chest.

My opinion? at this point since 240's are so trendy you almost have to expect a small contingent of riff-raff in any public event/meet not matter how many ground rules you establish. only way to really control that is to start charging admission, or don't advertise it on the internet; make it a word of mouth kind of thing.

so to those who are lamenting that the bbq wasn't the same, or that it's not worth going to anymore, make it a private affair next time. personally i wanted to go but my car's not done yet, it would have been nice to hang out with some of the 909 ppl i know as well as meet some new people. hopefully the next one will have better planning to minimize problems.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:06 PM   #318
LOUD240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
LOUD240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Mr.Eric Castro , I myself have a very good job Ibuild off road trucks and jeeps I also design and build 3 piece wheels for people that can actually afford a $10,000 set of wheels for their Bentley or Ferrari .I just personally dont dump my whole paycheck into a old 240sx that will never be worth more than $5000
I have been into car shows and "meets" since the mid '80's the trend in the 240 world is drift missles that never get washed or properly taken care of. Myself and Heather (Driftgoddess) spent the alot of hours detailing our cars so they would be presentable and show the pride we take in what we have built on tight budgets,
I agree with most of whats being said the new younger crowd is just into it because its the trend (like EMO beanies or 2 tone hair) lol Do I think holding a car together with zip ties is cool? NO! What I appreciate is craftsmanship and carefull layout. There were a lot of cars there (7-10) that were done well and done better than mine!
I just wish there wasnt as much bitching and bashing going on on Zilvia ,I personally thank and applaud Teddy for taking on this BBQ
LOUD240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #319
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
you guys are funny, there has been the "new crowd" since i was new 9 years ago.

and the bandwagoneers were always there. since d1 first came here.

what made you guys all see that this year all of a sudden.

they have been around the whole time. the group just changes every so often.

the ideal way to deal with them is, you say hello be nice and give them the same respect they give you. if they are only here cuz its a trend they will move on, and you will stay. done deal.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #320
LOUD240
Nissanaholic!

well said!
Old 05-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #321
Gizmo_S13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Gizmo_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I personally think this meet wouldve been great if people weren't so anti-social and stayed with their "cliques". the people I did talk to and hang with were great and I look forward to seeing all these people again in the future. It wasn't just that group of people that messed up the community. It's like they say, "it takes two to tango" and all these people who are complaining about it not being so inviting, " what did you do to fix that?" nothing! You just left, bitched, and complained.

Hachiroku, ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!!!
Gizmo_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #322
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUD240 View Post
lol Do I think holding a car together with zip ties is cool? NO!
You also probably dont drift the shit out of your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20detman View Post
you guys are funny, there has been the "new crowd" since i was new 9 years ago.

and the bandwagoneers were always there. since d1 first came here.

what made you guys all see that this year all of a sudden.

they have been around the whole time. the group just changes every so often.

the ideal way to deal with them is, you say hello be nice and give them the same respect they give you. if they are only here cuz its a trend they will move on, and you will stay. done deal.
I think its just the first time the bandwagoners really took over the BBQ in number.
Cause you dont ever have to deal with them at the track and its the reason you never see people that actually do it for the driving at Fatlace type events.

I just think it was a lot of new people at once.
Just need to lay better ground rules down next time.
Although i think its invite only from here on out anyways.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #323
curbhuggerrps13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
curbhuggerrps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to curbhuggerrps13
maybe teddy should hug everyone as they get out of the car
curbhuggerrps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #324
LOUD240
Nissanaholic!

You also probably dont drift the shit out of your car.
no just canyons an grip , just know how to put it back together correctly, lol
Old 05-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #325
Vatche
Post Whore!

Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
well, even though all i think about is tracking my car, i dont think that is all that is necessary to come to the bbq's eric

and im against the invite only thing.

i think the invite only thing should just be a different event, and should probably be done because it will hold together the core of the community.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:48 PM   #326
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Fonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fonix36 Send a message via Yahoo to Fonix36
so many people hatting on my smoking addiction, don't blame me blame big tabacco for making such amazing smokes.

DRiFT 4 A Cure!
Fonix36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #327
Vatche
Post Whore!

haha i heard it was illegal to smoke there and it was a 900$ fine so i didnt smoke much
Old 05-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #328
desertKAdrifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
desertKAdrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i say when people drive into the parking lot they should unpack what they brought at the entrance and then go park; "oh u didn't bring anything, bust a bitch and get something." Then have volunteers to drag all the stuff people brought to the tables. This way only contributers get in and all the stuff is in one spot for everybody to help themselves.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #329
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
invite only huh? so i guess no one from sd will be invited? that sucks.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #330
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
i was gonna go by myself with everything i could afford but my car isnt done. i dont know ANY of you guys except for matts13vert and he didnt go, my intentions were to meet 100% new people but i wasnt able to. maybe next year
DS562 is offline   Reply With Quote