Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #301
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
I understand that they were owned by the league at the time, but from my understanding of that trade, they vetoed the CP3 trade because they didn't want the Lakers to be stacked with 'superstars'. Do they not consider Dwight a superstar?

So now, the Lakers have:

PG - Nash
SG - Kobe
SF - World Peace
PF - Gasol
C - Dwight

can someone say, stacked?

xquizitditz
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #302
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
where's the bench?

i think the cp3 trade was vetoed more because of other owners whining and complaining to stern. no owner is bitching about d12 because he is a headcase now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #303
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
If Lakers pick up Meeks or Barbosa, that'd be a good start on a solid bench with Barnes and Jamison. Althought, Jamison really can't play D.

Is this the first team to have a "Big Four" or what? Haha.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #304
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Hornets is owned by the NBA, Magic isn't. NBA teams aren't happy about this trade but can't do anything about it.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #305
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod View Post
Damn Howard to LA, superteams taking over the NBA.

I wonder how many Laker fans think he is or will be the greatest, even if he wins 6+ rings

He's had Shaq, Gasol, Bynum, now Howard.. Not to mention Nash, the best point guard of the past decade.

I'm no Bulls fan either, I just have admiration for MJ. Gotta show some 'spect.
In a league where the Lakers, Celtics and Bulls have the majority of NBA championships I get annoyed everytime I hear someone make a comment about "Superteams" taking over the NBA. I understand that there are alot of new fans to the NBA that have zero clue about the history of the sport but the Media, mainly ESPN keeps adding fuel to the fire on this subject. The NBA has always been run by "Superteams" and the Small market vs Big market crap is bullshit as well. To this day the Miami Heat are a small market team but they're run better than most. Just ask Mickie about how much he makes on his T.V deal compared to the Knicks.... Hint: Heat $20M vs Knicks $120M per year. Yeah the League has always been unbalanced, it's all about your FO.

On another note, D12 to L.A? Best of all they kept Pau, someone should get the Knicks on the phone and tell them to take notes on how to run a franchise that seriously wants to build a championship contender without blowing their load on a overrated, overpaid wanna be elite player :cough: Melo :cough: Looks like we will finally have a Kobe vs Lebron NBA finals, 5 years to late but it will be good for the game. Too bad the Heat and Lakers can only play 2 games against one another during the season. Those games are sure to break records. The Thunder just lost their free pass to the finals.

Hey Phlip looks like those 3 bandwagon Thunder fans from the finals will be hictching a ride to the Lakers bandwagon come June. Better get your shotgun ready for them
Old 08-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #306
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
If Lakers pick up Meeks or Barbosa, that'd be a good start on a solid bench with Barnes and Jamison. Althought, Jamison really can't play D.

Is this the first team to have a "Big Four" or what? Haha.
i forgot about jamison and barbosa is not a bad combo guard backup. jamison should probably start ahead of ron artest at sf, but then again defense. maybe artest is a better start since they have enough offensive weapons with kobe, gasol, howard, and nash.

i kind of thought boston had a big four when rondo emerged to pair with garnett, allen, and pierce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
NBA teams aren't happy about this trade but can't do anything about it.
nba teams seem to always not be happy when other teams get stronger. i'm sure no one liked boston, the heat, lakers, etc. when they acquire multiple current/former all-stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
big market vs small market

Hey Phlip looks like those 3 bandwagon Thunder fans from the finals will be hictching a ride to the Lakers bandwagon come June. Better get your shotgun ready for them
i think the media should note a medium market too. haha. small markets to me are like milwaukee, Oklahoma, new orleans, etc. medium markets should be places like orlando, miami, hell even golden state since no one really talks about them even though it is one of the most expensive places to live in.

i liked the fact that they kept gasol. bynum seemed to want to take control of the front court offense and gasol is good at that. i see d12 with his offensive limitations better suited laying defense and grabbing boards and let pau handle the offensive load.

i don't recall there were 3 bandwagon thunder fans. okc has real fans? it's a pretty new franchise, unless they were former seattle fans.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #307
Teddy Bruckshot
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Teddy Bruckshot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I still think its likely that gasol will be traded this season, but other than that the lakers roster should be nice. Who are the bench players now??? Did they retain Matt Barnes and the others?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #308
Teddy Bruckshot
Zilvia Member

I'm surprised that the Lakers didn't fight for Igoudala. I thought they would try and keep him as a backup sg /sf just incase Kobe got injured like last year. Kobe is still a beast but I wonder if he will be injury prone in these last couple years. Thoughts?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #309
FRpilot
Post Whore!

this is an interesting article on yahoo.

The Los Angeles Lakers are about to acquire Dwight Howard, because the NBA is the best/worst | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports

guy makes a good point that the magic took a worse offer this time around compared to the brooklyn offer of lopez, brooks, 4 first rounders or the houston/lakers offer where they would at least get one of gasol or bynum.

they didn't really get much out in this deal accept for a bunch of junk players (maybe ok role players) along with those 3 first rounders. some people feels that afflalo is overpaid with the new contract he just signed. i am one of those people.

and funny how they called igoudala the ultimate denver nuggets player. i feel that golden state was in that mold for a few years when they were acquiring a bunch of young talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Bruckshot View Post
I'm surprised that the Lakers didn't fight for Igoudala. I thought they would try and keep him as a backup sg /sf just incase Kobe got injured like last year. Kobe is still a beast but I wonder if he will be injury prone in these last couple years. Thoughts?
the lakers would have had to got rid of someone else with a big contract (gasol) for iggy and that's not that great of a trade.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #310
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Shit, who would you wanna get for Gasol? The damn starting 5 is a damn all-star team already.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #311
enkei2k
Super Moderator

enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
I think their bench includes:

Antwan Jamison, Barnes, Blake, ...and a couple of others.

it's updated on the NBA website:
Lakers 2012-13 Roster | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS

xquizitditz
Old 08-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #312
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm glad that the Nuggets got Iggy without really giving anyone important up. For once they'll probably make it out the first round.

Also, I'm not really happy that they gave McGee a $44 million dollar deal...
Old 08-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #313
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
add meeks to the bench....

Quote:
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan
Lakers agree to terms w/ reserve SG Jodie Meeks on a 2-year deal for about $3 mill. 2nd yr is team option. Meeks is 37% career 3-pt shooter.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #314
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well if the lakers work out and not fall apart when they had shaq, malone, the glove, kobe...should be an interesting team. Their starting 5 all can run the floor. Then they can post up. Then they have the size in the middle to defend. They can hit mid to long range shots...The only liabilities are kobe's health, to some extent Nash's health (but he is usually pretty good with a few games here and there for his back) and Nash's d out on the perimeter. But...damn...

The long term risk is if d12 decides to stay after the season. lakers are rolling the dice he does since they got rid of bynum.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #315
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
I dont think Bynum would have stayed anyways. I think teams will put up more money for him that the Lakers are willing to pay him after his contract is up.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #316
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
The Magic man wow. The last 20 years for them seems like a repeating cycle of fed up superstars, and bad management.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #317
FRpilot
Post Whore!

i only recall shaq and dwight fed up.

tracy mcgrady was pretty much traded. i don't know if he was fed up, but i think he was enjoying his time there as the lone man putting up 30ppg.

grant hill pretty much stole $80M or whatever max contract he signed up for from the magic. haha

Quote:
Old 08-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #318
ray_dizzle33
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
ray_dizzle33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Bynum was a spoiled and arrogant player and I believe that there is a sigh of relief that he is gone regardless if he was finally living up to his long awaited expectations as an allstar center. Yes Howard left the magic on uneasy terms but this is business. He wants to win a championship and wouldn't be able to with the magic and especially in the East with the heat. Laker fans prepare for a bright future!
Old 08-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #319
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
The league owned the Hornets having a bigger say in vetoing the trade. The Howard deal is not the same case since the league doesn't own any of the 4 teams in the trade.
The leauge still has to approve the trade. Every trade needs to get approved, even a trade of scrubs. It wasn´t because of owernship or conflict of interests or contractual details that the league canceled the CP3 trade, it was for......basketball reasons....whatever the fuck that means.

Either way...the NBA is so predictable. We´ve been hearing about D12 to LA for YEARS and we act suprised. Then again we heard about LBJ to NY for years and Riley dun flipped the script and upset the masses who love their routine.

Now people are predicting LA vs Heat finals just as OKC vs Heat finals was predicted last offseason, lets see how that goes. Is everyone forgetting OKC has gotten better every year? The Clippers have one year of gelling together and have passed through the playoffs and gotten better players?

How much different are the Lakers compared to the Spurs as far as the age of their stars concerned? I would say there is depth issues there, but what the fuck does that matter, they said the same shit about the Heat....which BTW picked up Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis.

Also, I´m tired of this small market bullshit argument. OKC and the Spurs are small markets.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #320
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
No, I did not let the lack of activity in this thread stop me from discussing basketball anywhere at all. Tasked with covering basketball on a friend’s blog, I took on the task of profiling teams’ moves and assessing them as the offseason progressed.
As moves made may have changed and will need to be reassessed as the season more closely approaches, each post is dated, so please miss me with “well [this] has happened since then”.
New York (7/19)

LA Lakers (7/23)

New Orleans (7/25)

Orlando (7/27)

Phoenix (7/30)

Brooklyn (8/02)

Boston (8/03)

Dallas (8/06)

Chicago (8/07)

Minnesota (8/08)

Houston (8/10)

LA Clippers (8/14)

Charlotte (8/17)

OKC (8/22)

Memphis (8/24)

Atlanta (8/28)

Miami (8/29)

If your team is not on this list, it is because no one has any good reason to give a damn about them, for better or worse.

And I write too!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #321
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Even though the Suns will struggle to make the playoffs, I am still excited. I think Dragic, if he continues to develop can be a good solid point guard. I also have always like Scola and was surprised we got him. I think think Frye has needed to go for some time now but for whatever reason they keep him along. I think in the next few years, with being able to get some good draft picks and maybe a good solid scorer, we might have a bright future.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #322
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Brooklyn Nets reach deal with Andray Blatche -- source - ESPN New York

I know Blatche is a bonehead, but nice pickup for the Nets. The potential is there and he can produce if he would quit being so selfish with the ball. If it doesn't work out, he's only signed on for 1 year.

Quote:
Old 09-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #323
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Rose admits trying to injure Kobe

To those keeping score at home...
  • DUI Arrest
  • "Uncle Tom" comment
  • Shitting on the US Gymnastics use of 'Fab 5' despite the fact that US Gymnastics won
  • and now this

... fuck Jalen Rose

And I write too!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #324
FRpilot
Post Whore!

at first when i saw rose, i thought this was news about derrick rose and was kind of shocked. then i realized you were talking about jalen rose and i'm not surprised. jalen is pretty much washed up now anyways.

Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #325
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

I used to like J Rose...I always thought he was classy. I retract all that shit after that documentary he did a while back. Fucking ignorant dumbass comes to mind now...

Anyways, anybody saw this yet?
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/N...lopping-092712

CLICK HERE!!!

Last edited by fliprayzin240sx; 09-28-2012 at 11:15 AM..
Old 09-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #326
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
No more flopping? Well looks like the Heat are done then.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 09-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #327
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Rasheed Wallace to sign with New York Knicks Monday, back up Amar’e Stoudemire at power forward - NYPOST.com

What...the?

They should rename themselves the New York Retirement Center

xquizitditz
Old 09-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #328
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
You shut your fucking bipolar mouth! By virtue of joining the Knicks, 'Sheed is the 4th best PF in NBA history after Amar'e, Karl Malone, and Tim Duncan in that order!

And I write too!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #329
enkei2k
Super Moderator

What are you talking about?

Sheed Wallace is the #1 PF of ALL TIME!! ALL TIME!!!!

All time leader in technical fouls. At least this means less T's for Chandler/Stat right...?

xquizitditz
Old 09-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #330
Teddy Bruckshot
Zilvia Member

Ha ha. I think Sheed still leads the NBA in technical fouls!

REMEMBERING RASHEED

He’s not dead, but why not take the time to Remember Rasheed?

Rasheed Wallace was T’d up and ejected from the McDonald’s High School All-American Game.
“Some people say I’m mean and this and that. On one hand that’s cool. That keeps away all the riffraff and all the bugaboos.” - Rasheed Wallace

Allegedly psyched up teammates by yelling, “Let’s go out and play like we’re Chicago on NBA Jam.”
“Every time he took a shot he said, `Don’t worry young fella, I get paid for this. I get paid for doing this to you.’” - Kwame Brown, on Rasheed

Allegedly wore Timberlands during a mid-season Blazer practice.

As for Jalen Rose. I used to like him , but I am starting to see him as a a$$hole.
If I remember correctly he was defending Kobe on the night he scored his career
high 81 points. So payback has defiantly been dished out in my opinion.

Closed Thread