Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #3301
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i havent' tuned any cars really in this game besides a couple of random drift cars. Im talking about racing with the cars they give you in the special events. grip driving is indeed fun in anything but a mid/rear engine. but again this is just my opinion, other people obviously feel different. Rally is fun too, i love throwing those cars around in the corners.

the drifting is meh. to me all this game is, is an attempt to one-up Forza on what it lacks. smoke, steering angle, graphics, weather changes, car list, etc. but this game is full of flaws. seems as if they spent most of their time detailing those 200 out of a 1000 cars and forgot about the rest. then just recycled GT4 completely

like i said before im sticking with Forza.
4DOOR_LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #3302
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Anyone have any tuning tips for their cars for the A-spec Formula GT championship? I'm havin a hard time with Cote D'Azur and Suzuka. These cars are a bitch to maintain control of haha.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #3303
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Don't be too proud... TRACTION CONTROL!!! lol
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #3304
greddygalant
Leaky Injector

greddygalant is an unknown quantity at this point
I just bought a 599 GTB and set it up for drift, FANTASTIC car, so stable, tons of controllable power. I love it. Fully slammed. 12K all around. -2 toe up front, -3 camber up front -1.8 out back.
All power mods done, LSD settings stock.
greddygalant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #3305
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^Don't be too proud... TRACTION CONTROL!!! lol
Yeah, the only assist I had on was the ABS. What did you put your TCS at?
Old 07-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #3306
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Can't remember. Haven't used that car since I beat Like the Wind. Probably level 5. It still spun tires in every corner but feathering the throttle made it more controllable at least.

Kudos to the guy that actually gets that thing to drive right. Probably requires a steering wheel.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #3307
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Anyone have any of the cars required for the "Dream Race" trophy? Can I borrow please?

If you don't know:
- Ford Mark IV Race Car
- Ferrari P4 330 Race Car
- Jaguar XJ13 Race Car
Old 07-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #3308
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I have the XJ13 race car. You can borrow it by viewing my profile. GT5 doesnt allow the sending of cars over a million dollars now. My psn is killer2k1, add me.

edit: Nevermind, you're already my friend haha.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #3309
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
I have the XJ13 race car. You can borrow it by viewing my profile. GT5 doesnt allow the sending of cars over a million dollars now. My psn is killer2k1, add me.
Son of a bitch. Forgot about that haha. You're already my friend =)
Old 07-19-2011, 08:15 AM   #3310
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
so i got gt5 with my ps3 forever ago and never played it
right now i have a 650hp s14a
a 230hp 180sx type x i use for bspec
and a 650hp gtr
and about 200k
it dosent seem like there's very much to do in this game thqats actually fun. i guess i should buy funky cars i dont like just to race the other few events i cant do in my cars that i have so far.. the special events are ok but kind of tedious and annoying just like the license tests ect. b spec is ok, i have like the sunday cup beaten.. but i can only sit there and watch my game play itself for so long before i get bored..
and for some reason drifting is hard for me. i dont spin, i just slide out too far and smack the wall, or drift too shallow and hit the inside. i can drift in my car all day, maybe i need to change some settings..

anyway my psn is Jager240

what do you even do online?
give me hope for gt5 because right now, it looks lame as hell lol
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #3311
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
GT5 is pretty much just a no frills game, love it or hate it.

I think the biggest kicks are to be found online, drifting or racing with people who aren't retards is intense.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:55 PM   #3312
EjMalernee
Zilvia Member

EjMalernee is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah playing online is fun. now if only i could get the hang of drifting it would be a lot more fun. lol
EjMalernee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:17 AM   #3313
simmode1
Post Whore!

Damn, Tantwoforty, have you never played a Gran Turismo game before. You sound like you did already know what to except...

Drifting is alright, but I really love competitive grip races using an underdog car. Say like a fully weighted S13 limited to 300hp versus Lambos, Porsches, Ferrari's, Audi's, etc... Underdog races is my shit!

Ppl online be messaging me after I beat them like: "What kinda car is that?!"
I be like: "Sileighty, bitch"
Old 07-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #3314
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
I'll challenge any of you to 500PP race. Had 3 straight wins with a NSX online by 4+ secs until I had to put down the sticks.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #3315
simmode1
Post Whore!

I'll take that challenge! Not sure when I'll be able to do it though. Gonna be busy the next few days.

Are we talking about 500PP or less, right? I know none of my beloved S-Chassis are gonna keep up with a well tuned NSX, so Imma need to pull something obscure outta my ass... I have a few cars in mind already.

Oh and do you use a steering wheel?
Old 07-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #3316
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
480pp Toyota FT86 powns.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #3317
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Damn, Tantwoforty, have you never played a Gran Turismo game before. You sound like you did already know what to except...

Drifting is alright, but I really love competitive grip races using an underdog car. Say like a fully weighted S13 limited to 300hp versus Lambos, Porsches, Ferrari's, Audi's, etc... Underdog races is my shit!

Ppl online be messaging me after I beat them like: "What kinda car is that?!"
I be like: "Sileighty, bitch"
I played gt2 a ton on ps2 when I was younger maybe it was gt3 idk.
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #3318
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
what best racing game to get for ps3 ?

good drifting action is a plus
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:57 AM   #3319
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I'll take that challenge! Not sure when I'll be able to do it though. Gonna be busy the next few days.

Are we talking about 500PP or less, right? I know none of my beloved S-Chassis are gonna keep up with a well tuned NSX, so Imma need to pull something obscure outta my ass... I have a few cars in mind already.

Oh and do you use a steering wheel?

Yup 500PP or less. I like using cars a bit on the lower side of power, much easier to be precise and outwit each other.

I used to use a G27, but I've moved and have lost my place to mount my wheel. If I buy another tv soon I'll be good to go with the wheel set up again.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:17 AM   #3320
Bullet01
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (24)
Bullet01 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Is the G27 steering wheel compatible with the game cause my G25's 6spd shifter and clutch doesnt work properly when i use to play gt5 awhile back. Did they ever fix the issue?
Bullet01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #3321
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
yes, i have the g27 and i belive they fixed the clutch issue. the last time i had my rig out... if you let go of the clutch in gear the car's engine would quit and you would have to push the clutch in and press the gas pedal to "restart" the car.

i'm pretty sure i posted my rig before

with the dogs on it

i had my pap make an adapter for my momo steering wheel.

Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:25 AM   #3322
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
now go paint your rig black! =p
Old 07-22-2011, 08:19 AM   #3323
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
sick shit

someday,...ima buy one of them,.. for the winter withdraws.....lol
Old 07-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #3324
Bullet01
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (24)
Bullet01 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Thats set up is AWESOME!! Build me one.

I might get back to this game if the clutch issues are fixed now.
Bullet01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #3325
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
should i really buy this game, is it the best racing/drifting game for ps3 at the moment?
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #3326
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Wasnt the game recently released as a greatest hits? Like 30-40$ as long as you keep your cars tuned within the power of the AI you'll have a great time. Other than that its a fun game online!!
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #3327
MylesPerHour

MylesPerHour is an unknown quantity at this point
i know this is off topic, but can anyone please tell me why i can't give one of my ferrari enzos to one of my friends
MylesPerHour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #3328
simmode1
Post Whore!

Hey guys, I got a question: I bought an HDMI cable off Amazon and hooked it up to my PS3. Holy crap is 1080P pretty. Problem is, I only get audio/video on the main PS3 menu and when I stream stuff through my media server. As soon as I try to play a game, the screen goes black. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
should i really buy this game, is it the best racing/drifting game for ps3 at the moment?
Yes. Drifting is pretty fun and helps me blow off steam after a long day. As for racing, this is bar none where you need to be at. I'm constantly looking for some underrated cars to surprise & crush online competition with. Current favorite: '97 MR2 GTS Turbo. Sooo damned balanced... I loves it...
Old 08-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #3329
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesPerHour View Post
i know this is off topic, but can anyone please tell me why i can't give one of my ferrari enzos to one of my friends
GT5 no longer allows you to give cars that are worth $1million or more. Instead, you have to set the car to "Online" status, and then your friends can borrow it.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:20 AM   #3330
MylesPerHour

MylesPerHour is an unknown quantity at this point
ok Thank you KiLLeR2001
MylesPerHour is offline   Reply With Quote