Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #3421
EveryQuarterMile
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
EveryQuarterMile is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelovesole View Post
Not at all.
That's what I figured. Just had to make sure.

After doing some more research, I think I may go with 17x8 or 17x9 rims. I probably won't stagger them. I like the look of both on S13s. Is there a best offset for these sizes, and will I need to roll my fenders at all? Thanks~

Last edited by EveryQuarterMile; 04-23-2015 at 01:25 PM..
EveryQuarterMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2015, 02:41 PM   #3422
livelovesole
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
livelovesole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryQuarterMile View Post
That's what I figured. Just had to make sure.

After doing some more research, I think I may go with 17x8 or 17x9 rims. I probably won't stagger them. I like the look of both on S13s. Is there a best offset for these sizes, and will I need to roll my fenders at all? Thanks~
What are you gonna be running ? For the most part you wont need to do any pulling or rolling seeing how you dont really wanna lower it.
livelovesole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:41 AM   #3423
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelovesole View Post
What are you gonna be running ? For the most part you wont need to do any pulling or rolling seeing how you dont really wanna lower it.
You can run a 17x9 +15 with a 225-45-17 and tuck tire without rubbing due to the mild stretch. If you want to tuck rim, run a 215-45-17 on that same wheel. Both of those are common 'stock' w/coil over fitments
Old 04-24-2015, 06:54 AM   #3424
EveryQuarterMile
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
You can run a 17x9 +15 with a 225-45-17 and tuck tire without rubbing due to the mild stretch. If you want to tuck rim, run a 215-45-17 on that same wheel. Both of those are common 'stock' w/coil over fitments
So if I did this I wouldn't need spacers or anything? And I wouldn't need to roll my fenders? 17x9 would be a nice setup then.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:34 AM   #3425
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
So if I did this I wouldn't need spacers or anything? And I wouldn't need to roll my fenders? 17x9 would be a nice setup then.
2 S13 coupes, 1 S13 Hatch, and 1 zenki
17x9 +15 Battles, coils, no spacers, no roll, lowered to sidewall/tread edge line
no rub
Old 04-25-2015, 08:54 PM   #3426
EveryQuarterMile
Leaky Injector

Quote:
17x9 +15 Battles, coils, no spacers, no roll, lowered to sidewall/tread edge line
no rub
Thanks a ton then! This completely answered my question~
Old 04-27-2015, 06:58 AM   #3427
89sileighty

89sileighty is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys, wondering if it would be ok running 17x10 +15 under Origins +20 front fenders for s13? Is that ok or would i still need a spacer to make up for a gap?
89sileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:00 AM   #3428
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sileighty View Post
Hey guys, wondering if it would be ok running 17x10 +15 under Origins +20 front fenders for s13? Is that ok or would i still need a spacer to make up for a gap?
Might need a 15mm or 20mm spacer for it to fit perfectly. 17x10 +15 fits even under slightly pulled stock fenders.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:18 AM   #3429
89sileighty

89sileighty is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Might need a 15mm or 20mm spacer for it to fit perfectly. 17x10 +15 fits even under slightly pulled stock fenders.
awesome thanks man!!
89sileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:47 AM   #3430
kzk

kzk is an unknown quantity at this point
Am I going to need spacers running a 17x9 +20 on a s13 hatch with rolled fenders, adjustable coils, flcas, tension rods, and rucas? Thanks guys I appreciate the help
kzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:12 PM   #3431
Willy0614

Willy0614 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok so i want to get these
http://www.240sxupgrades.com/1997-19...8.html?image=0
I have mb battles 7x9.t with +20mm offset on my 96.just wanted to know if anybody is familiar with this setup.just wanted to see if i will need spacers
Willy0614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #3432
livelovesole
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
livelovesole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Will i need spacers or if anyone knows how will a s13 with chargespeed 50mm overfenders fit with a 18x10.5 wheel in the rear ? I need to run overfenders in the rear due to a big dent on the body line.
livelovesole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:01 AM   #3433
EveryQuarterMile
Leaky Injector

Quote:
no rub
About this again, would this be a good setup for autocross? It'd hate to have a ton of rubbing while I'm on the track trying to get a good time.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:31 AM   #3434
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
About this again, would this be a good setup for autocross? It'd hate to have a ton of rubbing while I'm on the track trying to get a good time.
For Auto-X, you're going to need adjustable arms and sway bars. You will be fine with a simple fender roll on the top third, but as you get faster through the course, you will need suspension refinements like arm kits and sway bars and bushings to prevent excessive body roll that will rub at the extreme limits of stock stuff.
If you lower only to the top of the tread, like perfect 0 gap, you won't rub. You can go 215's and stretch more but that's pretty much a stance thing and you lose grip and utility in favor of low
Old 04-30-2015, 11:20 AM   #3435
EveryQuarterMile
Leaky Injector

Quote:
For Auto-X, you're going to need adjustable arms and sway bars. You will be fine with a simple fender roll on the top third, but as you get faster through the course, you will need suspension refinements like arm kits and sway bars and bushings to prevent excessive body roll that will rub at the extreme limits of stock stuff.
If you lower only to the top of the tread, like perfect 0 gap, you won't rub. You can go 215's and stretch more but that's pretty much a stance thing and you lose grip and utility in favor of low
I'm planning on sway bars and adjustable arms as well, for sure. So are 17x9s with 215s oe 225s with maybe some fender roll a good choice, or should I do something different? I have no intent to make the car super low, especially not if it will hurt performance!
Old 04-30-2015, 07:36 PM   #3436
silviaNC
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
silviaNC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Hey guys not sure if it's been asked before or not. What type of whe u guys think it will look better on a 275/40/17
Concave or 3" lip wheels. Asking because I need drag radial on the back and going with my et street on a 17x9.5 +20 wheel and unsure wich type of wheel will look better. There is not other options on wheels size offset for me at the moment. Thanks for you input
silviaNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:34 AM   #3437
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I'm planning on sway bars and adjustable arms as well, for sure. So are 17x9s with 215s oe 225s with maybe some fender roll a good choice, or should I do something different? I have no intent to make the car super low, especially not if it will hurt performance!
You can run up to 245's on 17x9 +15/+12 The 245 will fit just a bit outside the wheel as you see on many new stock fitments, the 235 will be square fitment, and the 225 will have a slight stretch, with 215's having max stretch and the issues that come with them.

If you go zero gap, totally even with the tire tread and no lower, roll the lip, you'll have to play with your height adjustment within 1/2" at all four corners after you get sway bars, arms and get it aligned. Firestone has lifetime alignment. With a 240 on coils, arms and stuff, it helps being able to mess with it, go down to the shop and in two hours have perfect alignment so you don't screw up tires with bad camber or tow
Old 05-01-2015, 11:44 AM   #3438
EveryQuarterMile
Leaky Injector

Quote:
You can run up to 245's on 17x9 +15/+12 The 245 will fit just a bit outside the wheel as you see on many new stock fitments, the 235 will be square fitment, and the 225 will have a slight stretch, with 215's having max stretch and the issues that come with them.

If you go zero gap, totally even with the tire tread and no lower, roll the lip, you'll have to play with your height adjustment within 1/2" at all four corners after you get sway bars, arms and get it aligned. Firestone has lifetime alignment. With a 240 on coils, arms and stuff, it helps being able to mess with it, go down to the shop and in two hours have perfect alignment so you don't screw up tires with bad camber or tow
This is exactly what I needed. I'll plan for some fender roll on the rears then and will check out Firestone for decent tires. Thanks for the help~
Old 05-09-2015, 08:49 PM   #3439
NoahMast

NoahMast is an unknown quantity at this point
How will an F: 18x9.5 +12 and R: 18x10 +22 or 18x9.5 +12 fit on a stock body s14 and what tire sizes would you recommend?
Old 05-12-2015, 10:46 PM   #3440
StuckeyOG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
StuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Okay so I'm going to be running 17x10 +11 and 17x11 +11 Work Equips on my S14. I'm going to be putting on +50mm Chargespeed overfenders in the rear and plan on tucking under stock rolled front fenders by means of camber/tire stretch.

My problem is I'm having trouble deciding what size tire I should run due to not much selection for wide tires on 17s? I was looking to run as much tire as possible in the rears while still keeping the wheels as straight as possible. I wanted 285/30/17s in the rear but from what I understand they don't exist.

Right now I'm pretty much thinking I'm going to have to run Federal tires in 235/40/17s or 225/45/17s in the front and 275/40/17s in the rear. I wanted a smaller profile for the rears but this is literally all I can find that is not a drag radial. Starting to regret not step-lipping my rims to 18s haha.

TLDR: Can anyone shed some light on some possible tire fitment for 17x10s, 17x11s +11 offsets, rolled front fenders and +50MM Chargespeed rear overs? Also on F&F Type 2 coils if that helps. Thanks
StuckeyOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:16 AM   #3441
pignose.007

pignose.007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright guys. I'm super confused on what to do next. I've got some Celi-Supra wheels off an MK2 that I'm looking to throw onto an OEM 4-lug S13. The lug patterns are the same, but the hub bore is a bit different. The Celi-Supra has a (correct me if I am wrong) 60.1mm hub bore and the S13 has a 66mm hub bore. Should I 1) just have the rims machined, 2) get longer studs from ARP and run with a 15mm slip-on hubcentric spacer, or 3) just get a 15-25mm lug adapter? I've heard some pretty nasty stories about the lug adapters and I am also not too sure on how far those rims would tolerate being machined.

The Celi-Supra rim size is a 14"x8" with +8 offset.

Has anyone run a 14" old school wheel that has run into the same problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
pignose.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:41 PM   #3442
ericvangs14

ericvangs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Please help confirm my understanding...

Hello gang...

I would appreciate any help. It seems the more I read, the more questions I have.

1998 240sx
Stock oem rims, 195/60r15
Dropped slightly and slight camber
OEM rims should be 15x6 +40

This means that backspace should be 5.1"

Q1. If I get a rim that has the same backspace, this should cause no ill effects for mounting, brake/suspension clearance. ie, get 18x9 with same/similar backspace - this would mean that increase in width basically increases the lip of the rim?

Q2. How much room (backspace) is necessary to clear a Z32/Wilwood caliper setup?

Q3. Looking at this setup (f/r), thoughts on if this will cause issue with mounting/clearance? The backspace on this is similar to OEM while increasing the width by 2 inches or so, a little more for the rear.

Thank you everyone. Hopefully this helps others.

~Eric
ericvangs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:03 PM   #3443
Jorge18
Leaky Injector

Jorge18 is on a distinguished road
Hey everyone,

Trying to figure out what rims to go with for my build. I'm going to have Tein coilovers and looking to run the following wheels:

18x9 +25 in the front (235 40 18)
18x10 +22 in the rear (hoping to run 275/285 40 18)

What do you guys think?
Jorge18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:52 PM   #3444
EveryQuarterMile
Leaky Injector

I've been decided for awhile on my wheels now, and have wanted to go with 17x9 +15 wheels all the way around. However, I was about to order and am finding that these wheels are on back order at many places. And back order for months...

So I have a backup plan. But the wheels I'm looking at for the backup are 17x9 +20. I'm pretty sure that this wheels be fine. I'll be running coilovers as well. So will they work?
Old 06-10-2015, 08:35 AM   #3445
BONIN240SX
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BONIN240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
19's on front

Ive been searching a few days and im yet to find anything but people telling me not to do it. has anyone attempted to fit 19's on the front of an s13? the specs on the wheels i have lined up are 19x10.5 - 15 ish on the front and 19x12 -9 ish on the back. i know i wont have to many issues out back but up front im guessing ill have issues turning. the car has front tubbs and a rocket bunny v1 kit. nay help or pictures would be appreciated.
BONIN240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:34 PM   #3446
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
how are 215/35 federal 595ss on a 10j? safer to run since federals run a little wider?
Old 06-19-2015, 07:13 AM   #3447
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahMast View Post
How will an F: 18x9.5 +12 and R: 18x10 +22 or 18x9.5 +12 fit on a stock body s14 and what tire sizes would you recommend?
Both the +12'swillfit, but you will have to roll 215's look janky as fuck because way too small(barely contacts the bead), 225's have more stretch than 235's. If you are running square fitment with 225's they will look good.. If you are going 235, definitely work on roll, maybe pull depending on how low you want to go. 235's are a meaty fitment too, and the 225's look meaty, but have stretch but not so much they pop on the freeway doing 75mph(#stupidhondakids)
Old 06-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #3448
AfroSamurai

AfroSamurai is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys,
I have a hatch I'm looking to get new wheels for.
I found a set I like in 17x9+30 (which I would be running on all four corners), and I'm wondering if they will clear my coilovers, if you think I'll need spacers, and what tire size I should be running to achieve something like this

I have a slight roll on my fenders already
Thanks in advance

edit: I'd like to not run any camber in the rear, and as little as possible up front.
AfroSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:27 AM   #3449
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
Hey guys,
I have a hatch I'm looking to get new wheels for.
I found a set I like in 17x9+30 (which I would be running on all four corners), and I'm wondering if they will clear my coilovers, if you think I'll need spacers, and what tire size I should be running to achieve something like this

I have a slight roll on my fenders already
Thanks in advance

edit: I'd like to not run any camber in the rear, and as little as possible up front.
They will fit and clear. You won't have that fitment though unless you go with +6 or 0 and of course you'll have to make the correct heat, and pull work on the back, or run overs or flares
Old 06-20-2015, 06:52 PM   #3450
ShakotanGazelle
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ShakotanGazelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Anybody got any experience cutting out part of the inner wheel well on the rear quarters of an s13? thinking about doing this to be able to roll them completely flat, but i do not plan on doing any sort of body work so i do not want to weld anything in there that might heat the paint up too much.

pic for attention
ShakotanGazelle is offline   Reply With Quote