Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #34561
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Im sorry if it has already been discussed, but what hood is on that black 326 car with the xd9 wheels?
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #34562
DomChan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
DomChan is making a name for him/her selfDomChan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Bomex

DomChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #34563
illvialuver
Post Whore!

illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
looks ugly from that angle. thanks.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #34564
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #34565
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Whoa, what size are those? I thought 16 was the biggest they went?? Looks dope.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #34566
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Solid color 326 with less crazy wheels is what dreams are made of.
Also, on the subject of Black.

There is this part of me that sincerely wants a 326 Dlux kit, even if only to never actually drive with it on my car and install it for photographs to look at when I feel down.
LOL the black looks sweets. I actually like the wheels on the orange one but I want to get rid of some of the detail on the kit and the wheels. Smooth it out some.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #34567
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
yeah dude! for real, those are nice.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #34568
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
I do believe that they go up to 17"
Old 06-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #34569
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
there was a grey kouki in japan that had 17" te37vs iirc
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #34570
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
They're 17x10 -20
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #34571
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #34572
240dream
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240dream is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Old 06-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #34573
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
LOL the black looks sweets. I actually like the wheels on the orange one but I want to get rid of some of the detail on the kit and the wheels. Smooth it out some.
Perhaps some day, when you and I are both affluent and our respective hair styles are greying, we will start a company that produces only the most awesome of Aero Parts, inspired by the Japanese, but improved with style. By such a time, we could produce these parts and actually make money since all of the broke 240 owners will have long left their cars in rusty graves and moved on.

A guy can dream.

Back to the matter at hand.

thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #34574
gostrider
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
gostrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Perhaps some day, when you and I are both affluent and our respective hair styles are greying, we will start a company that produces only the most awesome of Aero Parts, inspired by the Japanese, but improved with style. By such a time, we could produce these parts and actually make money since all of the broke 240 owners will have long left their cars in rusty graves and moved on.

A guy can dream.

do you mind telling me what size tire you are running ?
Old 06-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #34575
illvialuver
Post Whore!

That one car with the te37vs looks photoshopped..

Sounds like a plan FRO. Just remake that aeromaster hood while your at it.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #34576
Flip2Flow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Flip2Flow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It ain't photoshopped

Flip2Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #34577
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostrider View Post
do you mind telling me what size tire you are running ?
Fronts are 18x9.5 +5 (effective) with a 215/40/18 Nankang, I think NS-20, but I'm not entirely sure. At the current height, there's no low speed rubbing, and minimal rubbing at speed, other than at full suspension compression. Fenders have been rolled, but no pull, and inner fenders are very aware of what a hammer looks like. Camber is right around negative 4.5deg, toe/caster are reasonably close to stock.

Rears are 18x9.5 +20 with a 225/40/18 Falken Ziex 512, negative 2.5 degress camber, slight toe in, approx .5 deg per wheel for 1deg total. Rear fenders have been rolled but not pulled, and rub very noticeably at full compression.

Eventually (probably within the next week or two) I'm going to knock out the rear studs and install extended studs and 10-15mm spacers in the rear and swap to a 20-25mm up front. There's a good 10mm - 12mm of clearance on the front fenders and I'm confident that I can gain another 5mm-7mm of clearance in the rear by correctly (not rushing) rolling the fenders in the rear again and then pitching the lips when I'm done. Going to try to solve the rear compression rubbing by moving to the 215/40 all around.

Enough info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
That one car with the te37vs looks photoshopped..

Sounds like a plan FRO. Just remake that aeromaster hood while your at it.
Btw, took pictures of the retainer.. Interestingly enough, the support bar that I have up for grabs is better than the one on my car... Lololol. Will shoot the pictures your way in the AM when I'm at a real computer. Also need to find a box, I think I can get one from work tomorrow.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #34578
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip2Flow View Post
It ain't photoshopped
Is it wrong that I'm not impressed?

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:00 AM   #34579
illvialuver
Post Whore!

I wasnt saying I dont believe that volk makes the 37v in 17, cause I know they do, it is just that one picture just looked photoshopped to me. thanks again Fro.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:14 AM   #34580
Flip2Flow
Zilvia Member

Flip2Flow is an unknown quantity at this point
Haha alright

Flip2Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:03 AM   #34581
drftngs14
Leaky Injector

drftngs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally got my piece ready for body shop, thoughts on ride height?
I know she's rough, really rough but keep an open mind, very open hahaha And dont mind those horrible mirrors, they came with the rest of the heartache

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1371808934479.jpg (82.8 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1371808945644.jpg (79.9 KB, 55 views)
drftngs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #34582
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
They're 17x10 -20
Man I want but I cannot use 17's on anything I own.

Quote:

A guy can dream.

[IMG]sexy beast[/IMG]
Yes. Let us be partners.
We can open a studio and call it Free Candy.
Produce only the thickest Urethane Aero for $5,000 dollar monies that have absolutely no aero dynamic benifit.
We must build a wind tunnel though and attach a readout of how ineffective each peice is so the owners know exactly how much thought and care goes into our product.

We will serve pecan pie in our waiting room. If a customer has a nut allergy they get to lick pay day bars as we laugh at their immunohemolytic anemic reaction.

Also if anyone offers their opinion good or bad we kick them in the foreskin.

Only the baddest biddies will serve us drank.

How can we not win?
Old 06-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #34583
G240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
G240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip2Flow View Post
Haha alright

Wasn't this a Texas car?
G240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #34584
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Obee, I just dided reading that. Reminded me of chappelle saying-
and bring me some cambodian breast milk, I only drink the finest...."
Old 06-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #34585
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
what mirrors are these?
Old 06-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #34586
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
those were good lol's OB
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #34587
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Obee, I just dided reading that. Reminded me of chappelle saying-
and bring me some cambodian breast milk, I only drink the finest...."
Haha long live Chappelle. Love that episode.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #34588
illvialuver
Post Whore!

long live indeed. I dont think any other comedian has made me laugh as consistently as he did. I think he is to our generation as Richard Pryor was to people of the 70s.

Has anyone put gramlight 57vs on a s14? I knwo they make those in 17s now too.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #34589
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

It's crazy to think that the Chappelle show is 10 years old... I still laugh rather loud and often at most of his skits (like it's the first time I've seen it or something)...
Quote:
Has anyone put gramlight 57vs on a s14? I knwo they make those in 17s now too.
If they made a knock off version, you'd see TONS...
Old 06-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #34590
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97nismo View Post
what mirrors are these?
D-max mirror covers probably
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote