Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #3541
pahaf
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
pahaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
found a set of my FAV wheels EVER but they are Super Weak.

Would These Sizes even fit on a Slammed S13 with coils w/ S14 LCA's etc:
18"x9" +41F , 18"x 10"+45R
Under Stock Front fenders? Rears?
any Coilover Hitting Front or rear? spacers obviously to get them somewhat where I need them But worth it for these Discontinued Wheels.
i bet they are going to rub against the coilovers without spacers
pahaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #3542
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^^^ they will. you are going to need like a 1 inch spacer to clear your coils. but other than a good pull once they clear coils...and you should be good.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #3543
Pancho G.

Pancho G. is an unknown quantity at this point
I know this is a n00b statement but hopefully the question is what isnt. In a couple years after i graduate and have a good job I plan on doing a full ka build and i plan on doin the crower stroker and bigger pistons to make it a 2.6 with a bullseye s366xl t4 turbo (a/r selections are .9, 1, and 1.05). shootin for 6s but hopin for 7s on e85. Question: rb25s and 26s spin bigger turbos easier than a ka or any other 4cyl would (like say a t51 for giggles); is it because its a 6cyl or is it because of pure displacement which would mean a "ka26" would spin the bigger turbo roughly the same. My fault for making it long but I have done my homework on the ka and the cost it would take for the build just not on the question. Thanks!
Pancho G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #3544
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
For s14s, are the connectors for the headlights, signals, and sidemarkers the same between the zenki and kouki? ei... would it be plug n play for a zenki headlight wire harness into a kouki. Wondering because previous owner cut my headlight wiring for an HID setup and I want to return to stock.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:37 AM   #3545
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
can someone help me figure out my problem?... i have an s13 sr20det, just replaced the headgasket, no start

here's the thing, normally TDC is suppose to be the 2nd notch from the left... mine was the 2nd notch from the right. Thats where it was when it cam gears/silver gears meet up also

I think that i have the CAS in wrong and i need to pull it back apart... or is something seriously effed up and i need to tear back into it?
20 til 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #3546
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
start with the CAS before you tear the motor apart, if the CAS is in wrong the car won't start.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #3547
hartig
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
hartig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i'm pretty sure my intercooler is leaking, and i can visually tell where it is.. its near the very center of the intercooler and about an inch of the row is bent in.. i can see little holes.

is there any way to repair this? its a greddy one.. and i dont wanna shell out $500+ on a new unit
hartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #3548
codyf44
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
codyf44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
dont wanna be sloppy, but i wanted to get some inputs on lightweight flywheel, this forum doesnt have anything after searching
codyf44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #3549
HS13KLS
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
HS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyf44 View Post
dont wanna be sloppy, but i wanted to get some inputs on lightweight flywheel, this forum doesnt have anything after searching

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/187760...-flywheel.html

You didn't look hard enough
HS13KLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #3550
jah
Leaky Injector

jah is an unknown quantity at this point
any one use this site for SR motors just got mine from there JDM ENGINE SR20 TURBO S13 Red Top 91-93
jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #3551
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
i searched, so shut the fuck up if its been asked before. My transmission fill plug is frozen, the nipple is starting to round out but has a few spots left where a vice can grab on, my only problem is the vice keeps slipping and makes it worse. I don't have access to a torch/impact gun, so those are out of the question.

Welding something on is a last resort, i will probably force a socket on before that, what can i do to break it off?

I was thinking buying a cheap 1/2" socket and forcing it on but is it worth it? Any other ways?
Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 PM   #3552
240sx123$
BANNED

240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
i searched, so shut the fuck up if its been asked before. My transmission fill plug is frozen, the nipple is starting to round out but has a few spots left where a vice can grab on, my only problem is the vice keeps slipping and makes it worse. I don't have access to a torch/impact gun, so those are out of the question.

Welding something on is a last resort, i will probably force a socket on before that, what can i do to break it off?

I was thinking buying a cheap 1/2" socket and forcing it on but is it worth it? Any other ways?
A little heat will go a long way. You dont need an acetylene torch, propane should do the trick. You can pick up a propane torch for under $20, and its a worthwhile investment to have around the garage. Heat the area around the plug while trying to keep the plug from getting heated. This should make it crack free easier, as far as how to grip it- youre on your own with that. If it keeps rounding out you can always file/grind it down to fit a socket or something.
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #3553
240sx123$
BANNED

240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartig View Post
i'm pretty sure my intercooler is leaking, and i can visually tell where it is.. its near the very center of the intercooler and about an inch of the row is bent in.. i can see little holes.

is there any way to repair this? its a greddy one.. and i dont wanna shell out $500+ on a new unit
Not sure about repairing it- if i were to attempt something like that, Id probably contact motorcycleradiators.com.. they specialize in repairing aluminum rads, i would assume they can do intercoolers too but i dont know for sure. I do remember that repairing my $600 RC51 radiator costed $85 though.

That being said, an intercooler is an intercooler. Theres no reason to drop $500 on a core if youre not making serious power.
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:31 AM   #3554
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx123$ View Post
A little heat will go a long way. You dont need an acetylene torch, propane should do the trick. You can pick up a propane torch for under $20, and its a worthwhile investment to have around the garage. Heat the area around the plug while trying to keep the plug from getting heated. This should make it crack free easier, as far as how to grip it- youre on your own with that. If it keeps rounding out you can always file/grind it down to fit a socket or something.
i see, ill try that. The only problem is, whoever put it on probably over-tightened it a ton and the way it sits makes the trans housing block a vice grip from getting a good angle... the tunnel is pretty slim so i can't get a socket forced on there easily. uuuuuuuugh
Old 12-03-2010, 04:46 AM   #3555
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
oopS NVM i got it.

Last edited by killer240; 12-03-2010 at 07:33 PM..
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #3556
Mesarina
Zilvia Member

Mesarina is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got this a month ago, Is a 91 300zx vg30DE, It has a N62 maf, however, its a grey label, not orange, what´s the difference between the grey label and orange one if both are n62??

Mesarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #3557
jah
Leaky Injector

jah is an unknown quantity at this point
why would u want that POS is he motor even any good looks like you have a shit load of work to do lol
jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #3558
Mesarina
Zilvia Member

Mesarina is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jah View Post
why would u want that POS is he motor even any good looks like you have a shit load of work to do lol
The motor is good, just has a broken oil pan, but its complete, I don´t want the engine unless i got a 510, I bought it because of the brakes, complete with 30mm aluminum calipers for my 180sx Anyways, that´s not what I asked.

Mesarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #3559
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Picture of the label on the maf would be more helpful then a picture of the car.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #3560
codyf44
Leaky Injector

codyf44 is an unknown quantity at this point
hs13kls thanks alot< wish i had 1000 posts
codyf44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #3561
Urbanfer
Leaky Injector

Urbanfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Urbanfer
ok i got 2 questions being a noobie and all just installed HKS intake to my s13 am i supposed to reset my ecu how and how long? also my s13 is auto (saving to convert) and i noticed only 3 spds 1,2 and D am i supposed to leave the overdrive on the whole time?
Urbanfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #3562
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanfer View Post
ok i got 2 questions being a noobie and all just installed HKS intake to my s13 am i supposed to reset my ecu how and how long? also my s13 is auto (saving to convert) and i noticed only 3 spds 1,2 and D am i supposed to leave the overdrive on the whole time?
You should have taken the neg terminal off while installing the intake. This would have reset the ecu.

It's an automatic transmission. Leave it in D with the OD on and let it do it's job. I hope you are not shifting it everywhere you go. If so, I would start saving more. That new transmission is coming sooner then you think.

It's a 4 speed transmission (1,2,D,OD). You can take it out of OD when you are coming down a mountain. If you are stuck in the dirt you can bump it to stay in 1st and keep traction. Unless there is a reason to hold it in a gear Keep it in D with OD on.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #3563
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanfer View Post
Yes. Overdrive is the standard driving mode, though overdrive only comes into play at highway speeds, and the transmission will automatically engage overdrive when appropriate to reduce highway rpms. Turning off overdrive only prevents the transmission from engaging overdrive, and otherwise operates exactly the same. However, at highway speeds your engine rpms will be higher and you will burn more gas.

1 and 2 are used to prevent the transmission from upshifting. When in 1, the transmission will stay in first gear. When in 2, the transmission will not shift above 2nd gear, though it should still start in first gear. These are really only useful when going down long grades, as you can put the transmission into 2 and use engine braking to modulate your speed instead of using your brakes and potentially overheating them. To be honest, I don't know of a situation in a passenger car where you would use 1. When towing a load in a truck, these gear selections are convenient for keeping the truck from prematurely upshifting.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:02 PM   #3564
Kasilvia88

Kasilvia88 is an unknown quantity at this point
what is the small bulb on ebay hid kits

I have this hid kit and I want to know what the small bulbs are for on the bottom of the housing and where to get replacements as I don't have them anymore.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Digital_240sx_HID_kit.jpg (382.5 KB, 4 views)
Kasilvia88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #3565
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBtony View Post
Whats the best timming setting for a single cam ka, if im lookin for only performance?
^that

{msglength}
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #3566
Urbanfer
Leaky Injector

Urbanfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Urbanfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
You should have taken the neg terminal off while installing the intake. This would have reset the ecu.

It's an automatic transmission. Leave it in D with the OD on and let it do it's job. I hope you are not shifting it everywhere you go. If so, I would start saving more. That new transmission is coming sooner then you think.

It's a 4 speed transmission (1,2,D,OD). You can take it out of OD when you are coming down a mountain. If you are stuck in the dirt you can bump it to stay in 1st and keep traction. Unless there is a reason to hold it in a gear Keep it in D with OD on.
i had switched the intakes and after i took both plugs off for bout a min would that of worked or should i do it again? btw thanks for the input
Urbanfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #3567
RPSil13
Zilvia FREAK!

RPSil13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownRPSil13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownRPSil13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
where is the auto to manual sticky, cant seem to find it, i thought it was under tech???
Old 12-03-2010, 11:44 PM   #3568
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post

No, That's the cover over the Airbag computer. Notice the bright yellow harness coming out of it.

TCU is located where the clutch pedal bracket should be.
thanks!
i was gonna say my car's not auto lol
Old 12-04-2010, 09:21 AM   #3569
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPSil13 View Post
where is the auto to manual sticky, cant seem to find it, i thought it was under tech???
probably in archived. you can do a search from the "forum screen" where it has all the different off topic, chat, tech sales etc.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #3570
RPSil13
Zilvia FREAK!

RPSil13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownRPSil13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownRPSil13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
probably in archived. you can do a search from the "forum screen" where it has all the different off topic, chat, tech sales etc.
thanks, i was looking in tech and couldnt find it