Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #331
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
40 points, huh? In the words of D-Wade, Bring It On!

This should be our new intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=738Hbps-zOo
Gnnr,
Your are my new favorite member on Zilvia- a true homer!!!! Here's one for you haters-Dan Le Batard's rant the day after the decision:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xZr2qOXQJ4w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xZr2qOXQJ4w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

boobs13, just stop the hate. who, on Boston or Orlando is gonna stop the 3 Kings....LBJ won 66 games last year with out D-Wade and Bosh. I love it, the only people who are doubting this team are the 'purist' and those who want to go against the grain that is all. I gaurantee you, if LBJ had gone to the bulls, no one would be spewing all of this non-sense. Maybe its just the way he made the announcement that has rubbed ppl the wrong way......Can't wait until next yr : drama:

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #332
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by frsh4 View Post
juwan howard might sign with the heat.
i'd like to see them sign a pg, not iverson.

so far their roster looks like this?
1.dwyane wade
2.lebron james
3.chris bosh
4.udonis haslem
5.ilgauskas
6.de'sean butler
7.mike miller?
8.mario chalmers
9.dexter pittman
10.?
11.?
12.?
man a lot of the guys the heat are going for are ancient. ilgauskas, juwon howard. i would think more guys like mike millers age would join who are near the end of their peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #333
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
frsh4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Orlando matched offer for JJ Reddick.

But, the Bulls did sign Ronnie Brewer for 3yrs. So thats 3 former Jazz players on the current Bulls roster. Very interesting team now.

Last edited by frsh4; 07-16-2010 at 09:45 PM..
Old 07-16-2010, 09:46 PM   #334
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmatt1189 View Post
Lakers' Ron Artest says party flier bashing LeBron James not his - ESPN Los Angeles

You fail. Did you really expect that party to actually be hosted by Ron?
Hmm, I would expect that you as a regular would refrain from personal insults.

I fail at what?

Looking into the fucking future?

I posted that on the 14th, when it was making its rounds around the internet.

The article you linked clarifying the matter was written on the 15th. So I was supposed to have read this article through my crystal ball before posting?

Old 07-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #335
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyRat View Post
LBJ won 66 games last year with out D-Wade and Bosh.
True, but that was against a very, very weak Eastern Conference. The West was stacked with 8 50+ win
teams, an NBA record. You put the Cavs in the West last season, they do not win 66 games. With that said,
the East got stronger, with the addition of the trio to the Heat, Boozer to Chicago, and Stoudemire to the Knicks.
While I don't expect the Knicks to be a threat, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Orlando will be. The Lakers will once
again roll thru the West, as Utah and Phoenix just got weaker. Biggest challenge to them are the Thunder,
Nuggets, and Blazers.

Can't this season start already?

Last edited by ALTRNTV; 07-16-2010 at 11:59 PM..
Old 07-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #336
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Deron Williams must be really mad.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:39 AM   #337
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
man a lot of the guys the heat are going for are ancient. ilgauskas, juwon howard. i would think more guys like mike millers age would join who are near the end of their peak.
and Penny Hardaway really wants to make a comeback with THIS team, he thinks he'd be perfect for the role the team wants.
these ancient players wont help..i was hoping the Heat would sign Brewer..
they can still go after Barnes, i hear their talking to him.
he's a good player. he can play the 2.3.4.
if he doesnt go back to orlando it'll be 9 teams in 9 years rite? lol
Old 07-17-2010, 05:36 AM   #338
boobs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
boobs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
boobs13, just stop the hate. who, on Boston or Orlando is gonna stop the 3 Kings....LBJ won 66 games last year with out D-Wade and Bosh. I love it, the only people who are doubting this team are the 'purist' and those who want to go against the grain that is all. I gaurantee you, if LBJ had gone to the bulls, no one would be spewing all of this non-sense. Maybe its just the way he made the announcement that has rubbed ppl the wrong way......Can't wait until next yr
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
True, but that was against a very, very weak Eastern Conference. The West was stacked with 8 50+ win
teams, an NBA record. You put the Cavs in the West last season, they do not win 66 games. With that said,
the East got stronger, with the addition of the trio to the Heat, Boozer to Chicago, and Stoudemire to the Knicks.
While I don't expect the Knicks to be a threat, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Orlando will be. The Lakers will once
again roll thru the West, as Utah and Phoenix just got weaker. Biggest challenge to them are the Thunder,
Nuggets, and Blazers.

Can't this season start already?

no one is hating here bro, I'm just getting tired of ppl saying heat are the S#$T just because they have the big 3. Yeah there gonna win some rings but its not going to be easy now with the eastern teams just got a little harder with all these free agents and new contracts moving around. But think about you guys are gonna have to get thur boston which I know there not gonna let you guys slide easy. Can't wait for the rumbor begins

Good luck to all the teams out there....Let's go Lakers 3 peat

FOR SALE: DOHC maf, KA down pipe and SR A/C pump like new pm me for price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
cars are like beer, they all do the same thing, and we each prefer our own flavor...
Old 07-17-2010, 05:58 AM   #339
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
boobs13, just stop the hate. who, on Boston or Orlando is gonna stop the 3 Kings....LBJ won 66 games last year with out D-Wade and Bosh. I love it, the only people who are doubting this team are the 'purist' and those who want to go against the grain that is all. I gaurantee you, if LBJ had gone to the bulls, no one would be spewing all of this non-sense. Maybe its just the way he made the announcement that has rubbed ppl the wrong way......Can't wait until next yr : drama:
It is not hate, it is real and QUITE valid.
Who on Miami will stop Dwight Howard?
Who will stop Rashard Lewis when his hand is hot?
What about Vi--... No, fuck Vince Carter, lol

Bosh - never won shit, was not worth the money he got after filling stat sheets on a weak team. This situation will either expose or validate him, and smart money is on the former -- EVEN if they win.

LeBron - Boston stopped him this year and are known for making a defense to counter an elite player quite effectively. This situation will expose or validate him. "Validation" is ONLY if they win at least 3 and he is League MVP at least twice and finals MVP all 3. Yes, his hurdle is HIGH.

Wade - Had to drain the tank and STILL lose to Boston this season, but is Alpha Dog on this squad, so if they DON'T take it all, it is on him, as the most complete player on the team. This, if he remains in the top 5 in the league in scoring, will be the situation he needs to get into the MVP conversation that he has been criminally excluded from. This situation can only FURTHER validate him, he has been proven to be a good dude, has CARRIED the team to a comeback win in the finals and he fucked Gabrielle Union. Also, lucky for him, LeBron is King Douche Supreme of the sporting world right now, and -- no matter the reality -- any failure will be attributed to LeBron and no one else. Who WOULDN'T love a situation where if I do as well as we know I can I am praised, but if we ALL yuck it up, some other dude gets blamed?

[Phlip note - this is a sign that one should REALLY try to maintain a low profile in general, seriously]

None of the three are "lockdown" defenders, neither of the wing players are great shooters, the lane will QUICKLY become filled with bodies if someone on this team is not hitting their jumpers. Someone had better REALLY play some defense, especially considering that the East just got stronger with them. This season will NOT be Cleveland's cakewalk of last year.
I understand you're excited about your favorite team in an city that gives an approximate FUCK about basketball, but please be real here. No one is hating (at least I'm not -- I know basketball and you know that), so please do not default to that defense when someone disagrees that this move was the touchoff point of Miami's forthcoming 7-peat.

Quote:
Bodies willing to go all in to get that ring playing their roles, who happen to be capable and do not have exorbitant salary requirements. Robert Horry sniped 3 rings like that.
Quote:
and Penny Hardaway really wants to make a comeback with THIS team, he thinks he'd be perfect for the role the team wants.
Upside - Penny is a big point guard who can handle the ball and WILL play his role on this team. He can shoot and, if healthy, be quite effective, I think he could be a good look.
Downside - He is another microfracture survivor, actually serving as one of the players whose slide from grace are used as an argument against signing players who HAVE had the surgery.

Veteran player who WILL play for veterans minimum, who is mature enough to have not fucked off all his money. The only reason the heat cut him before was to free up money.
It could work.

And I write too!
Old 07-17-2010, 06:45 AM   #340
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Heat signings by the end of today will give us this roster. Center position is locked up.

PG: LeBron James / Mario Chalmers
SG: Dwyane Wade / ________ / ________
SF: Mike Miller / ________ / ________
PF: Chris Bosh / Udonis Haslem / Juwan Howard
C: Joel Anthony / Zydrunas Ilgauskaus / Jamaal Magloire / Dexter Pittman

Four spots left. Here are the pickings.

PGs: Carlos Arroyo, Jason Williams, Keyon Dooling, Patrick Beverly, Kenny Hasbrouck, Eddie House, Mike James

SG/SF: DaSean Butler, James Jones, Rasual Butler, Flip Murray, Jerry Stackhouse, Tracy McGrady, Matt Barnes, Roger Mason Jr.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #341
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxJNyHrAVIo
Sometimes I wish I had time and ability to do this shit, as my best friend called the move NWO-like from the beginning.

And I write too!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #342
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Heat signings by the end of today will give us this roster. Center position is locked up.

lbj at pg? i guess needed, lbj can play that position like magic johnson had to play center.

would like to see the heat go after mcgrady, eddie house (as another shooter), or barnes.

i don't necessarily agree with the juwon howard signing or when did they get magloire? he's one of the laziest big centers.

i'd like them to go after shaq, who although old, probably more serviceable than either of the center you listed. there's also brad miller available, but i doubt he'll want to play for a low salary.

Quote:
Old 07-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #343
Choku_Dorian
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Choku_Dorian is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
PHILIP-

Appreciate your points but:

Dwight Howard alone will not score as many points as the big three combined against Magic. Even if they have no one to legitimately guard him. All they really need is a body to put on him and then let him draw the double like Boston did in the playoffs. Result, Dwight Who-ard?

Ray Allen played some of the best D I've ever seen against Kobe. Arguably perfect D. He still scored 17 points (game 7)was it? When talking about 'stopping' players with that kind of ability (Wade/Kobe/Lebron) it isn'y really possible, best you can hope to do is somewhat contain them. With two powerhouses on the same team, well it is going to be a defensive struggle for just about every team.

So 'Fill the lane' is your strategy to stop Wade/lebron? What, when they're shooting bad? Have you seen Lebron and Wade shoot the ball ffs? The chances of both of them being off, for all or even a majority of the game, well, not likely. OK, lets throw Miller in the mix now just for fun. Not to mention what 'clogging the lane' will do for us as far as getting Wade to the line.

To whom it may concern:

It sure seems like it is Hate. If he went to the Bulls it would all be 'He is such a prick with his press conference' and 'he just wants to be like Mike'... Only way for Lebron to not have been Hated on was for him to stay in Ohio.

When he first came to Miami I didn't really care about a championship, but now I want them to win just to shut all of the haters up. 'Miami wont do shit...Orlando and Boston...' give me a break.

I am just as sick as you are of the Miami fans talking about our 'guaranteed' championships. I have to hear it everytime I'm on the court. But I am equally tired of everyone else discrediting each of these players, and them as a team, it's ridiculous. You can't say that we won't win anymore than the narrowminded Heat fans can say that we will. It's a moot ass argument.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #344
FRpilot
Post Whore!

actually, i'd like to see the heat win even though i hate lbj and i think bosh has always been over rated and doesn't play d (like amare, boozer, al jefferson). i've always liked wade and how humble he is and would like to see wade win a few more rings. still doesn't mean they are going to win it all if they don't sign the right role players right now or don't have the right chemistry.

wanted to see duncan or bostons guys win a few more (even though KG changed from a loyal player with heart to a complete asshole in boston), but looks like time is up for the spurs and boston. next year is another year, and these players aren't getting any younger.

Quote:
Old 07-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #345
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choku_Dorian View Post
PHILIP-
Please spell my name right when addressing me directly.

Quote:
Dwight Howard alone will not score as many points as the big three combined against Magic. Even if they have no one to legitimately guard him. All they really need is a body to put on him and then let him draw the double like Boston did in the playoffs. Result, Dwight Who-ard?
Shaq was Cleveland's hired gun to handle D-Howard, and then it never came to that, as Boston knows how to play defense as a team. As it were, he will STILL be a problem when there is no one who can match up with him.
Quote:
Ray Allen played some of the best D I've ever seen against Kobe. Arguably perfect D. He still scored 17 points (game 7)was it? When talking about 'stopping' players with that kind of ability (Wade/Kobe/Lebron) it isn'y really possible, best you can hope to do is somewhat contain them. With two powerhouses on the same team, well it is going to be a defensive struggle for just about every team.
No he didn't.
Ray Allen got his fucking face torched one on one. As a team, Boston played good defense on Kobe, as was and is their plan for dealing with big name players -- make the role players beat you.
And they did.
Quote:
So 'Fill the lane' is your strategy to stop Wade/lebron? What, when they're shooting bad? Have you seen Lebron and Wade shoot the ball ffs? The chances of both of them being off, for all or even a majority of the game, well, not likely. OK, lets throw Miller in the mix now just for fun. Not to mention what 'clogging the lane' will do for us as far as getting Wade to the line.
No, "fill the lane" will be their problem created of their own habit...
Neither D-Wade OR LeBron has a jumpshot to be confident in, their points are scores slashing to and through the lane, where Bosh will (should) already be. That will create a logjam in the middle, which will be a problem unless they have some shooters who will make double teams costly to defenses.

The rest of that was obviously aimed at someone who is not me, as I know basketball, and present my discussion as to why this very feasibly might not work with basketball reasons.
I understand the emotional tie to whatever team one cheers for, but I ask only that people approach this with a little objectivity. I know and see the chinks in their armor and it has nothing to do with "hate," as everything (apparently except that jumpshooting thing) can be worked on quickly.
HOWEVER!!! (Stephen A Voice)
Team chemistry does not grow on trees, and with what is, at this point, a motley crew it will be scarce, especially with a young head coach.
"But Boston did it..." is an argument I have been waiting on for over a week not, but it should be noted that Boston had a bench full of willing role players and (more importantly) coach who WOULD have won more in Orlando if not for Tracy McGrady being overrated and Grant Hill's Fila contract ruining everything below his thighs.
Miami does not have that in place coming into this, EVERYTHING will be new.
As I have said, I am not arguing that they will NEVER win, I am arguing that it is terribly premature to start fitting them for rings already.

And I write too!
Old 07-17-2010, 03:45 PM   #346
FRpilot
Post Whore!

looks like brad miller is gone to houston. so much for boston trying to get him. the amount of quality centers left as free agents is dwindling/gone.

Quote:
Old 07-17-2010, 04:09 PM   #347
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
looks like brad miller is gone to houston. so much for boston trying to get him. the amount of quality centers left as free agents is dwindling/gone.
Shaq is still available, lol...

Too bad he burns the bridge EVERYWHERE he leaves

And I write too!
Old 07-17-2010, 04:53 PM   #348
FRpilot
Post Whore!

erick dampier too.. but shaq is still better than him even though shaq can probably play 30% of the season's games.

Quote:
Old 07-17-2010, 05:09 PM   #349
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
lbj at pg? i guess needed, lbj can play that position like magic johnson had to play center.
It seems that the idea Riley was selling to LBJ was to play a role like Magic Johnson. We'll see. Carlos Arroyo rumored to be coming back. Nothing set in stone yet. Who knows. Wade might go back to running the point. I think the 1-2-3 positions are very fluid right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
Shaq was Cleveland's hired gun to handle D-Howard, and then it never came to that, as Boston knows how to play defense as a team. As it were, he will STILL be a problem when there is no one who can match up with him.

Someone is lying about their height.

I still see Shaq going to Boston. Miami already gave him a hell no by having 4 C's and the Hawks say they don't want him. He can fill the roll of Perkins. BTW, I think Rasheed Wallace is going to give it one more year.

More funnies

Old 07-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #350
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:

Someone is lying about their height.
LeBron and Kobe are...
Look how they are slumping, making Melo and Michael Redd (is that him?) look taller than he is.

And I write too!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #351
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

Four spots left. Here are the pickings.

PGs: Carlos Arroyo, Jason Williams, Keyon Dooling, Patrick Beverly, Kenny Hasbrouck, Eddie House, Mike James

SG/SF: DaSean Butler, James Jones, Rasual Butler, Flip Murray, Jerry Stackhouse, Tracy McGrady, Matt Barnes, Roger Mason Jr.
pg- you just need Williams since we got two at that spot.
sg-Rasual Butler & T-mac [yes tmac]
sf-rasual butler, t-mac again, Matt Barnes [cuz he can play 2,3,4]
Old 07-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #352
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
pg- you just need Williams since we got two at that spot.
sg-Rasual Butler & T-mac [yes tmac]
sf-rasual butler, t-mac again, Matt Barnes [cuz he can play 2,3,4]
I was inclined to agree with you until you played Barnes at the 4...
Power forwards are real power forwards again these days, get off that... Shawn Marion was the last of the effective "small" 4s, and even he wouldn't quite cut it in this league, even though he hasn't left it

And I write too!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #353
frsh4
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
I was inclined to agree with you until you played Barnes at the 4...
Power forwards are real power forwards again these days, get off that... Shawn Marion was the last of the effective "small" 4s, and even he wouldn't quite cut it in this league, even though he hasn't left it
i didnt say he was effective at the 4
i agree with you.
theres no way barnes can handle guys like stoudemire, boozer, gasol, aldridge, etc
i was just praising his flexibility, the way he can play multiple positions.
now can u agree with my picks? haha
Old 07-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #354
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
now can u agree with my picks? haha
i remember when don nelson played corey maggette at PF. Maggette was pissed off. haha

your picks are good. butler is sort of a streaky shooter and idk about williams running the point. he can handle, but pretty much will give points away on the other side. pargo is still available and i've heard the heat possibly want chris quinn back. there's also AI, but he's probably washed up by now.

Quote:
Old 07-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #355
FRpilot
Post Whore!

was just browsing through the top youtube videos of the day and came upon this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvkXmMcGfLo

who is this jeremy lin? didn't know there was another chinese guy around. never heard of him, but looks pretty good. this is summer league after all where guys like mdj could dominate and then stink it up in the regular season.

reminds me of the awesome pre-draft videos of sun yue floating around before he got drafted by the lakers. whatever happened to sun yue.

Quote:
Old 07-18-2010, 05:37 AM   #356
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
lin is good. but, summer league usually dont mean jack.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #357
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
lin is good. but, summer league usually dont mean jack.
Usually it doesn't, but the fact that the guy was completely undrafted and yet he was repeatedly and quite efficiently taking John Wall, the NUMBER ONE draft pick, to school, definitely raises a serious eyebrow.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 07-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #358
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Serious eyebrows on the summer league? Lol

Let me tell you how it is..
Lin has to put more effort because he isn't a number one pick. And has to look good for the mav coach to consider him on the rotation. If you're ever been on a ball team you'll know this.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #359
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
Serious eyebrows on the summer league? Lol

Let me tell you how it is..
Lin has to put more effort because he isn't a number one pick. And has to look good for the mav coach to consider him on the rotation. If you're ever been on a ball team you'll know this.

Yes i've played on a basketball team. Several actually.

Yeah, summer league isn't important to the fans, but it's important to the team's who've invested in these players to potentially have a spot on their rosters (and their payrolls) and obviously it's important to the guys out there playing. And as far Lin having to put more effort, not shit sherlock, he wasn't even drafted. The point is as an undrafted player, he shouldn't be playing as well as he is, especially against the dudes he's playing. And further more, the big name draft picks shouldn't be letting a "nobody" shit on them like that. John wall wasn't trying? My ass.

You should understand this since apparently you've played some real ball. Just like in high school or college ball, even if you started last season, you still gotta play like you want it during tryouts for the next season. And even if you're gonna bullshit through tryouts and open gym runs, you're damn sure not gonna let some random ass fool come in and show you up. I don't care if my spot was on lock, nobody is coming in and making me look like trash. At least that's how i always played....
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 07-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #360
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

the wiz won that game you know that right?
btw wall had 21 pts 7 reb 10 ast vs lin 13 pts 4 reb 2 ast. finishing #1 in the summer league.

i also notice watching the last game earlier that lin can't finish. so wall doesn't have to worry about lin. lin should be worried if he even makes it because of jones.

serious eyebrows, sorry it's not.
Closed Thread