Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #331
Kouki Chick
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Kouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kouki Chick
LOL Josh!

If you buy them this weekend $1900. I need the money like 2 weeks ago?

So transition..I have it out..car is settle and from there I freeze. Most times i do not catch the wheel in time when i throw it to the opposite direction causing me to spin. The knuckles have given me a lot of room for error but i just am not getting it.
Kouki Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #332
NMs14.5kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (38)
NMs14.5kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouki Chick View Post
LOL Josh!

If you buy them this weekend $1900. I need the money like 2 weeks ago?

So transition..I have it out..car is settle and from there I freeze. Most times i do not catch the wheel in time when i throw it to the opposite direction causing me to spin. The knuckles have given me a lot of room for error but i just am not getting it.

hmmm do they clear big brakes? brembos/ z32 rear?

with the transition, when ever i transition i have ran into the problem where i throw the wheel and im not getting enough countersteer in the other direction causing me to spin, you might be doing the same thing, it would help to see a video or to watch you drift. the only other problem i have is when i manji, well its kinda half assed when im lazy, i mostly let the car do the counter steering itself and control the where the back end goes with the throttle but i straight out cuz of lack of throttle havent spun doing that yet, you might be getting on the throttle too much too. how do you get the car to switch directions? clutch kick, using grip or what?
NMs14.5kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #333
Kouki Chick
Zilvia Member

Kouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond reputeKouki Chick has a reputation beyond repute
They clear big brakes front and rear..I have z brakes in the front and have had them on a car with z brakes in the rear. They have also cleared the Project MU's as well.

To get it to transition i throw the wheel and I either don't catch the wheel in time or I don't give it enough gas. Stew has been teaching me and he's awesome but for me..I really don't catch on until I can just put 2 and 2 together and it works. When I am actually in the midst I lose all he says and my mind goes blank. The best is to have him in the car yelling..for instance "Kick, kick, kick" and now in my mind I hear him yelling and now I know when I need to clutch kick..l feel the car slowing and know kick..keep it going..kick. I have the entrys down..the rest i have got to get
Old 06-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #334
NMs14.5kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (38)
NMs14.5kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
ok cool, so i just realized that im broke, lol im going to think about getting them from you, if you still have them when i have some cash then i may pick them up. i will let you know.

im the same way, it can take me a while to figure some things out. prolly what would be best for you is just take what you learned and continue to learn from him, but instead of him telling you what to do in car, have him watch from the outside and tell you what your doing wrong. also watch videos of yourself drifting and figure out why you spun and what you did wrong. oh another thing that would be good to try is do 1st gear full lock figure 8's, pretty much do counter steer donuts get to full lock, and snap the car the other direction and keep on doing the same thing the other direction, it will teach you when to let off throttle and when to get back on the throttle and when to grab the wheel and adjust it. it works really well, its a lot harder than most think. let me know how things go when you go drifting again. i hoped i helped you out.
NMs14.5kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:44 PM   #335
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouki Chick View Post
When I am actually in the midst I lose all he says and my mind goes blank.
haha I know exactly how you feel.

Everytime I've asked for help, i would listen carefully and as soon as I start accelerating, I have forgotten everything I was told. haha

Just keep at it and it will all come together. Then those things that people try to teach you will all make sense and you will start to be able to think while driving instead of just driving.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:01 AM   #336
NismoTuner21
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
NismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Sick S14 love the color combo! I wish there were more women into cars in my area
NismoTuner21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:14 AM   #337
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
aubre's lazy...

god the new te's look so fucking sick
Old 07-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #338
Chad4061
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Chad4061 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
car looks sick man...keep up the work!
Chad4061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #339
Banda1d

Banda1d is an unknown quantity at this point
wow those TE's look nice on your car
Banda1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #340
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Your car looks great!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #341
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Old wheels looked better.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #342
lbsam
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
lbsam is making a name for him/her selflbsam is making a name for him/her selflbsam is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Any updates to the car itself besides wheels?
lbsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #343
TurboFC3C
Zilvia Member

TurboFC3C is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TurboFC3C
UPDATE

More info: On the Run Girl Style: Aubre Houck’s Kouki 240sx «
All photos taken by J.Evins exclusively for MaydayGarage
TurboFC3C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #344
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Holy crap it's been a while...Glad to see this car is alive and kicking!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #345
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Aubre!!! lemme see ya grill

Old 04-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #346
Kouki Chick
Zilvia Member

Ha I have a cwest grill at home..just need to throw it back on..

Geez it's been a long time since I've updated this thread. I want to give John and James a huge thanks for the feature. These guys are awesome as shit and take bad ass pics! I haven't had the car shot since I somewhat finished it up.

I took it for the longest drive since my swap last weekend..we headed out to mineral wells which is about 2 hrs away. It's been a long time since I have taken the car out and messed with it. Stew really pushed me to go and made it happen. So funny when I took off down the course to go run I see him running out with a camera..he was so proud it was awesome having his support. I finally got my transitions down and tried a little mongie at the end.

Thanks to Michael Martin for those pics!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #347
doublestitch180
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
doublestitch180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Holly $h!t. Your ride is Hella clean. The effort has been put in the details. And it truly shows. Well done.
Maybe it just me, but I think it looks cleaner without the white mesh grill in the pics IMO.
Much better with the fitted TE's

BTW, what model and diameter is your nardi wheel?
doublestitch180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #348
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
this is sick.

damn i wish i can get hooked up with em vibrant pipes too! dem pipes are pricey
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:58 AM   #349
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
those TE's look sick nasty
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #350
Pingar

Pingar is an unknown quantity at this point
Lookin' good. Awesome work.
Pingar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #351
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Nice ride!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #352
Turbo Nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
Turbo Nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Wow, nice ride! I wish I had a girlfriend like that LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Aubre!!! lemme see ya grill

Lmfao!!!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #353
catchmydrifts14

Trader Rating: (2)
catchmydrifts14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to catchmydrifts14
Nice Kouki build. That's how mine started, bone stock. Very impressive.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #354
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
wow...can't believe I missed this thread!!

Your car is very well done, I like the attention to detail and the fact it's being driven on the track.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #355
rweezly_s13
Leaky Injector

rweezly_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
this car is clean as hell!!!

ohh and suggestion for gauges, you might not
like the idea, but i say place them in you
glove box, i've had a friend create a box for his
180 and it looked sexc as hell with all those defi's in
it at night, and i've had a friend just use styrofoam
for his c-33, just a suggestion

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/893/img0152cc1.jpg
rweezly_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #356
Kouki Chick
Zilvia Member

Thanks for the compliments as always

The steering wheel is a Nardi Sport Rally Deep Corn 330mm

As far as the gauges go I am eventally going to sell my set up and probably go with the greddy informeter. To me the point of the gauges is so you can utilize them to know what's going on with your car. I need them in plane view to keep an eye on my temps as well as my oil pressure.

As summer is creeping up it's getting close to the time to install my spal fan to help reduce the ongoing cooling issue I cannot seem to get rid of. Also needing to look into picking up an oil cooler and possibly a new look with some updated aero.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:14 PM   #357
hostyS 14

hostyS 14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the gt30 on there yet yet? sorry, didn't have enough time to read through your thread.
hostyS 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #358
CrashQueen
Zilvia Junkie

CrashQueen is close to perfectionCrashQueen is close to perfectionCrashQueen is close to perfectionCrashQueen is close to perfectionCrashQueen is close to perfectionCrashQueen is close to perfectionCrashQueen is close to perfectionCrashQueen is close to perfectionCrashQueen is close to perfectionCrashQueen is close to perfectionCrashQueen is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to CrashQueen
soooo much props to you. You are one awesome chick with one bad ass car.
CrashQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #359
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow amazing build!! I actually got to see your car in person at work one time( Home Depot in Skillman LOL) so f-ing sick!!! Keep up the good work and enjoy it.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #360
nismovspecgtr

nismovspecgtr is an unknown quantity at this point
Great inspiration, I got a few great ideas for my future build. Keep up the outstanding work!
nismovspecgtr is offline   Reply With Quote