Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #331
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
In all seriousness, I have a cousin who walked on at UNC and got one of those scholarships that resides at the end of the bench on EVERY division one school.
He got in at garbage time and only started against Clemson on Senior Day.

Anyway... I got into MANY practices and several games over the course of two seasons (Clyde's junior and senior seasons were Wallace/Stackhouse fresh/soph seasons). Sheed is ACTUALLY a funny motherfucker and all around good dude. I say that having been around him a few times when he was at Carolina. I cannot speak for what he became when he got rich

And I write too!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #332
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
76ers center Andrew Bynum will miss three weeks to rest surgically repaired knee - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

Maybe I AM fine with him being gone after all

And I write too!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #333
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, I may peruse the first preseason game today for the Champion HEAT, although I don't expect much with the number of players out resting injuries and doubtful for play: Wade, Bosh, Allen, Lewis and Miller.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #334
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Basketball talk isn't getting much love now a days
Old 10-16-2012, 02:41 AM   #335
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
really isn't much going on.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 10-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #336
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Should pick up in about 2 weeks
Old 10-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #337
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
Should pick up in about 2 weeks
Basically this. My Celtic fan live in gf is pretty sore that she has to play the heat in their first game...

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 10-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #338
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Wait wtf is this shit I'm seeing about lebron to the Lakers in a couple years???

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 10-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #339
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
Wait wtf is this shit I'm seeing about lebron to the Lakers in a couple years???

I heard about that....I really don't see that happening. It would be too awkward seeing him jump ship like that.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #340
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
The Lebron stuff is dumb. Espn clearly needs a story. IF Lebron wants to chase the money then it makes sense.....but we're 2 YEARS from that. Who cares....

In other news, i can't watch all the Lakers games because of their contract with Time Warner Cable and the fact that my service provider Cox Communications doesn't carry Time Warner Sportsnet. I'm pissed. I swear Cox doesn't carry shit. They burned me when they said i couldn't PAY for Universal Sports and now they're gonna burn me again with this Time Warner shit.

Case and point: I'm switching internet/phone/cable providers.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #341
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
Basically this. My Celtic fan live in gf is pretty sore that she has to play the heat in their first game...
Tell her to cheer up, last time we won a championship the underpowered Bulls blew us out by 40points in opening night. It's possible that the Heat lose the first game of the season.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #342
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
Tell her to cheer up, last time we won a championship the underpowered Bulls blew us out by 40points in opening night. It's possible that the Heat lose the first game of the season.
Ya but she bitter she gonna have to see Allen in a heat jetwey

Old 10-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #343
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
whats up guys! so where are my Knick fans!!! lol

kobe might miss the season opener with the foot issue! gasphh!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #344
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
In other news, i can't watch all the Lakers games because of their contract with Time Warner Cable and the fact that my service provider Cox Communications doesn't carry Time Warner Sportsnet. I'm pissed. I swear Cox doesn't carry shit. They burned me when they said i couldn't PAY for Universal Sports and now they're gonna burn me again with this Time Warner shit.

Case and point: I'm switching internet/phone/cable providers.

Keep in mind, this is for ALL carriers not named Time Warner...

I have DirecTV and will not be able to watch Lakers games unless they pick up TW Sportsnet. VERY SAD!!!

But at the same time, I really doubt DirecTV is going to let ALL the Socal residents/bars/restuarants who use them go very long without the channel. I'm sure some sort of deal will be worked out soon... i hope...
Old 10-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #345
vqboodah
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
vqboodah is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Surprised no one brought up the fact that the Thunder traded Harden!!

Oklahoma City Thunder trade James Harden to Houston Rockets - ESPN
Old 10-28-2012, 06:46 AM   #346
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by vqboodah View Post

I was GOING to yesterday, but then I got drunk instead.
It was a cash move, Harden would be due more money than OKC could afford at the end of this season, and it would have been unfair to him to ask him to stay for less.
Business, it happens

And I write too!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #347
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
It was a cash move, Harden would be due more money than OKC could afford at the end of this season, and it would have been unfair to him to ask him to stay for less.
Business, it happens
To be honest Harden was expendable for a team like OKC. They can replace his production with cheaper players, until they find a suitable replacement.

I think their biggest problem is still the front court. Perkins and Ibaka are just not good enough to make a difference.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #348
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Business, it happens
I guess $2M a year is just too much money to try to win a damn ring. I got a feeling he'll regret it later down his career when he's over 30 and no championship. Now I think OKC dropped the ball on this and their chances of winning the championship isnt as good as it was last year for sure.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #349
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vqboodah View Post

No one brought up that David Stern is retiring in 2014 either.

I think the Thunder should have tried to keep Harden, but he wanted the max and wouldn't budge. Keeping Harden would have been the best case scenario, but since that looked unlikely I would have jumped at that offer too if I was the Thunder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #350
jamg
Nissanaholic!

jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
harden is a better #2 or 3 guy. he's not going to do well in the #1 spotlight.

should have took the cut like other players have, to win.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #351
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Jamg how can you ask Harden to take a cut when Ibaka, Durant and Westbrook are getting paid? Thats just stupid. Harden is also a pretty good 1 it's what he played most of the time when he came off the bench because Westbrook was so bad at running the point. Personally I think the Thunder should have traded Ibaka and paid Harden. I just don't see Kevin Martin bringing the Thunder what Harden could. Hell I seriously think the Thunder could have gotten a better player for Harden. Plus I doubt he will regret much, this was all about getting paid because his stock is high. Much like Lin did, there is nothing wrong with that when you're a young NBA player.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #352
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

The Thunder overpaid worst in Perkins and Westbrook.
Perkins was a product of a system in Boston and Westbrook is still Westbrook. Ibaka at least gives a lot of effort creating outcomes defensively. Overpaying everyone not named Kevin Wayne Durant and then letting anyone you need walk - even if by trade - after playing the "you should be loyal to us" card is some bullshit. Westbrook AND Harden should be getting what Harden wanted before they traded him.

And I write too!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #353
revat619
Retired General

i think OKC's offer to Harden for 4 years and 55.5 million was right on the money as far as his actual worth. He wanted the dollars and not the potential ring so he left. That's HIS bad, not OKC's.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #354
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

While that may seem fair, the fact is that in a world where Kevin Durant is worth 5/$85mil there is no way in hell Westbrook should be getting 5/$80mil. If OKC had not blown the bank on Westbrook, they may have had more to spend on Harden. As I understand it, they were “only” like 4.5 apart, and OKC wasn’t willing to spend it.

Oh well, he will have to start now, and he will have to put up numbers consistent with his pay grade as well, we’ll see how this plays out.

And I write too!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #355
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Harden was just on sports radio. Some things:

-Heard news while he was at dinner. Presti called him and dropped the bomb. Was in disbelief at first

-Said Thunder did give him a timeline to make a decision, but he needed more time than what they were giving him (1hr?) as this was the biggest decision of his life. They obviously pulled the trigger while he was still deciding.

-More than reay to start. Said he's done it his entire life. 6th man role was an adjustment to him and he will adjust back to being a starter.

-Olympics gave him confidence

-Excited to be playing in the system as they are planning to play a very fast, up tempo offense.

-Says he's confident in his leadership abilities. Mentioned he was one of the main vocal leaders on the Thunder. Will obviously take a second to get adjusted to new teammates.

He sounded pretty confident, and excited though about his role now as a starter. Guess that's what he's supposed to say tho.

They will have enough space this off season to sign another max player this off season too...or over pay as Morey likes to do.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #356
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
The biggest winners of the Thunder/Rockets trade is the Lakers.

What I'm hoping for this season though is for my Nuggets to get out of the first round, which I think is highly possible.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #357
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post

exactly what i was thinking!

Old 10-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #358
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
David Stern "fixed" finals matchup conspiracy theory, lol
Joking
I still worry that even this Lakers team can do it with Mike Brown at the helm. Also, as good as the Laker's first 5 are on paper, the Heat's first ten should scare everyone in the damned league, honestly.

Quote:
What I'm hoping for this season though is for my Nuggets to get out of the first round, which I think is highly possible.
Were you under the influence when you typed that?

And I write too!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #359
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

Were you under the influence when you typed that?
With the addition of Iggy, and their solid bench and role players I don't see why they wouldn't be able to make it out the 1st round.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #360
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Wouldnt that all be dependent on who they play in first round? You think they're good enough to make it pass the Lakers, OKC or the yearly sleepers called the Spurs?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Closed Thread