Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:43 AM   #331
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
there was a guy selling a zenki in oregon for 8k, all original, 80k miles. i turned it down cause i didn't wanna hack up a nice s chassis. lol would love to have a real kouki. i had my first s14 in 2004 i think. missed that damn thing, mines identical except for sunroof. <3
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2016, 11:56 AM   #332
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I hear you man.
Sometimes I wish that I could find a nice boosted S14. That way I don't have to cut any holes in the body....lol

IF I'm going to boost another s14, I will find a way to route the piping without cutting anything.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:27 PM   #333
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I bought the first one from a dealership in Columbus, MS . The sales manager was a family friend so I asked if he could find a 97-98, stick, any color but red. A month later, a flawless, one owner, cobalt green 97 se, with 38k miles was on the lot. I was there to sign the paperwork as soon as they opened. It was on the lot for 12 hours. Traded my 89 s13 hatch, off the lot for $11.5k. Had to sell it to get a truck in 09. Regretted it ever since. Even tried to track it down before I bought my red s14. Found out my very loved first s14 had been totalled in Millington, Tn in 2013. Even with all its quirks, I loved that car. Even though I have another one, it just isn't the same.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:21 AM   #334
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I hear you man.

I actually bought mine not too long ago. Blue/green, boosted by a cheap idiot, popped on deceleration at exactly 4200 rpms, had the body ripped apart for the intercooler piping, which were in sections with different diameters and many couplers and the trunk bottom was dented.

Despite all off that, I loved that car. I bought another one because the price was right and sold the 'older' one. I don't regret it, but I do miss that the old bastard.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:37 AM   #335
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

I do miss my old one. it'll never be the same. but now I have the opportunity to mod it with a TON more knowledge and experience instead of probably a hack job sr or something. turbo v8 and real paint. much better than what I had in mind over 10 years ago. LOL
Old 07-10-2016, 10:48 AM   #336
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostyMcZface View Post
I do miss my old one. it'll never be the same. but now I have the opportunity to mod it with a TON more knowledge and experience instead of probably a hack job sr or something. turbo v8 and real paint. much better than what I had in mind over 10 years ago. LOL
AND you're a baller now, so the car will look a million times better and be 100 times faster in no time too....lol
Old 07-10-2016, 05:48 PM   #337
S30ZG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
S30ZG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
There's a few kouki s14s around bellevue that I've seen SoundEFX. One was a black s14 that sat in a driveway for a very long time and never moved. My friend said he knocked on the door once and the guys mom said he's going to make it a race car when he's done with college. That was like 7 years ago and the car finally disappeared about 3-4 months ago after being neglected for so long.

The other is a silver moss kouki down the street from my house. It's factory 5 speed completely stock and owned by an old lady. It has 88k on the clock and they bought it new from the dealership. I've talked to the husband and the wife both and she wasn't quite ready to sell it. I've always wondered if you walked up with like 6k cash if they would finally budge because all they used to use it for was a tow vehicle behind their RV [emoji43]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S30ZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:30 AM   #338
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Damn S30, you're lucky. There are many stories of people not ready to sell, but when they do, sell it to the person who asked about it 1000 times and one who has a good looking car themselves. That way they know that it will be cared for.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:42 PM   #339
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
She's finally running guys... well, for the weekend it ran perfect, drove it to Evergreen Drift on Friday to do media, I don't have a tune so can't rip on it. I put about 100 miles on her over the weekend, parked it, no major issues! I pulled the ECU out Monday night and shipped my ECU off this morning to Nismotronic. A full standalone should be back in a few weeks time ready to tune!

Bonus: gf bought a 99 Pathfinder super cheap, she plastidipped Totoro on the side! I'll have to buy a flatbed trailer one of these days for PARC and we'll tow my 240 down to Oregon!

Old 07-13-2016, 12:04 PM   #340
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Congrats pimp.

Summer seems to be a good one for you so far.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:36 PM   #341
TuckerAgain

TuckerAgain is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's a picture of my 92 hatchback. It's been in the family for about 12 years now. Slowly getting it back together and making it fun again.

TuckerAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:17 AM   #342
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

niceeee. hope you guys are all enjoying summer. i hear theres big groups driving around doing cruises to places to catch pokemon LOL
Old 07-14-2016, 08:45 AM   #343
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

We're in WA, there is no summer.
It's more like 'Walk out side and hope it doesn't rain' type of weather....lol
Old 07-14-2016, 01:57 PM   #344
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

Clutch Dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Clutch Dog
Quote:
We're in WA, there is no summer.It's more like 'Walk out side and hope it doesn't rain' type of weather....lol
Fucking word..
Quote:
I have a set of supposedly 12:1 cp pistons for the ka if you're interested. Still in the box
As far as the 12:1 pistons..... well long story super short. might be selling the 240 for some rotary business. MIGHT. I dont know yet. Ive never had a clean as stock zenki before. BUT Ive also never had an engine that spins up to 9k rpms and will treat me like a vehicular version of a dominatrix. huehuehue
Old 07-14-2016, 02:17 PM   #345
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Mild summer, we're heading into an early La Nina season. Good for anyone that snowboards or skis 😂

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2016, 02:23 PM   #346
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Dog View Post
Fucking word.. As far as the 12:1 pistons..... well long story super short. might be selling the 240 for some rotary business. MIGHT. I dont know yet. Ive never had a clean as stock zenki before. BUT Ive also never had an engine that spins up to 9k rpms and will treat me like a vehicular version of a dominatrix. huehuehue
If it's in a FD, I kind of understand, but my answer will always be to keep both.
Have you seen the amount of threads with people wishing they held on to their S14.
Either way, good luck.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:25 PM   #347
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
Mild summer, we're heading into an early La Nina season. Good for anyone that snowboards or skis 😂

I do neither AND I'm from the Caribbean, so La Nina could SHOVE IT!!!!! lol
Old 07-15-2016, 03:47 AM   #348
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
If it's in a FD, I kind of understand, but my answer will always be to keep both.
Have you seen the amount of threads with people wishing they held on to their S14.
Either way, good luck.
Keeping both presents a challenge as I need something a bit more spacious and fuel efficent for my daily needs. I have an 06 accord that ive been driving, 6 speed. and was thinking on selling that witht he cash from the 240 to get a nicer rx8, then turning around and using the money from both my Focus' to buy another forester ( i love me those series 2 subies..)

this 240 is my 4th one, and while it is the most stock Ive owned before Ive even driven it ive bought it new tires, a new fuel pump and have a short laundry list of things ( like a manual swap) that need to be done to really make it my own.

OR I could buy an rx8 and throw a tune onit with an exhaust and blitz the snot outta it.

Im really between ideas at the moment.

yes I have four cars and I am complaining about it. Sorry for #firstworldproblems
Old 07-15-2016, 03:56 AM   #349
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

I'm gonna be so pissed if its all rainy and shitty when I get back. I need a few weeks of good driving weather. DAMN YOU WASHINGTON. My 240 leaks in the rain sometimes -_- I need a new sunroof seal and unclog the rain drain things. I bought a new lockset and half the stuff for my q45 rear diff setup though. :P

Anyone got a fender roller? I'm gonna need to pull the crap outta my fenders when I get back. Gotta stuff 18x9 +20 245/40 and 18x10 +25 275/35 and I don't want overs. or camber.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:24 AM   #350
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Dog View Post
Keeping both presents a challenge as I need something a bit more spacious and fuel efficent for my daily needs. I have an 06 accord that ive been driving, 6 speed. and was thinking on selling that witht he cash from the 240 to get a nicer rx8, then turning around and using the money from both my Focus' to buy another forester ( i love me those series 2 subies..)

this 240 is my 4th one, and while it is the most stock Ive owned before Ive even driven it ive bought it new tires, a new fuel pump and have a short laundry list of things ( like a manual swap) that need to be done to really make it my own.

OR I could buy an rx8 and throw a tune onit with an exhaust and blitz the snot outta it.

Im really between ideas at the moment.

yes I have four cars and I am complaining about it. Sorry for #firstworldproblems
I was never a fan of the rx8, so my bias opinion is just that, bias....lol.

There are certain cars I like, some old like the 240, Integra, Supra, M3 and some new like the Challenger. Everything else can suck it. I made up my mind a while ago to never drive cars I don't like when I almost bought a GOLD civic as a daily.....lol

My main point is, don't sell a car just because. If you like it, keep it. I have heard too many people sell their car and when you bring it up, their faces slump because they know that they shouldn't have.

If you NEED to sell, that's a different story, but don't sell if you know that you really love the car.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:28 AM   #351
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostyMcZface View Post
I'm gonna be so pissed if its all rainy and shitty when I get back. I need a few weeks of good driving weather. DAMN YOU WASHINGTON. My 240 leaks in the rain sometimes -_- I need a new sunroof seal and unclog the rain drain things. I bought a new lockset and half the stuff for my q45 rear diff setup though. :P

Anyone got a fender roller? I'm gonna need to pull the crap outta my fenders when I get back. Gotta stuff 18x9 +20 245/40 and 18x10 +25 275/35 and I don't want overs. or camber.
By Aug. it should be drier than it is now, so you should be ok.

There is a gap at the back of the sun roof, is that normal or is a chunk of molding missing on mine? In either case, I have never driven the 240 in the rain because I don't want to find out if it leaks, the hard way.

You should be able to get a fender roller rented/borrowed fairly easily.

I might be going one size narrower than you, 8.5 front, 9.5 rear, but we'll see.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:15 PM   #352
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I was never a fan of the rx8, so my bias opinion is just that, bias....lol.

There are certain cars I like, some old like the 240, Integra, Supra, M3 and some new like the Challenger. Everything else can suck it. I made up my mind a while ago to never drive cars I don't like when I almost bought a GOLD civic as a daily.....lol

My main point is, don't sell a car just because. If you like it, keep it. I have heard too many people sell their car and when you bring it up, their faces slump because they know that they shouldn't have.

If you NEED to sell, that's a different story, but don't sell if you know that you really love the car.
Today 04:56 AM
I did some soul searching last night, and I am already an ITB kit, and Z32 brake swap and new tires in on this car. So we'll keep playing with it. Now is the time to sell the focus' and keep my accord too. originally i wanted to get rid of a car payment but what you said is exactly right, I like both of them ( i know i might catch flak for liking an accord but seriously. its a J30A with 6 speed manual and some 240 odd hp... whats not to like)

that said id still like an engine and trans assembly and will be keeping my eyes out for them

the 12:1 compression pistons sounds nice, but... holy hell man that's high. I was only planning on a 10.5:1
why 12?
Old 07-15-2016, 02:16 PM   #353
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I don't know accords but no car enthusiast will 'diss' an engine just because it's from another manufacturer. For instance, you can't sleep on a H or K series honda engine. Besides, the J is a V6, what's not to boost.... I mean ..... like....lol

I get some flak when I climb out of my OLD vehicle, but I don't give a flying fuc. I'm happy and I love the damn thing....lol.

BUT as I said before, want and need are too different things. Right now, I have no car payments and I'm loving it. But if a reasonable priced E46 M3 shows up, that will def. change....lol
Old 07-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #354
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

Alotta K and B fanatics hate the J crowd because anything they do.... we can do better. XD some EK hatch guys swap in the J30 engine and stroke it out with a J35 crank to make a "mini" 3.5 v6 that makes well into 300 NA. and for not that much extra weight over a boosted K20/24 motor. oh and it can rev to 8500 with the right valve springs.right now my accord is stock minus the sway bars, endlinks and springs that came from a TL-S ( s for sporty) it handles way better since its lighter than a TL-s too.Im starting to price together an idea for boosting the KA engine. nothing spectatular, i want the car to be centered around a T28 turbo for minimal lag. any tips for a KA-T build? I might have a guy selling his E36 m3 by the by....
Old 07-15-2016, 02:39 PM   #355
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I am not a fan of the E36's. They are a little too 'square' for me. The E46 has the right amount of curves....lol

I always wondered why people go with such a small turbo on a large displacement 4 banger. I use the typical T3/T4 turbos and if you're worried about lag, get a smaller AR turbine housing.

The build could be as cheap or expensive as you want, but never cheap out on your wastegate and tune. Remember, reliable, cheap and fast, you can only have two. What's your budget?

Are you manual or auto? I loved my boosted auto S14. Very predictable and I could never misshift...lol
Old 07-15-2016, 02:53 PM   #356
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

it has an auto now but I will be swapping it for a manual before I do anything more outside the brakes. Automatics are great and all But i miss my sprints through tahuya and the olypmics. I had an 2.5rs 2001 subaru with a manual and full locking rear diff. can you say awd powerslides?And budget? really isnt any. if i want to do it right. I want to get good parts. and make it capable of holding alot of power. me and Bonta's thought is . you build a motor to make XXX hp, then dial it back to 70% and you can run at 70% forever and a day. and the KA is a large displacement motor but the 35R is a big big, id have to run a wonky custom set up. or i can settle from an off the shelve ( or used) turbo of a standard size and go from there.already I am thinkining, forged 9:1 compression pistons, new clevite bearings, ARP everything, all new software, new water pump, new cam journals, ported intake manifold. bottom mounted turbo. 550cc injectors. probably try to tune everything with a vipec ecu since i have experience with that software, that or Link and I lied. its an E46 https://m.facebook.com/bdale?fref=nf...37656&__tn__=C this guy has one for sale
Old 07-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #357
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I hear you with running the build at 70% of it's capabilities. Peace of mind while still being fast is a thing of beauty.

Ever thought about sleeving the block?

I flashed my other nissan with osiris from uprev, but they don't do 240's, so I was thinking about taking out the safc and going nistune because zsport tunes with them. But times and things changed.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:21 PM   #358
Tucker

Tucker is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's a picture of my '92 Hatchback. I originally bought it when I was in college about 11 years ago. I'm slowly getting it back to better condition.

Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:50 PM   #359
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I am not a fan of the E36's. They are a little too 'square' for me. The E46 has the right amount of curves....lol

I always wondered why people go with such a small turbo on a large displacement 4 banger. I use the typical T3/T4 turbos and if you're worried about lag, get a smaller AR turbine housing.

The build could be as cheap or expensive as you want, but never cheap out on your wastegate and tune. Remember, reliable, cheap and fast, you can only have two. What's your budget?

Are you manual or auto? I loved my boosted auto S14. Very predictable and I could never misshift...lol
This is why, instant response even with journal bearing. Cheap too.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:52 PM   #360
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

I'll have to get a GT2871R in the future