Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #331
stroked_jz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
stroked_jz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
not trying to call bs on the miata... well i guess nvm. yes i am... my buddy arash (joe) has what is known as the highest hp miata at the moment. Hes blown 3 different ls motors and is now running an lq motor, all set ups have been running on a t56 with a rear mount oil-less 76mm turbo. He makes high 600's on low boost and has never cranked it up to its full potential. Just saying. I think your friend is telling a few little white lies. Just sayin.
stroked_jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #332
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

futures14drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked_jz View Post
not trying to call bs on the miata... well i guess nvm. yes i am... my buddy arash (joe) has what is known as the highest hp miata at the moment. Hes blown 3 different ls motors and is now running an lq motor, all set ups have been running on a t56 with a rear mount oil-less 76mm turbo. He makes high 600's on low boost and has never cranked it up to its full potential. Just saying. I think your friend is telling a few little white lies. Just sayin.
obvious troll is obvious...its my miata, and it does have 9000hp..LOL
futures14drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #333
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:

I think he was being sarcastic about 9k horsepower lol. He was just making a point he has been behind the wheel of power before.
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #334
JoeyTheKid
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
JoeyTheKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Well I can understand why he's not making 9k to the wheels, his tuning is obviously off if he has blown 3 LS motors running low boost.
JoeyTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #335
stroked_jz
Leaky Injector

stroked_jz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by futures14drift View Post
obvious troll is obvious...its my miata, and it does have 9000hp..LOL
I figured it was a typo for 900hp. And as far as the motors, he blew the pistons in the 1st 2, due to it being a aluminum block, and the last one was tue to his machine shop improperly building the block. Now hes on to the lq because they are cast iron, and better for boosting.
stroked_jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #336
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
any updates?
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #337
TonyCG_7799
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
TonyCG_7799 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vJilly View Post
any updates?
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TonyCG_7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #338
VegasDrifterS13
Zilvia Junkie

VegasDrifterS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
any updates?
+2

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
VegasDrifterS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:23 AM   #339
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
I made it to page 12....

Kid you're set for life if you can survive this forum LOL

keep it up...
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #340
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasDrifterS13 View Post
+2

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Yea, sorry guys..

Car is in NH getting a roll cage and looked over engine wise to see why it wont start, my 25mm front fenders came too, cant wait to mount those...Once i get the car back ill be updating ASAP.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #341
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Also, i bought some parts on cyber monday, and recently made a trade on z32 calipers for my polished intake manifold i didnt plan on using.

drilled and slotted rotors

subframe bushings, i thought fuck it while i pull the diff to weld it i minus well sandblast and paint the subframe and do the bushings.

jdm stuff!!

HID's because add horsepower

stoppin power for all the 330 horsepower!! woah

finally...too bad no car to put them on LOL

Incase u didnt know..the trailer says "T3" because the trailer is boosted with a t3 flange turbo.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #342
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Well all my fuel lines are junk so they are being replaced with stainless steel braided lines. i am looking for a fuel sending unit if you have one please message me thanks
Old 01-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #343
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

any progress on this?
Old 01-03-2014, 10:18 PM   #344
Davidna2fi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
Davidna2fi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I love the OP attitude. Keep at it. Seems you are surrounded by knowledgeable people to guide you in the right direction. You got it made when it comes to getting good advice.
Davidna2fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:34 PM   #345
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Quote:
any progress on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidna2fi View Post
I love the OP attitude. Keep at it. Seems you are surrounded by knowledgeable people to guide you in the right direction. You got it made when it comes to getting good advice.
Thanks man. Update!!

The car now runs..you guys will never believe the problem. I knew the car was not getting spark, the ignitor chip was good, the problem was with my brand new wiring specialties harness. One of the ignitor chip plugs was broken, and thats why it didnt get spark.

Heres the only video there is
Instagram
Old 01-06-2014, 02:30 PM   #346
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that's surprising. Well that's good it's running man
Old 01-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #347
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
seen russ posting about it. dang
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #348
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

we need a video
Old 01-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #349
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Quote:
we need a video
I posted it! Instagram

Thats the only video he took because still working out problems so its better for it not to run, I am picking it up on sunday and the half cage will be done...Cant wait. Expect progress from there on to pick back up!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #350
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive been into S Chassis' since I was 13 and did a lot of research up until I turned 16 and got my first car, which was a S13 Hatch. Loved that car and had fun, but still rushed it impulse buying shit left and right. Now Im 18 (Just turned 18 today actually) and am on my 2nd S Chassis, a S13 coupe. My 2 cents is to definitely get your suspension set up before power. I just ordered PBM front and rear knuckles to complete my suspension (Which is also all PBM), and let me tell you... even though I worked my ass off to afford all that shit, I know my car will be able to handle well once I go for a swap. But keep it up dude, not many young people out there doing stuff like this on their own. Excited to see where this goes.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #351
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofuhcka View Post
I just ordered PBM front and rear knuckles to complete my suspension (Which is also all PBM), and let me tell you... even though I worked my ass off to afford all that shit, I know my car will be able to handle well once I go for a swap.
Happy birthday but no it won't.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:59 PM   #352
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Happy birthday but no it won't.
Thank you. But I think that it will go hand in hand with the goals I have for my car. Just wanna hear your thoughts on it.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:09 AM   #353
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:
Thank you. But I think that it will go hand in hand with the goals I have for my car. Just wanna hear your thoughts on it.

If you're using a stock KA and trying to drift then yeah I guess the stiff springs with not so great dampers will help your car "handle well".

I'm not going to go as far to say that PBM doesn't make good products. But I made a mistake in selling a good set of Fortunes to go with PBM Pro's for the sole purpose of going lower and that wasn't a smart choice. And with my newest set up, I don't even think Fortunes are that great anymore so that kind of says something about what I think of the pro's.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:11 AM   #354
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Ive been into S Chassis' since I was 13 and did a lot of research up until I turned 16 and got my first car, which was a S13 Hatch. Loved that car and had fun, but still rushed it impulse buying shit left and right. Now Im 18 (Just turned 18 today actually) and am on my 2nd S Chassis, a S13 coupe. My 2 cents is to definitely get your suspension set up before power. I just ordered PBM front and rear knuckles to complete my suspension (Which is also all PBM), and let me tell you... even though I worked my ass off to afford all that shit, I know my car will be able to handle well once I go for a swap. But keep it up dude, not many young people out there doing stuff like this on their own. Excited to see where this goes.
Happy birthday man, thanks for ur input. I am trying to get some z32 calipers and work my way from there. parts are expensive hahah
Old 01-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #355
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
If you're using a stock KA and trying to drift then yeah I guess the stiff springs with not so great dampers will help your car "handle well".

I'm not going to go as far to say that PBM doesn't make good products. But I made a mistake in selling a good set of Fortunes to go with PBM Pro's for the sole purpose of going lower and that wasn't a smart choice. And with my newest set up, I don't even think Fortunes are that great anymore so that kind of says something about what I think of the pro's.
I mean right now I just have the stock single cam. It gets the job done. I'm going SR soon (my friend has an extra one he is rebuilding right now) But everyone has different preferences. Did you have all the other PBM suspension pieces as well? I think they go hand in hand with each other very well, but that's my opinion about how my car is setup. Thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by futures14drift View Post
Happy birthday man, thanks for ur input. I am trying to get some z32 calipers and work my way from there. parts are expensive hahah
Yuppp shit is not cheap lol. Next thing I'm trying to do is 5lug swap and then SR
Old 01-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #356
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

I've driven other 240's with PBM pro and fortunes, still prefer my Tein super drifts. As for going hand in hand, ehh. I don't agree. Other than the bushings maybe being different, it really shouldn't matter what arms you have in relation to performance of the coilovers.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #357
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev71893 View Post
I've driven other 240's with PBM pro and fortunes, still prefer my Tein super drifts. As for going hand in hand, ehh. I don't agree. Other than the bushings maybe being different, it really shouldn't matter what arms you have in relation to performance of the coilovers.
But if you really think about it, companies aren't gonna make parts that are super compatible with competing brands. And they more than likely test their products while using their other suspension pieces. Either way, I'm entirely happy with my suspension set up right now.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #358
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
But if you really think about it, companies aren't gonna make parts that are super compatible with competing brands. And they more than likely test their products while using their other suspension pieces. Either way, I'm entirely happy with my suspension set up right now.

With what though? Its a suspension arm. It sits still and that's it. The bushings might be different but dude it's meant for adjustments and it sits still and doesn't move. A PBM arm with PBM coils wouldn't be any different than like tein arms and PBM coils. It does not directly affect the coils in respect to handling. I could only see having different bushings being the only thing but even then it would be slight
Old 01-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #359
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev71893 View Post
With what though? Its a suspension arm. It sits still and that's it. The bushings might be different but dude it's meant for adjustments and it sits still and doesn't move. A PBM arm with PBM coils wouldn't be any different than like tein arms and PBM coils. It does not directly affect the coils in respect to handling. I could only see having different bushings being the only thing but even then it would be slight
You had the right idea on your first reply (minus the last sentence) . And now this post, not so much.

Suspension arms don't "sit still". PBM's bearings are spherical which move plenty and don't bind like poly bushings would.

As for mating PBM with PBM products and getting good results, that may be true... if you're comparing with stock components. But truth is PBM coilovers isn't as great in the handling department and their weak link as far as entry level coilovers go. I've come to realize this over time.

Drifting requires short bursts of hard driving and PBM has proven that it can withstand that type of abuse. But if you were to test PBM on a RR course and even an autocross course, you'd be surprised at how poorly they are valved and how poorly they "handle".

Again, I'm not saying PBM is not a reputable and quality company. But their coilovers aren't more than just colorful coilovers.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #360
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
You had the right idea on your first reply (minus the last sentence) . And now this post, not so much.

Suspension arms don't "sit still". PBM's bearings are spherical which move plenty and don't bind like poly bushings would.

As for mating PBM with PBM products and getting good results, that may be true... if you're comparing with stock components. But truth is PBM coilovers isn't as great in the handling department and their weak link as far as entry level coilovers go. I've come to realize this over time.

Drifting requires short bursts of hard driving and PBM has proven that it can withstand that type of abuse. But if you were to test PBM on a RR course and even an autocross course, you'd be surprised at how poorly they are valved and how poorly they "handle".

Again, I'm not saying PBM is not a reputable and quality company. But their coilovers aren't more than just colorful coilovers.

Again I said the bushings are the only big difference, and I wasn't comparing with stock, of course it would be with other good aftermarket arms, which pretty much a shit ton I've seen has spherical bearings. I'm saying the actual rod itself does not move. Yes the bushings flex or spherical bearings move but I'm comparing as if it was the same type of bearing with different manufacturer.