Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #3631
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I know the comments he makes are old now, but did anyone catch where Nico was having a huge debate basically about the same thing that we are now and Andy Palmer made an account and posted? It's 3 posts in all. Page 6 and 7.

Why Nissan NEEDS an Affordable RWD Sports Car : General Chat - Page 6
This following quote from him make me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Palmer
The Z370 is still a terrific car, especially the NISMO version
Can't even get that right.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #3632
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
So....

Pretty bad when a 2013 Wrangler has a better quality interior than a FRS.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #3633
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Report: Toyota Supra Successor May Get 400-HP Turbo 2.5L I-4 Hybrid Powertrain - WOT on Motor Trend
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #3634
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
The RWD Holden Commodore VF is coming to the US this year.
Too bad it will be sold here as a Chevrolet.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #3635
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FR-S Vert anyone?

First 86/FR-S Convertible Spotted! - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB
Old 02-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #3636
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Isn't that just the successor of G8?

LOL.....
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #3637
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
ive already driven it, its the new chevy caprice. the reason its being brought here is for police use. it was originally only supposed to be for law enforcement, but i think chevy decided to sell it publicly. we had one come into the shop for a design i worked for the henderson police dept.

ill be the first to admit its got some balls to it, even for an automatic. i was impressed.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #3638
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Why is that "to bad"? Brand snob?
Old 02-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #3639
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
ive already driven it, its the new chevy caprice. the reason its being brought here is for police use. it was originally only supposed to be for law enforcement, but i think chevy decided to sell it publicly. we had one come into the shop for a design i worked for the henderson police dept.

ill be the first to admit its got some balls to it, even for an automatic. i was impressed.
We'll find out Saturday I belive. It will be called the "Chevy SS", should be $40k and come standard with a V8.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #3640
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
Isn't that just the successor of G8?
Yes.

Fantastic chassis.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #3641
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Is that a back seat?

why yes it is
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #3642
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
^-- That girl needs a sandwich

Also Chevy Caprice != Chevy SS

Look forward to the details on the SS this weekend. I know this is a bad comparison, but I wonder how it will stack up to a used current gen CTS-V. Once in a while that car will pop-up with fairly low mileage and really good price that's below 40K.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #3643
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Why is that "to bad"? Brand snob?
Chevrolet has the 'domestic/redneck' stigma attached to it which may turn away potential buyers from the 'import' crowd even when the car they are offering may be a fun one. Holden would be something new and exciting, plus it is a much cooler name with a cooler logo.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #3644
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Chevrolet has the 'domestic/redneck' stigma attached to it which may turn away potential buyers from the 'import' crowd even when the car they are offering may be a fun one. Holden would be something new and exciting, plus it is a much cooler name with a cooler logo.
I have to disagree. Holden would be a "what the fuck is that..." along with all "holding what?" jokes and the millions needed to build a new dealership network and advertise it so people know what it is.

Saturn was the "Redneck Free" import fighter brand, and it flopped.

I'm sure the potential buyers will be dropping the clutch and waving the middle finger to the nerds in their Acura at the stop light when they sign that shit - 'merika fuck yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKL254Y_jtc
Old 02-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #3645
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post

Just to clarify, you've driven the previous gen which is what the G8 was based off of. The new SS is based off of the next gen Commadore. And there's no comparing a police cruiser suspension and interior wise to a sport tuned production car with a higher quality interior.

Anyway, here's the production version that was introduced yesterday and made it's live debut. I was sooo excited for this car but GM confirmed only paddle shifters will be available. I love how it looks, but no manual tranny option kills it for me.

2014 Chevrolet SS Photo Gallery - Autoblog
Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #3646
Corbic
Post Whore!

Chevy SS revealed... and it looks to be autotragic only.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #3647
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^^ Yeah, I read the specs on that earlier, and it didn't make any sense to me. I thought this car was supposed to be positioned as more of a G8 GXP vehicle, but it seems to be more of a G8 GT type car. I dunno, pretty disappointing.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #3648
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
^^ Yeah, I read the specs on that earlier, and it didn't make any sense to me. I thought this car was supposed to be positioned as more of a G8 GXP vehicle, but it seems to be more of a G8 GT type car. I dunno, pretty disappointing.

Styling is also weak sauce. Looks like an Impala.

I'd rather just get a 300C at this point.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #3649
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I'd rather find a used G8 than either of those options.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #3650
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
No one talking about the new miata? It looks really good. I only saw a pic in the new motor trend anyone got any more info on it?

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #3651
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I was two years ago and one year ago. Can't wait.
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:29 AM   #3652
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
The 'Imported From Detroit' campaign has always sounded like a contradiction to me. Are they using the term 'imported' hoping it will make people will want their cars more, thus acknowledging that imported cars are more desirable?
Old 02-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #3653
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
The 'Imported From Detroit' campaign has always sounded like a contradiction to me. Are they using the term 'imported' hoping it will make people will want their cars more, thus acknowledging that imported cars are more desirable?
Well how many people in here have said "I'd buy that if it wasn't X-Domestic Brand".

Would you prefer another GM style "'merika fuck yeah" campaign?

What the Chrysler commercial is saying is that Dertriot is bad ass and unlike anywhere else- these cars are imported - from Detroit.

I would take a 300 over an Accord or Avalon any day.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #3654
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeisNissan View Post
No one talking about the new miata? It looks really good. I only saw a pic in the new motor trend anyone got any more info on it?
I haven't seen anything about it...
Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #3655
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I haven't seen anything about it...
God Mel, thats because you havent seen anything about anything!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #3656
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
What the Chrysler commercial is saying is that Dertriot is bad ass and unlike anywhere else- these cars are imported - from Detroit.
That would make it false advertising because Detroit is actually the worst slumhole in the US.

My proposed slogan:
"It is all the same thing so you may as well buy ours!"
Old 02-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #3657
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
2014 Mazda MX-5 Miata – Future Cars – Car and Driver sorta reminds me of bmw z3 m.

因果関係の流れ
Old 02-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #3658
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
That's a joke or a photo chop right??
Old 02-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #3659
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Quote:
That's a joke or a photo chop right??
COME ON PEOPLE! That is a rendering done by C&D. It says the artist name right at the top of the article.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #3660
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

2014 Mazda MX-5 Miata Rendering and Info – News – Car and Driver so its not real? Alfa romeo has one that looks just like it already?

因果関係の流れ