Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:43 AM   #3691
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Something else id like to get worked out before the next event....

I remember reading JZ's run hot, but sitting on the grid my water temp is around 190ish on a hotter day, 180 on a cooler day.... After I go for a run and come back to the grid my water temp ranges from 220-250 and then lowers back down to 180-190.... It doesn't seem like it should be getting that high?

I have a Koyo 2 rod radiator, dual 12 inch flex-a-lite pusher (normal configuration) fans, stock t-stat, distilled water, and problend motorsports 40 below water additive. 1.1 bar radiator cap.

Any ideas on what I can do to get it to run cooler? There are no air bubbles in the system, ive bled it multiple times, and top off the water after every few runs if it needs.
If you are not running an oil cooler, I would look into that. An oil cooler can dramatically lower the temp of the engine overall. I had a cooling problem on my sr, ran about 220 during runs. After adding the oil cooler it ran consistently at 185 during hot laps lol.

Invest in one.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #3692
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I do need to invest in an oilcooler. I do not have one.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #3693
CooleyXXXIII
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
CooleyXXXIII is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quick question just installed my harness , what does the power wire from the battery go to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #3694
kalel540
Leaky Injector

kalel540 is an unknown quantity at this point
Got some sexy stuff today in the mail.

kalel540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:51 AM   #3695
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Just need to get my intercooler piping, battery relocated, AC stuff fitted, and other do hickies. It's going to feel alot different than my gutted s13 coupe to now being a fully loaded vert lol.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #3696
Sky80
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Sky80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLspeed View Post
Just need to get my intercooler piping, battery relocated, AC stuff fitted, and other do hickies. It's going to feel alot different than my gutted s13 coupe to now being a fully loaded vert lol.

Looks good! Any exterior shots? What turbo/manifold setup is that?
Old 03-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #3697
93egallmotor
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
93egallmotor is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how is everyone connecting their fuel feed to the oem fuel dampner without using an expensive kit? my setup is basic, stock turbos, ecu, boost. dont need a crazy fuel setup. just curious if there is a simple way to plumb this.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #3698
Sky80
Zilvia Junkie

Just run some 5/16th fuel hose to the fuel damper? Cheapest easiest way
Old 03-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #3699
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
I'll measure mine tomorrow - I think that's about where I'm at as well. Get nuts lab brackets and custom 2" aluminum mounts

Measured clearance from back of head to firewall as ~1-1/4"-1-1/2"

I also shimmed my mounts to fix the rubbing issue I was having from my mounts being too short

Made some 1/8" aluminum shims

Lifted engine a bit

Inserted shims and patted myself on the back

FYI get nuts lab brackets (modified) with 2-1/8" solid mounts is what's happening there

Hood closes with no issues now except for the front hook touching the hood a bit
Old 03-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #3700
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Take the hooks off? That's what i plan on doing, im just gonna keep them in my tool box until i need them.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #3701
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook-E View Post
Take the hooks off? That's what i plan on doing, im just gonna keep them in my tool box until i need them.

I left em both on but the front one I just "rocked backwards" and left it there

Gettin close to rollin!
Old 03-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #3702
dpkid101
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
dpkid101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
That things looking good man. Nice and clean
dpkid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:45 PM   #3703
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
I have one of those K&N filters for my IACV too. Did you oil it or run it dry? i was reading on supraforums that the people that were oiling were getting gummed up IACV's and they would stop functioning correctly. I was thinking about running mine dry, but im unsure if it would even be effective like that.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #3704
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkid101 View Post
That things looking good man. Nice and clean
Thank you sir

Quote:
I have one of those K&N filters for my IACV too. Did you oil it or run it dry? i was reading on supraforums that the people that were oiling were getting gummed up IACV's and they would stop functioning correctly. I was thinking about running mine dry, but im unsure if it would even be effective like that.
I did not come with oil so I put it on as-is. I believe it comes pre-oiled but I'm not sure. People have issues all the time with these type filters and MAFS or other sensors when they overdo it on the oil. I run dual K&N's on my G37 with no issues thusfar
Old 03-20-2014, 08:22 PM   #3705
EvilEgg13
Zilvia Member

EvilEgg13 is an unknown quantity at this point
2JZGTE First start problems

I am assuming that my turbos are bad?

This is the sight I was greeted by after starting my 2JZ for the first time.

That being the way it is can USDM 2JZ turbos be swapped out without adjustment onto a Aristo 2JZ?

Any opinions or alternatives would be great.
EvilEgg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #3706
turbob16ef
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
turbob16ef is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Went to tweakd's shop yesterday, cam is an awesome dude. Glad I went tweakd. And he's only about an hour away. Hoping to have my car up and running here in a couple weeks. I've been getting a little lazy lately. Going on a little over a year.

Last edited by turbob16ef; 03-21-2014 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: I isn't spellingd correctling.
turbob16ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #3707
93egallmotor
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky80 View Post
Just run some 5/16th fuel hose to the fuel damper? Cheapest easiest way
I get that part. But is there a certain fitting to physically hook it up to the dampner? I mean there has to be because the feed inlet is just a threaded hole lol
Old 03-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #3708
Sky80
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93egallmotor View Post
I get that part. But is there a certain fitting to physically hook it up to the dampner? I mean there has to be because the feed inlet is just a threaded hole lol
Take a picture and post it. Are you talking about the inlet of the fuel rail? Or the damper that is lower on the block?
Old 03-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #3709
CooleyXXXIII
Leaky Injector

CooleyXXXIII is an unknown quantity at this point
Completly stumped when it comes to this wiring installed my harness hooked everything up an when I turn the key the starter just dings off the flywheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2014, 10:23 AM   #3710
dpkid101
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93egallmotor View Post
Before I deleted mine I just cut the threaded end off with a pipe cutter and clamped a hose down on it. That worked fine for the little time that I used it.

But what you could do is get like a 90 degree fitting with just a 5/16th hose barb on it and run your fuel hose straight into the rail. Bypassing the dampner. Unless you really just want to use the dampner.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #3711
93egallmotor
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkid101 View Post
Before I deleted mine I just cut the threaded end off with a pipe cutter and clamped a hose down on it. That worked fine for the little time that I used it.

But what you could do is get like a 90 degree fitting with just a 5/16th hose barb on it and run your fuel hose straight into the rail. Bypassing the dampner. Unless you really just want to use the dampner.
awesome man. that's the kind of info I was looking for. id rather keep the dampner because of the lack of room between the rail and the firewall. now if I can just find the thread pitch of that dampner fitting ill be set. thanks for the help my man!
Old 03-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #3712
kalel540
Leaky Injector

kalel540 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone using the Pro torque cast manifold know the thread pitch for the turbo flange bolts?
Is it M10 X 1.25" or M10 X 1.50"?
I've been looking online but can't find anything.
kalel540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #3713
Mister.E
Post Whore!

This:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ea...FcRefgodrDcAjw

or this + a 90* -6AN fitting:

http://www.driftmotion.com/12mm-x-1-...r-p/dm2172.htm
Old 03-22-2014, 08:01 PM   #3714
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mike, would you mind taking a close up photo of how you mounted your FPR? i have the same one and was wondering where i was going to mount it.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #3715
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Mike, would you mind taking a close up photo of how you mounted your FPR? i have the same one and was wondering where i was going to mount it.

Sure ill do that tomorrow - there's really only one spot it will bolt to

It shares one hole with the dipstick
Old 03-22-2014, 08:13 PM   #3716
Mister.E
Post Whore!

did yours come with the bracket? im not sure if i got one or not, ordered it from DM.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #3717
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
did yours come with the bracket? im not sure if i got one or not, ordered it from DM.

Oh sorry, no. I have the Freed Engineering bracket.

http://www.freedengineering.com/onli...gulator-mount/

Old 03-22-2014, 09:10 PM   #3718
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Ok cool, ill have to pick one of those up. You dont have to take a pic of your setup now, thanks for the info man.

Anyone know if that bracket fits a 1JZ?
Old 03-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #3719
BadazzSr20
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
BadazzSr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Hey guys,

I'm not trying to read 125page to find my question. Does anyone know if zero lift brackets any good? I have the eBay ones and they were
GOod for 400whp. Now that I'm making a lot more power there no good the reign to sink. Anyone know a good bracket kit for cheap. I like zero lifts price but I don't want to be in the same boat as i am now.

Anyone have any info on there brackets of a reputable bracket that will hold 1000+ wheel?
BadazzSr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #3720
dpkid101
Zilvia Member

uploadfromtaptalk1395597847596.jpguploadfromtaptalk1395597915271.jpg

Since everyone is talking about fpr mounting figured id toss up a picture. I just used some kind of bracket that was already on my manifold. Seems to work pretty well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk