Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #3691
240cracker
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240cracker
17x9 -5 offset running -3.5 camber and the tires are 215/45/17

id go lower but my 3 inch straight pipe is already kissing every speed bump

240cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #3692
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Speed bumps... who the fuck cares about speed bumps? Its a straight pipe, fuck that shit. Drop the bitch and let the sparks fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslows13 View Post
And we rolled his fenders cus under COMPRESSION of his coils, the wheels rubbed. yes, compression, cus his car gets DRIVEN... its not a driveway/starbucks meet/show queen, its his only car.
Get some real coilovers then. I didn't have to adjust my preload for shit on my tein's, and I'm scraping my rear sway bar mounts. Thats with 17's and a 45 series sidewall. I'd post the pic if I knew where the fuck it was. And do I give a fuck? Fuck no.

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOUR SHIT CAN'T HOLD A FUCKING CREDIT CARD BETWEEN FENDER AND WHEEL. Or atleast a quarter or two. Its just that simple. Duh.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #3693
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
A couple more pictures from the meet last week.

Since the meet I pulled the fenders some and lowered it a little more.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #3694
SantIR

Trader Rating: (0)
SantIR is on the path to ruinSantIR is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideAlliance View Post
Yeah seriously. rules of wheel fitment are low, stretch, and flushness. Not "sweet, I lowered my car a little from stock ride height and my tires aren't ballooned so I have good wheel fitment"

Wheel fitment:

Wheel fitment:

Wheel fitment:

Even my old daily driver has better wheel fitment and I lowered it after this in Colorado and NEVER scraped even once.
sorry, not much ppl have ass much balls/fitment as travis..
Old 03-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #3695
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideAlliance View Post
Wheel fitment:

Wheel fitment:

Wheel fitment:

CO has some of the BEST FCs. And it's only getting better....
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:28 PM   #3696
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i think u guys should be a little easier on bullet there...my car rides about as high as his does...but there is such a thing as function > form...some of us perfer the lower ride height with an aggresive stance that actually FUNCTIONS on the track without rubbing tires/fenders to shit

so if youre gonna rag on how shitty his car is because of his ride height...might as well do mine too
Lower ride height and aggressive stance are two totally different things.

Japan goes low, has no clue what their camber is and all they care about is how cool their car looks when aero goes flying off.

Lower your car, its better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
btw...ksport and D2 coilovers dont lower for SHIT if you keep them at their proper spring preload (especially the older ones from 04/05)...when you start removing preload to get them lower you run the risk of blowing out the damper (as with ANY coilovers once you start removing collars and such)
Yes, any SHIT coilovers will blow. How do you know if you have shit coilovers? Well its simple really, lower them, drive around the block, if they blow then the are KSports, if they bend in half, they are D2.

Buy real shit.

Battle Idol Works 2015
SlideAlliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:28 PM   #3697
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantIR View Post
sorry, not much ppl have ass much balls/fitment as travis..

Travis doesn't have balls. He got them surgically removed so he could fit into his pants.
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #3698
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240cracker View Post
17x9 -5 offset running -3.5 camber and the tires are 215/45/17

id go lower but my 3 inch straight pipe is already kissing every speed bump

Reminds me of my car, What aero?
Old 03-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #3699
Otis Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
Haha
It looks just like your car
Old 03-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #3700
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
I thought that was his car

Battle Idol Works 2015
SlideAlliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:03 PM   #3701
240cracker
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240cracker
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
its M-Sport aero

as i was building my car i saw yours before u painted it black and went wide body.

so i went with supermade lights instead of silvia haha

my friend thought u were me and i was trying to fuk with u in his black BMW the other day
240cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #3702
240sxdriftin
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (25)
240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
got bored, mounted up one of my 17's

17x9 0 (38mm spacer, yeah yeah yeah i know) effective -38 offset on a s14, with bmagic 30mm overs...

no tires yet... just thought id add something

240sxdriftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #3703
Leetheslacker
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Leetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
was helping a friend with his fitment and then this happened.17x9 -15 215/40. stock metal fenders, rolled only.

Leetheslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #3704
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Holy fuck.

S14 lca and slotted camber holes? jesus lol.

I Just barely fit a 17x9 -1 with that same size tire, with maxed out camber plates on s13 LCA. Looks like you have like 6-7* of camber. I can tell you two things:

1- it drives like shit
2- braking SUCKS ASS. Almost ran into another car at teh track because i had like 3 inches of contact patch on my fronts. Then i took out my huge spacer, reduced camber back and it was good.

But if its just street driven, sweeeeet.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #3705
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
yea that is just dumb... looks good

but , i don't think it's worth the horrible function
Old 03-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #3706
BillWatcher
Zilvia Junkie

BillWatcher is making a name for him/her selfBillWatcher is making a name for him/her self
Thats not 6-7 of camber, had a 10 wide -32 on stock fenders, had it at 4.7 degrees with some massive pull. Looked about the same and didnt drive any worse than at -4 degrees.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #3707
Leetheslacker
Zilvia Junkie

Leetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond repute
just slotted coilover brackets. function form type 2's i think. i was guessing around -4 degrees too. contact patch is flat on full lock, i feel it would provide more grip while sideways. but its not my car, and he's only running 17x9 +10 without the added camber from the slotted brackets.. i just talked him into trying another 25mm spacer and more camber for fun.

if it was my car, i'd run it. stacked spacers and all.
Leetheslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:40 AM   #3708
samms95s14se
Zilvia Member

samms95s14se will become famous soon enoughsamms95s14se will become famous soon enoughsamms95s14se will become famous soon enoughsamms95s14se will become famous soon enough
For people who don't read the first page!!! Only slammed cars in this thread otherwise you can post your set up in this thread which has lots of useful information and pictures!! Peep it!

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/82859-maste...ng-wheels.html
Old 03-15-2009, 03:22 AM   #3709
VarrsToen
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
VarrsToen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
some pretty sick stances in here!!
VarrsToen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #3710
ae13bravo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ae13bravo Send a message via MSN to ae13bravo
I need some help on wheel fitment. I understand what + and - offset is, I still have no clue on how to put it together in my head to imagine how flush it would sit on my car.
I'm really thinking of buying some VS-xx's. Now I want to know how flush they would sit on my s14 that I plan on throwing some JIC Magic FLT-A2 Coilovers? All I know from the research I did is that they do clear the coilovers.

Size is 17X8.5 +24 5X114.3.

thanks for the help.

Help me find a Top Garage Rear Bumper!
http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...ae13bravo.html
ae13bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #3711
PeterT

PeterT is an unknown quantity at this point
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:12 PM   #3712
jimmytango00
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (14)
jimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmytango00
this is how my car will sit. I finally got everything where i wanted it, screwed the widebody in to test fit everything, lowered the rear and shaved the lip off of the rear widebody, fronts will need it to. I wanted the rim to come out more but since im running a 275/35 the tire kept rubbing and i have no time or money to get a set of 265/40 for the rear so i'll just leave them on for now. Sorry for the shitty cell phone pics.

work vs-xx
18x10 +0 A disc
18x11.5 +19 (10mm spacer +9 ) A disc i believe.
235/40 and 275/35
30mm B-magic rears 20mm front fenders (unkown brand)

jimmytango00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:47 PM   #3713
BillWatcher
Zilvia Junkie

BillWatcher is making a name for him/her selfBillWatcher is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae13bravo View Post
I need some help on wheel fitment. I understand what + and - offset is, I still have no clue on how to put it together in my head to imagine how flush it would sit on my car.
I'm really thinking of buying some VS-xx's. Now I want to know how flush they would sit on my s14 that I plan on throwing some JIC Magic FLT-A2 Coilovers? All I know from the research I did is that they do clear the coilovers.

Size is 17X8.5 +24 5X114.3.

thanks for the help.

Basically if you dont want to do any work and want a small lip go for it. Find a car that has the size lip and flushness you want and ask the owner or put the picture up and some of us will be able to help. But that spec you put up will be banned from this thread imo.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #3714
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
yea, 8.5 +/-0 would fit pretty decent with minimal camber.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #3715
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Wheels
18x10.5 et +15 Enkei RPF-1
10x12 et -1 SSR Kriess
Tires
235 40 18
275 35 18
Camber

Last edited by huffandpuff00; 03-19-2009 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: wrong sidewall height
huffandpuff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #3716
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Garbage pics from iPhone... My car is slowly coming back from it's coma!

18x10 -7 225/35.. roll+pull

MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #3717
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
MELLO*SOS how do you like that ultra fender brace? is it good quality?

Last edited by huffandpuff00; 03-17-2009 at 01:53 PM..
huffandpuff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #3718
Rapier46
Zilvia Member

Rapier46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Rapier46
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffandpuff00 View Post
Wheels
18x10.5 et +15 SSR Kriess
10x12 et -1 Enkei RPF-1

10x12! damn
Old 03-17-2009, 03:01 PM   #3719
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Let me buy your rear kreiss man. aha. Were those the ones from arizona?
Old 03-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #3720
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240cracker View Post
its M-Sport aero

as i was building my car i saw yours before u painted it black and went wide body.

so i went with supermade lights instead of silvia haha

my friend thought u were me and i was trying to fuk with u in his black BMW the other day
LOL yeah my BN looks almost the same.
Cars look identical from the rear. when i saw it i was like "shit is that my s13??".

In a black BMW really? i havent driven the car for a while like going on two weeks i think. where did he see me?