Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #3691
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
The dumbo body shape reminds me of the Nissan Foria concept.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #3692
Jsal32
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Its like the car you put a bag over its head.
LMAO!! This shit had me dying for a while. Too funny.

-Jose
Jsal32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #3693
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I've fucking LOVED the ATS since it debuted. My only beef with it is, like a 3 Series, it gets pricey. Sure it starts at an affordable $33,500, but with the 2.0T 6 speed the way I'd want it (not loaded either) it jumps up to $51,155. But good gawd that one is sexy. If you read the comparos between it and the new 3 Series the ATS is winning. The ONLY reason it isn't running away from the 3 Series completely is the 6MT. I guess it BLOWS. Which is a real shame. I can't image GM doesn't fix it with the next model year. The car is just too important to Cadillac and GM as a whole.
How are you optioning it? Building one on the Cadillac site, it looks like the 2.0T manual starts under $35k. Select "2.0T Standard", and then you can select the manual tranny option (which saves $1,100).

Old 02-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #3694
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
How are you optioning it? Building one on the Cadillac site, it looks like the 2.0T manual starts under $35k. Select "2.0T Standard", and then you can select the manual tranny option (which saves $1,100).

If I was going to buy a car like that I couldn't buy a base model. I optioned it out the way I'd want it is how I came to my number.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #3695
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
If I was going to buy a car like that I couldn't buy a base model. I optioned it out the way I'd want it is how I came to my number.
No comprehendai.

The car comes base with more options then half the economy and sports cars out there.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #3696
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
No comprehendai.

The car comes base with more options then half the economy and sports cars out there.
That maybe true but I get what he was saying. With this type of vehicle luxury sport, if he was to get it the way he wants it would be 51K vs if he was buying another car that had less options.

Kind of like for 34K do you want a base ATS or a fully loaded version of another car type of deal.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #3697
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
I'm kind of torn on the options versus value deal.

For example, when I bought my Rx-8, there were more options that I wanted (actually, really wanted, like a sunroof, bluetooth, and HID headlights), that would have required stepping up to the Grand Touring model. But I couldn't pass up the deal that I got on my base model ($21.6k, new). When I compared it against other vehicles I was looking at, like the MS3 and WRX, which cost $4k more, and were FWD, or had a horribly cheap interior.

I decided I enjoyed the satisfaction of a getting a great deal versus a few electronic doodads.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #3698
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
That maybe true but I get what he was saying. With this type of vehicle luxury sport, if he was to get it the way he wants it would be 51K vs if he was buying another car that had less options.

Kind of like for 34K do you want a base ATS or a fully loaded version of another car type of deal.
A base ATS is still far cooler than a loaded Accord.

My problem with most "luxury" performance cars like the A5, A4, 3-series, C-series is that the "base" car is a complete dud performance wise.

For example, an A5 coupe, which is gorgeous, but at a starting price of $38,500 I'm just appalled at the the fact that it has economy car horse power. 211hp, really? Then the fucks are going to nickel and dime me for hids, ipod integration ect?

The ATS turbo at $35k with a manual comes with ipod integration, aux and usb ports, 272hp. The extra 60hp make it very attractive.

So I guess I see your point, that you are paying stupid money and not even getting "normal options" or that the options like hid and ipod integration are stupid priced. But thats how these guys make cash.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #3699
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I've always just had a mindset that if I'm going to spend the money on a car I'm going to get it the way I want it. And if I'm going to buy a car like an ATS I want Nav, and bigger stock wheels, GM's Pearl Triple Diamond White paint (extra, but really, it's the best pearl white out there), etc etc. And the way I optioned it wasn't maxed out.

But at the same time that puts it at a price that I don't want to justify. But even a base would be pretty cool I guess.

I'm so torn now. You guys have me thinking...eeeek.

I still couldn't live without the pearl white though.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #3700
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
exitspeed - Now I'm curious to see what options you'd pick and post a screenshot like axiomatik did.

oh these rumors...
Chevrolet planning low-cost Corvette under Stingray?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #3701
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
exitspeed - Now I'm curious to see what options you'd pick and post a screenshot like axiomatik did.
It was a 2.0T Premium, with 18" wheels, Pearl White Paint, Spoiler, Sunroof, Driver Assist package (the adaptive cruise control is cool), and the cold weather package (since I'm in WI).

Quote:
Saw that earlier. Pretty cool. I wish they would make a line of Vette's with different bodies. Like make a Kappa II platform and make a smaller V6 Vette.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #3702
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Saw that earlier. Pretty cool. I wish they would make a line of Vette's with different bodies. Like make a Kappa II platform and make a smaller V6 Vette.
I would erase any evidence of this post if I was you. If it happened and the vette community found out you made these comments...... accidents happen.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #3703
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

oh these rumors...
Chevrolet planning low-cost Corvette under Stingray?
Chevy would be stupid to call it a vette.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #3704
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Chevy would be stupid to call it a vette.
Yeah who the fuck do they think they are, Nissan?
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #3705
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Yeah who the fuck do they think they are, Nissan?
I'm not sure what you are getting at...
Old 02-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #3706
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Return of the Baby Vette? Yes please. But with that new ATS 2.0T motor. Kthxbye.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #3707
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:

lol wut? That's like saying Nissan should release a line of Zs with different bodies and one with a I-4 engine lol
Old 02-28-2013, 02:41 AM   #3708
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
I wish they would make a line of Vette's with different bodies. Like make a Kappa II platform and make a smaller V6 Vette.
It'd be a nice way to bring back the Solstice coupe with a solid update and turbo 4. They could even give it some of the styling of the OG vettes.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:21 AM   #3709
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I didn't make this up. This was actually a plan of GM's when the Kappa twins were around. They weren't necessarily going to call it a Vette, but they were going to style it very similar to a Vette. It was going to have a V6 in it too. True story.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #3710
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known

1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #3711
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I don't know why yet, but I like it.

Seriously wish I could talk myself into buying an FRS/BRZ.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #3712
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

While that is ONE NICE VERT I have 0.0000% interest in that.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #3713
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUNvXVsoxHI&feature=player_profilepage
Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #3714
Corbic
Post Whore!

So is the 86 going to be officially giving Mazda the finger or is this a concept job with no real future? If it's legit, I'm irritated they did not come out with a turbo version before they did a drop top.

The proportions are terrible.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #3715
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
So is the 86 going to be officially giving Mazda the finger or is this a concept job with no real future? If it's legit, I'm irritated they did not come out with a turbo version before they did a drop top.

wait until subaru drops the BRZ STI...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #3716
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
wait until subaru drops the BRZ STI...
It's not going to be turbo. All signs point to a 20-40 hp bump and lighter.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #3717
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
It's not going to be turbo. All signs point to a 20-40 hp bump and lighter.

honestly, everything ive been reading about the car (including a few reports from japan and some insiders i personally know) have stated that a few subbie execs involved in the STI building have let slip that the car is supposed to be turbo

power bump is meant to be up around 286hp/267ft tq on a smaller turbo setup (im guessing T28 size running 10-12ish lbs of boost)

but well just have to wait and see...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #3718
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
But how ugly is it with the top up?
Old 03-01-2013, 12:10 AM   #3719
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
But how ugly is it with the top up?
It's ugly already with the top down. Like Corbic said the proportions are all off. Terrible execution of a vert.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:38 AM   #3720
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

No, it's a preview of the production car. They said early on that they intended to release a vert.